• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

I finally get Theurgia as a boss but I mess up a simple heal combo and die.

I had a fun one this morning, entered Beelzebub to pick up the easy descended challenge. clear. I catch a bug from the corner of my eye crawling on the floor and kill it, accidentally hit the screen to move an orb and wipe. Good times.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone else running or can put up maxxed A. Bastet ? I wanna give Devil Rusha try later.
^^ Congratz, Ill be there at some day.

Cause Iam not looking anything special from Godfest (just good pulls ofc :D). I should load my pulls for the 1st day of the GFest?

Edit: Actually there is one unit I would like to have :)
-> Odin, just for helping to farm stuff from weekly dungeons. So I dont need to rely other friends so much. But Iam not sad if (when) I wont get him.

Yeah....though if you would pull some TPA units like Liu Bei and GZL you will be able to clear more of the Weekly Dungeons than with Odin...and it definitely faster.

I finally get Theurgia as a boss but I mess up a simple heal combo and die.

I was going to say i would have stoned if it already took you so many tries...then i realized the Challenge is No Continue. Sucks....

TrickRoom

Alarune is a shit farmable monster that doesn't even see use as a sub. As was mentioned here, your best bet is to accumulate as many stones as you can between now and the GodFest (likely next weekend? I'm not exactly sure) and pull for something good then. That'll minimize your chance of having to reroll. Rerolling now won't have the added GodFest boost and you'd lose all the free stones you've already gotten. If you've got questions about what you got, hit us up.

Bad pull? Darn. She seemed pretty useful too considering how that healing's been getting me through.

I'm wondering... when does this game get "tough"? After playing through the likes of other F2P games, I was expecting a difficulty spike at some point to make me want to pay. But I'm over 16 hours in, and (in great part due to that system of bringing OP friends' monsters in) still have yet to encounter anything particularly threatening that isn't a Special Dungeon.

Speaking of special dungeons, what's this going on with this Cat Dragon event? Is the boss monster obtainable as a random drop? It's Water right now, but looks like there was a Fire one yesterday. Is there a time of if/when that one would appear again?

It looks like from what I've read, REM rolls are going to be top priority for the Magic stones I get. Both during and after this godfest. Are the random rolls even more valuable than storage and friendlist space?

Kyuur

How useful are sticker girls? I pulled the wood one this morning. Skill bind resist is always welcome, but as far as I've heard recover bind is all but useless without having resist bind yourself. RCV might provide a nice little healing boost to my Verdandi team (Fafnir isn't providing much right now beyond extra HP).

Ducarmel

I was going to say i would have stoned if it already took you so many tries...then i realized the Challenge is No Continue. Sucks....
I still cant believe how I am struggling to get her for my Shiva. I regret not stoning when I faced her back in May thinking to myself I have plenty of time for Shiva. Still surprised we got A Shiva so fast especially since he debuted 2 months after the first set of Awoken Egyptian in JP, we got him in less then a month.

How useful are sticker girls? I pulled the wood one this morning. Skill bind resist is always welcome, but as far as I've heard recover bind is all but useless without having resist bind yourself. RCV might provide a nice little healing boost to my Verdandi team (Fafnir isn't providing much right now beyond extra HP).

edit: read your post wrong, if its skill bind resist you need then she is fine, still archangels are better they have skill bind resist, and convert orbs also.

Bad pull? Darn. She seemed pretty useful too considering how that healing's been getting me through.

I'm wondering... when does this game get "tough"? After playing through the likes of other F2P games, I was expecting a difficulty spike at some point to make me want to pay. But I'm over 16 hours in, and (in great part due to that system of bringing OP friends' monsters in) still have yet to encounter anything particularly threatening that isn't a Special Dungeon.

Speaking of special dungeons, what's this going on with this Cat Dragon event? Is the boss monster obtainable as a random drop? It's Water right now, but looks like there was a Fire one yesterday. Is there a time of if/when that one would appear again?

It looks like from what I've read, REM rolls are going to be top priority for the Magic stones I get. Both during and after this godfest. Are the random rolls even more valuable than storage and friendlist space?
Normal dungeons up to and including Castle of Satan are regarded as an extended tutorial for the game. The game starts getting more difficult after that point, plus you get access to more interesting dungeons. But good friend partners can still make a lot of that stuff trivial.

If you feel like throwing away 40 stamina try out the first level of the Descended challenge, it will give you some idea of what mid-game content looks like.

Cat dragons are basically event dungeons that run for two weeks. After all five of the cat dragons cycle they'll be available for purchase as coin dungeons, which you unlock at rank 80. The drop rates for the boss are pretty bad for the lower difficulties, the 25stam version has a 5% drop rate for example. It's a better use of your stamina to wait until you can clear the 40stam difficulty

Ducarmel

edit: read your post wrong, if its skill bind resist you need then she is fine, still archangels are better they have skill bind resist, and convert orbs also.

It will get tougher as you move on you will need a leveled team for the later normal/tech dungeons and even then you may need specific teams to beat them.

Cat dungeons is a new biweekly dungeon so they show up for 2 weeks then the next color comes in. Usually used to farm skill up for certain cards.

check padx for the schedule and infor on the dungeon
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

As for REM pulls just wait for godfest to use them. If your are non iap consider using them for box space if your satisfied with your box.

edit:beaten should of refreshed.

Finally took down Zhou Yu on Mythical, probably one of the most difficult descendeds out there. He essentially has double the listed HP pool because surviving until his 50% shield wears off is insanely hard.

Ultimate evo'd Horus to F/L yesterday. I hadn't realized how powerful he is, especially with a fellow Ultimate Evo'd Horus pal.

Still struggle to hit the required attributes, but when I do, man it's nice to see some face smashing.

Now to practice practice practice.

yami4ct

Past day was not good to me at all. First, wasted a bunch of stamina on Sandalphonno dupe before realizing that the Awoken Horus friend I was using was healing up Raphael at the very end and wasn't going to be able to kill him and Activate Ra's Leader. Tried with L. Kali, but my current team just isn't leveled or plussed enough to burst Sandalphon. Started to work on the Grimoires and completely played like shit. Tried to clear Goemon as a super easy consolation, and STILL blew it.

First thing today, I blew through both the Grimoires and Goemon, so I'm feeling good.

Man. Time extends have spoiled me. Playing with Ra in no-awoken skills dungeons feels like the enemy is constantly casting negative orb time skills. The team is still a powerhouse of course, provided you can consistently make your matches. I cleared Ocean God and no-awoken endless with him.

^^^ Yeah, I knew that about Raphael. That's why I paired up with Sakuya instead of Awoken Horus. Though it's still possible to kill him once you get his health low. Just activate a skill and do a Light/Fire/Wood/Water match and hope Horus' multiplier is enough to kill him since you won't activate Ra.

cw_sasuke

Maaaaan.... Devil Rush is not easy. If you don't OHKO every stage you are in for trouble. Might be able to clear it if Memei was skilled, she stops the perfect active skill flow.

But I cleared all Challenges except the 2 Rushes so I will have a couple more attempts before the event ends.

With my current team I just hope that Kraken doesn't show up on stage 2...because that's instant game over. I need to level Wee Jas.

I won't be able to make it.. But do you get something for clearing all Challenges?
I still cant believe how I am struggling to get her for my Shiva. I regret not stoning when I faced her back in May thinking to myself I have plenty of time for Shiva. Still surprised we got A Shiva so fast especially since he debuted 2 months after the first set of Awoken Egyptian in JP, we got him in less then a month.
Yeah that sucks, it often feels like no matter how long it takes when the Awokens show up you still don't have all evo materials. Though with Shiva most people miss Phoenix instead of the Sorcery... Hope you get her soon.

donjezzy

Hey guys,

I've been roaming around these parts for awhile and felt that I should introduce myself. I added my Friend ID to the google docs. I usually run Nephthys, DC Shiva, Awoken Ceres or LMeta. I'm not new (Rank 170) but after js being able to complete King of the Gods I would like to have some feedback on my teams and monsters. I usually buy 15 stones/month, which I used 12 to beat Zeus Dios to complete my awoken Ceres. And now feel Im almost ready to try to beat legend dungeons without having to use stones.

Here are my teams and monsters: https://www.padherder.com/user/dman41s/teams/#158031 If anyone can think of low IAP or no IAP monsters that I can use for my Green or Dark team I would greatly appreciate it. Hope to start posting more!

Kyu

Neo Member
Hey guys,

I've been roaming around these parts for awhile and felt that I should introduce myself. I added my Friend ID to the google docs. I usually run Nephthys, DC Shiva, Awoken Ceres or LMeta. I'm not new (Rank 170) but after js being able to complete King of the Gods I would like to have some feedback on my teams and monsters. I usually buy 15 stones/month, which I used 12 to beat Zeus Dios to complete my awoken Ceres. And now feel Im almost ready to try to beat legend dungeons without having to use stones.

Here are my teams and monsters: https://www.padherder.com/user/dman41s/teams/#158031 If anyone can think of low IAP or no IAP monsters that I can use for my Green or Dark team I would greatly appreciate it. Hope to start posting more!

Welcome donjezzy,
You seem to have some a great pieces for A.Shiva team. A.Shiva/Leilan/Chiyome/Kagu + some fillers. I would focus on that. Seems to be the latest fab

For green maybe focus on Ultimate Vishnu which should be released soon. Subs would be any green TPA like sasuke and G/R Chu

donjezzy

Welcome donjezzy,
You seem to have some a great pieces for A.Shiva team. A.Shiva/Leilan/Chiyome/Kagu + some fillers. I would focus on that. Seems to be the latest fab

For green maybe focus on Ultimate Vishnu which should be released soon. Subs would be any green TPA like sasuke and G/R Chu

Thanks for the input. Ill look into U.Vishnu haven't really looked into him since getting him. The 3 TPA looks nice.

Ducarmel

I'm looking to put together a Durga team. Do I have some decent components, or are there farmable cards I should be going for? https://www.padherder.com/user/LuffyZoro/monsters/

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...3..2069.99.1.99.99.99.3..2083.99.1.99.99.99.4

Durga / Hades / Gravis or Chaos Dark Knight / Aamir / D Izanami / Durga

Aamir debuts this event so try to get him, get Izanami asap we don't have her ultimate yet but it she does cover red for you and she has a very useful skill when max. For now use whatever red stat stick you have, or get Gravis when you have a chance.

You need to find a way to Awaken Hades. Ultimate your Dark Knight or get Gravis.

LuffyZoro

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...3..2069.99.1.99.99.99.3..2083.99.1.99.99.99.4

Durga / Hades / Gravis or Chaos Dark Knight / Aamir / D Izanami / Durga

Aamir debuts this event so try to get him, get Izanami asap we don't have her ultimate yet but it she does cover red for you and she has a very useful skill when max. For now use whatever red stat stick you have, or get Gravis when you have a chance.

You need to find a way to Awaken Hades. Ultimate your Dark Knight or get Gravis.

Alright, thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to get DIza, but she hasn't been dropping from legend and I failed the last time I tried mythical. I knew that AHades would be good, the main barrier there is just getting Gaia.

Kyuur

Finally decided to complete a PADHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/Kyuur/monsters

Other than working on my Verdandi team more (Cu Chu especially needs some skill ups!), I think I'm going to focus on Gadius. Something like Gadius/Belial/Homura/Chester/Ifrit maybe? Would give me 8 fire enhances. Maybe I'll have a chance to get a free strawberry dragon at some point for a fire heartmaker, since I won't count on getting Gadius or Uriel. Maybe Echidna instead of Ifrit if there aren't infinite status shields.

Could do something with Orochi (if I can get the mats) too. Gadius and Chester would both be ok-ish subs, but staying under 80% seems like a chore.

Osiris seems impossible to me still, can only consistently 5 combo with my orb matching methods. I watch others but I can't figure out how they do it with such little time. Maybe I need more time extend subs.

Ducarmel

Alright, thanks. Yeah, I've been trying to get DIza, but she hasn't been dropping from legend and I failed the last time I tried mythical. I knew that AHades would be good, the main barrier there is just getting Gaia.

most of my team building info comes from game8.jp

Here is the Durga entry if you want to know what a REM optimized team looks like.
https://game8.jp/matome/16901&usg=ALkJrhinmDzNFyBKOjrvIl18CiM52h3jmw
https://translate.googleusercontent.../16901&usg=ALkJrhinmDzNFyBKOjrvIl18CiM52h3jmw

smbu2000

Haven't been able to play (farm for plus eggs) consistently this week, so I just used some of my stamina. My second try on the HxH collab. dungeon.

IMG_4924hunter_zpstrfqwsss.jpg
Still need a ways to go to finish off my Hino Kagu. Should be able to max skill him once we get the free badpy from the Indigo dungeon challenge.

Still trying to decide what kind of awakenings I should give to Vegito. Should I try for all time extends or go for damage reduction. I could do all time extends now, but damage reduction would take more time as those are more expensive.

Also cleared Zhou Yu. I died the first time as I didn't use Vegito's delay skill on the first turn. Second time at it I used the 1 turn delay and took him out in 2 shots.
I had already gotten him from the Descend Carnival (used him for my A.Haku), but it's nice to have the dungeon cleared.

I won't be able to make it.. But do you get something for clearing all Challenges?
You should get a stone for clearing all of the challenges. (probably)

Past day was not good to me at all. First, wasted a bunch of stamina on Sandalphonno dupe before realizing that the Awoken Horus friend I was using was healing up Raphael at the very end and wasn't going to be able to kill him and Activate Ra's Leader. Tried with L. Kali, but my current team just isn't leveled or plussed enough to burst Sandalphon.
I'd never cleared Sandalphon (my only asymmetric team is Beez/Ronia and I lack Thanatos for Raphael) but I tried out the pairing from your post and it was a lot easier than I anticipated. Helps that I was leading with Horus instead of Ra.

yami4ct

I'd never cleared Sandalphon (my only asymmetric team is Beez/Ronia and I lack Thanatos for Raphael) but I tried out the pairing from your post and it was a lot easier than I anticipated. Helps that I was leading with Horus instead of Ra.

I hadn't realize the full mechanics of absorb element before going in. It took me a couple gos to actually figure out what the hell was going wrong. Even if you burst a monster for more than its remaining HP, if the last attack that hits it is dark, it heals back. I could just burst him real hard, then activate just Horus with no dark match and maybe have that work. I'll have to try that sometime. Tomorrow stamina's already been spoken for. Gonna have to run Valk for a Red Jewel.

jay23

good days/bad days.

failed 4 times on mighty general.

umm - seriously?

Heh I don't wanna say how many times I've failed that so far. But yea bad pad days are the worst.

I think the next step for me in pad is to buy a stylus, comboing with my thumb and blocking a section of the board is not helping me become better.

Any word on when old collabs like DC universe will return? I need a darkseid for my devil teams.

mike23

Managed to clear all but one dungeon in Challenge 3 with Shiva. Went Shiva x Urd for Sandalphon. First time I was able to beat him.

Only one I haven't been able to beat (and probably won't be able to) is Wadatsumi. Lack of TPA and time extends makes it too hard for me to do the damage I need to do to overcome the water disadvantage.
I would go in with Verdandi, but I don't think I can could get through U&Y with its wood absorb.
I could go with Awoken Ra, but I'm too terrible to activate him without any additional move time.

zoku88

Heh I don't wanna say how many times I've failed that so far. But yea bad pad days are the worst.

I think the next step for me in pad is to buy a stylus, comboing with my thumb and blocking a section of the board is not helping me become better.

Any word on when old collabs like DC universe will return? I need a darkseid for my devil teams.

I'm happy that I wasn't the only one who had a bad PAD day. Medjedra took me 5 or so tries. (first time completion. At least I'm getting close to Awoken Bastet.)

Beat Wadatsumi for the first time today using Hathor. Not really an ideal run; it relied a bit too much on luck for my taste. But at least I got the badpy.

I also beat Sandalphon with a Verdandi/A. Bastet team. It was kind of a wonky team, but it felt really safe. I'm loving the Awoken Bastet life.

Tomorrow I'll be trying the legend plus dungeons. There are no hard hitting preemptives to worry about, so as long as I don't have terrible orb luck, I should be fine.

FZZ

Banned
Seriously fuck this game sometimes. Did the descend challenge for Medjedra and she literally lived with a few pixels after I bursted her. I have no idea how she survived an attack from Awoken Ra/Awoken Horus combo. Didn't kill with a seven combo and active used. That's like a 67.5 multiplier.

yami4ct

This game sometime. It's like "Remember when you had to spend 3 stones on Valkyrie Legend to get your first L. Valk?" Now I can stably clear Mythical with an incomplete team and it's one the easiest Descends around. That power creep+me getting better.

Nohar

Alright. Mystic Mask day, here I come!

Please drop.

On that subject: In "Room of the Sacred Mask - Legend", is the Mystic Mask from floor 4 a guaranteed drop?

cw_sasuke

Man this game can be cruel....Skyfall on my first attack and he immediately blasts Absolute Zero. Played this round so well...this hurts.
You should get a stone for clearing all of the challenges. (probably)

Okay i wont make it - but thanks its good to know xD

This game sometime. It's like "Remember when you had to spend 3 stones on Valkyrie Legend to get your first L. Valk?" Now I can stably clear Mythical with an incomplete team and it's one the easiest Descends around. That power creep+me getting better.

How long ago was that ? Valkyre Legend was the first Desc i beat. Also got the drop on my first try...really happy even though i was nervous during the whole run with U&Y - what a blast. Based U&Y.

Seriously fuck this game sometimes. Did the descend challenge for Medjedra and she literally lived with a few pixels after I bursted her. I have no idea how she survived an attack from Awoken Ra/Awoken Horus combo. Didn't kill with a seven combo and active used. That's like a 67.5 multiplier.

Sucks to hear...thats the worst way to die -.-

yami4ct

How long ago was that ? Valkyre Legend was the first Desc i beat. Also got the drop on my first try...really happy even though i was nervous during the whole run with U&Y - what a blast. Based U&Y.

I screen grabbed when I got her, so I luckily know the exact date, haha. It was April last year. She was my second Descend after Hera. Looking at what I had chronologically, I either did it with a very barebones Kirin team or a L. Meta team. Not sure about that.

Negator

That does it, I'm going to make a Skill Bind Resist team priority #1. I'm so sick of this Mask dungeon and Medjedra is taunting me. Both of these things are getting in the way of G/R Bestcat. I'm either going to throw Skuld, Verdandi, and L. Kali into a G/L bastet team or toss a bunch of Tamas and Metal Dragons at this D/D Chester in my box.

cw_sasuke

Wohoooo True Dragon Realm cleared for the first time and got the Boss drop as well as Fagan - so good !!
Made it to the Boss with Bastet, Verdandi and Memei active ready...i knew if i fail this time i will be really pissed.

So i start with Meimei active. Board is perfect but i didnt wanna hit him too hard because i just was killed in my attempt earlier in rage mode. So i move just 1-2 orbs to not get a too high multi or TPAs...and...and.... fail to even active (dont ask me how on this board, because ..well..i screwed up. Zero damage lol.

Still had the Verdandi active...last move, lets pray for some luck. Board is good...still pissed because i dont think it will be enough. Just go for it and Boom, OHKO.

Based Verdandi !!!

Only Devils Domain left now - but the run kinda sucks because if Kraken shows up on stage 2 im done immediately. Dont know if i wanna waste the stamina.
I screen grabbed when I got her, so I luckily know the exact date, haha. It was April last year. She was my second Descend after Hera. Looking at what I had chronologically, I either did it with a very barebones Kirin team or a L. Meta team. Not sure about that.

Thats quite the power creep for one year :eek: Hera already was part of Normal Dungeons by then so i dont know if i did her before attempting Valk. But probably not if i hat to beat KotG before.

Nohar

Evolved my Pandora into "Goddess of the Bleak Night, Pandora". However, same deal as Durga: I need a Dub-mythlit for her ultimate evolution. Since I don't use her at all (for now, anyway, I need decent subs), she will stay on the bench a little longer. But I'm confident I'll be able to finally ult-evo a few interesting members of my team.
I'll still need a gajillion of TAMADRAs though D:

Rixa

I was curious and tried 2nd fight "Chivalrous Thief" in Challenge. Got nicely to boss fight and then it was just downhill fast and boss one shotted me. Maybe later in the future :p

Top Bottom