• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

I'm not so hopeful. Even if she appears later, she's going to be even further crowded out from the meta and fewer people will go in for her. No friends, no use. And what am I supposed to do with summer chibi garbage and my already existing box clutter until whenever the hell GungHo deems us worthy and "mature" enough for MP shop?

This is a mess that could have been mitigated with a little forethought and communication.

razterik

Sorry, I dropped the 1.25 out of convenience. Try it again with +99 ATK (+495). Plus eggs make the difference and I assume you would max out that stat on something with that many TPAs.

2200x1.25x1.5x1.5x1.5=9281
1495x1.25x1.5x1.5x1.5x1.5=9460

razterik

Liu Bei? As neat as quadruple TPA is, I'm not entirely sure where Orochi fits. He seems like a situational leader at best. Maybe Lakshmi and Skuld can use him, but I'm not sure if the active is doing those teams many favors when you have to drop offense for it. Will have to see what he pops up in.

Rixa

@Godfest

Maybe one pull on Day 2 for Osiris/Skuld or Isis. But probably not.

@Summer REM

Maybe im missing something but what makes Summer DValk so great ? What kind of kick ass team team could you run with her as a leader ? Probably wont pull but i would love to get Summer Gronia.

^^

For me its better to do pulls on first day right?
Thanks to clearing Hera I opened Two Towers, which was littlebit surprise cause I thought its going to open after Starlight Sacntuary.

Well, I know were Iam going to farm in the future. Did two runs there for 2 gems, sadly got the Berserk drop on both times. My Berserk is already max skilled from Poring Tower.

Anyways, thanks to those clearings I have now 40 stones, which ofc means more pulls on GFest. Things are looking good, going to post pics when I make those GFest pulls so you all can laugh again to my luck :D.

linsivvi

Liu Bei? As neat as quadruple TPA is, I'm not entirely sure where Orochi fits. He seems like a situational leader at best. Maybe Lakshmi and Skuld can use him, but I'm not sure if the active is doing those teams many favors when you have to drop offense for it. Will have to see what he pops up in.

Actually it's gonna be Orochi since I don't have any other blue REM monster of note and I am using it in my Horus team now. Even at 20 turns I could pull off the active with a defensive build with Echidna and Izanami at some challenge dungeons so 15 turns is even better.

Might change if I can pull something great soon.

I guess as a leader it's best used against those dungeons with a huge preempt? Orochi with Bastet should do wonder.

razterik

Awoken Orochi isn't devil or god for Horus boost, though? I suppose it doesn't matter much if he's your best option.

Hero buff is leader skill now starts at 4 orbs instead of 6. 2x ATK probably. Eh, easier to clear trash, but that wasn't too hard anyway. If top end gets reduced from 8 orbs to 6, much better.

Next MP shop thing is Odin Dragon. Active is 10 turns for 50% heal, 5 turn unbind, 1 turn haste. Unbindable, 3k auto heal in uevo. Leader skill is 1.5x ATK/RCV for god type and same full health damage reduction as Grodin. All utility card, meh. Maybe possible to double Odin Dragon grind things to death, yuck.

New survey for uevos coming.

Quantum

I'm not so hopeful. Even if she appears later, she's going to be even further crowded out from the meta and fewer people will go in for her. No friends, no use. And what am I supposed to do with summer chibi garbage and my already existing box clutter until whenever the hell GungHo deems us worthy and "mature" enough for MP shop?

This is a mess that could have been mitigated with a little forethought and communication.

well said,

- it is nice that the REM is coming quickly, but since its largely a money grab without the benefit of the MP store it feels a little scummy without explanation.
- the lack of communication and this kind of treatment will be the games downfall in the US.

J0dy77

I don't have any of the Indian 1.0 cards and need lu bei/cacao. Disappointment meter rising steadily. I'm going to dump 5 rolls of frustration into this one. :)

raiot

If the Hero leader skill really is 16x with 6 orbs it increases their topend dmg dramatically...
With a Perfect board you can now have 3 rows instead of 2...

Orochi looks nice. Kind of disappointed in the active skill. I'd hoped they'd do something more interesting with it. But those awakenings are pretty great, so I'm sure I'll find a use for him.

J0dy77

Orochi looks nice. Kind of disappointed in the active skill. I'd hoped they'd do something more interesting with it. But those awakenings are pretty great, so I'm sure I'll find a use for him.

Overall I like it but as Linsivii just proved it's really not all that amazing from the 4 x TPA perspective. Why not just give him real stats and another awakening instead of a 4th TPA? Seems like they did it more for the wow factor. Still a pretty huge upgrade no matter what. But again they dropped the God attribute, will be hard for me to slot them.

So far all of the really good awakenings I would look to use, Haku/Perspehone/Viper/Susano have been ruined by sub-type changes away from God and Devil.

Quantum

Overall I like it but as Linsivii just proved it's really not all that amazing from the 4 x TPA perspective. Why not just give him real stats and another awakening instead of a 4th TPA? Seems like they did it more for the wow factor. Still a pretty huge upgrade no matter what. But again they dropped the God attribute, will be hard for me to slot them.

So far all of the really good awakenings I would look to use, Haku/Perspehone/Viper/Susano have been ruined by sub-type changes away from God and Devil.

as mentioned above 4 2 prongs = 8 = 8 headed monster.

Its cool that they put a ton of thought into the cards, but they also nerfed the attack to keep him within reason.

hermit7

Seems like they nerfed his attack just to give him the "one prong per head" thing. That's fine. He's still gonna be a killer sub. Cosmo should have some fun with him on a Summer Urd squad.

I wonder if Orochi will be a sub that really vaults Isis into being a decent lead. On active skill activation she gets 20.25 same as Shiva and leveraging TPA rather than rows makes it easier to hit her activation. (Not that 3 colors is hard)

Add in Blodin, BValk, and find a fire sub somewhere and you have lots of utility and some decent damage output.

xCobalt

mgWzS0z.png

Got this for 1000th day login. Base 10,000,000 exp feed!

Yeah the subtypes aren't great for me either. I was hoping for attacker so he would fit on my SS Isis team. He'll still be a good sub, but I won't get any stat boosts.

I'm curious to see if anyone makes use of his leader skill. I feel like I have the right subs with high RCV and TPA to make use of it (Blodin, BValk, U&Y, etc).

coy

I've been a lot better at not having the urge to collect everything, but I'll probably end up keeping the 1000 day tama as a trophy.

razterik

The wait for Awoken Isis on NA server is fucking killing me.

Should be soonish or whenever they feel like it.

Heroes update didn't lower top cap, still 8 orbs for 16x. It's nothing worth getting excited over at all.

A.Susano is only 20% damage reduction and it takes 8 combo(!) to get A.Orochi to 16x. Wow, disappointment all around. Neptune Dragon at 11 orbs for 36x is a little weird, but still strong.

coy

Should be soonish or whenever they feel like it.

Heroes update didn't lower top cap, still 8 orbs for 16x. It's nothing worth getting excited over at all.

A.Susano is only 20% damage reduction and it takes 8 combo(!) to get A.Orochi to 16x. Wow, disappointment all around. Neptune Dragon at 11 orbs for 36x is a little weird, but still strong.
20%? Man, that kinda puts a damper on my excitement. And wow, they are theming Orochi with the 8s which is kinda cool.

Osiris thirsts for the skillups but still stuck at 1. This is painful.

yami4ct

With the constant power creep, maybe Awoken evolutions of the Heroes will boost them from 16x to 25x.

Would make sense. I could also see them completely changing Heroes by changing their leader requirement. Maybe they get a bi-color boost. Main color works exactly the same as their original LS, but then they get an extra multiplier if you match a secondary color. Would be a way to power creep them while making their active a little bit harder still to pull off.

Would make sense. I could also see them completely changing Heroes by changing their leader requirement. Maybe they get a bi-color boost. Main color works exactly the same as their original LS, but then they get an extra multiplier if you match a secondary color. Would be a way to power creep them while making their active a little bit harder still to pull off.
Angel 2.0 is crying in the corner

yami4ct

Angel 2.0 is crying in the corner

They would be similar, but my image of the new Heroes would still be row based whereas the Angel 2.0s are more flexible (and more suited to 2-prong, I guess).

Also, Angel 2.0's are already crying in the corner. Gung-Ho still haven't even tried to fix them. I honestly doubt they'll ever rise beyond situational subs.

jay23

Thinking of giving Sonia gran a shot tomorrow either with awoken Shiva or kirin team.

Also here's to hoping our next update includes a bunch of the new and missing uevos.

LuffyZoro

I tried to see if there was some clears with LZL but i could not find any

A Tinnin clear is the closest thing I found to a LZL type leader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbF-JEnASw

If everything goes in your favor the only stone you will spend is on the Dios preemptive.

I actually just found a 0 stone clear with a team pretty similar to mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe1FpfLlvn0

I have a Kushi, the only one I don't have is L.Meta. However, it seems like his cards are max skilled and pretty heavily plussed, so I don't know I could do the same.

razterik

Do I have any hope of beating God Rush? I'm willing to spend a couple of stones so I can get Gaia for Awoken Hades.

Gaia isn't anywhere near a guaranteed drop in God Rush. The Descend carnival guerrilla dungeon is easier and better drop rate if you can wait till that appears. Could be a month or longer.

LuffyZoro

Gaia isn't anywhere near a guaranteed drop in God Rush. The Descend carnival guerrilla dungeon is easier and better drop rate if you can wait till that appears. Could be a month or longer.

Hmm, alright. I'm really not confident in my ability to run it atm, so I guess I'll wait.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are there certain God fests (or REM Monsters specifically) beginners should particularly save their stones for?

I kind of want the other Egyptians because I think they have some of the cooler designs D;

Ducarmel

Are you looking for subs or leaders?

Subs it will always depend on who your main leader is, so I cant really say what subs to go after.

Leaders well if we are talking about a true beginner, there are plenty of beginner friendly cards for all types of gamplay. Unconditional mono type leaders like Red Sonia or Lu bu are great. Then you have hp conditional leaders like the Norns. Combo leaders in Bastet and Osiris, and match orb color type like DQXQ, Hathor, Nephthys, Set and L Kali.

Are there certain God fests (or REM Monsters specifically) beginners should particularly save their stones for?

I kind of want the other Egyptians because I think they have some of the cooler designs D;

Isis is a great sub for Horus and a decent leader in her own right. The rest are primarily used as leaders.

Any time the two Kalis are at 3x rates are worth a shot at rolling. Both of them are great rainbow subs, and L.Kali a very good rainbow leader.

coy

I am so bad about that, I feel the need to keep everything in my monster box.
I finally had to break free from the collector clutches. I just had clutter in my box that was doing nothing.
Only 1 drop for me in 5 runs and its a +egg. I think I value the +1 more than going 0/1 and I don't want a +1 Osiris.
I spent a stone and have done over a dozen runs today. All I can show for it is going 0/2. Several popped up, almost 1 in every run. Having them drop was another story. I may give up this dream of a max skill Osiris if this weekend is as disappointing as today. And to think, I have Set at sl5 after only 7 feeds. Wish that luck transferred over.

Top Bottom