• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

I think this is most non to mid-IAP PAD life. Unless you're really lucky or a whale, you'll be unlikely to have a perfect REM set for a leader. I got really luck with Awoken Ra, and that was with me being a medium IAPer (around $10 a month up until like 2 months ago). I think a lot of the fun of PAD is creating clever teams with the limited set you have.

Ha you're right, I don't see myself spending money on pad(unless dbz collab ever made it's way over here). If I did IAP I'd probably hate the game for not getting every single monster I wanted lol.

Your likely right.

When we start getting 2x rate carnivals I might just sell out on one of them that matches with a set of pantheons I like during godfest. Just got to choose if I want a Bastet team of Shiva team.

Same situation I'm in, ranking up both teams but I'm missing urd and cao cao for Shiva and liu bei or Vishnu/perseus for bastet.

New team is probably something like Iilya, Apollo, Light Kali and a flex spot. Covers all colors, lots of TPA and orb change.

Something tells me skilling up Iilya will be close to impossible without piis.

razterik

With Apollo, I never used either Valk or Verche on the team. But with Sakuya's new ultimate and L/B Apollo you could certainly use them. I haven't really thought about what would be ideal subs for the new Sakuya team.

New team is probably something like Iilya, Apollo, Light Kali and a flex spot. Covers all colors, lots of TPA and orb change.

Quantum

84+ eggs so far today - its sooo boring, but worth it.

just revamped my FL - if you were deleted just re-send, I cleared out almost 80 spaces.

I feel a little bad, but I've evolved and don't use the same leaders and haven't used certain friends in 8-10 months.

not sure what the etiquette is, but I'm pretty sure they aren't using my current leads either.

- feel bad for one of the best friends who best friended me when I was using my hypermax blonia daily - still keep it up in team slot 2 so he should still have access.

Negator

So once I'm at the point where it costs more coins than experience to level up monsters, the optimal way to level up are the king dragons right? I got Skuld max levelled with that method and Sun Quan max levelled with a globe dragon. I still have 3 more subs to max level :(

jay23

Looking at my potential kirin team has me hyped now. I have a couple of shynpy's I could save for Ilya.

Kirin 1 tpa
LKali 2 tpa
Apollo 2 tpa
Ilya 2 tpa
flex
Kirin 1 tpa

So once I'm at the point where it costs more coins than experience to level up monsters, the optimal way to level up are the king dragons right? I got Skuld max levelled with that method and Sun Quan max levelled with a globe dragon. I still have 3 more subs to max level :(

^on color metal dragons are the fastest way to level up monsters after snow globes. Just use up a couple of stones to get it out of the way.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I just got a Naga, which I promptly evolved into an Echidna. Now I'm guessing the key thing here is to skill her up as much as possible. That means I should be grinding Scarlet Snake Princess all weekend to feed her other Nagas, right?

A few questions:

Can I continue leveling her up with other monsters (i.e. Pengras) without fear (like I can keep feeding her Nagas after she is max level to attempt for skill up, right)?

Do skill ups transfer after evolution? (Monday I should have the mats to evolve Echidna)

Should I feed a batch of Nagas at once or one by one? (Assuming one by one?)

A few questions:

Can I continue leveling her up with other monsters (i.e. Pengras) without fear (like I can keep feeding her Nagas after she is max level to attempt for skill up, right)?
Yep, knock yourself out. Only reason to feed them at lower levels is to save coins since feeds at lower levels are cheaper.

Do skill ups transfer after evolution? (Monday I should have the mats to evolve Echidna)
As long as the skill name is identical, it'll keep any and all skillups upon evolution. For Echidna, this is the case.

Should I feed a batch of Nagas at once or one by one? (Assuming one by one?)
Doesn't matter (supposedly).

Negator

^on color metal dragons are the fastest way to level up monsters after snow globes. Just use up a couple of stones to get it out of the way.

Ugh. I really don't want to start stoning 50 stam dungeons until I at least have a 150 cap, but I might just have to suck it up to get these monsters levelled up.

Oh man. I'm looking at this Tunabowl monster to use instead of a Muse for the god burst. I need to run the dungeon for nut skullups anyway. Hmmm.

zoku88

84+ eggs so far today - its sooo boring, but worth it.

just revamped my FL - if you were deleted just re-send, I cleared out almost 80 spaces.

I feel a little bad, but I've evolved and don't use the same leaders and haven't used certain friends in 8-10 months.

not sure what the etiquette is, but I'm pretty sure they aren't using my current leads either.

- feel bad for one of the best friends who best friended me when I was using my hypermax blonia daily - still keep it up in team slot 2 so he should still have access.

I should probably clean up my friends list sometime. I know there are a whole bunch of people I don't use regularly...

Jonsoncao

Banned
I think this is most non to mid-IAP PAD life. Unless you're really lucky or a whale, you'll be unlikely to have a perfect REM set for a leader. I got really luck with Awoken Ra, and that was with me being a medium IAPer (around $10 a month up until like 2 months ago). I think a lot of the fun of PAD is creating clever teams with the limited set you have.

This.
Spending stones on plusses for your main team>>>>>>> pulling REM.

Many teams have the potential to do Challenge 6-10 with high plusses.

For example, a non-IAP Sphinx team teaming with A.Ra.

I don't have Urd, nor Chiyome, yet my A. Shiva team is rocking through Extreme Endless.

yami4ct

I hadn't looked at Iilya before. She's really good for a farmable sub. Those TPAs, dark shields, typing and decent orb change+haste. It's too bad she's got such a high cooldown. Being an invade makes skill-ups tricky as well. Even so, she'd be a great sub on my meta team or verche replacement for Kirin. Assuming Awoken Kirin is as good as she can/should be, I can totally see farming her out to run that squad.

Heh. Just S-ranked Dragon Rush without even trying with my Ra team. I was just farming a few Zaerogs to prepare for Infinirog. I didn't even entertain S-ranking the rush dungeons before. Now I'm doing it accidentally with high cost teams just because I'm clearing them in a low number of turns. Did the same with God Rush. As much as I'm enjoying this huge bump in power, I can't help but preemptively feel disappointed knowing that my efforts in hypermaxing this team will once again be wasted when the inevitable powercreep brings us the latest and greatest that can easily farm the Pii dungeon.

Okamid3n

I also just S-ranked Dragon Rush casually, but with a Shiva team. In total, I had only 227 plus eggs (as well as a 297 friend shiva).

Feels like all my other leaders are pointless now, it's kind of sad. But I really enjoy Shiva's playstyle so it's fine.

razterik

450 plus eggs in last two days. Haven't had enough time for more, sad.

Descended Challenge 3 on Monday. Includes Grimoires. Whoo, going to get my A.Shiva soon!

razterik

15 stones and a few rank ups when I wrote that.

Can get around 40 eggs per hour if I'm not doing anything else. Running OoH-1 right now. Did some KotG for dub mythlits to evolve and clean my box a bit. Tried OoH-5 for a while, the plus egg rate is a little better than 1, but I couldn't get my best time below 1:50 and it required more effort. Only got about 30 eggs per hour, so I switched. I could probably get even more with Skydragons, but can't bring myself to drop ~5 extra stones per +297.

Quantum

15 stones and a few rank ups when I wrote that.

Can get around 40 eggs per hour if I'm not doing anything else. Running OoH-1 right now. Did some KotG for dub mythlits to evolve and clean my box a bit. Tried OoH-5 for a while, the plus egg rate is a little better than 1, but I couldn't get my best time below 1:50 and it required more effort. Only got about 30 eggs per hour, so I switched. I could probably get even more with Skydragons, but can't bring myself to drop ~5 extra stones per +297.

I'm going to switch to ooh 1 for awhile then - I spend a ton of time yesterday in ooh 5 and only got about 100ish eggs - I'd like to speed it up.

Quantum

Challenge. I only have one Rodin, so I can't do any of the normal builds that would need at least two.

lol I'm dumb. I've been running ooh-5 in regular mode - perhaps that is what is taking so long

maybe not - for ooh-5 I've been using hino/a.ra/grodin/rodin/fal/anyting -

rounds 1-8 one match turn kills everything 70%, one match two turn kills everything 15%, last 15% is multiple matches (mask or metal),
round 9 fal, grodin, rodin then 1 match
round 10 a.ra

pretty mindless.

coy

100 PEM pulls with no jewels sucks a fat one. I also fell asleep early and had too much stamina and only 2k xp til rankup. All those +eggs I may have gotten. I'll be spending the rest of the weekend between OoH and KotG when I want to change things up.

TrickRoom

Hey guys, I just started out. I went a few hours (or a day) into this game before looking at the thread. I'm at the fire tower now. Looking at the reroll list, it looks like Alraune (what I got) isn't a desirable starter. Tell me, though... how screwed am I for late-game would I be in keeping with this start? So far having her lead the team has amounted to incredibly boring progress that amounted to "Can this dungeon one-shot you? Yes? Then you lose. No? Then you win." I don't know if this is normal play experience.

coy

Hey guys, I just started out. I went a few hours (or a day) into this game before looking at the thread. I'm at the fire tower now. Looking at the reroll list, it looks like Alraune (what I got) isn't a desirable starter. Tell me, though... how screwed am I for late-game would I be in keeping with this start? So far having her lead the team has amounted to incredibly boring progress that amounted to "Can this dungeon one-shot you? Yes? Then you lose. No? Then you win." I don't know if this is normal play experience.
We're in the middle of an event now and the godfest has yet to arrive. I'd suggest keep playing for now as you'll get a free magic stone per day then go ahead and spend your stones you've accumulated to see what you get during the godfest. If you get undesirable monsters, then I'd recommed rerolling.

Alraune is booty tier sorry to say.

yami4ct

Alarune is a shit farmable monster that doesn't even see use as a sub. As was mentioned here, your best bet is to accumulate as many stones as you can between now and the GodFest (likely next weekend? I'm not exactly sure) and pull for something good then. That'll minimize your chance of having to reroll. Rerolling now won't have the added GodFest boost and you'd lose all the free stones you've already gotten. If you've got questions about what you got, hit us up.

Hopefully the Godfest is a good one for starting. If it ends up being Archdemons, Heroes, Angels, Japanese 1, Norse or Greco-Roman, it's going to not be the easiest thing to get a good lead. There are 4 pantheons over 2 days, though, so chances are we'll see something good. Just check here to see when it gets announced and we'll tell you what day is best to roll.

Negator

If you have a high tolerance for rerolling, it wouldn't be the absolute worst idea to reroll for a Valk right now. They're some of the best monsters in the game, and they are very very hard to get.

However, rerolling is a test of patience that most people do not want to go through, and can burn you out quickly. You have a higher chance of rolling something good in the godfest that's going to roll around in the next 4-5 days.

Quantum

- arulane is not a viable leader, not a viable sub and should not be used.
- the game will take time to understand. read through the OP and read some of the guides
- as mentioned there are free stones being given each day (for the next 8 days - one per day) so you can continue to play and learn and accrue stones *but*
- I recommend you re-roll for just about anything else and then save stones for an upcoming godfest.

If you have a high tolerance for rerolling, it wouldn't be the absolute worst idea to reroll for a Valk right now. They're some of the best monsters in the game, and they are very very hard to get.

However, rerolling is a test of patience that most people do not want to go through, and can burn you out quickly. You have a higher chance of rolling something good in the godfest that's going to roll around in the next 4-5 days.

I don't agree with your logic.

- Valk is farmable (the Y/G) and is not a good starter at this point in time if you can re-roll.
- the colored valks are very valuable provided you have the team to run them. They are not new user friendly in any sense of the word and I would not recommend building a team with a valk leader as a new users start to the game.

Negator

I don't agree with your logic.

- Valk is farmable (the Y/G) and is not a good starter at this point in time if you can re-roll.
- the colored valks are very valuable provided you have the team to run them. They are not new user friendly in any sense of the word and I would not recommend building a team with a valk leader as a new users start to the game.

I was thinking more long term than immediately about the whole Valk thing. The thing about the Valks is, when yo do have the team to run them, they are SO good. I didn't really consider Y/G Valk at all because she's not in the carnival. My thought process is that actually getting a Valk is so rare, that starting with a Valk isn't the most horrible idea, even if as leaders they aren't very good.

So yeah. Valk + good godfest leader would be an amazing start, but the RNG involved probably borders on insanity. I personally would not recommend this at all unless you have a lot of time and patience.

Zombine

Banned
Does Awoken Bastet fit on a Ronia team? I want to use her and I have multiples of most of the good REM monsters, but I can't think of where she would be best used.

Does Awoken Bastet fit on a Ronia team? I want to use her and I have multiples of most of the good REM monsters, but I can't think of where she would be best used.

Awoken Bastet becomes an even worse sub then her other forms since you lose out on the small wood damage boost. Her real use is as a kick ass leader.

Kyuur

Rolled once and got Arcline. Not the armored knight I was looking for (Delgado for my balanced Verdandi team) but not a horrible pull if I can build up a healer team. (Edit: I see Valk is coming up, maybe can grab her and Echidna to get this started!)

If I can rack up some more stones I might roll another time or two to see if I can get a colored valk.

In other news, my fiancee broke her phone screen and it was cheaper for us to get a new phone, so we're trying to recover her account. No record of her ID or secret code unfortunately. Anyone successfully get Gungho to recover without those two items? She's my BFF too so it would hurt to lose that account. :/

Rolled once and got Arcline. Not the armored knight I was looking for (Delgado for my balanced Verdandi team) but not a horrible pull if I can build up a healer team. (Edit: I see Valk is coming up, maybe can grab her and Echidna to get this started!)

If I can rack up some more stones I might roll another time or two to see if I can get a colored valk.

In other news, my fiancee broke her phone screen and it was cheaper for us to get a new phone, so we're trying to recover her account. No record of her ID or secret code unfortunately. Anyone successfully get Gungho to recover without those two items? She's my BFF too so it would hurt to lose that account. :/

ios or droid? If you're using droid, you can recover your account if you use the data migration option. No idea on ios, unless you have the data file stored some place.

Droid -> iOS

Pretty sure we need some Gungho magic unfortunately.

Things that will improve your chance of success without a secret code:
1. you are over rank 100
2. you have bought stones

The process might be rough especially if you don't have much information about when dungeons were cleared (and since you lost the data on the phone that could be hard). Ask Quantum about account recovery horror stories

yami4ct

I was thinking more long term than immediately about the whole Valk thing. The thing about the Valks is, when yo do have the team to run them, they are SO good. I didn't really consider Y/G Valk at all because she's not in the carnival. My thought process is that actually getting a Valk is so rare, that starting with a Valk isn't the most horrible idea, even if as leaders they aren't very good.

So yeah. Valk + good godfest leader would be an amazing start, but the RNG involved probably borders on insanity. I personally would not recommend this at all unless you have a lot of time and patience.

I get your logic, but by that thought process rolling for a new Rider, Ninja or Pad-Z Monster is a good idea. Sure, they all have uses, but they're so dependent on getting a compatible leader that your just as likely do more harm than good. The Valks are very useful, but they're also replaceable. They're more of a bonus if you pull them and have a good team to fit them on.

Negator

I get your logic, but by that thought process rolling for a new Rider, Ninja or Pad-Z Monster is a good idea. Sure, they all have uses, but they're so dependent on getting a compatible leader that your just as likely do more harm than good. The Valks are very useful, but they're also replaceable. They're more of a bonus if you pull them and have a good team to fit them on.

Yeah, I can see that. I guess that's just me projecting because I'm dying to get a blue Valk right now lol.

This came way after I could have done it, but I finally beat Hera's dungeon and have access to Two Heroes! Yay! I suppose I can get Cu Cu and Siegfried now.

yami4ct

B.Valk is pretty much universally replaceable by Siegfried, outside of Sung Quan or other blue healer squads. I mean, yes you lose B. Valk's two TPA insane offense, but that's not really a requirement for most squads to do well. I love the Valks and wish they were more available, but they aren't really worth going out of the way for.

Hello.

I want to start playing this, but understand I should wait until there's a GodFest so I don't literally scrape out my own brain through the frustration of re-rolling. How do I find out when one of these is occurring?

I know I could follow this thread but it's like it's in another language or something and I have no fucking idea what anyone is saying =)

All of the P&D links in the OP have the same issue!

Rixa

Hello.

I want to start playing this, but understand I should wait until there's a GodFest so I don't literally scrape out my own brain through the frustration of re-rolling. How do I find out when one of these is occurring?

I know I could follow this thread but it's like it's in another language or something and I have no fucking idea what anyone is saying =)

GodFest should start friday 31.7.
Info about Godfest
When you have done youre rerolling in the future, put your ID number here, so I add you to my friendlist.

Hello.

No prob bob, anything you want to know and we'll clear it, so just ask away.

Godfests are normally two weeks apart from each other, one at the beginning and one around the middle of the month, we should be having a godfest at the end of this week or the next so it's soon-ish, PADX normally sniffs them out a few days before hand, so check back every evening around Wednesday to see if it happens that week if you don't see us talking about it.

You can roll right now, you'll miss out on a few of the exclusive that only appear during a godfest and hit a lot of trash but if you're willing to try a few times while you wait, go ahead.

You can read up on leaders in the pad wiki and also check out their new player's guide and you can ask any questions after reading those here to clear them up or to expand upon the ideas.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A. Bastet hypermaxxed - way sooner than expected.
Thanks for 3x normals and current Challenge rewards offering 2 Woodpys - just cleared Hera Beorc and Beelzebub.

Done with farming eggs for a while.

Also got Awoken Meimei a couple of days ago - she is the first Chinese God actively used. Am i wrong or is her active way more reliable than Verdandis when it comes to green orbs ? Is it more or less the same active and i have just been lucky or do the Chinese Gods always have the 3 different orbs evenly split ? With Verdandi you can sometime end up with less than 5-6 green orbs...can this also happen to Meimei ?

Hello.

Exactly - wait for the GF we will likely get one this week. And Good luck on your pulls/rerolls.

Hello.

Re-roll now and see if you get lucky. :)

Even if you get a B tier starting roll, play the game for a week and see if it's something you like. Then save up stones until next weekend and blow them all on godfest rolls. If you don't end up with anything great but you like the game, re-roll during godfest for a great starting roll.

With Verdandi you can sometime end up with less than 5-6 green orbs...can this also happen to Meimei ?
Yes, definitely lol.

razterik

Also got Awoken Meimei a couple of days ago - she is the first Chinese God actively used. Am i wrong or is her active way more reliable than Verdandis when it comes to green orbs ? Is it more or less the same active and i have just been lucky or do the Chinese Gods always have the 3 different orbs evenly split ? With Verdandi you can sometime end up with less than 5-6 green orbs...can this also happen to Meimei ?

Both should have same odds. They will never give less than three orbs of a color. There's a percentage table out there listing chances for orb spreads, but I can't find it right now.

BquuoMIl.jpg
Second run in Challenge Descended gave me the Theurgia I needed. Now for A.Leilan to complete my team.

Currently at 767 plus eggs. Less than the goal of 900 I wanted, but had some terrible no drop streaks today.

Guess I should check in on my JP account now. The board size changes in the current Challenge dungeon are really weird feeling.

Terra

I guess I am bad as can be.
Played up until my characters were around lv.15-something and then it felt like it got too hard and I started dying.

It was funny in the beginning, but in the end it felt like buying stones was the only way to continue. Uninstalled.
But this is a good and informative OT anyway!

Nohar

Boosted my Ame no Uzume from level 30 to 90 thanks to my Snow Globe Rouge Dragon. I'm using Durga more often, but she has her uses (and, well, I have more adequate subs for her than for Durga right now).

I'll seriously need TAMADRAs though... Urg.

Top Bottom