• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

JP having yet another Shinra Bansho (and Kapybara...) collab.

CLIShEiUwAEUcQU.png

CLIQ-VEUwAAbndF.png

Baranshiel Another
AS: Spawn 3 random light and dark orbs. 1cd haste
LS: when erasing 5+ linked light or dark orbs, increase attack (up to 3.5x). god and devil type RCV increase slightly

Asmodeus busty now also gives RCV boost to devils. Might main her now tbh

there's other 4* garbage I don't feel like linking

Shame the Heroes are paired with Greek2. Need Yamato but already have most of the Greek2s (+2 Persephone dupes). Might give day 1 a few rolls since I want a dupe Meimei and a Durga would be sweet.

Yeah these situations just show no matter how well your plan you move - RNG can and will screw you up in those lose or win situations. Which leader did you loose ? I feel especially with Combo leaders its sometimes difficult to measure the dmg output since you try to clear like 3/4 of the board most of the time. Skyfall is really essential here - have to get used to it coming from Verdandi and the 3 or 4 TPA and the easier to predict damage.
I was running LKali and I think I was saving my shield for the 15k bind attack because I wasn't at full health. Was planning to clear out trash orbs, eat the 99% grav, then heal + shield on turn two to survive the hit and delay the following turn.

Of course, the skyfall turned into a 36x activation and put him into rage mode. :/

TrickRoom

Per recommendation, I guess I'll be spending all my stones on Friday. Seeing as I've been more than pleased with what's supposed to be a shitty pull, I have to wonder what playing with a good one's going to be like...

Per recommendation, I guess I'll be spending all my stones on Friday. Seeing as I've been more than pleased with what's supposed to be a shitty pull, I have to wonder what playing with a good one's going to be like...
The damage output between a good lead and Alarune will be like night and day. If you don't get something good with your accumulated stones and happen to re-roll for a good lead, you'll probably get back to where you left off very quickly.

yami4ct

From GungHo IR report. They're going to be attempting to increase marketing in NA later this year it seems. TV commercial and more ad penetration.
http://www.gungho.co.jp/english/ir/uploads/irs20150729e_4.pdf

Good. PAD has a chance at immense success here in the US. You probably won't see the same IAP per user as Japan, but they should be able to make up for it with sheer population. Quite a few worse mobile games have done really well here already and PAD is quite easy to learn, so it's not like a difficulty curve is going to scare more people off.

Hopefully that leads GungHo to take the US market more seriously and give the US branch more localization resource to speed things up and more rewards to retain players as well.

Hmm interesting upgrade to Asmodeus. Not sure it'll really affect me though. I dont know if I have the right subs for her.

Edit: trying to decide if its worth skilling Shotel as a Bastet sub.

Negator

I might just buy a ton of stones in celebration of my new job next month! But I'm just using this as an excuse to justify being a big fat baby whale.

Rixa

Now that GodFest pull list is shown. Did I get it right that I should use my gems (50) on first day? My leaders at the moment are Verdandi & Nut.

Now that GodFest pull list is shown. Did I get it right that I should use my gems (50) on first day? My leaders at the moment are Verdandi & Nut.

Day one looks like it has more hits for you if you are using Nut and Verdandi. Meimei and Vishnu are killers with their recent uvos. Nut wants prongs, Karin doesn't have them in her awoken form, just rows, you can still field her as a board changer on Nut or lead with her instead.

Day two has some promise depending on how the rest of the new uvos for the greco-roman 2's but I suspect the rest of them will be given more damage awakenings to fit them on more teams archetypes. Risky to bet on that since Artemis and Hermes haven't been shown yet.

The heroes are a fairly big miss for you at this moment, they'll likely be benched for awhile if you lack the rows to support them. If you could roll a Chinese element, Hero and Greco-roman of the same color you got a new team right there, get those RNG sacrifices ready.

Rixa

Day one looks like it has more hits for you if you are using Nut and Verdandi. Meimei and Vishnu are killers with their recent uvos. Nut wants prongs, Karin doesn't have them in her awoken form, just rows, you can still field her as a board changer on Nut or lead with her instead.

Yup, makes a lot sense. Thanks for clearing it to me :)
My God / Devil list is very short, that day 1 sounds so good (to get Meimei...)

I have only 3½ Gods / Devils, maybe I get some more now and ofc I will get those gold troll pullls.

- Verdandi
- Nut
- Zuoh
- 4* water deity, holy isis

Gungho has nice way to troll people with these Gods / Devils that are cousins of the famous Gods. Shittier versions are written with lowercases.

Some questions:

Earlier when I cleared Legendary Dragons' Footprints "Blazing Hell", I got.

3* Tyran
6* Flamedragon Muspelheim

Is there any use for Tyran as skill fodder for some other unit or exp fodder, or should I sell it for taking 1 slot space :).

Those LDF dungeons, what are the drop rates for dragons, if I someday need to farm them? At the moment I cant clear next dungeon "Absolute Zero".

Muspelheim I will keep even if I dont use it, cause I dont want to sell >4* units (or REM pulled), I rather buy more slots.

Some questions:

Earlier when I cleared Legendary Dragons' Footprints "Blazing Hell", I got.

3* Tyran
6* Flamedragon Muspelheim

Is there any use for Tyran as skill fodder for some other unit or exp fodder, or should I sell it for taking 1 slot space :).

Those LDF dungeons, what are the drop rates for dragons, if I someday need to farm them? At the moment I cant clear next dungeon "Absolute Zero".

Muspelheim I will keep even if I dont use it, cause I dont want to sell >4* units (or REM pulled), I rather buy more slots.

You can toss both of them if you need to make some space. The starter dragon new split uvos be can used as ghetto prongers for the Norns or same element prong team. Their active is still terrible, requires two china balls, mediocre stats and terrible awakens outside of the 2x prongs, I don't know if I'd invest that much into them unless you're flooding out on balls and running into poor REM luck.

Muspelheim is just trash, thanks to the power creeping making all those older dungeons jokes, he can't even be used as a trophy anymore.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Hi guys,

I've gotten stuck. I have good monsters but I want to make the step up and start completing Mythical dungeons.

I currently run an Urd team but I've just gotten awoken bastet and know it's good.

My monsters are: https://www.padherder.com/user/antstagg/monsters

Can anyone help me make a decent awoken bastet team or if I'm missing anything where to get it please?

Thanks

How to make Awoken Bastet teams:

Prime subs are: Vishnu, Liu donger, Verdandi, Meimei, green valk.

If you lack any of those guys follow this list and apply it to your box in order of importance.

1)Prongs
2)Skill bind resists
3)Orb changer
4)Kushinada (Or any damage reducer for some challenge dungeons)
5)Whatever you want, Bastet doesn't care.

Maxing your skill levels on this team is real important.

For your padherder box all I did was slap the only green prongers you had in there to come up with:

A.Bastet/Kushinada/Ruel/Verdandi/Leeza. 100% skill bind resist, some prongs, some orb making/changing. I'd replace Ruel with Meimei and Leeza with Vishnu/Liu Bie if you ever get them. Swap Kushi in and out as needed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Time to farm some fruits.

Also i havent bothered with my friendlist since i started but i think i have to clear some space now to add more user who run the same leaders i do. Of course i wont delete any Gaffers but if your name doesnt include GAF or i dont recognize and delete it accidentally please add me again.

This logic is exactly why I'm hesitating to hypermax Bastet. I'll probably finish off Verdandi since she's a sub and a leader, but it kind of doesn't feel worth it on Bastet.

Yeah def max the main damage dealer and Verdandi first on a A.Bastet team. If you have resources later on you can still invest in A.Bastet. Wouldnt mind having a hypermaxed Bastet Best Friend - cool that you already have her max skilled though, which is more important.
I'll give it a shot. I used a Tamadra to get Sasuke's 4th awakening so the team will be immune to poison orb changes.

Good luck man...combo hard and you should pull through, even better with that poison resist.

I was running LKali and I think I was saving my shield for the 15k bind attack because I wasn't at full health. Was planning to clear out trash orbs, eat the 99% grav, then heal + shield on turn two to survive the hit and delay the following turn.

Of course, the skyfall turned into a 36x activation and put him into rage mode. :/

Ouch...that sucks, normally you hope for Skyfall but with ragemode on these high HP units you better hit hard or not at all.

"Come at the king, you best not miss" -Omar

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
How to make Awoken Bastet teams:

Prime subs are: Vishnu, Liu donger, Verdandi, Meimei, green valk.

If you lack any of those guys follow this list and apply it to your box in order of importance.

1)Prongs
2)Skill bind resists
3)Orb changer
4)Kushinada (Or any damage reducer for some challenge dungeons)
5)Whatever you want, Bastet doesn't care.

Maxing your skill levels on this team is real important.

For your padherder box all I did was slap the only green prongers you had in there to come up with:

A.Bastet/Kushinada/Ruel/Verdandi/Leeza. 100% skill bind resist, some prongs, some orb making/changing. I'd replace Ruel with Meimei and Leeza with Vishnu/Liu Bie if you ever get them. Swap Kushi in and out as needed.

Thanks so much, going to start a complete rebuild.

razterik

Can grind teams come back yet? Trying to casually play my JP alt after farming plus eggs in NA and the current meta is killing me. I hate having to 10 combo or die every turn while managing a proper order of skill usage and maintaining damage reduction shields. Game wants everyone to be Anubis savants now. I just want to relax.

Also, JP Challenges 9&10, plz die. Can cruise to Lifive and ult Goemon and then get killed by huge preemptives, 9 mil+ HP, and 25k or greater "normal" attacks. I don't even...

Quantum

From GungHo IR report. They're going to be attempting to increase marketing in NA later this year it seems. TV commercial and more ad penetration.
http://www.gungho.co.jp/english/ir/uploads/irs20150729e_4.pdf

sounds perfect...

- they should fix the customer service.
- they should fix the stream
- they should be more forthcoming with communication about events.

Everyone keeps saying that Gungho USA has no control over timing of events and have a tough time announcing what to expect in the coming weeks - this hurts the brand - without question.

oddly if you have a customer support issue you have to contact JPN there is no US based support - this hurts the brand.

you have Antonio and crew do live streams on Friday nights:
- they can't even get 1500 active viewers and keep saying how it is the prime time
- they promise more clarity and deliver none
- The excuse for not supporting the US hardcore fanbase to the same level as the JPN hardcore fanbase was something about the length of time and the number of players in US versus JPN (I've been playing for more than 860 days how is that not hardcore and why does the support from gungho depend on the number of new players if they expect additional revenue from me?).
- Oddly enough the stream is encouraged to be unprofessional - while it has a fun atmosphere it represents the game poorly -the JPN stream is a much more professional experience and creates much more excitement about the future of the game.

I think Gungho has an uphill battle, the game is really old at this point and the US support has been terrible. I understand why it is doing poorly here and there is not very much they can do to save it. Certainly I hope they can fix the issues, but I really doubt it and still wish there was a single server for the game.

Rixa

I have played now 30 days, got 5 Stones (thanks), so I can make 11 pulls in GFest. More synergies to start play this game when GFest is on.
Meanwhile my dragon plant farming for Pengdras isnt going too brightly, already had many runs with 0 plants, fruits I can use as exp but flowers are eh...

Ducarmel

I finally joined the Awoken Shiva army. Sometime tomorrow I will join the Awoken Bastet party.

So a PEM only for skill up mobs in JP is coming right?

Can grind teams come back yet? Trying to casually play my JP alt after farming plus eggs in NA and the current meta is killing me. I hate having to 10 combo or die every turn while managing a proper order of skill usage and maintaining damage reduction shields. Game wants everyone to be Anubis savants now. I just want to relax.

Also, JP Challenges 9&10, plz die. Can cruise to Lifive and ult Goemon and then get killed by huge preemptives, 9 mil+ HP, and 25k or greater "normal" attacks. I don't even...
They would have to release a card that does something crazy like 80% damage reduction leader skill and 2x rcv. The catch half atk output.

Damn, the Krishna uvo caught me off guard. I'm missing a red mask. I may have to wait til next week.

Edt: never mind, the pal machine likes me today. I'll put him up today.

Kwhit10

I have 30 stones, any suggestions on which day I should use them?

I run Lkali the most. Also UY. For farming it's Athena or a beelz/Ronia team.

Jagernaut

I failed Devils Domain with Awoken Bastet last night. Floor 1 I started with a great combo (cleared most of the board) and brought him down to 30%. 2nd turn there was not a single wood orb on the board so I had to use Sasuke to finish. I got Vampire on the 2nd floor but couldn't heal back enough after his 99% gravity and was killed the next turn.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I also needed a couple attempts to get it right. You need enough orbs and to learn stage 1 only with Bastets active.

Getting Vampire on stage 2 sucks always though.

iamtheb

I got some great advice last time I asked for advice (primarily from cw_sasuke), so I thought I'd try again. Here's what I'm running.
0AA49E5B-603D-47BA-B2E0-2D133F401B66_zpsebyhyico.png

Here is the link to my PADherder.

I usually run this team with another Verdandi Leader (once again, usually cw_sasuke's). Where should I go from here? I know I have the pieces for some potentially awesome teams, but I'm usually rotten at putting them together. Thanks!

cw_sasuke

Hey iamtheb,

how far along are you dungeon wise? You def have some nice subs so I guess you won't be pulling anytime soon.

Im on the go know so just a quick response to your Green subs. Any reason why you don't evolve Verdandi and use her as a leader? You should definitely evolve Sasuke as well - TPA and 5 turn orb changer (once skilled) is great. Marine Rider is also strong with double TPA Awakenings, though getting the sacred masks for his Ult Evo could be difficult unless you already have them.

You could also start slowly working on a fire team around Urd.

Edit:

I just realized that your subs are lacking Awakenings in general. You are missing out on a lot of extra dmg without using Tamadras to unlock the passive skills.

iamtheb

Edit:

I just realized that your subs are lacking Awakenings in general. You are missing out on a lot of extra dmg without using Tamadras to unlock the passive skills.

My current team is fully awakened, I believe. I was just lazy with that when I put them in. I only put in the monsters and their current levels.

hermit7

I have been having an issue with wadatsumi and Vulcan still need to figure it out soon.

Vulcan I have beaten before but I forget the team that I used. Beelz / red Sonia may be the best option, allowing g for some burst and survivability.

Wadatsumi will be hard but Bastet or verd may be good options. Especially with the type advantage over Wadatsumi.

cw_sasuke

My current team is fully awakened, I believe. I was just lazy with that when I put them in. I only put in the monsters and their current levels.
Ah ok I figured so heh.
Guess you are playing on iOS and can't use the Android App to update your Padherder.

Well as said... You should invest in Verdandi especially if you team up with her most of the time.

I have been having an issue with wadatsumi and Vulcan still need to figure it out soon.
I hate Wadatsumi, cleared for the first time during this event. I used Bastet with a Verdandi friend and brought Echidna and Kushinada along. Echidna is important to stall on U&Y.

Jagernaut

Vulcan I have beaten before but I forget the team that I used. Beelz / red Sonia may be the best option, allowing g for some burst and survivability.

Wadatsumi will be hard but Bastet or verd may be good options. Especially with the type advantage over Wadatsumi.

Umisachi boss in Wadatsumi has 10 turn wood absorb and changes hearts to water so you would have to stall for a while.

Where should I go from here? I know I have the pieces for some potentially awesome teams, but I'm usually rotten at putting them together. Thanks!
You have some great leaders and subs available, but you also have a lot of collecting to do to reach their full potential. In particular, you should be looking towards awoken evolutions for Shiva, Parvati, and Meimei (possibly both of them).

In the shorter term, you have some very solid Verdandi (Sasuke, GL Meimei, Perseus) and Urd (Ares, R. Valk, RL Leilan) subs available, so evolve and awaken them. What's nice is most of these will transfer over to Awoken Shiva and Parvati teams, which are capable of endgame content.

I see you have a Zeus Vulcan. Not sure how you got him, but if you can reliably beat his dungeon without stoning, it is definitely worth farming for a Phoenix. Awoken Shiva is a top tier lead, and you have amazing subs for him, so getting him will give you a very good team.

Also, skill ups are key for any team so try to work on max skilling your mobs. Easy access skill ups include RValk (red goblins), Ares (red super kings), and the norns (trifruits). Keep an eye out for the dungeons for the other units.

Nohar

Well, I had no idea we could unlock a challenge mode after beaten Abyssal Satan Castle. So many free Magic Stones ♥ I'll be able to make 6 pulls Saturday (I hope I'll get Persephone) and expand my monster box to 200.
Let's just hope that I'll win enough Dub-mythlit tomorrow.

Got trolled by the Neptune boss at the end of Ocean of Heaven though... I had Odin for poison, but no defense buster (and Echidna already used her skill right before it), even my x25 combos barely scratched him.

Negator

Cleared Hera-Is on Legend, she didn't drop, rip.

Not that I need her or anything, but would have been nice in case I ever come across a Neptune, but I guess I can worry about that later.

I'm really glad I'm at the level where I can start clearing the super easy descends. I completed my heartbreaker collection and have L.Valk/Berserk/Highlander/Vampire/Titan.

Not that I need her or anything, but would have been nice in case I ever come across a Neptune, but I guess I can worry about that later.

I'm really glad I'm at the level where I can start clearing the super easy descends. I completed my heartbreaker collection and have L.Valk/Berserk/Highlander/Vampire/Titan.
It's a great feeling when you make it over one of the invisible humps and start toppling content you previously couldn't scratch one by one.

Also I think you might have cw_sasuke beat in terms of how rapidly you've been able to progress in the game. You started like what, a month or two ago?

cw_sasuke

Negator is already doing and preparing for Mythical Desc - i needed way more time to realize how most of the mechanics worked xD

Then again playing U&Y wasnt the easiest start (for me at least) - a couple of frustrating deaths thanks to orb trolling. It got better once i also had GZL as a back up solution.

PS. Water Cat Dragon cleared - dungeons without green orbs should be forbidden.

Negator

It's a great feeling when you make it over one of the invisible humps and start toppling content you previously couldn't scratch one by one.

Also I think you might have cw_sasuke beat in terms of how rapidly you've been able to progress in the game. You started like what, a month or two ago?

My account is about 2 and half months old. To be fair, I bought a decent amount of magic stones because it seemed like good value during godfests, I never felt like I was getting burned like I did playing FFRK.

I also did a ton of research going in on what I should be doing.

Kyuur

We're about at the same points right now -- I just beat Hera-Is Legend as well, and Goddess yesterday! -highfive-

Neptune Dragon

Decidedly not as overpowered as Shiva Dragon.

Definitely not, but still pretty great for water rows. Would 150k poison be useful anywhere?

Top Bottom