• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

Was able to complete my first rush today. Took in shiva with urd/hino/caocao/chiyome and pulled it off luckily. This team is going to be really good I think. I subbed out a second urd for the lower cool down on chiyome and I think it was a good call. If only I had a red Valk.

On to God rush and devil rush.

agreed, I think shiva is my main lead from now own

- damage is excellent
- easily out damages dual urds even with 4 combos.
- haven't found RCV to be an issue although using a hypermaxed urd
- have a bunch of subs I've already worked on for urd

still trying to figure out what I should continue to pump eggs into (I figure I'll +297 shiva with OOH this weekend (at 191 now)).

I think I'll + egg hino next as I've been using either urd or shiva for everything now.

- have a max skilled chibi chiyome
- have a max skilled R. Valk
- unskilled uevo r/g Cao Cao

I think I have a few options depending on what I'm doing.

still trying to design a good predictable coin dungeon team to eventually farm flampys (a.shiva skill 2, hino skill 2).

seems like A.Shiva/Urd makes a great team for farming alts.

razterik

agreed, I think shiva is my main lead from now own

- damage is excellent
- easily out damages dual urds even with 4 combos.
- haven't found RCV to be an issue although using a hypermaxed urd
- have a bunch of subs I've already worked on for urd

still trying to figure out what I should continue to pump eggs into (I figure I'll +297 shiva with OOH this weekend (at 191 now)).

I think I'll + egg hino next as I've been using either urd or shiva for everything now.

- have a max skilled chibi chiyome
- have a max skilled R. Valk
- unskilled uevo r/g Cao Cao

I think I have a few options depending on what I'm doing.

still trying to design a good predictable coin dungeon team to eventually farm flampys (a.shiva skill 2, hino skill 2).

seems like A.Shiva/Urd makes a great team for farming alts.

Cao Cao and Urd are best subs. Other two slots are flex, but I recommend something like Yamato to bring skill boosts, unbinding and complete skill lock resist.

Dark Izanami is a good sub for shield if you need one and don't have another option.

Dungeons with drop bonus in general. On weekdays it'll be some T6 dungeon. On weekends, depending on your needs:
- If you're a whale, either legendary or sky dragons I forgot which for best +egg/min
- Otherwise if you want pure +egg/stamina OOH
- Most people do KOG though cause it also happens to give fantastic rank and fodder exp

Can't decide if I should spend my stamina on 3x normals or pii farming. How often can we expect 3x normals to come around?

Also, what ever happened to the Batman collab revival? Weren't we supposed to get some new ultimates?

Negator

Did anyone entertain the extremely awful idea of rolling for Valks? Im sure it will end when the godfest starts lolollsjrhejhdkwhddjnekwhwvrjjd

yami4ct

Did anyone entertain the extremely awful idea of rolling for Valks? Im sure it will end when the godfest starts lolollsjrhejhdkwhddjnekwhwvrjjd

The fact I didn't roll very much on the Pink Sticker REM ver 2 will always haunt me. No chance it's coming back at this point I'd suppose, or if it did it'd be way worse. Glad I got my R. Valk, but I'd kill for a Blue or Green. Sure the Valks weren't great at the time, but seeing as they were non-god REM monsters I should've known.

EDIT:

New monsters look good. L/W Apollo is sexy. That extra TPA will make him an even better Kirin sub and the rows should make him an OK Wukong one. If Awoken Kirin turns out well, I foresee him being quite desirable. Also glad to see a new pantheon. Yukimura looks like a great red attacker sub, assuming he gets TPAs. Will have to take a closer look at the others to really get a sense. New Awokens are hard to judge, but their art is great. Boy is Susano expensive, though. Ult Tengu and Goemon? He better be worth while.

razterik

Not worth it, especially when other carnival rolls are bad. Valks are high rarity and don't come often.

w5gW4k6l.jpg
Eat your heart out, Star Vault. Haven't had more than two runs without a plus drop and pretty much one per run. Up 60 eggs so far.

Queen's Banquet cleared! Kept messing up on Beorc and finally just used a delay to get by her. Skyfalls kept knocking me into her Jupiter Genesis zone. Once I got by her the only problem was making sure I'd be able to use Yuna's skill when I took out Sowilo. Then 2 shots to take out Hera.

After I cleared the Hera dungeons I was missing in the challenge (Sowilo, Beorc, Urz) to get the stone for clearing all of the Hera Challenge.

Now I can focus on 3x normal dungeon drops and the Challenge Dungeon, yay for piis coming back!

When/where was the Dragonball event?

yami4ct

Not worth it, especially when other carnival rolls are bad. Valks are high rarity and don't come often.

Eat your heart out, Star Vault. Haven't had more than two runs without a plus drop and pretty much one per run. Up 60 eggs so far.

I'm trying to find out which of my teams is most stable for KOG.

Pro-tip, Awoken Ra is not great for that dungeon. Too many floors. I'm sure with max levels and +eggs it'll work, but at my meager setup right now getting to Zeus with skills up to burst his health in one go doesn't work out.

Negator

I've been running Chaos Dragon of Ruins, 7 drops for 17 stamina is better than 5 drops for 14 stamina if I am not mistaken?

razterik

I've been running Chaos Dragon of Ruins, 7 drops for 17 stamina is better than 5 drops for 14 stamina if I am not mistaken?

That is better. But I am speed running Challenge mode with max skill Goemon and five Rodins. Can run the second floor in less than a minute, so it's faster but slightly worse stamina per egg.

mike23

Skilling Cao Cao is a nightmare. I just spent 10 stones on stamina + 2 or 3 rank ups on running Flame Dragon Knight Legend. All for 4 skill ups.

My current Shiva team. Everything is max skilled except Hino. It is 1 away from max.

coy

Skilling Cao Cao is a nightmare. I just spent 10 stones on stamina + 2 or 3 rank ups on running Flame Dragon Knight Legend. All for 4 skill ups.

My current Shiva team. Everything is max skilled except Hino. It is 1 away from max.
I'm doing the same for Liu Bei. I have 14 Winron after spending 5 stones + 2 rankups across 2 days and am thinking of banking them til 2.5x chance. But I kinda wanna try now so I know for sure that I can max skill him while the dungeon is here.

I swear I saw maybe 5 Shivas at most at any one time before last week. Now they're populating my FL as much as anyone. I wish I had as many Paravtis at will.

mike23

I'm doing the same for Liu Bei. I have 14 Winron after spending 5 stones + 2 rankups across 2 days and am thinking of banking them til 2.5x chance. But I kinda wanna try now so I know for sure that I can max skill him while the dungeon is here.

I swear I saw maybe 5 Shivas at most at any one time before last week. Now they're populating my FL as much as anyone. I wish I had as many Paravtis at will.

My 3 Liu Bei make me weep.

Nohar

So, I've decided to try Durga with a Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao friend...

I've been playing bad this entire time. This is pure magic. x20.00 multiplier. Bosses dropping like flies. I finally feel like I'm actually making progress. Sure, I'm a glass canon (if I make one wrong move and/or if I don't get the orbs I need, I'm done for), but this is absolutly fantastic.
Time to seriously build a team around her. I'm looking for DaQiao & Xiao Qiao and Durga friends btw!
Ame No Uzume may be interesting, but until I manage to get her ultimate evolution, I'm afraid I won't use her that much anymore.

smbu2000

Well I've been continuing to pull on both of mine when I get stones and while I've still been getting silvers on my iPad, I managed to pull another Gold on my iPhone.

Netero: He seems okay, but I was definitely hoping for Gon or Killua.
His skill halves the enemies defense for 1 turn and reduces everybody else's cooldown by 1 turn (11 turns, max at 7 turns). His leader skill is good for balance types, but I think most of my balance characters are Wood and not light/water like him.

I think I'll definitely use Kite more than him. I've gotten him almost max levelled, once I get the last 3 tamadras I need for him (he has 9 total!) then he will be max levelled. I've given him 2 badpys as well, so I just need 2 more to max skill him.

When/where was the Dragonball event?
The collab. has come around about 4 times now on the JP game. I'm pretty sure it's JP only at the moment. On my iPhone I currently have Goku (Vegito), Trunks and Vegeta x2. On my other account (iPad) I have Cell, Gotenks and Uub. Only missing Gohan out of the Gold eggs.

My 3 Liu Bei make me weep.
It's not too bad. At least you don't have to to evolve his skill up mats. I was able to max skill my 3 Liu Beis from the survey dungeon.

hermit7

So, I've decided to try Durga with a Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao friend...

I've been playing bad this entire time. This is pure magic. x20.00 multiplier. Bosses dropping like flies. I finally feel like I'm actually making progress. Sure, I'm a glass canon (if I make one wrong move and/or if I don't get the orbs I need, I'm done for), but this is absolutly fantastic.
Time to seriously build a team around her. I'm looking for DaQiao & Xiao Qiao and Durga friends btw!

Why not durga/durga? Then you don't need any light orbs and can focus on everything else. With her new uevo she gets 5x for any four orb types aside from light.

What does your box look like?

Nohar

Why not durga/durga? Then you don't need any light orbs and can focus on everything else. With her new uevo she gets 5x for any four orb types aside from light.

What does your box look like?

Took a few pictures of my box: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

No awakening for Durga (sadly). I spent my TAMADRAS foolishly elsewhere. I need one more Dub-mythlit to ulti-evo her.

I would also love to do a Durga/Durga, but sadly I have no Durga friend (and no one so far accepted my friend invitations).

Edit: Repaired link n°4.

Jagernaut

You can even use ultimate Evo Durga in tricolor dungeons as long as light is not one of the 3 colors.

Edit. If we are not friends already add me (304848218 - Static@GAF) I have a max skilled ultimate Durga.

Nohar

You can even use ultimate Evo Durga in tricolor dungeons as long as light is not one of the 3 colors.

Edit. If we are not friends already add me (304848218 - Static@GAF) I have a max skilled ultimate Durga.

I tried to add you but I'm getting an error message "User not registered".
My ID is 771.245.263 btw.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Dragon knight series are gonna be in Tech dungeon anytime soon (after this rotation maybe)...

jay23

I'm loving awoken Shiva's power, I would trade verdandi for urd right now if I could. Feels like all my teams are 1-2 sub's away from being optimal.

Still have some trouble getting 6 combos consistently, need to get better at organizing the board.

Ducarmel

I'm loving awoken Shiva's power, I would trade verdandi for urd right now if I could. Feels like all my teams are 1-2 sub's away from being optimal.

This is my whole life in PaD I have a handful of great leads one or two sub away from making the perfect team.

I'm missing Cao Cao or Hino. I do have 2 Urds, and Mini Chiyome, using Fire Swordsman for the last spot.

I just need a damn Thurgia to join the Awoken Shiva army.

When I awaken my Bastet it will be mostly rem poverty subs.

yami4ct

This is my whole life in PaD I have a handful of great leads one or two sub away from making the perfect team.

I think this is most non to mid-IAP PAD life. Unless you're really lucky or a whale, you'll be unlikely to have a perfect REM set for a leader. I got really luck with Awoken Ra, and that was with me being a medium IAPer (around $10 a month up until like 2 months ago). I think a lot of the fun of PAD is creating clever teams with the limited set you have.

Ducarmel

Your likely right.

When we start getting 2x rate carnivals I might just sell out on one of them that matches with a set of pantheons I like during godfest. Just got to choose if I want a Bastet team of Shiva team.

yami4ct

That's a tough one. Red has always been one of the best colors in the game, but GungHo has seemed pretty serious about supporting Green (blue still getting left cold). I personally would probably bet Bastet will be good longer than Shiva, but they're both great teams and should be able to clear most (non Challenge 10 level assuming those keep getting tougher) content going forward.

This exactly what I was thinking, I don't have lmeta so this makes Apollo a better sub for my kirin team. Would verche and valk still be the best 2 other sub's?
With Apollo, I never used either Valk or Verche on the team. But with Sakuya's new ultimate and L/B Apollo you could certainly use them. I haven't really thought about what would be ideal subs for the new Sakuya team.

Top Bottom