• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

Regular PAL machine usually has "better" rates for evo materials during events - cost is still 200 pts/pull. Occasionally (this coming event happens to have it), there will be a separate PAL that only gives evo mats for 500 pts/pull. This is your best bet for getting rare evo mats without all the work.

Godfest should be on the 31st and 1st.

Thank you.

How many hours from now does that maintenance start? (Iam Living in GMT+2 + dst)

Started 30 minutes ago.

Ty, I did play 3h ago, but going to lose STA.

Rixa

Exp / some drop rates, from Reddit 3x Egg chance in normals

Reddit said:
PADReddit.PNG

razterik

Tier 5 dungeons when drop rate is at 1.5x, especially Ocean of Heaven.

Tier 6 is still better for Dark/Light. Ocean of Heaven is worse than King of the Gods until around rank 400, maybe even higher than that.

The long answer depends on what you want to maximize, amount of plus eggs over time or plus eggs over stamina (or stone). You can also look for fodder exp, to earn gold, or to pick up desired evo mats. What you can do depends on what you have access to in your box and friend list to aid speed farming.

PAD forums has some great data compiled on this subject: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/egg-data-from-jp-blog-na-spreadsheets-10-26-upate.8886/

During the week, you're limited to what is on 1.5x bonus, so you go after whatever tier 5 or tier 6 is available. If you aren't speed farming and/or dropping stones, run the last stage of each with your fastest/easiest team. Running non-bonus dungeons isn't advised unless you really need to rank up from KoG.

On the weekends, the choice of dungeon gets more complicated. King of the Gods and Ocean of Heaven are fine if picked according to your rank. Athena TPA teams make short work of OoH and ultimate Goemon can quick farm KoG with enough skill boosts and maybe a Satan or second Goemon sub.

If you're whaling stones away, then Skydragons are the preferred weekend speed method. With special builds, you can button press most of the floors and easy match the others. Every floor can drop a plus, there's no evo mats to interfere, and these dungeons give the best time per plus egg ratio. I don't recommend this method unless you really don't care about your stone usage.

The PAD forum link lists some of the different speed farming floors from Ocean of Heaven, Starlight Sanctuary, and Tower to the Sky. I'm not surprised at the rate of plus eggs in Tomb of the Saint-Deep, but I haven't found a decent speed clear team that seems worthwhile to me. Maybe Kagutsuchi with Rodin/Goemon subs? So slow. (Edit: found vid, added, still not sure it's worth it)

Anyway, here's why these floors are picked for speed farming:
Tomb of the Saint-Deep-4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X54IbQx9_4
Tower to Heaven-4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu0VELYKg78
Starlight Sanctuary-1, replace Vegeto with Awoken Ra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oyr8fDAA-E
Starlight Sanctuary-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pib3tUsnDdQ
Ocean of Heaven-1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3mZQlsrZK8

These are mostly Challenge mode builds, although they can be done with your own subs if you have enough. Almost anything with 7 floors can be burned through with this style, so speed farming during weekdays becomes picking the best exp stage with 7 floors from the tier 5/6 that are on bonus.

The goal of speed farming this way is to pick up the most plus eggs over time with the least amount of stamina. At less than a minute, these runs are absurdly quick. And you're still hitting somewhere around 15/16 stamina per plus egg, or generally one plus egg per run. This is a better return than Star Vault by at least 20%. Going up to the 10 floor final dungeons will grant a slightly better stamina per plus egg, but the cost in time and effort to run those greatly increases.

Here's a speed clear method of OoH-5 that requires some early matching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7XBigCtiuo
And a Goemon clear of KoG for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7sB5fDJMM

Negator

I'm an idiot and did not realize Archangel Michael had an ult evo. I have two of them. Investing some time into one is probably worth it, but is there any merit at all in investing in both of them? Perhaps as some poverty Verdandi/ABastet subs?

razterik

If you're willing to stone Star Vault or 5x tech Monday, then you should be willing to stone for 3x normals? It's better rates in almost all comparisons. I'm just pointing out ways to make it faster, easier, and more efficient. This is for people who are non or low IAP, but want to take advantage of this week. Didn't really go into the deep end of stone tossing. But feel free to run KoG and OoH all weekend long, it's what I do on my JP account. It's boring and takes forever, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hope i get a Green Jewel on Evo Carnival for Meimei otherwise i will have to go HAM on Zeus Dios xD

Tier 6 is still better for Dark/Light. Ocean of Heaven is ...................

Very helpful post - thanks.

Being able to farm +egg at this rate outside of SV is great. Will def. invest my th stones from the upcoming event in stamina instead of more dupe rolls.

razterik

Easily better than 5x.

Goemon and Rodin Challenge builds aren't the only way to do this, but they are often the fastest. I think many of the lower tier dungeons should be possible to roll with Kagutsuchi, with some burst or nuke for bosses and maybe an armor break/bypass. There's lots of ways to approach this using Awoken Ra, Vritra, Lu Bu, Ronia, etc.

If you don't want to speed farm, it's still pretty useful to snag plus eggs doing regular runs of whatever is on bonus with leftover stamina.

Here's my KOG build. After getting down into the red, one fire match is enough to sweep most floors. Then start popping full board changes once you reach the boss floors. Horus is for if you don't have enough +orbs on the board on Zeus.
zRiC6Hh.jpg

Azusa

My KoG team is ruined after this patch. Demon Hadar is no longer a demon and I don't have similar monster to replace him. Oh well, now I need to think hard and make a new team to beat KoG consistently.

hermit7

3x normal in JP made me have my first +297 around rank 160...much better rank efficiency and + per sta.

I think I am going to just farm normals for this event. Need lots of plus eggs (going to start on my fire cards like hino) and hopefully I can get a bunch. I would assume running whatever is on 1.5 drops is the most efficient?

Jagernaut

I'm one dubmythlit short for ultimate evolving Durga. She's already max skilled and I want to try out her new leader skill which is less prone to orb trolling. I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

4 runs of Zeus Vulcan yesterday and no Phoenix drop. The last thing I needed to make Awoken Shiva.

Azusa

STAMINA IS FULL. PLAY NOW!

Neat notification. Every other mobage have this.

It should had been implemented a years ago.

What's the best way to get things like the dragons, the dub -lit things, the keeper of rainbow, etc. if my team isn't really capable of fighting those dungeons? Should I just find better subs and max them out until I'm able to farm?

Kyuur

What's the best way to get things like the dragons, the dub -lit things, the keeper of rainbow, etc. if my team isn't really capable of fighting those dungeons? Should I just find better subs and max them out until I'm able to farm?

Dublits + Expert Masks: Zombie team (Ogre/Resolve leader, low HP subs like Dragon Seeds, autohealer friend)

Keeper of Rainbow: Also do-able with the above, but I find it preferable to use an Odin friend leader (80% damage reduction, need 4500~ max HP to survive) with your strongest subs and leader to take out the first few floors and make Rainbow go by quicker. Otherwise you can just spam Odin's active skill over and over.

For extreme dragons:

- Break their defense (hit at least 70000~), can be done earlier by evolving one of the slime monsters and using monsters with respective typing (Healer/Attacker/Balanced/Devil/Physical)
- Poison (Lilith or Neptune) -- might be hard to survive until it takes them out though
- Defense debuff skills, easiest with 100% (like Shiva) or use a Knight (50% reduction) in combination with the first idea, only need to do 42000~ damage

Shoutout to Razterik for the early heads-up on raising dupes to max-skill ultimate Goemon. I hadn't been following Japan-only monsters and didn't realize how good ultimate Goemon would be for farming +eggs. I already ran 5x tech with Goemon/Rodin but this past SV was my first time using the team on it. Had my best run by far. 125+ eggs. Previous best was only 84 with my Kagutsuchi team. I now have enough to hypermax Awoken Isis day 1.

Regarding 3x normals, that KoG farm team is laughably slow. I run it much faster with RoBu. But I guess at least that posted team is all farmable besides Ronia. For my rank, I'll just be farming OoH 5 for better +egg rates, since the extra rank exp isn't worth much anymore. Here's the team I've tested that's decently quick enough. Pair with Rodin friend. I also have a BF who keeps Rodin up most times.

oyVQkcj.jpg

Clear floors with Kagu. Can use Ra for masks/kings, but make sure you have 1 active when you reach Neptune. Double Rodin clears Carbuncles. It's nice that 9 floors can drop +eggs compared to only 7 in KoG.

Kyuur

Worth to pull Carnival for one of the Valks? Riders don't seem bad either, although I'd rather have Phoenix or Griffin (Cerberus seems interesting for beating up Piis and other high-def low-hp enemies too at max skill). Just scared I'll get one of the weapon series. :x I guess they'd be okay on an attacker team, but I don't have a lead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So this entire fucking time it was the chibi zhao yun I had that I evolved and leveled to 70? Seriously PAD? Fucking stupid shit. No meimei for me.

Man that sucks...did you have a regular one and only mixed them up or was this your only one ? You can get small Zhao Yun and GYP from the same dungeon...maybe that why you mixed it up.

Regular Zhao Yun will be up today and the next day...just sucks for the exp wasted, since the small version needs also 1.6 mio which is nuts.

Man that sucks...did you have a regular one and only mixed them up or was this your only one ? You can get small Zhao Yun and GYP from the same dungeon...maybe that why you mixed it up.

Regular Zhao Yun will be up today and the next day...just sucks for the exp wasted, since the small version needs also 1.6 mio which is nuts.

Only one I had. Really dumb that the pics look the same and the name is just lowercase. I wasn't paying attention. All that damn xp wasted.

mike23

Evo'd by Shiva and gave Ultimate God rush a try. Took me several tries due to stupid mistakes, but the damage output on this team is insane. 4 time extends are apparently just enough for me to hit 6 combos usually. The average combo is a bit low since I didn't do large combos for 5 turns on Gaia.

I also evo'd my Cao Cao to R/G, but he doesn't have any exp and hasn't been skilled up at all. I'm probably throw him in in place of the second Hino

Friend ID is 360,651,373 if any other Shivas want to add me

Edit: Just went for another shot and beat it again with 6.4 average combos due to a Leilan invade in place of Gaia. Gungho wants to replenish my red orb supply.

STAMINA IS FULL. PLAY NOW!

Neat notification. Every other mobage have this.

It should had been implemented a years ago.
Can't read your username without thinking about Super Arcade, sorry

Also the risk with push notifications is that historically they cause people to delete the app rather than be bombarded with messages. But if it's just for stamina it might be alright.

seady

Is it better to evolve MeiMei later when the green jewel's skill become the same as Awoken MeiMei? (with the chance of skill up)

Epic Drop

Evo'd by Shiva and gave Ultimate God rush a try. Took me several tries due to stupid mistakes, but the damage output on this team is insane. 4 time extends are apparently just enough for me to hit 6 combos usually. The average combo is a bit low since I didn't do large combos for 5 turns on Gaia.

I also evo'd my Cao Cao to R/G, but he doesn't have any exp and hasn't been skilled up at all. I'm probably throw him in in place of the second Hino

Friend ID is 360,651,373 if any other Shivas want to add me

Edit: Just went for another shot and beat it again with 6.4 average combos due to a Leilan invade in place of Gaia. Gungho wants to replenish my red orb supply.

Hi Mike,

I've got a s.lvl 4 +200 awoken Shiva. I sent you a friend request. I'm EpicDrop@pf

Kyuur

Did anyone post Indigo, the new 7x6 board descend boss?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=351

Indigo
Devil type
Active: Randomly spawn 3 Water & 3 Dark orbs. Lock* Water & Dark orbs
LS: 3x ATK to Devil types. Reduce non-Fire damage taken by a little.
NEVTGqq.jpg

*Locked orbs can still be moved and matched. Locked orbs cannot be orb-changed (including full board orb-change like Seven-Stars). Locked orbs can be cleared with actives such as Orb Refresh (Mastering)

Orb locking is an interesting mechanic. Could lead to some interesting setups with other orb changers, especially full-board ones.

Quantum

Got my awoken shiva, and already have a friend with a max skilled one on my friends list.

So how do I play this team? Match four red and nine combo?

running an urd main and awakening my shiva - +180ish eggs

SEVEN max skilled +297s A.Shivas on my FL already o.0

- did anyone mention the new endless corridors?

Orb locking really is a cool mechanic, both for player use and for potential dungeon use. It could certainly put a damper on subs like Light Kali.

Is it better to evolve MeiMei later when the green jewel's skill become the same as Awoken MeiMei? (with the chance of skill up)
You can't get skillups off evo mats if the skill changes anymore (for both cases). Still works fine if the skill doesn't change, like for Ronia for example.

Negator

Beat Queen of the Gods with Skuld team. I don't know how I'm going to beat Zeus unless I can find

A) Muse friends
B) Damage reduction

Problem with A is that my RCV is halved, and problem with B is...where the hell am I going to get that.

razterik

Shoutout to Razterik for the early heads-up on raising dupes to max-skill ultimate Goemon. I hadn't been following Japan-only monsters and didn't realize how good ultimate Goemon would be for farming +eggs. I already ran 5x tech with Goemon/Rodin but this past SV was my first time using the team on it. Had my best run by far. 125+ eggs. Previous best was only 84 with my Kagutsuchi team. I now have enough to hypermax Awoken Isis day 1.

Regarding 3x normals, that KoG farm team is laughably slow. I run it much faster with RoBu. But I guess at least that posted team is all farmable besides Ronia. For my rank, I'll just be farming OoH 5 for better +egg rates, since the extra rank exp isn't worth much anymore. Here's the team I've tested that's decently quick enough. Pair with Rodin friend. I also have a BF who keeps Rodin up most times.

oyVQkcj.jpg

Clear floors with Kagu. Can use Ra for masks/kings, but make sure you have 1 active when you reach Neptune. Double Rodin clears Carbuncles. It's nice that 9 floors can drop +eggs compared to only 7 in KoG.

Glad somebody listened, heh. Goemon makes these things super fast, and is especially great in Challenge mode if you lack Rodin(s).

I like your OoH team, I'm still figuring out what my best squad will look like when I'm not doing more mindless runs. Vritra can nuke pretty well when combined with Goemon, don't have my Awoken Ras up yet.

The Goemon run is not optimized or heavy REM. I picked something that was more common and didn't have three Rodins. It can be a fair bit faster.

No Grimoires descend or urgent. I'm going to have to farm Aamir for Theurgia and A.Shiva. Thanks a lot, GungHo.

Top Bottom