• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

coy

Glad you got it done, Rixa! In time, you'll be able to field a team that'll make quick work of this dungeon especially with 2 Ronias.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Saw this posted on Reddit - Current tentative UVO voting stats

VNwM9aC.jpg

Looking good cant wait for Verdandi Uvo - what can we expect ? 2nd TPA should be a given, maybe another +Skill and Fingers.
Or will this be another Ronia situation were she gets her UEvo to quick so they cant make her much better ?

Edit: As explained earlier this arent official stats, but based on surveys.

I like to thank you all again :). Was fun and scary event. To know when to use Echidna (1st pic) that its not too late. I think I know where to use Dark Jewel (4th pic).

Nice, congrats !!
Vritra Uevo will be a nice fit for your Ronia/Devil team.

cw_sasuke

I'm betting on Attackerdandi with no other changes but stats.

Dont think thats likely looking at the other GFE Uevos. They keep their type/active skill from what i saw - so God/Balanced wont change and she should get additional Awakenings unless im missing something.

Kyuur

Dont think thats likely looking at the other GFE Uevos. They keep their type/active skill from what i saw - so God/Balanced wont change and she should get additional Awakenings unless im missing something.

Looks like you are right, I never noticed that pattern before!

In that case, TPA for green and hopefully time extends for thematics (given that they are Norns of Past/Present/Future, time related!).

yami4ct

I really hope Urd gets an Uevo soon. I don't want Verd to become even more of a white whale for me while the Norns I have sort of languish. Hopefully all 3 get updates soon.

Hathor update would be fun, too. Would love to see what they'd do with her.

Rixa

Glad you got it done, Rixa! In time, you'll be able to field a team that'll make quick work of this dungeon especially with 2 Ronias.

Looking good cant wait for Verdandi Uvo - what can we expect ? 2nd TPA should be a given, maybe another +Skill and Fingers.
Or will this be another Ronia situation were she gets her UEvo to quick so they cant make her much better ?

Nice, congrats !!
Vritra Uevo will be a nice fit for your Ronia/Devil team.

3 Awokens more and one spinner more to picture ;).

So do I get it right. In this team Vritra first tosses the skill that does damage + gives that 1.5x atk to dark. To counter that boost, in the same turn King Baddie does skill and I have 3x atk for Devil Type for 1 turn?

Jagernaut

You can't use 2 boosts in the same turn. The second one will overwrite the first.

For Verdandi's ultimate I would like a rcv boost or higher attack multiplier + more awakenings (another 2 prong for sure). I'm glad she's winning the vote.

Jagernaut

Thats what I was trying to tell :). Vritras skill boost aint so good compared to KB, so to change it for better use KB in same turn after Vritra.

Just use Vitra for the midboss and save KB for the final boss. Vitra only does 10x atk at full health (max lv Vitra does 16,250 damage at full health) so it's pretty useless to use before KB.

Edit. Or use Vitra after a boss hits you with a 99% gravity for maximum damage.

Nohar

Reached Starlight Sanctuary, and got thoroughly trounced by Meteor Volcano Dragon on the 6th floor.

I guess I'll stick to Hyperion Lava Flow / Oceanus Falls / Kronos Forest in order to rank up and slowly level-up my monsters. That, and/or I try to complete Blazing Hell to drop Naga and Mystic Knights (necessary to skill up Homura and Echidna).

Frankly, I'm not quite sure on what I should focus right now. Monster box and teams for those interested in taking a look. Also note that my Durga Team is useless right now, something which annoys me to no end: I no longer have any Durga friends (one unfriended me, three I wanted to send an invite to had their friend list full, and the last one I managed to actually invite changed his leader to something else). And I'm playing on the EU servers, making finding Durga players all the more difficult.

yami4ct

Just Uevoed my second L.Kali with my Gift Jewel. Her art is still the best thing in this game. As a sub, her Uevo doesn't rally add that much. Extra skill boost is nice, but not earth shattering. Worth it for the art.

Down to 1 Gold Keeper now. Guess that means I have to actually learn how to run Keeper of the Gold. That 7 million HP is terrifying. How do people even do that thing? Just rely on unconditional teams with delays?

Ducarmel

^Tuesday dungeon is easy if you meet the hp requirement and can stalll for skills and burst at the right time

Reached Starlight Sanctuary, and got thoroughly trounced by Meteor Volcano Dragon on the 6th floor.

I guess I'll stick to Hyperion Lava Flow / Oceanus Falls / Kronos Forest in order to rank up and slowly level-up my monsters. That, and/or I try to complete Blazing Hell to drop Naga and Mystic Knights (necessary to skill up Homura and Echidna).

Frankly, I'm not quite sure on what I should focus right now. Monster box and teams for those interested in taking a look. Also note that my Durga Team is useless right now, something which annoys me to no end: I no longer have any Durga friends (one unfriended me, three I wanted to send an invite to had their friend list full, and the last one I managed to actually invite changed his leader to something else). And I'm playing on the EU servers, making finding Durga players all the more difficult.

Build an awoken Shiva team you have 1 of his best subs URD and a really good sub in Chiyome, and an ok sub with Laila. Fourth spot can be Echidna, or D izanami for utility or if you want another orb changer Titan or Homura

You have phoenix so that headache is out of the way, get the jewels and thurgia, even if you have to spend your stones trying to get them it will be worth it.

Durga is strong but she is out classed by to many other gods to have a decent following, Awoken Shiva is just on another level, I dont know how healthy the EU servers are but i imagine a decent amount of people probably use Shiva over Durga.

LuffyZoro

As long as you have the hp to survive the preemptives Gold Keeper isn't bad, each keeper takes forever to attack so you can take your time and stall and then burst on boss. I beat it with LZL (so a 100% HP activation requirement).

razterik

Fiddling around with PGronia teams and realized Sasuke is a Beelzebub equivalent at 2x HP and 2.5x ATK for attackers. Don't have the popular green attacker subs to make the team really shine, but it's a neat theory. The RCV totals are pretty awful without plus eggs.

hermit7

Just Uevoed my second L.Kali with my Gift Jewel. Her art is still the best thing in this game. As a sub, her Uevo doesn't rally add that much. Extra skill boost is nice, but not earth shattering. Worth it for the art.

Down to 1 Gold Keeper now. Guess that means I have to actually learn how to run Keeper of the Gold. That 7 million HP is terrifying. How do people even do that thing? Just rely on unconditional teams with delays?

Beelz/ronia is where it is at. They can tank any hit and heal easily. Add in a sub to delay the gold keeper past his 3 turn dark absorb and you're set.

yami4ct

Beelz/ronia is where it is at. They can tank any hit and heal easily. Add in a sub to delay the gold keeper past his 3 turn dark absorb and you're set.

That's definitely was I was thinking. With all that HP, the early floors are nothing. I'm just afraid of the prospect of bursting down 7 million HP. Man that's a lot.

Jagernaut

That's definitely was I was thinking. With all that HP, the early floors are nothing. I'm just afraid of the prospect of bursting down 7 million HP. Man that's a lot.

This is my Gold Keeper team. I have enough hp to take a hit from light and dark keeper without healing. Then I wait out the dark absorb (no delay needed) and use Ronia + mini Lu Bu + Beezlebub for a one shot kill. Double dark damage vs light and 2.5x atk boost make it easy if you make 6 combos or a 5 combo with rows.

The survey itself doesn't end until the 20th, and the next livestream hasn't been announced yet. It's actually kinda weird, GungHo JP has really pared down on the number of livestreams they do ever since Max Murai failed on Zaerog8.

Version 8.2:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/update8_2.html

Ranking Dungeons:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/ranking/index.html
Get rewards depending on the percentile of players you rank at
The first one's going to be a beta version, probably for balance purposes. Top rewards include RGB piis and MPdras

Three Subtypes:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150818_skill.html
Canopus gets God, Hadar gets Devil, Kirin gets Dragon (lol)
All valks get Attacker and +100ATK, except for Claire who gets Devil and +200HP

FZZ

Banned
Version 8.2:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/update8_2.html

Ranking Dungeons:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/ranking/index.html
Get rewards depending on the percentile of players you rank at
The first one's going to be a beta version, probably for balance purposes. Top rewards include RGB piis and MPdras

Three Subtypes:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150818_skill.html
Canopus gets God, Hadar gets Devil, Kirin gets Dragon (lol)
All valks get Attacker and +100ATK, except for Claire who gets Devil and +200HP

Claire is going to be a devil?

Oh shet. The Ronia metagame continues to evolve.

Ducarmel

I wonder if i can crack top 50 in ranking dungeon.

english translation credit to pad reddit
Basically you will be scored on your performance of Dungeon in the "Ranking Dungeon" tab. Your performance is scored based on:

Average Combo
Time Remaining
Highest Damage Hit

The inaugural cup is "Zeus Vulcan Cup (Beta)!"

In the dungeon, you can have a chance to see a special Monster which can be sold for 500 MP. Rewards will be given to the top ranking players at the end of the cup.

Rewards

Top 10% - High Premium Dragon / Flampy / Woodpy / Bubpy
Top 20% - High Premium Dragon / Flampy / Bubpy
Top 30% - High Premium Dragon / Flampy
Top 40% - Premium Dragon / Fire Resist Latent TAMA
Top 50% - Premium Dragon / ATK UP Latent TAMA
Top 75% - Premium Dragon
Top 100% - TAMADRA

Disclaimer You only get the rewards of the ranking bracket you're in, they don't stack

Triple Typings

Demon Hadar - Add Devil
God Canopus - Add God
Kirin UUVO - Add Dragon
RGBL Valks - Add Attacker and +100 ATK
DValk - Add Devil and +200 HP

Endless Corridors

Added the 7x6 and 5x4 Boards for EEC, TEC and EC.

Screens

Dungeon Display screen is changed to menu format.

Monster Info screen is changed to accommodate triple typing (also looks like there's more space for monster art)

Skill Rotations

Please read this thread

Daily Login Bonus Upgrade

On 7+ days, you get 1000 Pal Point instead of 200.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/3hj4wf/news_jp_update_version_82_details/

yami4ct

Love the PAL point increase. Valk changes are all pretty much perfect. I expected them to screw over D.Valk by not giving her Devil, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Super super happy for Attacker R. Valk. My Urd is so happy. Kirin getting Dragon sort of makes sense Mythology wise, but meta wise is pretty LOL.

Ranking dungeons look interesting. Light/Dark sure get screwed for free pii's, though. If the rumor that the High Premium Dragon sells for 10k is true, though. That really shifts the MP game. I might actually be able to get in the Top 30%, so MP Monsters all of a sudden look way more attainable.

Took advantage of the Paypal iTunes 20% off and bought a $25 gift card to turn into stones. Been having a shit week, so I'm up for a (terrible idea) distraction. Did 3 courtesy summer rolls.

Chibi L. Meta
Chibi Kirin (Dupe)
Chibi Tsukuyomi

L.Meta's TPA is kind of interesting, but she seems pretty lackluster overall. Same, but even moreso for Tsukuyomi. Kirin is nice for low cost, but I already have one. Not gonna throw any more in since special REMs are traps. Some good stuff here, but nothing I would find all that useful aside from Claire and maybe Panda. Even then, those aren't really game changers for me. Gonna save my other 20 stones to roll for a Genbu or Verdandi once star eggs go.

FZZ

Banned
Voted for Kirin, Blue Sonia, and Noah for JP

Mainly hoping for Kirin to win because triple UEVO is going to be amazing

razterik

Voted for Kirin, Blue Sonia, and Noah for JP

Mainly hoping for Kirin to win because triple UEVO is going to be amazing

Kirin gets all the types! (And still isn't good, haha.)

Voted Kirin, Blue Sonia, and Gaia. Cause whatever, it doesn't matter.

Dark Valk getting Devil type is a bit of a blow to people who bought/buy bikini Valk for 300k MP. Buff please.

Ranking system is percentage based? Noooo.

This is super dumb for so many reasons. The current S rank system was fine since it was points based and everyone could gain the reward with effort/luck. Now we're turning a cooperative game into a competitive one. Top percentages are going to be owned by megawhales with multiple 300k MP cards, everything maxed skill, all +297 and decked with full latent awakenings and/or people who have super pro orb skills that beat things with Anubis and no subs. Hooray for rewarding the players that need it the least.

Not to mention you have to use your own stamina to attempt the ranking dungeon. Bad luck run or had an emergency come up halfway through? Too bad, spend stones for more stamina to try again. Have a really good run, but then later get knocked out from your percentage bracket? Spend more stamina and stones to try to get back in.

And none of this even touches how much this encourages people to cheat the game further. JP just had a banwave for players cheating through Ultimate Arena and other issues. Now you're giving enticement to players to cheat so they can earn competition rewards they otherwise could not. GungHo has to spend time weeding out every cheating player from the rankings each time or else they are screwing over the players that pay the most into their game. LOL NA version who has never banned any cheaters to the best of my knowledge. Either ranking system never comes here or they have to dedicate way more resources to keep much of the playerbase from going cheat crazy.

Ugh.

Just realized the consecutive login bonus increasing to 1,000 points is kinda crazy since that's five rolls per day. Especially with how recent JP events have made it so you ONLY roll evo mats or enhance mats.

coy

I did Take dungeon for the red jewel which I used to awaken Horus. Then I took Horus into Kaguya dungeon for the green jewel I needed to awaken Mei Mei. I feel so accomplished! This has been a real fun day witnessing the progression and being rewarded for completing the tasks put forth in front of me.

As for the update, I am liking the sound of the Ranking Dungeon. I'll be happy with whatever rank I can achieve, but I'll be doing my best for that top 30%. I'll be spending time in Puzzle Challenge to practice in a similar environment.

Edit: Oh jeez I stupidly thought this was with NA in mind as well. Of course we aren't. Nevermind as I rage deleted my JP account a long time ago.

FZZ

Banned
Also I almost forgot but thank you CornBurrito for adding me as a best friend :)

If you need anyone up just ask. I have Awoken Ra, Bastet, Andromeda, and Beelze.

yami4ct

So a Descended Norn? She sure looks like a Norn. I'd be real up for a light or dark Norn, even if their stats and awakenings were nerfed.

Nohar

Build an awoken Shiva team you have 1 of his best subs URD and a really good sub in Chiyome, and an ok sub with Laila. Fourth spot can be Echidna, or D izanami for utility or if you want another orb changer Titan or Homura

You have phoenix so that headache is out of the way, get the jewels and thurgia, even if you have to spend your stones trying to get them it will be worth it.

Durga is strong but she is out classed by to many other gods to have a decent following, Awoken Shiva is just on another level, I dont know how healthy the EU servers are but i imagine a decent amount of people probably use Shiva over Durga.

Well, Theurgia drops in a Descended dungeon. I've never been able to complete a Descended dungeon, and according to Reddit it is an hard one. It doesn't seem like Awoken Shiva is a possibility at all for now. At my current rank and with my current teams, I don't think I can clear those dungeons.
I'll try to unlock Awoken Shiva, but that will definitly be a long-term goal, not a short one.

That being said, I've been able to complete the Legendary Dragons' Footprints dungeon, and dropped Mechadragon Valhalla, Ice Dragon Niflheim and Flamedragon Muspelheim. They don't seem that useful though, sadly (late-bloomer, dragon type, no orb changing skills).
I'll try the Sky Dragons' Domain, but the "No Recovery" is gonna be a problem. I wonder if I need to bring a Heart maker.

Ducarmel

^Legend should be doable with your URD team if you max out their levels, and fully awaken them.

Unfortunately legend is a 40% drop and you only have 1 in 3 chances to get Theurgia as the boss invade. So it could take a lot of runs

Ducarmel

^thats true, but Nohar might as well stick with Urd, she is better then non Awoken Shiva

I wonder why the delay for D Kali, Kirin, Leilan, and Ganesha

They came out at the same time with Anubis and ISIS right.

Rixa

I'll try the Sky Dragons' Domain, but the "No Recovery" is gonna be a problem. I wonder if I need to bring a Heart maker.

I cleared it with 2 Verdandi leaders on my main acco. My alt (EU, your friend) is raising levels to evoed Verdandi & going to fully awoken it in the coming days. Not sure if its any help for you tho :/.

Those dragons that drop are good exp for units (about 25k each).

Edit: If its ok for you, I could toss next BF (when ever EU gets it) to your direction.

Ducarmel

Some mobile game like dragon coins are even worse, its not even a percentile its a real ranking 1st to 2000th place, pretty much guarantees only whales or cheater who have not been caught yet are getting the prize.

At least with this formula non-iap have a chance.

cw_sasuke

Gotta agree with razterik about the ranking system. Seems to heavily favor the paying players too much.
Isn't that the case for most high end stuff in the game? They are catering to whales with the game and are trying to get people to become whales.

MP shop or this ranking systems aren't really stuff I will bother with because I'm not the audience.

Whales trying to outwhale other whales is the goal here. Nothing to see here for us xD

Of course I'm only talking about the Top rewards.

Rixa

Isn't that the case for most high end stuff in the game? They are catering to whales with the game and are trying to get people to become whales.

MP shop or this ranking systems aren't really stuff I will bother with because I'm not the audience.

Whales trying to outwhale other whales is the goal here. Nothing to see here for us xD

Of course I'm only talking about the Top rewards.

I agree this fully. Its the GungHos way to get more value from whales. Meanwhile F2P / low IAPers get some benefits from it too. But to get top rank you need top money. Same system has in Soccer Spirits colosseum.

Kyuur

The game as a whole favors people to spend a ton of money, that shouldn't be anything new. The ranking system will still place people who are the best at the game (aka Anubis) at the top. You can't pay to combo high and quickly.

Nohar

I cleared it with 2 Verdandi leaders on my main acco. My alt (EU, your friend) is raising levels to evoed Verdandi & going to fully awoken it in the coming days. Not sure if its any help for you tho :/.

Those dragons that drop are good exp for units (about 25k each).

Edit: If its ok for you, I could toss next BF (when ever EU gets it) to your direction.

It would be a pleasure to add you :)

ccbfan

Honestly this is the fairest tournament system I've ever seen in a F2P game.

1. Most other games I've seen are cumulative score not best score. So whale just iap their way into the top spot by repeating the dungeon over and over.

2. The ranking is percentage not number. So if the game is popular and have millions of players, you can still get a good rank.

3. As long as you're in the top 50 percent you get a good prize.

The only bad thing about this ranking dungeon is you only get 5 minutes which is ridicules. The game moves so slowly and combos take so long that you barely have anything to plan or stall.

Also I wonder how the rankings get done. Is it going to be everyone who tried the dungeon or everyone whose completed the dungeon or everyone whose completed the dungeon with a score. Cause if its the later then take everything I said earlier about it being fair and throw it out the window. Depending on the difficulty and length of the Dungeon (Especially if its Zeus Vulcan Descend as the name implies with 10 levels) then the amount of people that will actually get a score will be extremely low.

Top Bottom