• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't know there was a thread for this.

I wasn't even aware this was a game or even a type of game until I saw videos for the Super Mario version. Been playing for 60 days now (wow that went by quick), and I'm on the last dungeon of Ocean of Heaven.

I'm fighting Neptune right now. Have been, for the past hour, actually. Doing loads of 1 damage. All my skills are doing 1 damage too. 1 damage after 1 damage after 1 damage. I almost feel like I want to persevere. but that's like, 1000 rainbow matches back to back :( Using an ADK team with dragons but it means nothing to Neptune :(

Also this game is pretty tough to get into, it's deceptively complex and there's a lot of acronyms and shit that make beginners guides uniformly garbage and nearly impossible to parse. I'm at the point where I guess team building is crucial and it's slapped me in the face reaching these upper dungeons. Almost feels like you reach points where you need specific monsters to continue, not complaining about that really, but looking at it longitudinally it sets up different grind goals. I only found out about ADKZ teams maybe two weeks ago, so I had to go get the Mystic Stone Night, level him up, then learn about resolve teams to be able to tangibly survive Wednesday Dungeon to be able to evolve him to ADK, and now it looks like even if I had a 9x multiplier going into this it wouldn't have been enough so back to the drawing board. Definitely can be frustrating at times.

seeing someone talk about ADK and resolves teams takes me back lol. Glad to have you here Enzo this is one of the deepest and best games ever made IMO. The meta constantly changes.

What's your box like? That's the easy way for us to offer pointed and up to date advice. Look into a PADHerder to avoid having to post multiple screenshots and to help us parse your box easier.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
enzo_gt,

i feel you man...without GAF or online help in general this game is more or less "unplayable" at beginning since the app itself explains shit. Even the concept of pairing up with matching friend leaders was alien to me at first....i remember playing with U&Y and thinking he was shit because i was yet to activate his leaderskill, not knowing that every color of the activation has to be included in your team.

But welcome to the the thread...you will find all the help you need from the PaD OGs here.

What are you main Leaders ? Did you get anything good from REM so far ?

Rixa

It's a great catchup mechanic for beginners. Troll silvers, currently the worst possible prize from the REM, can be traded for 3k points, which is exactly how much a mythical evo mat costs in the store. You don't need to play through Friday mythical ever again.

Actually, that's totally true. Right now I feel like the mythical mat hump is probably the biggest progress gate in the game right now assuming you get a good starting roll. I would've killed to sell a golem, healer girl or some shit to get the mats I needed.

So should I aim for the rank 60 asap? Not interest for Mythical and I kinda need one Mytchical :p

Negator

Can this team clear mythical trifruits? I really really need a blue fruit for SQ.

Skuld has 99 eggs.

dGCBPTBl.jpeg

cw_sasuke

I havent tried this type of team yet - but for Trifruit and all the green enemies blue focused teams arent the best idea. Maybe if they were all max lvl and max awoken but even then it would be sup optimal i think. With water focus you will have dish out nearly 5 mio dmg only to take out the Green Dragon Fruit.

Have you tried it with your Verdandi team yet?

cw_sasuke

Anyone tried Challenge Stage 9 with Bastet yet ?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1358

The enemy attack description is kinda irritating. Will Threedia always use Wild Talon Rake as second attack after Howling Gust ? If so Kushi or some kind of defense is mandatory.

And whats up with all the +6 mio hp enemies...damn. First time looking up Stage 9 info and its nuts.

Lol. My verdandi is unevod at level 12. My G/L Bastet maybe?

I dont know....how much dmg per round is the team capable of ? If it was a certain drop i would have said just stone to get it - but getting the fruit you need might take a couple runs.

Maybe just give it a shot...floor 1/2 shouldnt be an issue. On floor 3 you have to take out the green enemies before Baby Tamadra binds your unit....thinking about it...probably just too soon and you will waste stamina.

Best hope to get that fruit might just be PEM - thats where i got my Mythical fruits early on.

smbu2000

Ooh, tried out God Rush for the first time in awhile and cleared it on my first try! Nice!

I had subbed in LKali for Hino Kagu as I thought Beezlebub would do that attack that starts the board off with an all poison board, but he was just the regular version so I didn't really need her after all. I did use her to clear the board of leftover poison drops after taking out Beezlebub.

The party I used was almost hyper, only Liu Bei needs about 20ish plus eggs to be hyper. I one shot Zeus.

J0dy77

I'm in love with Awoken Ra, cleared Legendary Dragon Rush on my first attempt. Being able to finally complete these dungeons has been such a long time in waiting. I Love this game but it really does bring it down at times when I realize that true success comes strictly from gambling/luck.

I also need to make getting Light Izanami max skilled a top priority. She would give me so much more flexibility on Horus and Ra teams since I already have D. Kali and Horus covering dark izanami.

How can you tell when awoken ra's skill used multiplier is working?

I'm popping what should be x60 (not quite to my awoken Ra, that will be tomorrow), but it feels like I'm only getting x30.

Is there some kind of visual indicator?

Kyuur

I wasn't even aware this was a game or even a type of game until I saw videos for the Super Mario version. Been playing for 60 days now (wow that went by quick), and I'm on the last dungeon of Ocean of Heaven.

I'm fighting Neptune right now. Have been, for the past hour, actually. Doing loads of 1 damage. All my skills are doing 1 damage too. 1 damage after 1 damage after 1 damage. I almost feel like I want to persevere. but that's like, 1000 rainbow matches back to back :( Using an ADK team with dragons but it means nothing to Neptune :(

Also this game is pretty tough to get into, it's deceptively complex and there's a lot of acronyms and shit that make beginners guides uniformly garbage and nearly impossible to parse. I'm at the point where I guess team building is crucial and it's slapped me in the face reaching these upper dungeons. Almost feels like you reach points where you need specific monsters to continue, not complaining about that really, but looking at it longitudinally it sets up different grind goals. I only found out about ADKZ teams maybe two weeks ago, so I had to go get the Mystic Stone Night, level him up, then learn about resolve teams to be able to tangibly survive Wednesday Dungeon to be able to evolve him to ADK, and now it looks like even if I had a 9x multiplier going into this it wouldn't have been enough so back to the drawing board. Definitely can be frustrating at times.

I feel you, but the reason this game is so good for a F2P game (imo) and has such a great community is due to that complexity, so I'm glad it's there.

Are both your ADKs awakened for two-prong attack? I feel like you might be able to break Neptune's defense if you can match three two-prongs (four orbs) and get a couple of combos. If not, you can try farming up a King Woodsie (green slime guy's last evolution, needs a King Emerald Dragon) and use his skill to burst past in combination!

So should I aim for the rank 60 asap? Not interest for Mythical and I kinda need one Mytchical :p

We won't be getting the patch for some time now, so shouldn't be much a problem. I know you've been grinding Giants, what rank are you now?

Rixa

We won't be getting the patch for some time now, so shouldn't be much a problem. I know you've been grinding Giants, what rank are you now?

Ah ok, anyways I just got to level 59 so 60 is soon. Also Iam in the point where I dont manage to go further in the story. With current setup I cant clear "Hyperion Lava Flow - Blazing Dragon", boss is too strong. Thus I need to grind more for levels :) & raise my units levels.

Ah ok, anyways I just got to level 59 so 60 is soon. Also Iam in the point where I dont manage to go further in the story. With current setup I cant clear "Hyperion Lava Flow - Blazing Dragon", boss is too strong. Thus I need to grind more for levels :) & raise my units levels.
He's a gimmick boss, high defense but very little HP. A monster with a poison skill will make very short work of him, or a monster with a defense-piercing active skill. Any of the forms of Ra, assuming you have any on your friends list, are a good choice for this guy if you can handle his leader skill.

Rixa

He's a gimmick boss, high defense but very little HP. A monster with a poison skill will make very short work of him, or a monster with a defense-piercing active skill. Any of the forms of Ra, assuming you have any on your friends list, are a good choice for this guy if you can handle his leader skill.

Brb. Loaning Azusas Awoken Ra :p.
Testing if I can survive his skill or not, if I lose then I lose, its just few STA anyways.

^^
Testing it when I have it in list.

I wish I had Reine, Blodin and DKali.

The alt valks just hate me. But SS Isis is really an awesome card, there are so many things you can do with her.
Yeah I've had pretty great REM luck on this account. I also have Beast Rider Merlin, all ready to put on this team, and he is a perfect fit here. But I'm hesitating since his CD is so long without skill ups, and who knows when we'll get the DC collab again. Between him and Isis herself I need about 10 bubpys.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Your monster box? We can take a look see how to get you through Ocean of Heaven.

You can use Padherder.com as well, it helps you get organized and schedule your stamina more wisely.

puzzledragonx.com has some nice teams that requires no money spent.

There are some nice non-IAP guides of how do you progress. Also the game unwinds itself progressively as you play more and more.

In US server I reached Rank 167 almost in 4 months, now that I am familiar with the mechanics, I reached Rank 167 in less than 2 months from Rank 20 in JP server.

Random thought that occurred to me. Throughout all my REM pulls since I started playing ~900 days ago, I've never pulled a Dino Rider, a monster which has been in the game since the start. Not that I'm complaining about that. But it just seems like the odds of that is extremely slim. *shrugs*

Jonsoncao

Banned
Random thought that occurred to me. Throughout all my REM pulls since I started playing ~900 days ago, I've never pulled a Dino Rider, a monster which has been in the game since the start. Not that I'm complaining about that. But it just seems like the odds of that is extremely slim. *shrugs*

Haha it proves you always pull at the right time (for not pulling this troll gold egg).

Jagernaut

I am also around 900 days and I've never pulled a Gryps Rider. I have every other rider (2 of Arthur) and my first REM pull was a Marine Rider.

Spent all day and all my pal rolls trying to get a Dub Amylit so I could get Awoken Ra. The game had plenty appear in Junos Island but none dropped of course.

coy

Can this team clear mythical trifruits? I really really need a blue fruit for SQ.

Skuld has 99 eggs.

dGCBPTBl.jpeg
I've been with the game since near its inception and your water team obliterates anything I can make.

I am also around 900 days and I've never pulled a Gryps Rider. I have every other rider (2 of Arthur) and my first REM pull was a Marine Rider.
Hah, I only have Gryps in all this time. Were Ninjas here from the beginning? Because I have none of those. I'd really love Sasuke, too. RNG, keep doing your thing.

Edit: I don't think Ninjas were here all this time. Still wish I had any.

am_dragon

I guess I'm the 'lucky' one, Riders is one of the few complete REM series I have after 896 days. I also have the Chinese Girls, and Japan 1 series complete.

I will say that I've max skilled most of the Riders and they are not the trash they use to be.

cw_sasuke

Hope i can get the 3 Dub-mythlit i need today to Awoken Ra....interested to try him out.

All these Hunter X Hunter collab updates are making me super salty. I would throw down stones for those.

kinda glad we arent getting these - because FF, HxH, Dragon Ball and Co. would likely get me to spend a bunch of money on the game.
I have 2 Hanzo and 1 of every other ninja except for Chiyome. Wish I had her for my fire teams.

Heh....Hanzo...wish i had gotten him month ago, was happy for a second when i pulled DMeta...then GAF told me that she is more or less useless without him and i died a little bit inside lol.

Heh....Hanzo...wish i had gotten him month ago, was happy for a second when i pulled DMeta...then GAF told me that she is more or less useless without him and i died a little bit inside lol.
Not useless, especially if you have other compatible REM subs...but certainly not anywhere as strong as your green teams without him.

yami4ct

Saves up 140 stamina to run friday expert for dub-topalits->end up with zero topalits and 6 dub-mythlits.

How does this even happen?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OoQmUr1.jpg

I don't have much, so I just favorited everything notable I have that isn't fodder/reg drops up until this point (I have kept at least 1 of everything that has dropped for me thus far). I have a lot of other mats, all the evolved dual type Hello Kitty monsters (lol), a Kraken, some assorted Dragon Fruit, Chasers and various misc monsters from events over the past two months. No healers which I think I should be grinding for. Right now I'm not doing much, doing the whole Pengdra thing but its not as worth it anymore because I don't have the team cost high enough to sustain many evolutions (nor can I do some of the mat dungeons, and I'd rather just keep my single Keeper of the Rainbow) so my box is overflowing with stuff I don't need. Have only pulled the REM once to get that Light Machine Golem thing.

wat do

I feel you, but the reason this game is so good for a F2P game (imo) and has such a great community is due to that complexity, so I'm glad it's there.

Are both your ADKs awakened for two-prong attack? I feel like you might be able to break Neptune's defense if you can match three two-prongs (four orbs) and get a couple of combos. If not, you can try farming up a King Woodsie (green slime guy's last evolution, needs a King Emerald Dragon) and use his skill to burst past in combination!
I don't have any friends with ADKs (used some other leaders with 2.5 or 3x bonuses across various conditions), and I also know nothing about awakening or skill ups. I do have a bazillion Tamadras and mats sitting around though, including a King Emerald. Maybe I'll look into that.

Rixa

Hrr. It was scary feeling to go with Zombieteam to 25 STA fight. Loaned friend Amaterasu Ohkami, fight went surprisingly well. Now I only need 1 Dub-rubylit, so more runs to Friday Dungeon :).

cw_sasuke

Well...this just happened !!!

Bestcat is too strong - first God Rush attempt, cleared, zero stoned it and got Gaia :eek:
Screwed up once Zeus Dios and once on Satan...somehow the attack description on PDX because Satan didnt use World Ends until the 5th or 6th round, i was ready to orb though because i got the Gaia drop as long as i could keep Verdandis active for the final stage. But thankfully i didnt need too because Bastet can dish out some damage no matter how shitty the board is as long as you combo hard.

Entering final stage i thought about hitting him with a medium attack and then finish the job with Verdandis active. I use Verdandi and get this board....lol...

quickmemo_2015-07-17-51s9n.png

Thought i should just heal and not connect the 4 orbs to get him under 50% which would screw me. So i go only for the heal and fire combos....get 2 skyfall 3er wood combos thinking...shit this will get below 50%.....BOOM dead. Man Bestcat dmg output is ridiculous considering im running with Kushi and Perseus who dont even have TPAs. Well for this shot i didnt even had a single green TPA.

Man i have been working for weeks on leveling up Gigas and Co. so i can use them on Gaia Desc - who would have known that i will beat God Rush first. Probably could have S-Ranked it if i played better against Zeus Dios and Satan. Once i max level 2nd Verdandi and Bastet i will be able to tank Zeus-Dios preemp hit without Kushi - that would be nice.

No stamina for Friday dungeon now but it was worth the struggle - #Based Bestcat !!

Awoken Hades im coming for you :-D

Not useless, especially if you have other compatible REM subs...but certainly not anywhere as strong as your green teams without him.

Yeah you are right - useless is a bit harsh since she can be swapped in as a sub in some teams. If i had gotten her as one of my earlier drop i probably would have tried to make it work somehow. But my GZL and U&Y were advanced so i didnt wanna invest in a not more or less perfect team.

FZZ

Banned
I think I took everyone's RNG

I needed 3 dub-topalits and 3 dub-mythlits. Only had enough stam for two runs.

In those two runs I got 3 dub-topalits and 1 dub-mythlit

D:

am_dragon

Saves up 140 stamina to run friday expert for dub-topalits->end up with zero topalits and 6 dub-mythlits.

How does this even happen?

Forbidden Tower, Door of Light and Shadow, (one of the good plus farming levels) does drop them and Monday will be 1.5x drop rate until noon pacific at least. It may take a few runs at 12 stam / run but you will also be getting plus drops. Just throwing that out there.

Quantum

I don't have much, so I just favorited everything notable I have that isn't fodder/reg drops up until this point (I have kept at least 1 of everything that has dropped for me thus far). I have a lot of other mats, all the evolved dual type Hello Kitty monsters (lol), a Kraken, some assorted Dragon Fruit, Chasers and various misc monsters from events over the past two months. No healers which I think I should be grinding for. Right now I'm not doing much, doing the whole Pengdra thing but its not as worth it anymore because I don't have the team cost high enough to sustain many evolutions (nor can I do some of the mat dungeons, and I'd rather just keep my single Keeper of the Rainbow) so my box is overflowing with stuff I don't need. Have only pulled the REM once to get that Light Machine Golem thing.

wat do

Are you going to spend money? are you trying to have a non-REM account?

If you are going to continue down the non-IAP road you do not have a lot of options.

from what you have shown you could work towards a A. Horus team, but still I see one glaring problem.

- you have way too much discipline - you have to roll more frequently in the REM, specifically during the god-fests.
- 450 box space at rank 82 is overkill, you have enough room right now given your potential teams.
- certainly team rank is important, but only if you have a team worth working towards.
- ADK teams were the rage about 600 days ago so it makes sense that no one runs them anymore.
- awakenings and skill ups are in integral part of the later game, but with leaders and subs that you intend on crafting into teams to run harder content.

TLDR: if you are going to spend money in the game you are set up with space and your rank needs some work, but I don't see many end game options unless you start pulling in the REM
if you are not going to spend any money in the game, consider re-rolling during a godfest and re-prioritizing your first few rolls - roll in the REM and look for a few strong leaders to finish the mid and late game content and concentrate less on expanding your box.

Noaloha

Incase you want Verdandi The President (as I always read it :p) friend:

ID: 347.976.340

Sent request. ID: Molly. I have Verd up permanently in slot 1, but she's not pumped full of +s like many others are. She'll at least be max-skill once the mythfruit skills rotate back around (fingers and toes crossed).

I'm hoping to get the drop from Xuanzang Legend edit: Master on Sunday, dungeon with a 'Team Cost of 20 or lower' condition. Thinking my best team, theoretically(!), is this one:

llFV5My.png

Problem is that I don't think I have much in the way of viable friend leaders to support it. It's a long shot, I know, but anyone with any unEvoed Hakus or other <=20cost leaders that synergise well, and can put them up on Sunday?

ID: 324.541.344

Rixa

Sent request. ID: Molly. I have Verd up permanently in slot 1, but she's not pumped full of +s like many others are. She'll at least be max-skill once the mythfruit skills rotate back around (fingers and toes crossed).

Problem is that I don't think I have much in the way of viable friend leaders to support it. It's a long shot, I know, but anyone with any unEvoed Hakus or other <=20cost leaders that synergise well, and can put them up on Sunday?

ID: 324.541.344

And its accepted :).
Cause Iam newbie in this game, I dont know if my unevolved Nut can help you or not. But she should be in one of my leader slots (1st I think).

I try to get it to level 50 at some point. But it takes some time cause Verdandi is going to eat my enhancers.

J0dy77

I've run Friday dungeon 11 times in the last two weeks. I've gotten 1 dub topalit, 1 Dub mithlit and 9 dub amelit. This game clearly knows what you want. I still have no idea how there are no regulations or disclosed information about how it works.

smbu2000

Yes, finally I got an invade from the Angel/Devil series. Gurizaru (not sure about the English spelling, Grizzle??
Popped out on the first floor when I tried out the Cauchemar Mythical. He has a lot of HP (7 million on Mythical, 8.6 million if he appears during a Legend plus dungeon). Used Vegito to delay a turn, attacked and then on my second attack used Hino Kagu to take him down.

On my iPad he had also appeared on the first floor when I tried Izanami Mythical the other day. Took two shots to take him down with my Ra/LKali team. Now I have both on my iPad and I just need the Angel on my main one.

Bestcat is too strong - first God Rush attempt, cleared, zero stoned it and got Gaia :eek:
Congrats on the clear! (I just cleared it myself the other day.) Is that your first Legend Plus?

Perseus is the only character from your team that I don't have. When I tested out my team I used Bastet/Liu Bei x3/Verdandi/Bastet friend though my HP was a bit low. I'd be worried unless I had a lot of plus eggs on the team.

saichi

Screwed up once Zeus Dios and once on Satan...somehow the attack description on PDX because Satan didnt use World Ends until the 5th or 6th round, i was ready to orb though because i got the Gaia drop as long as i could keep Verdandis active for the final stage. But thankfully i didnt need too because Bastet can dish out some damage no matter how shitty the board is as long as you combo hard.

Entering final stage i thought about hitting him with a medium attack and then finish the job with Verdandis active. I use Verdandi and get this board....lol...

quickmemo_2015-07-17-51s9n.png

Thought i should just heal and not connect the 4 orbs to get him under 50% which would screw me. So i go only for the heal and fire combos....get 2 skyfall 3er wood combos thinking...shit this will get below 50%.....BOOM dead. Man Bestcat dmg output is ridiculous considering im running with Kushi and Perseus who dont even have TPAs. Well for this shot i didnt even had a single green TPA.

Man i have been working for weeks on leveling up Gigas and Co. so i can use them on Gaia Desc - who would have known that i will beat God Rush first. Probably could have S-Ranked it if i played better against Zeus Dios and Satan. Once i max level 2nd Verdandi and Bastet i will be able to tank Zeus-Dios preemp hit without Kushi - that would be nice.

you and your perfect green teams... so envy :(

Jagernaut

I'm hoping to get the drop from Xuanzang Legend edit: Master on Sunday, dungeon with a 'Team Cost of 20 or lower' condition. Thinking my best team, theoretically(!), is this one:

llFV5My.png

ID: 324541344

I sent you an invite (I'm Static@GAF). I have a max lvl mini Haku (15 cost) that I can put up for you when you ask.

Noaloha

And its accepted :).

Cause Iam newbie in this game, I dont know if my unevolved Nut can help you or not. But she should be in one of my leader slots (1st I think).

I try to get it to level 50 at some point. But it takes some time cause Verdandi is going to eat my enhancers.

I sent you an invite (I'm Static@GAF). I have a max lvl mini Haku (15 cost) that I can put up for you when you ask.

Thanks both!

Top Bottom