• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

linsivvi

Alright, I need some advice. I want a dummy proof Thursday Mythical farm team. My current idea is Urd/Yamato/Awoken Hino/R.Valk/R/L Leilan/Urd. I'm not sure if this can put out enough damage for the final floor. Yamato is there for the S.Boosts. I do not have access to Ares or Minerva, so the only orb changers I have for red are the ones listed and the farmables. I also have a Ronia. I also have Rodin if needed. Would I be better served with a Yamato team for this? What should I be building and how should I look to play it.

In terms of other REM Red subs I'd have that could be used, Uriel, a second Yamato, Freyr and Shiva are the major ones.

Ronia/Beelzebub with Echidna is quite safe, or you can put Echidna in your Urd team.

Just remember that you don't have to kill them all in one turn, as Green Dragon Fruit doesn't attack at full health and even after that you get an extra turn. It is also not immune to Echidna so there's extra protection.

There are times where I didn't even get my skills charged so I just let the other two fruits hit me for 24K before I burst.

Rixa

My party is now in the situation where I can farm friday dungeon without special friend (Grodin).

Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-48-53.png
Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-48-29.png

Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-51-44.png
Screenshot_2015-07-31-12-52-06.png

Where should I farm for Divine Carmine Mask?
I was thinking Hyperion Lava Flow (cause its the highest dungeon I can clear), but are there better places outside of Wednesday Dungeon?.

Edit: Tomb of the Saint-Deep / Nameless Soldiers' Souls has it as only encounter.

Alright, I need some advice. I want a dummy proof Thursday Mythical farm team. My current idea is Urd/Yamato/Awoken Hino/R.Valk/R/L Leilan/Urd. I'm not sure if this can put out enough damage for the final floor. Yamato is there for the S.Boosts. I do not have access to Ares or Minerva, so the only orb changers I have for red are the ones listed and the farmables. I also have a Ronia. I also have Rodin if needed. Would I be better served with a Yamato team for this? What should I be building and how should I look to play it.

In terms of other REM Red subs I'd have that could be used, Uriel, a second Yamato, Freyr and Shiva are the major ones.
That team should be fine, though you might save yourself some headache by using an Amenouzume friend. Her bind clear makes the third flood less frustrating.

I run Ame/Kagu/Chiyome/Minerva/DQ Hera-Ur/Urd and have never had any issues. Just pop Urd > Kagu > Hera-Ur on the last floor and make rows.

LuffyZoro

I rolled twice and got Zuoh and Dill Sirius. Zuoh at least seems like he'll go alright in my Durga team to cover green, at least until I can get AHades. Only annoying part is that his active breaks Durga's leader skill.

Ducarmel

:( Feed my hyper Kushi to Bastet, her service in tri color dungeons was admirable and she will be missed.

Right, pulled Vishnu as a starter, let's do this thing!

reroll.

Vishnu is a good card but he is sub status

Imo for a starting pull Kirin and to a lesser extant Durga are good to ok but need a bit of a learning curve to play with.

Since you have a chance at getting special god cards then Red Sonia, Urd, Verdandi would be good starting pulls for a beginners all 3 are easy to play with and are popular.

Gadius is also a good starter but i don't know how popular he is, he is new and i never see him on my friends list, but it could be because most of my friends are high ranked and they have better teams already to worry about building a new team.

Light Kali is a great card but like Kirin/Durga will take some time to learn to play with.

The downside of special gods as starters is team cost so you will struggle a bit until you rank up

Green gala is activated so Bastet would be the best god to get in this godfest during day 1.

Day 2 everything i said applies except the chances to get Kirin or Durga are lower and the featured pantheons I think they all are crap as starting pulls except for Pandora she is just to expensive as a starting pull.

Now you don't have to do all this Vishnu he can be built with farmable subs, some are a bit hard to get but if you keep him try to get Green Mystic knight and highlander from dungeon drops as soon as you can. Depending on events it could take you maybe a month of playing to get those 2 cards. Overall he definitely can get you most of the way in the game.

smbu2000

Well I've still been pulling on the HxH collab REM as I get stones in and I rolled two Gold eggs in a row! Both were Netero... That makes Netero #2 and #3... uhhh....Give me a Gon or a Killua please!

I max levelled my Kite and I've given him 2 badpys, so I just need 2 more to max skill him. Tried him out a little bit and he seems pretty strong. Getting 5 orbs together in addition to the 3 other colors isn't as tough as I thought it would be. My current team is Kite/Vegeta/A.Anubis/Blodin/Goetia. I'd like to replace Goetia with somebody as she isn't levelled up(has no awakenings yet), but I need her for wood. I could use GZL there...
Blodin covers water for me. Kite and Vegeta are both Light.

A.Anubis gets in fire although I might sub in Vegito for him. My hyper Vegito is strong and has the same 2 time extends, but having A.Anubis in there gives me 100% skill bind resist. Kite has 2 skill bind resists and with a friend gives me 4 total.

Overall it's not too tough to activate the 64x attack for one color. (16x for the rest) I have one hyper Kite friend already. Nice.

Also pulled on the GF REM and picked up Arcline. Seems alright with the 2.5x attack for Healing members and could be useful on my LKali team. I do already have SQ and Izanagi though. Hmmm....

yami4ct

That team should be fine, though you might save yourself some headache by using an Amenouzume friend. Her bind clear makes the third flood less frustrating.

I run Ame/Kagu/Chiyome/Minerva/DQ Hera-Ur/Urd and have never had any issues. Just pop Urd > Kagu > Hera-Ur on the last floor and make rows.

Ame friend definitely seems like it could be a good idea. Dealing binds over and over without accidentally killing the baby Tama on floor 3 can be frustrating. It's way easier with a mono-color team, but still something I'd want to avoid. I'm also thinking I'll switch Leilan for Rodin and Echidna for R.Valk. Echidna will help make things quite safe and Rodin's Row Boosts will make the final floor much more burstable. I should have enough Orb and Board changers with Urd, Yama and Hino.

Ronia/Beelzebub with Echidna is quite safe, or you can put Echidna in your Urd team.

Belez/Ronia is definitely a great team I could run, but right now it's nowhere near as ready as my fire monsters. Definitely going to add Echidna to my fire squad.

Also, I totally have caught you can take a hit the first turn. It definitely helped with running my A. Ra squad.

J0dy77

What team does everyone use for wadatsumi? I hate this F'ing dungeon so much. I can't clear it for the life of me and have wasted hundreds of stamina. There is just so much random crap that wipes me every time.

jay23

I was almost bursting to tears when my pulls were shit after shit. Literally last pull o_ saved something.

My 11 pulls in pull order:

Is Leilan ok sub for Verdandi and should I ultievo it to Divine Flower Suzaku, Leilan?
What about that Avalon Drake as sub, comments seem to be praising him in Puzzledragonx

Kinda lost about what to do with these, who to enhance :)

So many meh pulls, silver after silver :(.

Wow u sure u waited for gf to go live? I don't think I've seen a streak of bad pulls like this

Kyuur

Rolled twice, legit shook both times:

Just like that I can start building an Attacker team for Verdandi. I don't have the famed Liu Bei but Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun can be farmable components. Maybe even an Osiris attacker team...

Going to try and get another couple stones via Challenge dungeons for tomorrow in hopes that my luck persists and I get Yamato!

Ducarmel

What team does everyone use for wadatsumi? I hate this F'ing dungeon so much. I can't clear it for the life of me and have wasted hundreds of stamina. There is just so much random crap that wipes me every time.

Ronia/Beez or Ronia/Lubu works for me.

donjezzy

6 pulls :(
L.meta( which I already have)
Piedra
Dark golem
Shining dragon swordsman
Mystic ice knight
Sea serpent

Think Im done buying stones for awhile

am_dragon

Drall
Muse
Ur-Chimera
Cursed Dragon - I'm assuming this is garbage it looks like garbage.

Seems like there is to much crap in the REM anymore. I haven't pulled a ton in a long time but I'm not even getting dups of good cards, just junk.

Negator

I ended up getting a Vishnu, which makes me happy. I really don't want to roll for more Indian 2 gods so I think I'm done for today.

I got a Blonia, 6* Ganesha (dupe), 2x sarasvati (the first was not a dupe), and a third Bastet.

Not bad, but not great. I'm back on a stone pulling savings plan.

In other news can anyone put up a awoken Neptune so I can take down devil rush? I've got great parts to make that work, but I need the friend lead. I could try pairing him with Beelzebub, but then I lose the poison orb blocking.

Quantum

debating a yolo roll, I still have 19 free stones and have been using a good number of them to farm + eggs.

I'll either pull or run tama village.

- I do not need to pull
- I only need tama village for alt teams that I'm not currently using.

- I'd dump them into egg farming if it wasn't so damned boring.

debating a yolo roll, I still have 19 free stones and have been using a good number of them to farm + eggs.

I'll either pull or run tama village.

- I do not need to pull
- I only need tama village for alt teams that I'm not currently using.

- I'd dump them into egg farming if it wasn't so damned boring.

Run Tama Village

Don't pull REM until they take out 3* eggs

jay23

Yea seeing all these troll rolls I'm glad I decided to wait.

Is tamadra village better than retreat? Cause that's coming tomorrow.

TrickRoom

My pulls:

Verche
Fuma Kotaro
Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Ganesha

I see the last two on the recommended starter list... I guess I won't be rerolling.

Any thoughts on the others?

Jagernaut

I got a Blonia, 6* Ganesha (dupe), 2x sarasvati (the first was not a dupe), and a third Bastet.

Not bad, but not great. I'm back on a stone pulling savings plan.

In other news can anyone put up a awoken Neptune so I can take down devil rush? I've got great parts to make that work, but I need the friend lead. I could try pairing him with Beelzebub, but then I lose the poison orb blocking.

If you still need Awoken Neptune I'll put mine up. Let me know.

Noaloha

Looking for Awoken Shiva buds! (And, after a clear-out, I've space open for any one else who might want a Verdandi/Athena/LeilanWithPluses/GaneshaAtWeekends.)

ID: 324541344, Molly

A.Shiva was a pain the arse to get. That red sorceress would NOT drop for me. Well, she did drop eventually, obviously. But she was very rude to wait until my 12th(!) run of the challenge descend to make an appearance. Hmph.

Nice to finally have an 'Awoken' UltEvo on my bench. Though I went through my red monsters and I do not have many decent units there. I'm really a bit iffy about my red-with-prong options. :/ This is the best team I can put together I think:

DsQrWID.png

Leilan, Swordsman and Homura, my supposed fast orb changers, are pretty much entirely unskilled too. Joy. At least Swordsman and Homura are relatively easy if I bide my time. Will help a lot.

That said, what are people's opinions on putting an Awoken Minerva in with Shiva as a sub (once I evolve her)? She's rows, not prong. But! She has a nice orb change and decent stats. I am similarly conflicted regarding what to do with Leilan. When her Awoken form arrives, she becomes another row beast, losing her prong. I won't be doing rows with Shiva! If I have Leilan purely as sub, she arguably fits better on the Shiva team as she is. Plus, she was my starting god and, as such, has been my ongoing project for +s.

Anyway yes. Add me please fellow A.Shivas, or anyone else.

Godfest trip report: not bad. Had eight stones, plus freebie, plus a coin dungeon clear. Two rolls today. Roped in a nearby three year old girl to do my Golden Dragon handshakes.

Green Sonia
Vishnu

Very happy with the Vishnu as, aside from a lovely Liu Bei sub, I run a pretty ramshackle Verdandi team. Vishnu will slot nicely in. Gronia... not sure about her chances of getting any attention from me anytime soon.

Still, good job little three year old girl, good job.

Noaloha

Awoken Minerva is probably worth it for the awakenings alone if you don't have anything better.

I dunno. A.Minerva's awakenings are great in the right situation, but that's kinda it -- they're largely situational. Jammer block; bind-immune but with no bind clear; red resist; a row that Shiva don't care for. I like her skill and her stats and her being R/R. I might prefer to Echidna to her for just for general utility (with my crappy current red options). I mean, Echidna's sort of situational what with the prevalence of bosses that have status protection, but Echidna also kind of functions as an orb refresh for moments of red-starve, or to stall early on to get other skills up. Pretty useful in more situations!

Not sure.

I will say that even with that crappy team, A.Shiva is a force to behold. I have a very stable Verdandi set up for thursday Mythical with Verdandi, but it involves the whole tamadra dance which can get tedious.

Test-drove A.Shiva yesterday with the above team right after I got him. He blew straight through every floor but the boss one, which took an extra turn. (Then I tried again and got orb-trolled on floor one, heh.) And this morning that team made short of work of Sphinx when paired up with an Awoken Minerva. I am impressed.

zoku88

Pulled twice. Got lemon Dragon and marine rider, both dupes.

I have 9 stones left. I think I will spend the rest for plus egg farming.

Ducarmel

My pulls:

Verche
Fuma Kotaro
Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Ganesha

I see the last two on the recommended starter list... I guess I won't be rerolling.

Any thoughts on the others?
What list are you reading that says Ganesha is a good starter, I think you mean Gadius

Gadius is actually stronger then Red Sonia meta game wise but needs specific subs to get the absolute most damage out of him. He is pretty easy to use

Ronia is even more easier and more versatile. You probably should work on using her to start with.

Verche is a ok for light teams, fuma is a great sub for light teams and leaders like L Kali, and Ganesha is good for weekend dungeons.

coy

Seeing the Vishnu pulls is tempting. I'll probably yolo once later. Depending on the outcome, I may do the same tomorrow in hopes of Perseus and spend my stones on +egg farming. But that Vishnu tho.

razterik

A.Venus all the way. Most things can't kill her until below 50%, use a burst and large orb change. If you don't have her, pairing Light Tron with a friend Venus works fairly well as long as most of the team is healers and you use something like Sandalphon.

Looking for Awoken Shiva buds! (And, after a clear-out, I've space open for any one else who might want a Verdandi/Athena/LeilanWithPluses/GaneshaAtWeekends.)

ID: 324541344, Molly

A.Shiva was a pain the arse to get. That red sorceress would NOT drop for me. Well, she did drop eventually, obviously. But she was very rude to wait until my 12th(!) run of the challenge descend to make an appearance. Hmph.

Nice to finally have an 'Awoken' UltEvo on my bench. Though I went through my red monsters and I do not have many decent units there. I'm really a bit iffy about my red-with-prong options. :/ This is the best team I can put together I think:

Leilan, Swordsman and Homura, my supposed fast orb changers, are pretty much entirely unskilled too. Joy. At least Swordsman and Homura are relatively easy if I bide my time. Will help a lot.

That said, what are people's opinions on putting an Awoken Minerva in with Shiva as a sub (once I evolve her)? She's rows, not prong. But! She has a nice orb change and decent stats. I am similarly conflicted regarding what to do with Leilan. When her Awoken form arrives, she becomes another row beast, losing her prong. I won't be doing rows with Shiva! If I have Leilan purely as sub, she arguably fits better on the Shiva team as she is. Plus, she was my starting god and, as such, has been my ongoing project for +s.

Anyway yes. Add me please fellow A.Shivas, or anyone else.

Added, although my hypermax A.Shiva is in my BF slot right now. (wink wink, heh) I use him frequently either way.

A.Minerva is perfectly fine as a sub, Shiva doesn't really need more than himself and another TPA focused sub to do plenty of damage in most instances. A.Leilan does lose her TPA, but she gains another skill boost and an important skill lock resist. The haste effect is also quite useful. It is actually possible to run a row based Shiva since he only requires 6 combos.

Jagernaut

What subs would you use on a double Awoken Venus team for Wadatsumi?

I could use:

Healers - Valk, Fuu, Arcline, Raphael, mini DQXQ, Sun Quan, Echidna.

Light non-healers - Apocalypse, Wukong.

Silent_Z

Trying to switch to Awoken Horus as my main but I'm a bit short on friends running the same. Anyone on here using him regularly that could add me? Currently up to +75 and skill 2, going to work on + over the weekend.

Slot 1 is usually hypermax R.Sonia, for what it's worth

ID: 311221334

razterik

I took my hyper Valkyrie, Apollo, Wukong, and Purin for his 2x light burst. Could probably use Thor or even Echidna there since there are no status shields. Had no trouble. Stall first floor for skills, make sure to get ogre to blue quickly. Second floor is all about putting out as much damage as possible, use all skills as necessary. Stall on third floor for skills again. Grind down UmiYama until close to halfway if you are worried about getting enough damage, then burst. Siren can't kill you unless your HP is pretty low and you don't heal enough. Grind down if possible, but use skills if needed. Wadatsumi hands you hearts, easy to stay healthy. Work him down until you feel comfortable, kill at once when he switches to dark. Just make sure you hit enough combos or he will heal.

Out of your lineup, Valk, Wukong, Apocalypse, Echidna seems best to me. But it really depends on what you have max skilled and fully leveled. I would prefer high stats and skill levels to make up for no awakenings.

Jagernaut

Nice write up, thanks. After Siren's big hit does she start the cycle again or just keep repeating the big hit?

Edit. These cards are max or high level and max skilled: Awoken Venus, Valk +125, Fuu, mini DQXQ, Sun Quan, Echidna, Apocalypse, Wukong.

Edit. I forgot I have a max skilled Apollo. The only light spike I have is Arcline who only boosts healers.

razterik

Arcline is okay. Echidna is fine, Sun Quan would also work. Not a lot of HP to burn, but you forget how hard it can be to get up into millions without awakenings.

Siren resets, so plenty of time to heal after big hit.

Nohar

Only 3 dub-mythlit today. Oh well, can't complain I guess, though I could really have used a few more (the number of monsters needing it is huge). Today will be Challenge farming and REM pulling. I'll post my (very likely) disappointing rolls.

Top Bottom