• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kapibara-san Collab is the worst and most boring P&D stage i have played yet... so unnecessary, give us Poring Tower :-/
I don't have a Phoenix for Awoken Shiva :( Hope we get the Krishna and Durga ultimates.

Same here...i kinda thought i would get Phoenix in time and was looking forward to trying Shiva...well maybe next time.
Oh, well I decided to pull on the Hunter x Hunter collab REM (after they fixed it!) and well I pulled 3 silvers on my iPad.

I pulled twice on my iPhone and...
Gold! the recently added, Kite! yay!

His active skill changes the board to Fire/Wood/Light/Dark/Hearts (basically everything except Water) and reduces everybody else's cooldown by 1 turn. (starts at 15 turns/max skilled at 11 turns)

His leader skill is 4x attack when connecting any 4 colors (including hearts) and when you match 5 orbs with at least 1 enhanced orb that gives that attribute 2x attack.

He has a lot of awakenings as well. 2x skill bind resist, 1 time extend, 1 skill boost, 5x orb enhance (one of each color).

He seems pretty good. I just wish his active skill made water instead of wood, so I could use him on my LKali team. I guess if I paired him with my Trunks (80x attack and changes wood to water) that would work well.

3x makes things much easier, but it is still a lot of time farming. There is no 3x during the current event, so I've been running the coin dungeons. Not really going for plus eggs, hoping for a flampy. No sign of them though. At least the experience is okay and the monsters are high level so they give good experience when levelling up my other characters.

Outside of events applies to the fat king as well sometimes, I believe. (correct me if I'm wrong) If you want to avoid him then run that particular descend outside of events.
Personally I like the fat king as I can take him out easily with Vegito, hehe.

Congrats on Kita...one of my favorite HxH characters.
Just having another source of getting +eggs more or less consistent is all we need here - sure time is always an issue but outside of events there isnt much else to do anyway for me. Though farming evo materials outside of events will be more attractive now with the standard 2x drop rate.

jay23

Just took a look to make sure and nope. Closest you get is L.Kali and change out the Dark. Definitely one of her weaknesses.

Don't worry awoken kirin will be the most OP monster in pad history, with an active skill of board change + gravity.

Oh, well I decided to pull on the Hunter x Hunter collab REM (after they fixed it!) and well I pulled 3 silvers on my iPad.

I pulled twice on my iPhone and...
Gold! the recently added, Kite! yay!

His active skill changes the board to Fire/Wood/Light/Dark/Hearts (basically everything except Water) and reduces everybody else's cooldown by 1 turn. (starts at 15 turns/max skilled at 11 turns)

His leader skill is 4x attack when connecting any 4 colors (including hearts) and when you match 5 orbs with at least 1 enhanced orb that gives that attribute 2x attack.

He has a lot of awakenings as well. 2x skill bind resist, 1 time extend, 1 skill boost, 5x orb enhance (one of each color).

He seems pretty good. I just wish his active skill made water instead of wood, so I could use him on my LKali team. I guess if I paired him with my Trunks (80x attack and changes wood to water) that would work well.

He seems pretty strong to me
【パズドラ】ゼウス・ヴァルカン降臨! 超地獄級 + 気狂いピエロ・カイPT (Zeus Vulca…: http://youtu.be/4DLuVXVD82c

Rixa

Kapibara-san Collab is the worst and most boring P&D stage i have played yet... so unnecessary, give us Poring Tower :-/

I was wondering about this event, played once that 40 STA dungeon and it really was boring + those units that drop are uninspired and dull looking.
Merari! Atsui-san dropped for me, seems that there is some use for him. Oh well one more unit to steal my precious inventory space :/.

Anyways, today we(?) didnt get any daily login bonus mail, do we get one tomorrow?

Ducarmel

With the updates best friend might reset and i have not used mine yet. I am never short friends with devil farming leads so i think I want to best friend a Bastet main.

Mine is not awoken yet did not have the opportunity to run Spinx but will do when it comes back.

Zero_IYAD do you still main Bastet or have her in slot 2?

cw_sasuke

Based Baset - i dont know how often my Verdandi team failed on Mythical Dialgados because i had to waste to many actives on the stage before Dialgados himself.

quickmemo_2015-07-20-edsdy.png

With Bastet dmg output even Drall (i hate him) and Dialgados were oneshotted...lovely.

Also had luck on Metal Dragon and got 3 Super Kings in 2 runs..so i could evolve Zeus. Now i only need to level and evolve Gaia for Awoken Zeus.

I was wondering about this event, played once that 40 STA dungeon and it really was boring + those units that drop are uninspired and dull looking.
Merari! Atsui-san dropped for me, seems that there is some use for him. Oh well one more unit to steal my precious inventory space :/.

Anyways, today we(?) didnt get any daily login bonus mail, do we get one tomorrow?

Hehe yeah...that Collabo is kinda useless. Will probably use my time to stock up on some evo materials this week - i dont have much masks left and its been weeks since i have done the stage.

Kyuur

Thinking about trying to get a max skill Merari from this collab to help me cheese through trifruits. Or maybe Bunbun instead, since I think my initial burst will take the green one down to his light-mode.

Daily & Limited Time Dungeon Renewal!
[Starting]: 7/21 (Tues), 12:00 AM (PDT)
Some exciting changes are coming to the Daily and Metal/Gold/Jewel Dragon Limited Time Dungeons! - Beginning Tuesday, 7/21, the Daily Dungeons will feature permanent 2x Drop (Tuesday-Friday) and 2x Coin (Weekend) rates, regardless of whether or not an event is in effect
- Starting Friday, 7/24, the standard Metal/Jewel Dragon dungeons will be combined with their Super Metal/Jewel Dragon counterparts into one Limited Time Dungeon with two separate floors
- King Dragons will appear in the standard Metal/Jewel Dragon dungeons at at rates equivalent to the older dungeons' 2x bonus
- These combined dungeons will have new names (“Metal Dragon Infestation!”, etc.), and 1 Magic Stone will be awarded the first time they are completed
- Starting 7/24, Limited Time Dungeons will also appear more frequently each day
Be sure to take advantage of all the great opportunities this brings-\-\farming evo materials just got way more fun!
yay, 5 more free stones

razterik

yay, 5 more free stones

At least 10, actually. They get combined, but since the dragon dungeons include normal and technical levels, they have separate stones. Other dungeons also get combined eventually, including evo/rare evo rush and king/super king carnival, but we haven't even seen the single versions of some of those yet, so not sure how they will introduce them.

Farming plus eggs on Mondays tech is so fun.

Hope you stopped already? 5x was only active for half of today.

Negator

Permanent 2x is a godsend. Feels good to be able to get those keepers whenever they are needed.

Fed the blue dragon to Sun Quan because I figured he goes into way more teams than anything else.

Feels like the team is really coming together nicely. Once the team cost is high enough Blodin can bring the pain and the team will wreck everything.

9paenmpl.jpeg

razterik

A.Shiva, A.Meimei, ult Cao Cao and ult Durga coming soon.

Man, I thought I'd have more time, didn't grab Theurgia last time. Grimoires urgent please! And I need more plus eggs.

Also, bye bye useful Canopus/Hadar. JP still doesn't have triple type for these.

10 random non-friend helpers is weird. JP only shows 3? Or is it display 3 out of a pool of 10? Huh.

cw_sasuke

Permanent 2x is a godsend. Feels good to be able to get those keepers whenever they are needed.

Fed the blue dragon to Sun Quan because I figured he goes into way more teams than anything else.

Feels like the team is really coming together nicely. Once the team cost is high enough Blodin can bring the pain and the team will wreck everything.

Yeah its really looking good - one you can add Blodin and Uevo your U&Y it will be perfect.
A.Shiva, A.Meimei, ult Cao Cao and ult Durga coming soon.

Man, I thought I'd have more time, didn't grab Theurgia last time. Grimoires urgent please! And I need more plus eggs.

Also, bye bye useful Canopus/Hadar. JP still doesn't have triple type for these.

10 random non-friend helpers is weird. JP only shows 3? Or is it display 3 out of a pool of 10? Huh.

Uh oh.....still need to evolve Zhao Yun and need that 3rd Green Jewel for Meimei...hope i will have a bit luck with the Evo Carnival machine.

Didnt expect them so soon...another part of my Bastet team.

Rixa

I guess this is normal in PAD world. Major update and no compensation in mailbox (IOS EU). Dunno if they come later or not?

cw_sasuke

I guess this is normal in PAD world. Major update and no compensation in mailbox (IOS EU). Dunno if they come later or not?

Why would we get a compensation for an update ? o_O
Unless im misunderstanding the issue.

Rixa

Why would we get a compensation for an update ? o_O
Unless im misunderstanding the issue.

Well other F2P usually give something to compensate lost STA etc. Tho it depends how long maintenance is. On the otherhand PAD gives almost daily some useful stuff (those Tamadras, stones) that you wont get in other games.

cw_sasuke

Oh Zeus Vulcan tomorrow....hmm...
Well other F2P usually give something to compensate lost STA etc. Tho it depends how long maintenance is. On the otherhand PAD gives almost daily some useful stuff (those Tamadras, stones) that you wont get in other games.

I think you only get compensation if the maintenance isnt announced before or tooks longer than planned...otherwise maintenance is part of the update process thats why people try plan their their stamina usage around the fact.

It comes down to the company. Some will give out stuff for any downtime, even if they're early on bringing up the game. Some for only missing the mark by a little bit. Gungho NA only seems to give stuff out if something terribly wrong happens and it's down for an extended amounts of time. As much as I'd like more free stuff, it doesn't really bother me if I don't get down time gifts, unless they're down for over half the day, at which point some stones at least would be appreciated.

Rixa

Oh Zeus Vulcan tomorrow....hmm...

I think you only get compensation if the maintenance isnt announced before or tooks longer than planned...otherwise maintenance is part of the update process thats why people try plan their their stamina usage around the fact.

It comes down to the company. Some will give out stuff for any downtime, even if they're early on bringing up the game. Some for only missing the mark by a little bit. Gungho NA only seems to give stuff out if something terribly wrong happens and it's down for an extended amounts of time. As much as I'd like more free stuff, it doesn't really bother me if I don't get down time gifts, unless they're down for over half the day, at which point some stones at least would be appreciated.

Puzzledragonx writer is speculating here; EU v8.0.1 Quick Summary

Article by SA_Upc on July 21 said:
Now Live for the European version. NA may be updating Wednesday with KR version?

Update for US version surely is coming someday, prolly soon :).

Nohar

Well, that's a surprise. I didn't expect the game to be fully translated in French.

And I got a Naga. She will be a fine addition to my fire team. That being said, I really need to skill-up some of my monsters...

What's the ideal sub for A. bastet now that meimei awoken is available?

I have verdandi, perseus, liubei, susanoo, meimei and chuchu.

dandi perseus susanoo and chuchu are max skilled but liu bei and meimei are/will both be skill lvl 1.

cw_sasuke

You definitely want to use max skill units for Bastet or Awoken Egyptian Gods in general. Liu Bei is so good that you can use him even if he isn't max skilled yet.

Liu Bei/Verdandi/A. Memei/Perseus seems good... At least that's what I will run until we get Vishnu. Kushi/Susanoo if needed to tank preemptives.

Puzzledragonx writer is speculating here; EU v8.0.1 Quick Summary

Update for US version surely is coming someday, prolly soon :).
Exiting... Seems to be a bigger update.

cw_sasuke

For general farming thats probably what i'll do. The real question is who to take out to for susanno to tank descend preemptive and what not.
Hard to tell because Bastet teams are quite versatile. In general I would say if you don't need the extra damage you could bench Liu Bei for a while especially if he isn't max skilled (though is active is far from optimal). Perseus as well if you don't need to have an orb changing active immediately need a counter measure for binds.

They are all good subs so it likely won't make much of a difference I'd you can activate Bastet leader skills. Verdandi and A. Memei shouldn't be replaced imo. Unless you are unlucky their actives will guarantee a kill.

hermit7

Damnit had all the mats for caocao but decided that I would evolve Zuoh. Now I need a dub myth lit!

Have everything ready for shiva.

Shiva/urd/urd/hino/caocao/ friend shiva is going to be my main team. The second urd is replaceable but I need Rcv and fire lacks those high rcv subs. (No red Valk sadly)

Maybe mamiya from the fist of the north star collab would be a good option but I am not sure.

damisa

Anyone looking for a 3 person best friend chain?

I have or will have soon: awoken Bastet, Shiva, Horus

I can also use Ronia, Lu bu, LKali, Kirin as leaders

I have a bunch of niche leaders like awoken Venus also

Kyu

Neo Member
Anyone looking for a 3 person best friend chain?

I have or will have soon: awoken Bastet, Shiva, Horus

I can also use Ronia, Lu bu, LKali, Kirin as leaders

I have a bunch of niche leaders like awoken Venus also

I'm still looking for a chain. Usually run ronia, athena for farming and lkali for descended. I also have A.Bastet, A.horus, Shiva and Lu Bu

Beat castle of satan, so what is my proximate goal now?

Is leveling up my lead or finding better subs more important? I guess I should find out what this pengdra thing is.

cw_sasuke

Beat castle of satan, so what is my proximate goal now?

Is leveling up my lead or finding better subs more important? I guess I should find out what this pengdra thing is.

There is no definite answer - depends on your lead, your subs and what else is in your box. You probably wanna start investing in longterm leader/subs right if you have them. In general its good to invest in your main dmg dealer and the units that are can and will be used in multiple teams for a long time.

There is no definite answer - depends on your lead, your subs and what else is in your box. You probably wanna start investing in longterm leader/subs right if you have them. In general its good to invest in your main dmg dealer and the units that are can and will be used in multiple teams for a long time.

Sounds good -- my leader is Verdandi and I just have trash mob subs at the moment:
  • Brachys
  • Big Woodsie (apparently the final evo form for it is good?)
  • Earth Fighter (probably the first thing to be replaced, but I like the skill...)
  • Armor Ogre, whose 2 skills I awakened

The only other things I have are low-level drops that I was planning to feed to the two penguins I just got, and some Tamadras.

I'm already seeing how very real the grind is. :/

cw_sasuke

Hmm...yeah focusing on Verdandi for now makes sense. No gacha luck so for or havent you been pulling much ? 2-3 good green gacha units could really push your team.

I guess Verdandi is evolved and fully awoken as well ? And yeah you wanna evolve Big Woodsy to King Woodsie for his active skill - 3x Balanced damage is no joke and should help burst down bosses. We had an Ancient Dragon Knight event recently - he would have been a great farm able addition to your team as well, try to get him down the line.

Nope, I haven't pulled anything since the tutorial pull. I have a lot of pal points but apparently I'm supposed to wait for some event, just like the REM?

Verdandi is level 29, nowhere near being fully evolved or anything. I guess I can focus on that. I'm getting a lot of penguin drops and I saved up a bunch of those flying dragon things you need to evolve them.

Thanks!

jay23

Honestly you aren't going to get any great sub from the pal machine. It's best for getting evo materials so you don't waste stamina farming for them. It's especially useful if you're still early in the game and can't beat those mythical daily dungeons.

Save your magic stones for the next God fest and pray to rngesus for something good.

jay23

Padx showing a riders carnival in 2 days. You guys were talking about not having any despite playing for a long time well here's your chance lol.

I wouldn't roll unless it overlaps with a God fest. Phoenix rider does seem like a great sub tho.

Top Bottom