• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Goldrush

Beside the stones, are there any reasons to go through normal and technical dungeons? Played for a year and a half and never found the stamina to progress. There are always stuff to level up and pii to collect. Hell, it wasn't until 3x normal that I decided to burn through stamina to get to Ocean of Heaven.

Rixa

@Rixa
Hope you had luck with your pulls this time.

Hello, I was traveling all the day so couldnt post my pulls earlier (7h ago).

Bad news: I didnt get subs to my Green team. Good news is that I managed to farm Highlander from 2 Towers.

Made 9 pulls.

Obvious troll pulls
Screenshot_2015-08-14-12-38-02.png
Screenshot_2015-08-14-12-38-28.png
Screenshot_2015-08-14-12-42-34.png

Cause this was my first WDS (she or he?), goes nicely to Nut team.

Sub to fire & heartmaker

Tobe Devil & Devil for Ronia or some other Devil team

Satan says Hi! God that is God Dragon and finally Devil Dargon in UEVO. My true Nuke :p. Would it work with Ronia?

All in all I thinkl I did ok :).

Today was my 47 login day, so 50 gives Stones and 60 Gives Stones, so I should have some stones to pull in next God Fest again.

Ducarmel

I only use Virtra if I need the skill bind resist, beyond that he is not that great.

Even if say you have Lu Bu to bring you hp down to one to use Virtra's nuke, activating his skill will debuff the 2.5X atk for devil types and replace it with 1.5x atk for dark attribute.

Rixa

I only use Virtra if I need the skill bind resist, beyond that he is not that great.

Even if say you have Lu Bu to bring you hp down to one to use Virtra's nuke, activating his skill will debuff the 2.5X atk for devil types and replace it with 1.5x atk for dark attribute.

Yup, did read same things from padx. I dont have Lu Bu and at the moment I dont see use for Vritra. So situational use and well dunno if there is much use other than with Satan (which I obviously dont have).

I was surprised to find the new Vritra uvo showing up on the Luidas popularity chart; I think people in JP use him for farming or something idk.

Beside the stones, are there any reasons to go through normal and technical dungeons? Played for a year and a half and never found the stamina to progress. There are always stuff to level up and pii to collect. Hell, it wasn't until 3x normal that I decided to burn through stamina to get to Ocean of Heaven.
The number dragons have increasingly shown up on uvo recipes, so you might want to have access to them that doesn't depend on Dragon Challenge running.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Special dungeons normally have low exp/sta ratio (unless you can do Zeus Vulcan).

King of the Gods still is one of the highest exp/sta ratio dungeons.

If I found my exp to rank up is within 800*sta range after work time, I will normally do a few KoTG to rank up, and then do the descended or challenges available on that day.

For technical, if I run out of keepers of a specific color, I will normally do the corresponding color's mythic stone dragon dungeon on Monday.

Rolled until silver.

Godin (dupe. Not sure how useful a second is).

Vritra. (not sure what use he is. Maybe he'll get a sick Awoken. But my dark selection is weak).

razterik

The newer Vritra uevo is good for a few different things. He can be used as a Lu Bu style leader pairing for Ronia, with the bonus of boosting dragons as well. Has quite a bit more HP and a skill bind resist, but less ATK, is bindable, and a less potent burst active.

If you're running a Beelzebub/Ronia team, Vritra is one of the preferred burst subs, probably beaten only by D/B Batman and Loki. Lu Bu's HP drop is too hazardous to use for high level play when you need multiple uses per dungeon.

Finally, he's a great speed farmer combined with anything that drops HP, like Lu Bu or Goemon. Two skill boosts and an active that will wipe almost any trash floor. Maxed out with ATK eggs, he was one of the faster Star Vault leaders that could push through with actives alone. I only have one Rodin, so he's on on my Goemon team that clears almost anything that's five floors without matching orbs.

Okamid3n

I assume the Yamato challenge only gives a stone if you complete all the dungeons?

I don't know if I'll bother with it, I have so many jewels but nothing to use them on, because I only ever pull fire cards. I'll grab the fire jewel and call it a day.

Kyuur

So I decided to roll today, not for the godfest but for the gala
I know don't scold me :(
, because there are a looot of Gadius subs I want, both high and low: Red Riding Hood, Mitsuki, Strawberry Dragon, Yamato, Uriel. Possibly the most intense rolling ever since I want both silvers and golds.

Images spoilered for authentic rolling experience.

1q5ZmG4.png
UsEZvFc.png
uDh6jJB.png

I was okay with the first until the second happened. Luckily I got one of the best things possible out of the third! Hooray!

yami4ct

There's always Cauchemar. He can combo with Liu Bei if necessary. Not ideal and investment intensive, but you have a strong enough team that I wouldn't leave it idle unless you have much better options elsewhere.

Fell one short of max skill Sandalphon while farming blue jewels. Boo.

3x normals returning this weekend? Cool. Won't go as hard as last time, though. Box is too full.

Probably gonna go for it. I mean, I do have a much better team. I have Ra/Isis/D.Kali/L.Kali/L.Kali/Ra. I still really want to make some damn use out of my green, so I'll probably start grinding Cauch while I hoard stones for a no-star Chinese.

razterik

I assume the Yamato challenge only gives a stone if you complete all the dungeons?

I don't know if I'll bother with it, I have so many jewels but nothing to use them on, because I only ever pull fire cards. I'll grab the fire jewel and call it a day.

Yes, only one stone for finishing all.

Jewels are getting more rare over time, not less. I wouldn't pass up easy jewels now since they can stay in your mailbox.

yami4ct

Fucking can't beat god rush because Haku keeps skill binding my Ra team despite 80% resistance.

Awoken Isis cannot come soon enough. Holding onto this unleveled Marine Rider is killing my Ra team. Sure, I could level it and have no more issues, but I'll never use the damn thing again anyway.

Also 100% SB Resist is gonna be beautiful.

EDIT:

Sonia Gran's a funny one. Hmmm. Thought my Urd team would likely be more successful here than my others. Got to Ronia, but used too many orb changers and didn't want to pop my Urd before Gran. Maybe it's best to pair with another Urd rather than take Awoken Shiva for the boost? Will have to do some experimenting here. I think I can clear it.

Jonsoncao

Banned
The newer Vritra uevo is good for a few different things. He can be used as a Lu Bu style leader pairing for Ronia, with the bonus of boosting dragons as well. Has quite a bit more HP and a skill bind resist, but less ATK, is bindable, and a less potent burst active.

If you're running a Beelzebub/Ronia team, Vritra is one of the preferred burst subs, probably beaten only by D/B Batman and Loki. Lu Bu's HP drop is too hazardous to use for high level play when you need multiple uses per dungeon.

Finally, he's a great speed farmer combined with anything that drops HP, like Lu Bu or Goemon. Two skill boosts and an active that will wipe almost any trash floor. Maxed out with ATK eggs, he was one of the faster Star Vault leaders that could push through with actives alone. I only have one Rodin, so he's on on my Goemon team that clears almost anything that's five floors without matching orbs.

This.

Vritra's new uevo is arguably one of the most useful subs out there, it has multiple functionalities. Even some S tier subs only fit in specific teams.

jiggle

I pulled
Sun Quan(3rd)
Liu Bei(4th)
Green Zhuge Liang!!!
Angel lol

Even though GZL was one of my most wanted
I wasn't really expecting it at 1x
Now my Dandi team is complete
Although the prospect of 4 Beis sounds enticing

Edit: kinda pissed at myself for wasting 3 woodpiis on stupid freyja, a couple of days ago, now :/

Jagernaut

I beat Sonia Gran for the first time. I copied a Ultimate Goemon team I saw on YouTube with Durga instead of Lu Bu. My Goemon was unskilled so I was lucky that I was able to stall a few turns to get him up for the boss. Everyone else was max skilled. I used Howie's hyper maxed Goemon as the other leader.

zoku88

Oh cool. So we're getting the memorial gacha

And BFF renewal. Time to show my best leads and hope I actually hook people outside of here this time

jay23

Looks like NA is getting the free god gacha that JP got.

Also a best friend reset so better use that first one.

I wonder if they get nervous that the numbers are lower each time.

(was 1.7k at start last stream for reference)

Not sure having the stream during Friday night helps.

Jagernaut

Looks like NA is getting the free god gacha that JP got.

Also a best friend reset so better use that first one.

I never used the first best friend. Anyone else interested? I use these leads:

Ronia
Yamato
Krishna
Vishnu
Verdandi
Umisachi & Yamasachi
Durga
Dark Metatron
Awoken Bastet
Awoken Horus
Awoken Parvati
Awoken Lakshmi
Awoken Ra - haven't used yet, lack Kali's

I will also run Awoken Shiva when I get a Phoenix.

Beat God rush and Sonia Gran by Shiva team. I never thought this team can beat these descended dungeons easily. High damage, great 2.25xRCV.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you looking for subs or leaders?

Subs it will always depend on who your main leader is, so I cant really say what subs to go after.

Leaders well if we are talking about a true beginner, there are plenty of beginner friendly cards for all types of gamplay. Unconditional mono type leaders like Red Sonia or Lu bu are great. Then you have hp conditional leaders like the Norns. Combo leaders in Bastet and Osiris, and match orb color type like DQXQ, Hathor, Nephthys, Set and L Kali.
Subs for Horus. I feel like I need to round out that team before I explore other leaders.

Isis is a great sub for Horus and a decent leader in her own right. The rest are primarily used as leaders.

Any time the two Kalis are at 3x rates are worth a shot at rolling. Both of them are great rainbow subs, and L.Kali a very good rainbow leader.
Alright, I guess I'll just do 6 pulls tomorrow and pray D;

If you're going to hoard stones for a Godfest, the best Godfest to wait for is the Player's Choice Godfest. The Player's Choice Godfest is a Godfest of the most popular cards which are also typically the most powerful. The Player's Choice Godfest also has 30 gods instead of the usual 10 which increases the chance that you'll roll a god overall, but with a smaller chance of rolling any specific god.
How often does this occur?

yami4ct

How often does this occur?

PCGF is twice a year, so unless you've already got a great team, I wouldn't wait. It shouldn't be too long before they remove star eggs, though. I imagine a month at most. That might be worth waiting for, but if you're new and the Godfest has something you like, you're probably still OK to pull.

EDIT:

Just started the stream. What the hell is this random ass bi-color team they're running. Some sort of challenge? I thought at first it might be an attacker squad, but then I saw the Shiva red boost leader and Awoken Hino and no attacker boost. Really odd.

Quantum

PCGF is twice a year, so unless you've already got a great team, I wouldn't wait. It shouldn't be too long before they remove star eggs, though. I imagine a month at most. That might be worth waiting for, but if you're new and the Godfest has something you like, you're probably still OK to pull.

EDIT:

Just started the stream. What the hell is this random ass bi-color team they're running. Some sort of challenge? I thought at first it might be an attacker squad, but then I saw the Shiva red boost leader and Awoken Hino and no attacker boost. Really odd.

was trying to figure this out - I think they mentioned using this team due to lack of certain types to avoid the binds on last level.

yami4ct

was trying to figure this out - I think they mentioned using this team due to lack of certain types to avoid the binds on last level.

They apparently brought in Verd to be their only god so when Z&H bound them it wouldn't be killer. I still am not sure why they put Liu Bei or didn't use another (red) god, but whatever.

4 stones, 3(?) Tama and a Flampy. Not bad. Not bad at all. Streams are getting better.

More Pii's are coming. Talking about doing Social Media events to give them rather than just stream events. Sounds cool. Renewal Challenge Dungeons are also coming between events. Did japan get those?

Puzzle & Dragons Thousand Day Event, Part 2
[Duration]: 8/16 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 8/23 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Thousand Day Event is turning into quite the festival! With both a new collab and Challenge series, we had to round out the event with some more surprises! ■① Daily Login Bonuses
8/16 - 8/23 - 1 free TAMADRA
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.
■② Yamato Challenge!
The newest Challenge Series arrives with a series of Descended Dungeons taken straight from Japanese lore! Special rewards are available for each floor of the Challenge. Look for more details in our upcoming announcement post!
8/15 - 8/23 - Yamato Challenge!
■③ A Festive Bonfire!
Sword of Flames and Arboreal Encounter are opened to provide skill-ups for Phoenix Knight, Meimei, and Sarutobi Sasuke. Farm them while you can!
8/14 - 8/16 - Sword of Flames
8/21 - 8/23 - Arboreal Encounter
■④ Holy Beast Hunting
Now that Awoken forms are coming out in full force, Spirit Jewels are more necessary than ever! Run Gift from the Holy Beasts to collect one!
8/17 - 8/23 - Gift from the Holy Beasts
8/7 - 8/23 - Experience of a Lifetime
■⑤ Special Event Content
The originals show us why they’re still King and Queen.
8/14 - 8/16 - Zeus & Hera Descended!
■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 8/7 to 8/23!
See here for details:
8/16 - Beelzebub Descended!
8/17 - The Thief Descended!
8/18 - Noah Descended!
8/19 - Cauchemar Descended!
8/20 - Hera-Is Descended!
8/21 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
8/22 - The Goddess Descended!
8/22 - Tengu!!!
8/23 - Aamir Descended!
8/23 - Xuanzang Descended!
■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
8/7 - 8/23 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons [begins at 8/15 (Sat), 12PM PDT, extends until 8/24 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
Fusion Bonus:
2.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2.5x Skill Up rate
No Blue Sprite, no Sphinx, no free stones. Ugh.

Guess Awoken Isis and Andro skillups will have to wait.

yami4ct

No Blue Sprite, no Sphinx, no free stones. Ugh.

Guess Awoken Isis and Andro skillups will have to wait.

No Mejedra either. Ugh. I suspect we'll see both those when A. Isis actually hits. Damn. I wanted them ahead of time. Guess I can at least make sure to hoard evo mats for them.

We're getting 4 free stones from the stream, so at least the stone train is sort of rolling still. Not really too happy about Part 2 being tamas, but I'll use them. Guess those stones will go to my one courtesy Summer roll.

razterik

The reset is it a second one? So you can do a second triangle or w/e or do you lose the first BFF?

It's a second BFF. You keep your first one.

I beat Sonia Gran for the first time. I copied a Ultimate Goemon team I saw on YouTube with Durga instead of Lu Bu. My Goemon was unskilled so I was lucky that I was able to stall a few turns to get him up for the boss. Everyone else was max skilled. I used Howie's hyper maxed Goemon as the other leader.

Nice clear! Glad I could help. Getting that first floor red absorb dragon is a total pain, though.

And you haven't used your BF yet? I've got some sweet leads, heh heh.

Haven't gotten to watch the stream yet, ready for the pain while I farm nonexistent piis in a bit.

More Tamadras instead of stones. WHYYYY

No Mejedra either. Ugh. I suspect we'll see both those when A. Isis actually hits. Damn. I wanted them ahead of time. Guess I can at least make sure to hoard evo mats for them.

We're getting 4 free stones from the stream, so at least the stone train is sort of rolling still. Not really too happy about Part 2 being tamas, but I'll use them. Guess those stones will go to my one courtesy Summer roll.
I managed to pick up Mejedra during the Descend challenge last time. But I was too busy with 3x normals to bother with Sphinx and I figured it would return in short order.

I'll have to grind out some of the new coin dungeons for extra stones so I can try my luck at the beach REM.

jay23

This was probably their best stream(even though they had a lot of audio issues) we finally get a free pii + some tamadras and stones.

I'm not sure who Mr.S is but he should be the one competing all the challenges.

Congrats I just saw this Goemon team on reddit for Zeus and Hera.

Zeus and Hera Descended || ゼウス&ヘラ 降臨!: http://youtu.be/gordwKXDAEk

I'm missing yamato and belial don't know who I can sub instead.

You get a second BFF to choose, and keep any BFFs you had before.

Still haven't used my current BFF. Parvati in slot 1, A.Neptune in slot 2, usually run A.Horus, will probably switch to Asmo=Deus when her ult comes out.

Top Bottom