• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
cw_sasuke gave me the motivation I needed to triumph over Dragon Rush.

That's my first Legend Plus victory. Still need to give Devil Rush a few tries. Does anyone know if Poison Resist affects skyfall?
Awesome, congrats Bestcat bro :)
I'm looking forward to you taking on Devil Rush and with which subs. It is possible but there is less room for mistakes or stalling compared to Dragon Rush.

Do you have a good unit against binds if Kraken shows up? xD

PS. I really hope we can use Sacred Masks soon to skill up GZL.
I got thru God of Judgement somehow!

I got the 2 Light Pii's i need to max skill LKali! Wooo
Cool... That was your goal. Have you applied them yet? Because your LKali isn't max skilled on my screen yet.

Nah. Worst way to die is by unexpected phone call.
Urgh yeah... That's as bad if not worse.

Nohar

So much masks. But no masks that I actually need. PAD is trolling me hard. I'm going to need to sell a few low-level masks and monsters, my box is going to explode. At least I know I can farm those daily dungeons easily now (stall enough turns, with Echidna if necessary, to get Rodin/Shiva skills up, rush to the boss, use skills, profit).

hermit7

My Shiva has failed about that much on Noah so far, keep getting her SO CLOSE to death and then bam.

I actually subbed out one of my orb changers so that I could fit Freyr and get the extra damage boost on Shiva.

Team was Shiva, Urd, Cao Cao, Hino, Freyr, Shiva friend.

Still working on Vulcan, Wadatsumi, and Devil Rush to complete the challenges.

TrickRoom

Does the term "rerolling" refer solely to restarting the very first free pull in the game? From how often I'm seeing the word used, it sounds like it would apply to things more than that.

hermit7

I have a question what are the best fire monsters for dealing with binds? Running Shiva and have max skill hind resists but when I encounter a bind it kills me. Need someone who is bind immune and also reduces binds ala ceres or amaratsu.

Sukospin

I have a question what are the best fire monsters for dealing with binds? Running Shiva and have max skill hind resists but when I encounter a bind it kills me. Need someone who is bind immune and also reduces binds ala ceres or amaratsu.

Was going to say Amenouzume but she's not bind immune.

cw_sasuke

Stats are horrible and only offer 2 round bind recovery but the Dragon Swordman series is easy to skill up.

I max skilled my Earth Dragon Knight a while ago and i will probably have to use him on Devil Rush. Need to level him first though.

So much masks. But no masks that I actually need. PAD is trolling me hard. I'm going to need to sell a few low-level masks and monsters, my box is going to explode. At least I know I can farm those daily dungeons easily now (stall enough turns, with Echidna if necessary, to get Rodin/Shiva skills up, rush to the boss, use skills, profit).

Yeah...we all been there it sucks, but once you get a couple of the standard evo materials and save them up it gets less frustrating. Try to have at least a couple of spare evo materials once you expanded your box.

I'm looking forward to you taking on Devil Rush and with which subs. It is possible but there is less room for mistakes or stalling compared to Dragon Rush.

Do you have a good unit against binds if Kraken shows up? xD

PS. I really hope we can use Sacred Masks soon to skill up GZL.
No plan :p we'll see how it goes. I could bring Wee Jas, but that's still not foolproof, and if Krake doesn't show up its a wasted slot. I need Fist of the North Star back so I can skill him up. I'm not sure he's worth the piis.

Looking forward to GZL skill ups as well. Him plus Awoken Meimei makes up the majority of the damage on my Bastet team, and having it on a short CD will be super helpful.

Man this game can be cruel....Skyfall on my first attack and he immediately blasts Absolute Zero. Played this round so well...this hurts.
I had that same thing happen to me on level 9 last event. :(

Worst part is that I had a shield active available but I never expected the skyfall.

Wohoooo True Dragon Realm cleared for the first time and got the Boss drop as well as Fagan - so good !!
Made it to the Boss with Bastet, Verdandi and Memei active ready...i knew if i fail this time i will be really pissed.

So i start with Meimei active. Board is perfect but i didnt wanna hit him too hard because i just was killed in my attempt earlier in rage mode. So i move just 1-2 orbs to not get a too high multi or TPAs...and...and.... fail to even active (dont ask me how on this board, because ..well..i screwed up. Zero damage lol.

Still had the Verdandi active...last move, lets pray for some luck. Board is good...still pissed because i dont think it will be enough. Just go for it and Boom, OHKO.

Based Verdandi !!!
Congrats!

Does the term "rerolling" refer solely to restarting the very first free pull in the game? From how often I'm seeing the word used, it sounds like it would apply to things more than that.
Yes.

Attackerasu? Hopefully Ame's split ult will make her bind immune.

tr4656

Yeah, although if you are trying to start with a specific collab gold, and restarting for a second pull, it is also rerolling.

How do people with a dark component on their team deal with Raphael on Sandalphon
For me, DKali is the only Dark monster on my Ra team. I just put her in slot 2 so that she deals her damage second, then the other 10 hits from my team come after for full damage. Basically negates Raph's healing and I 1-shot him. Because of the order of damage, it's better to have your Dark element as far left on the team as possible, and better to have a main Dark element than a sub-element due to order of hits also, because sub-elements hit after the main ones. Worst case scenario is having a friend like A.Horus with a Dark sub element, because as long as you deal Dark damage, that last hit will allow Raph to survive. Though you can still get around that by making non-Dark attacks.

scottnak

Cool... That was your goal. Have you applied them yet? Because your LKali isn't max skilled on my screen yet.

After I posted that I started debating... whether it was worth it to stock the 1 last pii or to do the grind for the last angelit... haha.

coy

PAD NA said:
11779948_1110823478946243_7831835691413458250_o.jpg
11802620_1110823535612904_4716682916844567112_o.jpg

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 7/31 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 8/1 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Gods have awoken! Day One of the Godfest brings the return of Indian Series 2 and Five Elements Gods, while Day Two includes the Hero and Greco-Roman Series 2 Gods.
For Day 1 of this Godfest, Guan Yu is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Metatron is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 7/31 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Indian Series 2 -
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga
- Five Elements Series -
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Sakuya, Kirin
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

DAY 2 : 8/1 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Hero Gods -
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora
- Greco-Roman Series 2 -
567 Ares
569 Hermes
571 Artemis
573 Apollo
575 Persephone

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh

I'd love Vishnu but will probably only roll day 2 for them Heroes.

hermit7

Thanks for all your help guys on that. The only monster that I could find in addition to those suggestions is Rozuel. Who is ideal for the orb change, bind immunity and heart making active.

I guess I could level her up and use her in those situations where binds are around.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1827 is her card page. Those awakenings are not very helpful though otherwise and I would probably have to give up 100% skill lock resist (remove Urd). But those may be more niche uses anyways so the main team would remain consistent.

Looking at the Godfest and I think I am going to pass. Already have a majority of those cards from all the pantheons and don't expect to roll until the new Korean ones come out.

jay23

I don't have any heroes so I could use up all my stones on day 2..but I don't wanna roll till they remove trash from rem. Guess I'll just wait for that, I have enough monsters to work on at the moment.

yami4ct

Anyone who's looking for starting rolls, Day 1 is easily the way to go. Some of the Indian 2 and most of the Chinese are gonna get you far.

As for me, not rolling as I spent all my stones for farming pluses and the red jewel I needed.

If Indian 2 and Greco-Roman 2 were on the same day I'd go ham on that, may have to sit out since I already have most of the heroes and most of the elements.

Devil Rush victory! Did not get kraken, so it was a super smooth run. Just need to clean up the lower stages and this challenge descended will be complete!

That godfest is tempting. I'll probably roll once each day.

cw_sasuke

No plan :p we'll see how it goes. I could bring Wee Jas, but that's still not foolproof, and if Krake doesn't show up its a wasted slot. I need Fist of the North Star back so I can skill him up. I'm not sure he's worth the piis.

Looking forward to GZL skill ups as well. Him plus Awoken Meimei makes up the majority of the damage on my Bastet team, and having it on a short CD will be super helpful.

Yeah thats the issue - cant really afford to drop that spot and your fire power if you need to OHKO. With Earth Dragon Knight i at least have heartbreaker with TPAs - so thats a bit more aggressive. Still a couple of day lefts to figure something out....

I had that same thing happen to me on level 9 last event. :(
Worst part is that I had a shield active available but I never expected the skyfall.

Congrats!

Thanks man.

Yeah these situations just show no matter how well your plan you move - RNG can and will screw you up in those lose or win situations. Which leader did you loose ? I feel especially with Combo leaders its sometimes difficult to measure the dmg output since you try to clear like 3/4 of the board most of the time. Skyfall is really essential here - have to get used to it coming from Verdandi and the 3 or 4 TPA and the easier to predict damage.
I'd love Vishnu but will probably only roll day 2 for them Heroes.

Hmm...i dont really need any of the pulls. Hakku and/or a 2nd Vischnu would be cool, but not essential. Yamato would be great for A. Shiva and Gadius teams down the line. But thats the only from Day 2 i could need.

Skuld or DKali are the ones i need, but i have given up hope xD

After I posted that I started debating... whether it was worth it to stock the 1 last pii or to do the grind for the last angelit... haha.

Good decision - sooner or later you will be able to farm Angelit with less issues while getting Piis is more time consuming.

Edit:

Devil Rush victory! Did not get kraken, so it was a super smooth run. Just need to clean up the lower stages and this challenge descended will be complete!

That godfest is tempting. I'll probably roll once each day.

Hah so much for figuring it out the next days - congrats man !!!
Hope i can pull through as well.

Kyuur

I don't know when I want to roll! Day 1 for Vishnu who would be GOAT on Osiris or Verdandi team, or Day 2 for Yamato for my Gadius team. Krishna or Leilan would be alright too, so maybe Day 1... Almost tempted to buy stones, but my non-IAP mode must go on!

Do you get a stone per Descended Challenge stage completed?

I don't know when I want to roll! Day 1 for Vishnu who would be GOAT on Osiris or Verdandi team, or Day 2 for Yamato for my Gadius team. Krishna or Leilan would be alright too, so maybe Day 1... Almost tempted to buy stones, but my non-IAP mode must go on!

Do you get a stone per Descended Challenge stage completed?

Nope. But I do think you get one for finishing Two Heroes since it's the only non-tech dungeon in there.

As a Durga player, which God Fest should I pull?

Just as a Durga player, Haku is the only option for day one and that's only for the prongs from awoken Haku, active is kind of dead. Persephone is the best option in day two.

As a whole for improving your box if you lack most cards in them, day one looks better overall but day two has some potential sick synergy with the new split ults from Greco-Roman 2 if you can pull the same colors from each pantheon.

Negator

I got a stone from clearing Two Heroes. Haven't gotten another one for anything else.

Agh, I really want a Leilan, Karin, Vishnu, or Meimei on Day 1, but I want all of the Hero gods aside from Sun Wukong.

From what I hear, Durga and Persephone are best buds.

hermit7

Day 2 if you want Persephone. When she gets her d/g evo in a couple months she will be great. You also get the chance at the heroes who are really good.

Aside from that there aren't really any key subs on either other day.

Outside of durga however day 1 is supreme. I think the Chinese girls are some of the absolute best subs available and are use able as leaders until the mid game at least, and the Indian gods are good as well in their role.

Nohar

Time to save stones for Day 2 then. I should be able to do 5 pulls by then. I hope I won't get anything I already have (ie. Pandora and Rodin).

The masks trolled me hard today... I hope I will be luckier with Dub-mythlit. I need a ton of those to evo my monsters, and I need a lot of them (for Ame No Uzume, Durga, Pandora, Green Sonia, Echidna, ROdin...).

On a side note: which ulti evo for Shiva? Light-Shiva, Dark-Shiva, Awoken Shiva (that last one actually nerfs his Skill by not reducing DEF to 0 anymore, hence my question)?

yami4ct

On a side note: which ulti evo for Shiva? Light-Shiva, Dark-Shiva, Awoken Shiva (that last one actually nerfs his Skill by not reducing DEF to 0 anymore, hence my question)?

Are we talking as a leader or a sub? As a leader, Awoken. No question. If you can make a team that works for him, he's one of the best leaders in the game. As a sub, F/D is better for Red Devil row teams (basically, Ronia), but those barely exist. R/B is probably situationally better on Fire squads due to the slightly better skill, but if you have a fire squad that can use him, you would probably be better just making an Awoken Shiva leader anyway.

Nohar

Are we talking as a leader or a sub? As a leader, Awoken. No question. If you can make a team that works for him, he's one of the best leaders in the game. As a sub, F/D is better for Red Devil row teams (basically, Ronia), but those barely exist. R/B is probably situationally better on Fire squads due to the slightly better skill, but if you have a fire squad that can use him, you would probably be better just making an Awoken Shiva leader anyway.

He does sound awesome as a leader, but I've nowhere near having the mats necessary for his Awoken form (I do have Phenix though, that's one less thing to farm). I think I'll just level-up him and keep him in his regular form for the time being (also, I have other monsters who need to be evolved).

Jagernaut

Sandalphon was so annoying that I only beat it once long ago, but now with Awoken Venus it was really easy. DXDQ is even the mini version. You can stall for a long time on the boss with 50% damage reduction. It's cool going back to these old dungeons with fresh teams and getting piis.

donjezzy

I was actually looking at the materials needed for awoken shiva. I had Leilan invade Luckly and was able to get my third red jewel . And with ammir descended on Friday I can get theurgia. Its actually the Phoenix that.I think itll be hard to get especially with the two red dragon fruit which I never got over the 199 days ive been playing.

On the plus note my 200 days comes up Tomorrow. Hoping for any Odin or a pandora for my nephthys team.

Jagernaut

He does sound awesome as a leader, but I've nowhere near having the mats necessary for his Awoken form (I do have Phenix though, that's one less thing to farm). I think I'll just level-up him and keep him in his regular form for the time being (also, I have other monsters who need to be evolved).

F/D Shiva is still a good leader, makes Thursday mythical really easy. I would use him in that form until you get the materials to make Awoken Shiva. I still don't have the Phoenix to awaken my Shiva.

donjezzy

Sandalphon was so annoying that I only beat it once long ago, but now with Awoken Venus it was really easy. DXDQ is even the mini version. You can stall for a long time on the boss with 50% damage reduction. It's cool going back to these old dungeons with fresh teams and getting piis.

How does this team work for u? Its pretty much one of my teams. Im js waiting for sandalphon descends since I need a few stones to beat it probably and another light jewel to get awoken Venus and will replace DXDQ for L.meta

Jagernaut

How does this team work for u? Its pretty much one of my teams. Im js waiting for sandalphon descends since I need a few stones to beat it probably and another light jewel to get awoken Venus and will replace DXDQ for L.meta

It worked very well, but everyone was max skilled except for Arcline who you don't really need until the final boss. There are a lot of light enemies that only do half damage to you. You have Echidna for emergencies like not being able to kill Raphael before his turn comes up. I didn't need to use delay on Raphael, I used orb changers and Venus for her orb enhance and mini change the world. Make sure to use Echidna before Sandalphon gets below 50% hp and then you have 4 turns to finish him off.

cw_sasuke

Based Echidna !! Devil Rush Cleared for the first time, all Challenge Dungeons cleared. I had to use 2 stones for Stamina but it was worth it - finally beaten the stage and being able to complete a whole set of challenges. Also got a stone for clearing everything so its no too bad.

Echidna was MVP, brought her along for Kraken when he didnt show up i had her active on Satan which allowed me to stall my Verdandi active back up, which i had to use on Fat Metal King. Glad i dint get orb trolled and was able to OHKO...even though i still had Liu Beis active as a Backup...but it would have been more difficult.

I can chill again - back to basics.

Jagernaut

How important was Mei Mei to the team? I would have to use 1 of these to replace her:

Awoken Parvati
Leeza
Cu Chulain
Marine Rider
Sasuke
Vishnu

cw_sasuke

How important was Mei Mei to the team? I would have to use 1 of these to replace her:

Awoken Parvati
Leeza
Cu Chulain
Marine Rider
Sasuke
Vishnu
I think she can be replaced by every green TPA damage dealer. Just make sure that Verdandi is up again for Beelz if you had to use her before.

Stage one clear after stalling a turn and only using Bastets active. Stage 2 depending on who shows up(fat metal king) you might already have to use Verdandi so she'll be back up for the boss. Use Liu Beis active on Mephisto if needed. I was able to stall like 3 turns here because he only binds Verdandi and go for the kill once he start his countdown.

On Satan use Echidna before he puts his sield up and kill him in 4 turns and better have Verdandi up for Beelz xD Should work out fine.

The missing Memei skill ups might make it more difficult though. I had to use her active on Satan for the kill and the +1 boost was needed to have Verdandi ready.

Thinking about it with Max skilled Vishnu or Sasuke it might be even easier since you can use them twice and early without having to sacrifice Verdandi.

Could use Sasuke on floor 2, Liu Bei on floor 3, Sasuke with Bastet to clear floor 4 and Verdandi for Beelz.

cw_sasuke

With Sasuke I have less than 18k hp. Your team must have a lot of pluses and mine doesn't. Not sure that's enough.
I don't think that should be an issue. You will die from all the heavy hits anyway 18k or 22k doesn't change the fact. When clearing the board you heal all the time while attacking.

Just give it a shot, might work out better than expected. atlantaguy did it as well with a bit less hp.

I don't think that should be an issue. You will die from all the heavy hits anyway 18k or 22k doesn't change the fact. When clearing the board you heal all the time while attacking.

Just give it a shot, might work out better than expected. atlantaguy did it as well with a bit less hp.
This logic is exactly why I'm hesitating to hypermax Bastet. I'll probably finish off Verdandi since she's a sub and a leader, but it kind of doesn't feel worth it on Bastet.

Jagernaut

I'll give it a shot. I used a Tamadra to get Sasuke's 4th awakening so the team will be immune to poison orb changes.

Top Bottom