• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hsieh

Are there certain God fests (or REM Monsters specifically) beginners should particularly save their stones for?

I kind of want the other Egyptians because I think they have some of the cooler designs D;

If you're going to hoard stones for a Godfest, the best Godfest to wait for is the Player's Choice Godfest. The Player's Choice Godfest is a Godfest of the most popular cards which are also typically the most powerful. The Player's Choice Godfest also has 30 gods instead of the usual 10 which increases the chance that you'll roll a god overall, but with a smaller chance of rolling any specific god.

razterik

Summer Awilda and pirate dragons in next coin dungeon rotation for easy access to skill ups. Great!

...NA beach update fails to include pirate dragon skill countdown reduction.

*bangs head against wall*

Noaloha

Enough stones for two pulls!

To kick things off....

a star egg!
Verche.
Get in the bin you shit.

next

Gold..?!

Lakshmi.
Okay, cool. I guess. She seems to fit neatly into the same pattern that describes most of my box: a good card if you have certain other cards that I don't have.

yami4ct

Remember how I said I wouldn't pull? I'm a damn lier. Pulled 3. 2nd Liu Bei, 2nd Rodin, and a Exa-Hydra. 2 Liu Bei's now and I still don't have a damn green board changer. What team am I supposed to make? Bastet/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Vishnu/(Ceres/Kush)/Bastet? Seems like a good way to not have the orbs you need.

Having 2 Liu Beis and nothing to do with them is frustrating as hell. 2 Rodins will probably be nice for a silly farm squad.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Remember how I said I wouldn't pull? I'm a damn lier. Pulled 3. 2nd Liu Bei, 2nd Rodin, and a Exa-Hydra. 2 Liu Bei's now and I still don't have a damn green board changer. What team am I supposed to make? Bastet/Liu Bei/Liu Bei/Vishnu/(Ceres/Kush)/Bastet? Seems like a good way to not have the orbs you need.

Having 2 Liu Beis and nothing to do with them is frustrating as hell. 2 Rodins will probably be nice for a silly farm squad.
Very good pulls...you will have have more use of the 2nd Liu Bei down the line.

You could use both of them in a Vishnu team..if you also have GZL you can destroy many descs with that Attacker squad from what I've seen.

Or be a good MP sacrifice~
If you are an ultra whale.... Sure xD

yami4ct

Very good pulls...you will have have more use of the 2nd Liu Bei down the line.

You could use both of them in a Vishnu team..if you also have GZL you can destroy many descs with that Attacker squad from what I've seen.

I know I'll be really happy with 2x Liu Bei later, but it's kind of frustrating to be one green sub away from something fantastic. I only have a chibi GZL on my US account, so I suppose i'll just keep waiting to pull a Verd or MeiMei. I have 2x of one of the best subs in the game and practically nothing to do with them since my green card collection is so weirdly scattershot.

My JP account actually has a GZL. Once again my JP account has what my US account could use and vice versa. Haha.

razterik

There's always Cauchemar. He can combo with Liu Bei if necessary. Not ideal and investment intensive, but you have a strong enough team that I wouldn't leave it idle unless you have much better options elsewhere.

Fell one short of max skill Sandalphon while farming blue jewels. Boo.

3x normals returning this weekend? Cool. Won't go as hard as last time, though. Box is too full.

I know there is no definitive strategy but after getting trolled terribly last three godfests I need some kinda strategy/superstition/technique for my pulls tomorrow. Have 40 stones and I want a bastet so bad. Anything please tell me!

Kwhit10

I skipped the last godfest since I was tired of being trolled. So 5 pulls I saved up.

1. Fairlion... Against my better judgement I'll keep going.
2. Metatron!
3. Verdandi!!
4. Lu Bu!!! I've been wanting him forever for my beelz/Ronia team.
5. Ars nova

Couldn't be happier.

J0dy77

Didn't think the Godfest started until tonight but saw the Godfest banner and decided to check. Oh nice, it's live... First roll fold egg, nice... Wait

ApMcDzG.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Pulled four more times just because. Got a whole bunch of crap (can't believe mystic Knights are still in the rem) and an Urd.

Don't even care about the wasted rolls. So happy to have l. Kali. She is beautiful. Time for me to update my avatar.

I even have a snowglobe and two light piis with her name on them.

LuffyZoro

I decided to pull until not gold, and then use the rest of my pulls tomorrow. Of course, because I decided that I ended up rolling 5 golds in a row and using up all my stones, lol.

• Parvati
  • Fuu
  • GGY
  • Cao Cao
  • Freyr

Can Fuu be used on my LZL team? Most of the rest of the pulls are good (except GGY lol), but I have bad wood and fire boxes, so I'm not sure I could put them to use.

Quantum

- I don't have the urgency to pull anymore which is a pretty great thing.
- have 25 stones from recent gameplay, not sure if I will use to put together another team or pull in summer sillyness against terrible odds.
- done with most content and really don't care about cheap stone eating dungeons.
- A.shiva and A.ra basically ended the game for me in the sense that I really don't care about my other teams anymore.
- not a lot of new changes to the game which is unusual.

- ready for puzzle and dragons 2 (lol)

Well, against my better judgment, I decided to do one pull. Then two. Then 7. Here are the results:

Once you pop, the fun don't stop. Not till the aftermath that is, as your stomach sinks from all the terrible stuff you've pulled...Fortunately you should be fine from that second part.

I decided to pul until not gold, and then use the rest of my pulls tomorrow. Of course, because I decided that I ended up rolling 5 golds in a row and using up all my stones, lol.

• Parvati
  • Fuu
  • GGY
  • Cao Cao
  • Freyr

Can Fuu be used on my LZL team? Most of the rest of the pulls are good (except GGY lol), but I have bad wood and fire boxes, so I'm not sure I could put them to use.

Fuu can work. Fuu has a row on her if you're going for light rows instead of prongs, a skill bind resist and some auto healing. While she won't save the day if your team needs help getting back to full hp, she could help you stall long enough for active healing to do it or make a lot of light orbs with Valkyrie Rose. Down side is she doesn't have a lot of HP, easier to heal up to full with actives due to lower HP but doesn't help if you die to a preempt. She also lacks a prong, so she doesn't help as much on clearing trash. Lastly, unless you saved up a million papa wafermans from the last collab, Fuu's cooldowns are a tad on the long side.

I like Fuu more on Light Metatron's team as she'll help Fuu terrible HP pool with Fuu in return helping to stall for actives thanks to autohealing along with emergency heart making. She is also a way to get rid of wood orbs if you have too many as DQ can't.

J0dy77

What does TPA mean?

Two Prong Attack - matching four (and only four) of the same color orbs does 1.5x damage per awakening. It's one of the stronger awakenings in the game and the basis for a lot of the higher end teams.

Fun fact: Light Kali has two - TPA awakenings. :)

jay23

3 pulls couldn't control the urge lol really wanted liu bei or cao cao. It's so risky for me to pull during 3k I already have most, including 3 sun quan.

Shining dragon swordsman(eh)
Phoenix rider
Anubis(dupe)

Phoenix rider could possibly join my awoken Shiva team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh yeah Yamato Challenge starts tomorrow this should be fu....

Restriction: Awoken skills will be disabled

...damn on all stages :-/

@Rixa
Hope you had luck with your pulls this time.

I know I'll be really happy with 2x Liu Bei later, but it's kind of frustrating to be one green sub away from something fantastic. I only have a chibi GZL on my US account, so I suppose i'll just keep waiting to pull a Verd or MeiMei. I have 2x of one of the best subs in the game and practically nothing to do with them since my green card collection is so weirdly scattershot.

My JP account actually has a GZL. Once again my JP account has what my US account could use and vice versa. Haha.
Heh i know what you mean its the same for me and my water units - i have BValk/Muse/U&Y/Blodin and have been waiting for months to pull Skuld...it just wont happen, which is weird since at some point all i was getting were Blue Gods.

Lets just hope you get Verdandi the next time...still sucks when you are missing that one puzzle piece to complete a set.
I skipped the last godfest since I was tired of being trolled. So 5 pulls I saved up.

1. Fairlion... Against my better judgement I'll keep going.
2. Metatron!
3. Verdandi!!
4. Lu Bu!!! I've been wanting him forever for my beelz/Ronia team.
5. Ars nova

Couldn't be happier.
Congrats - some very nice pulls :eek:
Good that you kept on going after you initial pull.
Didn't think the Godfest started until tonight but saw the Godfest banner and decided to check. Oh nice, it's live... First roll fold egg, nice... Wait
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

I even have a snowglobe and two light piis with her name on them.
My man - congrats on LKali her UEvo is one of the best looking cards in the game xD
Do you plan on using Piis on her ? You could just farm Friday dungeon until skills rotate again unless you need to ger her action ready asap.
Well, against my better judgment, I decided to do one pull. Then two. Then 7. Here are the results:
Not a single bad pull - wow congrats Gacha Gods were on your side this time. You have a lot of good units you can work on now.
Pulled an Indra and some crap. Any chance awoken Indra is on the way?
Indra just recently got his 2nd Uevo - Awoken Version will probably take a while unless im missing something.

iamtheb

Went ahead and pulled three times today.

-Evil Knight, Creuse (Dupe)
-Shiva (Dupe)
-Grodin

I'm happy. In terms of dupes, Shiva is a good one to pull.

Quantum

ok, so I'm going to post this because I don't actually believe it.

after about 3-4 weeks of using my daily stamina on the alt coin dungeons looking for a flampy this happened.

- no stones used
- ranked up during my run and was able to run the alt hyperion (24 sta) dungeon 12 times.

- sixth run flampy drops
- eigth run flampy drops
- eleventh run flampy drops.

while I didn't think to take a pic for the first, the second and third I did take a pic to show the time difference.

- every flampy I saw this morning dropped.
- I haven't even seen a flampy in a week or two.

I'm still a little shocked.

coy

Some good pulls I'm seeing which is always nice. And Jody, the same thing happened to me last gf. Once L.Kali appeared, I didn't care what else I got as I was ecstatic. Grats!

I have 3 from each pantheon but would love Indra, Cao Cao, or Sun Quan so I'll yoro later in the day.

Edit: Damn wtf 3 flampys?! Outstanding!

ccbfan

Promised myself not to pull until all the crap is removed from REM (So even an absolute failed pull is 3000 MP) but you guys are tempting me like crazy.

Must not buckle.

Sukospin

1) DQXQ (dupe)
2) Green Sonia
3) Isis
4) Fenir Knight (dupe)

This is good. Mostly happy about Isis as it's another option for unbinds. L.Kali still evades.

J0dy77

My man - congrats on LKali her UEvo is one of the best looking cards in the game xD
Do you plan on using Piis on her ? You could just farm Friday dungeon until skills rotate again unless you need to ger her action ready asap.

I'll have to decide. I don't have a ton of mobs to use the light Piis on. I already maxed Izanagi with them. Not sure I have the patience for the skills to rotate again. I have to let the excitement die down before I feed them.

Some good pulls I'm seeing which is always nice. And Jody, the same thing happened to me last gf. Once L.Kali appeared, I didn't care what else I got as I was ecstatic. Grats!!

So pumped. Horus and Ra teams just got so much stronger.

So where can I get the best light stamina mobs to feed to Kali? Just need to get her to 50 to feed the globe.

Since 2am last night I've run 7 runs of the damn dub sprite dungeon for a blue-dub.

Finally got it and evolved my blonia. Now I've got nothing to use her with but at least I have her... I mean outside of blodin what subs does she even have?

jay23

Since 2am last night I've run 7 runs of the damn dub sprite dungeon for a blue-dub.

Finally got it and evolved my blonia. Now I've got nothing to use her with but at least I have her... I mean outside of blodin what subs does she even have?

Ha I'm in the same position, I've read somewhere that she's pretty much useless without blodin.
Other sub's are amon and hermes she's very rem dependent her only farmable sub is king bubblie. Not sure if a non rem team is even viable.

Ducarmel

Dont forget about Karin

At least the meta for her team sort of went away from having to need 3 blodins.

Skuld and Siegfried are other option.

Gungho need to fix her leader skill, maybe give her the D meta treatment by allowing her leader skill to work on a second type. God type would add to her sub pool. Still REM dependent but not so strict.

Ha I'm in the same position, I've read somewhere that she's pretty much useless without blodin.
Other sub's are amon and hermes she's very rem dependent her only farmable sub is king bubblie. Not sure if a non rem team is even viable.
Blonia's biggest issue isn't being REM dependent. The meta has passed her by. 6.25x with a ton of rows just doesn't hold up very well, especially if you have to stall for a bunch of actives to get your 1-2 big burst(s).

Other than more RCV (which is overkill without more HP anyway), Lakshmi does the tankish, blue row team better since she hits considerably harder.

smbu2000

Just tried out that new Descend, what is it Yoruzu? Don't know the English name. (edit: Just saw that it apparently is Jord.) Cleared Mythical on my first try at it. Helps that most of the characters are wood (besides Fenrir Knight, Kamui) and I was using my Vegito team. Boss doesn't have a delay block either although she knocks your cooldown down by 2 turns at the start of the battle. Will try Legendary when I get more stamina.

Had a terrible time trying to do Challenge Level 10. I threw in my devolved Susano for the 5 turn damage reduction. Unfortunately his stats are really low and I haven't used any tamadras on him which really hurt my Ra team when I got to Shiva. I really wanted the flampy though so I had to continue. I can't wait until I evolve the mats to make him into Awoken Susano. Then he will be very helpful.

Still need to finish off Challenge Level 9. I was running Goemon and a bit of Zeus Mercury today for plus eggs. I've gotten my Kite up to almost 200 plus eggs. He is severely lacking HP eggs though. Thankfully the 10x drop rate will continue during the second half of the event and 3x normal dungeons as well. Nice!

Cleared Mercury for the first time on my iPad as well. Hadn't tried it before as I don't need him for anything. My iPhone is the one with the two Neptunes.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Still, they haven't removed all the farmable crap from the REM.

I highly recommend you guys not pulling any time before they implemente JP server REM lineup.

And save stones for SVL tomorrow.

coy

I'll have to decide. I don't have a ton of mobs to use the light Piis on. I already maxed Izanagi with them. Not sure I have the patience for the skills to rotate again. I have to let the excitement die down before I feed them.

So pumped. Horus and Ra teams just got so much stronger.

So where can I get the best light stamina mobs to feed to Kali? Just need to get her to 50 to feed the globe.
Alt coin dungeon perhaps? The rotation switched in a couple days so it'll be a free stone while you're at it.
Still, they haven't removed all the farmable crap from the REM.

I highly recommend you guys not pulling any time before they implemente JP server REM lineup.

And save stones for SVL tomorrow.
3x normal also starts tomorrow as well at noon PDT.

Top Bottom