• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Re: Goemon farming and Rodins

Yamato with his triple skill boost is a fine substitute if you have him. Ronia isn't bad, Lu Bu also works well. Vritra has skill boosts and can be used with Goemon to nuke floors 6 and 7. Keep your damage total in mind if you start using off color subs, have to be able to oneshot Zeus.

That team has three max skill Goemon, one for each boss floor in KotG and enough skill boost to be up after three matches. If you're short one Goemon, you need something to get/stay under the threshold for floor 8 and a red orb or board change. If Goemons aren't max skill, you have to stall anyway so skill boosts are less important. Satan can keep your HP in check, but you need HP to survive synced mobs and must watch attack damage carefully at first.

Max skilling 2 Goemon sounds....not fun. Either throw in a bunch of Piis or even more Red Jewels for farming his ult. I doubt I'm gonna invest in that. I guess stalling on the first couple floors wouldn't be too bad. Knowing that, would Goemon/Goemon/Rodin/Rodin/Yamato/Goemon still be the best bet? Gives 25k base HP, so that gives a bit of wiggle room on the early stall before you drop your HP and go for the kills.

Second BFF is gonna be a tough one, I have a lot of teams I want to work on hyper maxing but they're all different colors. I've invested a lot of eggs into my light units so far and a complete switch to another color is gonna mean I need to be happy with that team as I'm going to be with them for awhile. Right now for friend and main leaders it's: L.meta, a hyper maxed A.Venus and Ame no Uzume/Bastet in BFF slot. I'm thinking to drop Venus as a 2nd friend slot to make room for Asmo/Durage/Hathor as my BFF and Bastet/Ame for Friend lead two. So it'd be:

1) L.Meta
2)Ame/Bastet
BFF)Asmo/Durga

With Awoken Venus appearing on some days like Hera-Sowilo or Sandalphon.

razterik

Max skilling 2 Goemon sounds....not fun. Either throw in a bunch of Piis or even more Red Jewels for farming his ult. I doubt I'm gonna invest in that. I guess stalling on the first couple floors wouldn't be too bad. Knowing that, would Goemon/Goemon/Rodin/Rodin/Yamato/Goemon still be the best bet? Gives 25k base HP, so that gives a bit of wiggle room on the early stall before you drop your HP and go for the kills.

12 skill boosts is enough that unskilled Goemon will be up by the time you reach boss floors since you're bound to take more than one turn on the first floor at least. Can be hard to speed through early floors if you overheal, though. Use Rodins to clear a couple floors once your Goemons are close to being available. That's enough HP for anything except synced green ogres, but those go down easy with regular red matches. Check your damage and make sure you can finish Zeus with one full red board, no extra combos or enhanced orbs.

Kwhit10

344,231,384 k@gaf

I usually have
1) lkali max skill
2) UY max skill
3) Beelzebub

If anyone still looking for triangle partners.

yami4ct

12 skill boosts is enough that unskilled Goemon will be up by the time you reach boss floors since you're bound to take more than one turn on the first floor at least. Can be hard to speed through early floors if you overheal, though. Use Rodins to clear a couple floors once your Goemons are close to being available. That's enough HP for anything except synced green ogres, but those go down easy with regular red matches. Check your damage and make sure you can finish Zeus with one full red board, no extra combos or enhanced orbs.

Hmmm. I must be doing something wrong. With plus eggs only on the friend Goemon, I reach only 2.37 million. Doing calculations for his party, I still don't make 5 million.

Fake edit:

Wait, I didn't calculate row boost. That gets me to almost 6 million without +s. More than enough. Definitely building this team now. This team is silly. Would annihilate almost any dungeon with no pre-emptizes given the right setup. I knew Goemon was strong, but I didn't expect him to be this strong.

Jagernaut

I just used Awoken Ra for the first time in Challenge dungeon lv 8. He is ridiculously strong and even more so in no rcv dungeons. The first time I made the mistake of having Awoken Horus in the last sub slot and was therefore unable to ko Raphael in 5 turns because of the dark absorb. I tried again with Awoken Bastet as a sub instead and one hit ko'ed Raphael without using any skills.

100x is amazing, 5 million + hp bosses go down in one hit. I need shynpys to skill him up, I used them all to max skill Awoken Venus. I just lack the Kali's to make a great team.

TLZOYvg.jpg

FZZ

Banned
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=372

EVA new ult art, so this is probably coming soonish.

Shinji B/R? Nice for blue Urd. Or vice versa.
Not sure on Rei, doesn't look like she's light at all anymore. Red, blue, or dark?
Misato also looks darker, but I doubt she's changing elements because of her skill.

Hope these are good enough that I can use them now.

Misato got me through early, mid, and mid-late game when I first started the game.

I hope they do her justice. Would be really fun to start using her again.

coy

I was almost able to farm a full +297 (too many HP and not enough ATK) this weekend from continuous play. Between watching cooking shows and Daredevil with my gf and making sure the baby is entertained, I'm pretty happy with the results. I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 stones spent (likely 6), but this is a welcome sight. Gonna repeat the process next weekend before deciding which 2 will be getting the +egg love.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kinda disappointing that units like Kirin can get a bunch of evolutions while GungHo lets other units like RGY who could need an upgrade die. Often feels like the strong and popluar units keep getting stronger at a faster pace than other units.

quickmemo_2015-08-16-zmslr.png

I failed Challenge Lvl 9 a couple of times last week because of stupid mistakes and havent tried again for a couple of days. Tried it again and cleared it on my first try without stoning/issues. Lesson learned...sometimes i just need to take a break from attempting the more difficult stuff.

Edit:

Looking at the BFF posts here....seems like no one here plays Sara as their main - sad stuff xD

zoku88

I decided to roll a bunch thanks to taht discounted $50 apple gift card thing.

The only decent rolls I got were awilda, tsukuyomi and lilith. Everything else was pretty trash

cw_sasuke

I dont know where you can check the current - but is it true that Verdandi is leading the Uevo Vote in JPN ? That would be great.

So i guess a regular REM God (Kirin), a Godfest exclusive (Verdandi) and a farmable God ( D. Izanami last time) can win ?

First twenty rolls were good. Should have stopped. Chasing Bikini Tron, Claire, or dupe beach Urd afterwards didn't work out so well.

Summer Beach Gronia...sweet - hope you have some use for her.

razterik

I don't think she's that useful, unfortunately. Maybe the worst good roll outside Chester. And her art stinks. I might put her on my A.Bastet or A.Parvati teams if I ever run them, but her active takes too long when I can use A.MeiMei instead.

I'd feel a lot better about my last 30+ rolls if I could turn them into points towards a nice looking Valkyrie in a bikini. Wonder how that could be done, EH GUNGHO NA.

Ducarmel

Claire is to rare for me to spend my stones I don't want to even yolo, for NA I just might stop all rem rolls until mp shop is implemented or if dbz comes lol.

Even though I did get Bikinitron and 2 mini golds in summer rem on my jp account now I kind of regret pulling seeing the Eva revival.

For BF renewal

Right now I run Bastet, Shiva, Ronia/Lu bu, sometimes L Kali, Valk, Minerva, Venus, I do have Lakshmi/Skuld/Sarsvati for a blue squad but I don't know if I will ever work on them

In the future depending how committed I am willing to train and get dark pii for skill ups I may run Awoken Anubis and Zaerog Infinite when they come out. I am seriously considering not using Ronia/Lubu as leaders.

Zero_IYAD

I really don't want any specific monster at this point in the game, I just pull each new machine a few times for a few trophies:

tumblr_nt860tosrK1srgzyyo2_400.jpg

Pandora looks nice :>

Illucio

Banned
Yolo spent $20 and rolled. All trash, don't bother with this REM people it's a trap!

I could had bought 2 good Final Fantasy games for my phone instead. >.>

Just rolled five times. 1 gold, 4 silver.
Two chibi Karins (dupes from Xmas REM)
Two chibi Haku (dupes from Xmas REM)
Chibi Valkyrie (dupes from Xmas REM)

Good news though. Got summer Hera to drop.
But really feeling a bit bummed out from the REMs lately.

I dont know where you can check the current - but is it true that Verdandi is leading the Uevo Vote in JPN ? That would be great.

So i guess a regular REM God (Kirin), a Godfest exclusive (Verdandi) and a farmable God ( D. Izanami last time) can win ?
No way to check the official standings, but sites have been using straw polls which have been accurate predictors of winners in past surveys. Right now Verdandi and Sakuya are dominating their respective categories, while Noah is leading hers by a few points.

I've got 2 Rodins now, so I'm thinking of making something similar to this for lol fast farming. What would I replace the 3 Rodin with, though? Should I be looking for another Goemon or is something else a better choice? Maybe a Ronia.
You don't even need to build it if you're just farming KoG. Just run it in challenge mode if you have the friends for it. Then you'd only need a single max-skilled Goemon. Ult Rodin would've been more useful getting a single extra skill boost instead of all those other awakenings.

Anyone use Awoken Ra, Kali, Kirin, or Verdandi? Need a best friend.
I've got the first 3 hypered and Verdandi max level/skilled. The only one I run regularly is Ra, but I can switch in others on request. My slot 2 is Ronia but I have no problem switching her since only BFs can even use that slot. My hyper Rodin is almost permanently up.

cw_sasuke

Finally got the Light Izanami drop, don't really need her right now but cool that she finally dropped.

No way to check the official standings, but sites have been using straw polls which have been accurate predictors of winners in past surveys. Right now Verdandi and Sakuya are dominating their respective categories, while Noah is leading hers by a few points.
Great to hear, thanks for the explanation.

When is the BFF reset supposed to happen? I still haven't picked my first one yet.

I usually have Ronia in my first slot and rotate between A. Bastet/A. Ra/LKali/Verdandi/Lu Bu, if anyone is interested in a triangle before the reset happens. My second slot is open to anything you want.

0AKA@GAF / 380,362,254

did you find someone yet?

iamtheb

My foster pup pulled my phone down in the floor by the charging cable the other morning while I was sleeping. She decided it would be a good idea to teethe on the screen. As a result, the phone works but the fingerprint sensor is busted and I can't operate the screen at all.

With all this, I decided it was time to stop relying on just a work phone and get my own personal phone as well. I ordered an iPhone 6 Plus last night and I'm picking it up today. How easy is it to migrate my account to the new phone? I have my secret code if that helps.

Sukospin

Looking for BFF Triangle after the reset.

Slot 1: Ronia (+297, max skilled), A.Bastet during weekeneds
Slot 2: A.Hinokagutsuchi
Slot 3: A.Horus (+297)

I already have A.Horus BFF so not looking for him. Haven't gone through BFF posts as I don't know who's taken.

Edit: Can I join you guys, ZeroAKA and Actstriker? If you're looking for different leads BFF then no problem.

ZeroAKA

I already have A.Horus BFF so not looking for him. Haven't gone through BFF posts as I don't know who's taken.

Edit: Can I join you guys, ZeroAKA and Actstriker? If you're looking for different leads BFF then no problem.
That works for me. If it's okay with ActStriker, PM me so that we can set it up.

ccbfan

YOLO roll got trash no rolling again.

Speaing of which for the BFF retset do you lose your original or do you get to keep your original so you basically get 2 (4 if you do the triangle thing)?

I haven't set up a BBF yet so I'm wondering should I both.

Either way if someone is still open for setting up a triangle

My leads are

Ronia
Beel
All Greek Gods except Ceres
Rodin
Grodin
Hathor
LMeta
DMeta
Verdandi

That works for me. If it's okay with ActStriker, PM me so that we can set it up.

I'm fine with it, but are you looking for one before or after? Me and ZeroAKA need one in before the reset

smbu2000

I'm glad they put Hera Sowilo in the coin dungeon line up. With the 1.5x egg drop rate combined with the 10x plus egg drops I'm getting 6 plus eggs everytime I run Mythical. Sometimes 7 if that dragon drops instead of the treasure chest.

I was still lacking a lot of HP plus eggs for Kite, but after collecting quite a few plus eggs I got the HP ones I was missing. I've been using Kite a lot on my Vegito Sowilo farm team as his 2 skill bind awakenings come in very handy.

I'm still putting together my team for him. At the moment I have Kite/Vegeta/A.Anubis/Blodin/Goetia.

P&D related: I saw these huge P&D banners at the biggest station in my city, Nagoya station. I went up to the 2nd floor to take these pics.

Huge one in the middle:

Smaller ones on the side: (Bastet team and other was Lakshmi team, other side of them was the opposite)

In the pillars walking through the station there are these video advertising screens (like lcd tvs turned sideways) one on each pillar and cycling through the advertising on them P&D video ads were in the cycle along with 4-5 other ones for different products/services.

This is a shot from the ground floor that I took.

Second BFF is gonna be a tough one, I have a lot of teams I want to work on hyper maxing but they're all different colors. I've invested a lot of eggs into my light units so far and a complete switch to another color is gonna mean I need to be happy with that team as I'm going to be with them for awhile. Right now for friend and main leaders it's: L.meta, a hyper maxed A.Venus and Ame no Uzume/Bastet in BFF slot. I'm thinking to drop Venus as a 2nd friend slot to make room for Asmo/Durage/Hathor as my BFF and Bastet/Ame for Friend lead two. So it'd be:

1) L.Meta
2)Ame/Bastet
BFF)Asmo/Durga

With Awoken Venus appearing on some days like Hera-Sowilo or Sandalphon.

I want your Asmo, don't really have much to offer in terms of my own slots (usually Parvati and Horus), but if we could find a third BFF to make use of our combined pool that would work?

yami4ct

Just beat Kaguyahime finally. Those Awoken Skill Invalid dungeons are bastards. Didn't want to bring Ra in due to the lack of quick Kalis with no Skill Boost. Also losing those time extends would make that team scarier than I'd like, so I went with Urd paired with A. Shiva.

It's really hard to do consistent damage without your Awakenings. Ocean God terrifies me even more. I might not even attempt that one. Anyone got teams that actually do well without awakenings?

I want your Asmo, don't really have much to offer in terms of my own slots (usually Parvati and Horus), but if we could find a third BFF to make use of our combined pool that would work?

Sure, I don't mind. Even if we can't get a 3rd Asmo on board, I'd still be cool with blowing my bff on you.

Sure, I don't mind. Even if we can't get a 3rd Asmo on board, I'd still be cool with blowing my bff on you.
I have asmodeus, but I've never really used her. Are you looking for a constant asmo for your third? If not I'd be happy to leave her up whenever you need. My current 1/2 are Verdandi/Bastet.

P.S. I'm not even sure I'm friends with either of you. My ID is 381,227,385

I have asmodeus, but I've never really used her. Are you looking for a constant asmo for your third? If not I'd be happy to leave her up whenever you need. My current 1/2 are Verdandi/Bastet.

P.S. I'm not even sure I'm friends with either of you. My ID is 381,227,385

We're not but we can fix that, already sent you an invite.

We're looking for a 3rd to complete our Asmo bff triangle, so if you're interested, just say the word.

Edit: Guess it doesn't hurt to toss my ID out here as well just in case 306,982,261

YOLO roll got trash no rolling again.

Speaing of which for the BFF retset do you lose your original or do you get to keep your original so you basically get 2 (4 if you do the triangle thing)?

I haven't set up a BBF yet so I'm wondering should I both.

Either way if someone is still open for setting up a triangle

My leads are

Ronia
Beel
All Greek Gods except Ceres
Rodin
Grodin
Hathor
LMeta
DMeta
Verdandi

I think you keep which is why everyone is setting up new triangles.

You want to triangle up with me and ZeroAKA before the reset?

razterik

BF renewal means you keep your old one and get to choose a new one as your second.

GungHo NA needs to put out a post explaining this process before maintenance happens; people are getting confused everywhere.

It's really hard to do consistent damage without your Awakenings. Ocean God terrifies me even more. I might not even attempt that one. Anyone got teams that actually do well without awakenings?

A.Venus with several light orb makers and a burst sub.

yami4ct

A.Venus with several light orb makers and a burst sub.

Don't have A.Venus. Thought about taking it out with a Kirin, but it seems like a bit too much risk. Think I'm just gonna give up on it for now as I don't have any teams right and ready that could take out Ocean God. I miss out on a Blue Jewel and stone. Oh well. Maybe it'll come around again.

Think I'm better off focusing on Normal 3xs, running the free jewel dungeon to get a Red and finishing up PAD Island.

So is PAD Island a really good way to farm Cockatrice? It seems like the best drop/stamina ratio I've seen on that in some time. Could definitely use Gabriel skill ups for later, so maybe I should take advantage.

mike23

My rolls:

4 rolls a few minutes after it was released
sakuya
karin
Awilda
sakuya

3 rolls standing in line at the aquarium today
sakuya
Urd <- My main desire in this REM
karin

8 more rolls
lilith
leilan
karin
Awilda
Valkyrie Claire
karin
l.meta
haku

Done rolling I think. I was hoping for a chibi valk and the 7*s would have been nice.

I really wanted blue Urd mostly because Urd was my first hyper and my main leader up to A.Shiva.

razterik

Don't have A.Venus. Thought about taking it out with a Kirin, but it seems like a bit too much risk. Think I'm just gonna give up on it for now as I don't have any teams right and ready that could take out Ocean God. I miss out on a Blue Jewel and stone. Oh well. Maybe it'll come around again.

Think I'm better off focusing on Normal 3xs, running the free jewel dungeon to get a Red and finishing up PAD Island.

So is PAD Island a really good way to farm Cockatrice? It seems like the best drop/stamina ratio I've seen on that in some time. Could definitely use Gabriel skill ups for later, so maybe I should take advantage.

Have Light Tron? She pairs almost as well if you have majority healer subs.

Not sure on the Cockatrice, but the high ninja and demon drops are easily farmed on 2x rate at the lowest difficulty. If he drops as often then it would be a good choice.

Wait is that really how it works?

If it's anything like the JP renewal, yessss.

By old one, I mean the one you picked already. You don't get to pick twice if you don't use the first one now.

Top Bottom