• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Boosted my Ame no Uzume from level 30 to 90 thanks to my Snow Globe Rouge Dragon. I'm using Durga more often, but she has her uses (and, well, I have more adequate subs for her than for Durga right now).

I'll seriously need TAMADRAs though... Urg.

Sounds like you've got a decent enough team to maybe run Tamadra retreat. That dungeon should hit sooner rather than later, so maybe save a few stones and run that a whole bunch once it pops up. What's your current stamina at?

Nohar

Sounds like you've got a decent enough team to maybe run Tamadra retreat. That dungeon should hit sooner rather than later, so maybe save a few stones and run that a whole bunch once it pops up. What's your current stamina at?

Rank 92, 62 Stamina. Probably a little low?

Thanks for the advice, everyone =)

Re-roll now and see if you get lucky. :)

Even if you get a B tier starting roll, play the game for a week and see if it's something you like. Then save up stones until next weekend and blow them all on godfest rolls. If you don't end up with anything great but you like the game, re-roll during godfest for a great starting roll.

I did roll once already, I got Jester Wizard, Chester which I think is probably rubbish. The tutorial was enough to convince me I'd enjoy the game though (assuming I reach a point where I can understand what you're all talking about anyway :lol)

To be honest, the music that plays when you win a fight is enough to convince me I'd enjoy it. So bloody good.

I ditched Jester Wizard, Chester already, but yeah that's a good tip about just playing normally anyway with a crap roll and restarting later. I was just going to keep re-rolling if I felt the urge between now and GodFest.

LuffyZoro

Rolled once and got Arcline. Not the armored knight I was looking for (Delgado for my balanced Verdandi team) but not a horrible pull if I can build up a healer team. (Edit: I see Valk is coming up, maybe can grab her and Echidna to get this started!)

If I can rack up some more stones I might roll another time or two to see if I can get a colored valk.

In other news, my fiancee broke her phone screen and it was cheaper for us to get a new phone, so we're trying to recover her account. No record of her ID or secret code unfortunately. Anyone successfully get Gungho to recover without those two items? She's my BFF too so it would hurt to lose that account. :/

While I have gotten my account recovered by GungHo without any data migration or secret code (through this form), that might not be possible if she switched platforms. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Jagernaut

Is there any good place to get a Phoenix other than Zeus Vulcan? It's the last piece I need to make Awoken Shiva. I haven't had one drop yet from Zeus Vulcan.

Rixa

Heh, I think this was my 3rd try in "Legendary Dragon's Footprints" -> Absolute Zero, where I get to like 3 battle and die there thanks to not getting green mana. Game really knows that I have mostly green team so it drops every other colour than main colour.

Also that targeting is so stupid if you dont remember to click what target to attack.

-> Make an attack that goes to 2 targets of 4 all of being same colour.
--> After the attack one of those 2 targets has about 2% health left and 1 turn.
---> Next attack, game decides lets target to 3rd unit that has 2 turns to attack and full health.
----> The 2% hp left fucker attacks me and takes good chunk of HP.

Bye bye 30 STA.

^^
Ok I got 2k needed to rank increase so I took the risk, I had 35 STA to use.
Fuck that autotargeting system sucks.

On the positive side, I pulled Blue Dragon Fruit from EVO Carnival. Too bad its going to take inventory space, since I dont have use for it.

Jagernaut

I've thought for a while that the game needs multiple target select for enemies. You should be able to choose the order of attack, attack 1, then 2, then 3.

I guess I am bad as can be.
Played up until my characters were around lv.15-something and then it felt like it got too hard and I started dying.

It was funny in the beginning, but in the end it felt like buying stones was the only way to continue. Uninstalled.
But this is a good and informative OT anyway!
Unfortunate, I'm over 900 days played without spending any money on the game so far. The game gets brutal very quickly if you don't have a strong leader and no good friends to back you up.

Thanks for the advice, everyone =)

I did roll once already, I got Jester Wizard, Chester which I think is probably rubbish. The tutorial was enough to convince me I'd enjoy the game though (assuming I reach a point where I can understand what you're all talking about anyway :lol)

To be honest, the music that plays when you win a fight is enough to convince me I'd enjoy it. So bloody good.

I ditched Jester Wizard, Chester already, but yeah that's a good tip about just playing normally anyway with a crap roll and restarting later. I was just going to keep re-rolling if I felt the urge between now and GodFest.
Since we're days away from the next godfest what many recommend is to keep the next monster with a passable leader skill (2x ATK or more) and just play through the game. The beginning is easy enough, and you'll have enough stones to make many rolls on the egg machine when the Godfest begins. If you get a recommended roll then great, if not then you can reroll then. With a good monster and the experience you get from playing you can catch up in like, a day or two.

Nohar

We don't know yet when they will remove silver eggs from the Egg Machine I guess? I think I'm going to keep my magic stones until it is done.

hermit7

Is there any good place to get a Phoenix other than Zeus Vulcan? It's the last piece I need to make Awoken Shiva. I haven't had one drop yet from Zeus Vulcan.

I rolled one from pal. Definitely not reliable though.

Honestly I had one just sitting there for like a year doing nothing before shiva came around.

Jagernaut

I rolled one from pal. Definitely not reliable though.

Honestly I had one just sitting there for like a year doing nothing before shiva came around.

I had a few a long time ago but fed them to Horus for skillups. A waste since Awoken Horus's skill changed. There are no mythical beast invades in SkyDragons normal dungeons right?

Negator

I think it's amazing that I'm looking at these Descended challenges on PADX and thinking to myself, 'Yeah, I can totally clear this dungeon!'

Actually doing it though? We'll see. From what I saw, everything but Legend Plus looks doable.

Kyuur

If she's your BF then you should be able to see her friend code from your friend list.

This blew my mind, I had no idea. Thanks, this should help!

Things that will improve your chance of success without a secret code:
1. you are over rank 100
2. you have bought stones

The process might be rough especially if you don't have much information about when dungeons were cleared (and since you lost the data on the phone that could be hard). Ask Quantum about account recovery horror stories

Unfortunately neither of those. She is over rank 50 which is their 'official' guideline by the look of it.

While I have gotten my account recovered by GungHo without any data migration or secret code (through this form), that might not be possible if she switched platforms. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Weird thing, we used this but then were directed via email to use the generic support one instead. Maybe can try again now that I know where to find her friend code.

Thanks for the help guys!

Nohar

Vampire is a very rare monster of the Castle of Satan? I'm trying to get one for my Durga team, but he never showed so far (unless you're counting the boss of the last stage; does that one can even drop?).

Kyu

Neo Member
Vampire is a very rare monster of the Castle of Satan? I'm trying to get one for my Durga team, but he never showed so far (unless you're counting the boss of the last stage; does that one can even drop?).

Try two heroes (currently in the challenge descended) or you could wait for lightless devils' nest. Way better drop rate

J0dy77

For all the JP players, What's your opinion on the new 7x6 board playstyle?

To me it feels like the game has jumped the shark a bit. With the standard 6x5 it is very balanced and about solving the entire board as much as possible. With this new 7x6 it feels like goal is to stack as much time extend as possible, move as fast as possible and watch crazy skyfall take over damage. I just completed Challenge 6 and had some ridiculous 15x combos to clear the last couple rounds. Was just dumb luck.

Rixa

Try two heroes (currently in the challenge descended) or you could wait for lightless devils' nest. Way better drop rate

I still remember when some of us had to stone to beat that dungeon.

Phew, tough call but managed to clear it. Went in blind and didnt know what to expect, I havent done Two Friends normal dungeon. Friend Bastet was good choice.

Screenshot_2015-07-27-22-20-20.png

Jonsoncao

Banned
For all the JP players, What's your opinion on the new 7x6 board playstyle?

To me it feels like the game has jumped the shark a bit. With the standard 6x5 it is very balanced and about solving the entire board as much as possible. With this new 7x6 it feels like goal is to stack as much time extend as possible, move as fast as possible and watch crazy skyfall take over damage. I just completed Challenge 6 and had some ridiculous 15x combos to clear the last couple rounds. Was just dumb luck.

Yeah...similar feeling. Challenge 6 was never so easy. I used the help from smbu's Vegito and completed Challenge 7 as well. Even with hearts, the skyfalls are pretty crazy.

The only problem I have is the lack of orb macro managing. With a 6 by 5 board, I can roughly visualize the solved board by dividing the board into four corner area and center region. However with a 7 by 6 board, I often ended up with pushing some certain color orb into a blob.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yesss....beat Wadatsumi for the first time. This was a fun stage, played it super save though. Without all Awakenings you feel naked, at least you can stall/fail a bit on the first stage and get used again to the time and reduced dmg - Liu Bei benched heh.
Echidna is essential for this one. She rarely gets used nowadays but these some Descs are a reminder of how important she can be. Then again for the first time i realized how pathetic her HP are compare to other units, good that i teamed up with Verdandi. Was gonna go Double A.Bastet first but then decided to play it a bit safer on the first try.

Two Blackpys get - Awoken Hades approves. I got all essential Piis i needed (Dark/Green) from the Challenge now...getting Light and one Fire the next days would be cool too.

Phew, tough call but managed to clear it. Went in blind and didnt know what to expect, I havent done Two Friends normal dungeon. Friend Bastet was good choice.

Congrats !!
Can you use Siegfried on your water team ? 5 turn orb changer is nice...Poring Tower has to come back to easy max skill him though.

How far along are you in the Normal Dungeons ? Did you get a stone for Clearing Two Heroes ?
This blew my mind, I had no idea. Thanks, this should help!

Unfortunately neither of those. She is over rank 50 which is their 'official' guideline by the look of it.

Weird thing, we used this but then were directed via email to use the generic support one instead. Maybe can try again now that I know where to find her friend code.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sucks to hear, hope your GF gets her account back soon.

scottnak

Yesss....beat Wadatsumi for the first time. This was a fun stage, played it super save though. Without all Awakenings you feel naked, at least you can stall/fail a bit on the first stage and get used again to the time and reduced dmg - Liu Bei benched heh.
Echidna is essential for this one. She rarely gets used nowadays but these some Descs are a reminder of how important she can be. Then again for the first time i realized how pathetic her HP are compare to other units, good that i teamed up with Verdandi. Was gonna go Double A.Bastet first but then decided to play it a bit safer on the first try.

Dang, I use her alll the time to save my poor butt :p
Still not sure how to get my Verdandi party up and running... but I finally got the mats to do an ult evo on Ceres, so I think that should help...

cw_sasuke

Dang, I use her alll the time to save my poor butt :p
Still not sure how to get my Verdandi party up and running... but I finally got the mats to do an ult evo on Ceres, so I think that should help...

Yeah....im mostly running wood based teams nowadays so i stick to green subs and for everything else i use Sun Quan if possible. Still she is great when max skilled - hope everyone who is skilling her up gets it done while the event is still running.

You mean Awoken Ceres ? She is great...wish i had her.

Quantum

I guess I am bad as can be.
Played up until my characters were around lv.15-something and then it felt like it got too hard and I started dying.

It was funny in the beginning, but in the end it felt like buying stones was the only way to continue. Uninstalled.
But this is a good and informative OT anyway!

I'm the first to complain about the disparity between the different versions of the game, but I think you did not give the game enough time. you do not need to buy stones to get a good 100-200 *hours* of play out of the game for free.

while I became a heavy spender for a few months I played for 370 days before spending a penny, and it has been many months since I've spent a dime.

(granted I did spend a lot in my second year of play)

Negator

I feel like people don't understand what kind of game Puzzle and Dragons is sometimes.

This game isn't pay to win, it's grind to win. It's also gitgud to win as well.

In other news, I took the two stones I got clearing the new Sapphire dungeons to refresh my stamina to get more Sapphire Dragon runs in. Took my U&Y from 66 to 92. Was super tempted to stone more to get the levels up but I figure it's fine for now.

cw_sasuke

Yeah thats def a weird approach. "Everything was fine and then i started dying and stopped"....erm well...did you at least figure out why you were dying ? The game is quite deep, even at the beginning there are many things to overlook which can slow down progress.

But then Progress needs time as well...cant expect to run through the game without making mistakes first and adapting.

I suppose if you don't bother rerolling your first roll, you actually can hit a pay2win progress gap fairly early on. Though then you can always just wait for godfest and hope for a decent roll with the free/earned stones.

J0dy77

Yeah...similar feeling. Challenge 6 was never so easy. I used the help from smbu's Vegito and completed Challenge 7 as well. Even with hearts, the skyfalls are pretty crazy.

The only problem I have is the lack of orb macro managing. With a 6 by 5 board, I can roughly visualize the solved board by dividing the board into four corner area and center region. However with a 7 by 6 board, I often ended up with pushing some certain color orb into a blob.

Completely agree. There was something about solving the entire 5x6 which was extremely difficult yet fair and possible for the highest level players. Now it's just about speed.

I suppose if you don't bother rerolling your first roll, you actually can hit a pay2win progress gap fairly early on. Though then you can always just wait for godfest and hope for a decent roll with the free/earned stones.
I'm doing okay on my no-REM account, but that's entirely due to the existence of the BFF system. It really hammers home how important a good stable of friends is to succeeding in the game.

I'm doing okay on my no-REM account, but that's entirely due to the existence of the BFF system. It really hammers home how important a good stable of friends is to succeeding in the game.

A no-REM account can absolutely succeed. But I assume no-REM is not the same as a not rerolling account. And if your first roll is something like Valkyrie, you are going to hit a wall.

scottnak

Yeah....im mostly running wood based teams nowadays so i stick to green subs and for everything else i use Sun Quan if possible. Still she is great when max skilled - hope everyone who is skilling her up gets it done while the event is still running.

You mean Awoken Ceres ? She is great...wish i had her.
I was pretty fortunate in getting her max skilled veeerrry early. Has paid off very nicely.
(Speaking of skill ups, I managed to get LKali up with two separate single Angelits. For how rare they are, it sure is paying off nicely.)

Managed to get the Green Zeus & Hera back-to-back. Was pretty pumped! LKali doin' her thang to help me out. :)

Jagernaut

Awoken Bastet is awesome. I made a completely skill bind resistant team and destroyed Hera Beorc in the challenge descend. I actually hadn't beat mythical before because I didn't have enough skill bind resist characters back then and forgot about it. I used Lui Bei's skill, made a 7 combo with 1 green tpa and 2 sets of 3 greens and killed her in 1 hit. Never even used Verdandi.

I used the woodpys from Hera Beorc and Beelzebub on Awoken Parvati. When I max skill Parvati I'll work on Bastet next.

Negator

8 more ranks until I can add Blodin to my team! So excited! Another 20 more ranks and hopefully I will be able to farm the mask dungeon to Evo my U&Ys!

Rixa

Congrats !!
Can you use Siegfried on your water team ? 5 turn orb changer is nice...Poring Tower has to come back to easy max skill him though.

How far along are you in the Normal Dungeons ? Did you get a stone for Clearing Two Heroes ?

Thank you.

On normal dungeons, Iam at Vesta Cave, 3 first stages cleared. I did get stone for that Two Towers Challenge. Here are my Blue units, as usual need evo mats and levels etc :). I need to run Keeper of Blue today for mats.

My box is full (mostly evo mats & low end evo mats and I can clear some space there). Plan is to get to 45 Stones and use rest of Stones (from event & Team challenge clears) to buy more storage space. Cause when GodFest comes I make 9 pulls.

Depending what GFest offers, shall I evo Fenrir or Berserk first?

Nohar

I need so many dub-mythlit and Mystic Masks and TAMADRAS... It's annoying. I think I'll just farm the daily dungeons until I get everything I need for a few weeks. Still can't complete Legend/Mythical rooms though, way too risky most of the time. Any advices?

Managed to get CrystalSkull (it was a lucky run in his dungeon). He seems pretty lackluster though. He is a tank-kind of character?

linsivvi

I need so many dub-mythlit and Mystic Masks and TAMADRAS... It's annoying. I think I'll just farm the daily dungeons until I get everything I need for a few weeks. Still can't complete Legend/Mythical rooms though, way too risky most of the time. Any advices?

Managed to get CrystalSkull (it was a lucky run in his dungeon). He seems pretty lackluster though. He is a tank-kind of character?

You are still at very low rank right? Just run Oceans of Heaven continuously during this weekend. You will get more mystic masks than you want along with tons of +eggs and you should get many rank ups with little waiting time.

If you are already at Starlight Sanctuary then that's even better. You will get dub-mythlits and guaranteed continuous rank up.

Nohar

You are still at very low rank right? Just run Oceans of Heaven continuously during this weekend. You will get more mystic masks than you want along with tons of +eggs and you should get many rank ups with little waiting time.

If you are already at Starlight Sanctuary then that's even better. You will get dub-mythlits and guaranteed continuous rank up.

I'm currently at Rhea-Themis Temple (King of Dragons). I guess I'm even more behind that you thought *nervous laugh*. I'm still trying to get useful friends and subs for my Durga and Ame no Uzume teams (note: I'm using an European version).

cw_sasuke

Kaguya Mythcial beaten - based Bestcat.

Actually Kaguya seems like a very solid sub for Bastet/green teams - especially for All Attribute dungeons, now that i sacrifices GL/ Meimei for her Awoken version i need a good G/L sub. Every Kaguya awakening is useful and she needs less exp than Zhao Yun.
Thank you.

On normal dungeons, Iam at Vesta Cave, 3 first stages cleared. I did get stone for that Two Towers Challenge. Here are my Blue units, as usual need evo mats and levels etc :). I need to run Keeper of Blue today for mats.

My box is full (mostly evo mats & low end evo mats and I can clear some space there). Plan is to get to 45 Stones and use rest of Stones (from event & Team challenge clears) to buy more storage space. Cause when GodFest comes I make 9 pulls.

Depending what GFest offers, shall I evo Fenrir or Berserk first?

This sounds very good - hope you get a couple good subs for you main teams during the GF. 9 pulls should do the trick with a bit luck.

I would invest in Berserk/Siegfried - he will be more useful down the line Water/Physical teams and you can skill him up easy once Poring Tower hits.

Rixa

Kaguya Mythcial beaten - based Bestcat.

This sounds very good - hope you get a couple good subs for you main teams during the GF. 9 pulls should do the trick with a bit luck.

I would invest in Berserk/Siegfried - he will be more useful down the line Water/Physical teams and you can skill him up easy once Poring Tower hits.

^^ Congratz, Ill be there at some day.

Cause Iam not looking anything special from Godfest (just good pulls ofc :D). I should load my pulls for the 1st day of the GFest?

Edit: Actually there is one unit I would like to have :)
-> Odin, just for helping to farm stuff from weekly dungeons. So I dont need to rely other friends so much. But Iam not sad if (when) I wont get him.

Top Bottom