• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

saichi

Memorial roll : Sasuno

PAD Island YOLO: Chibi Karin

A random question.... Is Awoken Parvati still worth it? Is it still "in"?

jay23

Memorial roll: Amenouzume

It's not a dupe so I'm happy, plus I don't have lmeta or Ceres. My fire utility cards are growing first Phoenix rider and now her.

Sine I pulled Anubis I figured why not work on an Awoken Anubis team. maybe one day i will be able to activate him. What are some of his best subs? I have 3 L kali, 2 haku,2 Leilan, Awoken meimei, Kushi, 2 Ronia, Ra etc. They all seem like they would be good subs for him but which would be the best choices?

Rixa

Damn :(, there goes 40 sta.
I need to get GZL fast up so I can put it to party instead of Vritra.

Screenshot_2015-08-23-00-24-05.png

Sucks, but there is nothing I can do about it now. Need more levels & awokens & ofc fodder exp.

I'm missing the karin and leilan doesn't make dark orbs but how this this team be?

Link

All max skilled this team would be capable of running the chinese good system correct? 4 extra seconds to move every turn. Or would a utility sub be best in that Karin slot?

Quantum

Sine I pulled Anubis I figured why not work on an Awoken Anubis team. maybe one day i will be able to activate him. What are some of his best subs? I have 3 L kali, 2 haku,2 Leilan, Awoken meimei, Kushi, 2 Ronia, Ra etc. They all seem like they would be good subs for him but which would be the best choices?

personally I think that you need time extend. pretty much nothing else.

if you are successful with activation everything else is just gravy.

- yomi or a change the world is almost required.

xCobalt

Just putting it out there again if someone wants to form a BF triangle. Got A.Shiva, Beelze/Ronia and Kirin up consistently.

ID: 356,137,283

NineH

remind me to never use the facebook group to organize a triangle. One guy there asked for a triangle and I said sure and we agreed on who will be in the triangle. Now that guy changes the 3rd guy after I already sent my BF to the guy he replaced. What a waste of a BF slot that was. I am almost tempted to erase the BF I sent out of spite but I'm not sure if that would hurt me more. Lesson learned I guess.

Negator

Guys, if you have U&Y, farming blue pirates on 2x drop in PAD Island Expert difficulty is great. I think I'm going to stone it until I have both my U&Y max skilled.

Jagernaut

Guys, if you have U&Y, farming blue pirates on 2x drop in PAD Island Expert difficulty is great. I think I'm going to stone it until I have both my U&Y max skilled.

Thanks for the heads up. It's only 1/3 chance of getting the blue pirate but I can also skill up Gabriel (without evolving the cockatrice) and I&I.

Negator

As soon as I started spending stones, the desire sensor kicked in and gave me barely any pirates and my U&Y is still stuck at 3/4. Thanks Gungho you bastards.

Got Bmeta on my 5th roll. Maybe the beach REM isn't a trap after all. :lol

I need to develop a bunch of cards to get a blue healer team going but at least I finally have a non-green bind immune/clear card.

zoku88

Just found out that one of my IRL friends plays PAD. Had a nice little geek out session about it while inspecting each other's boxes.

She already selected a BFF, goddamit

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks for the heads up. It's only 1/3 chance of getting the blue pirate but I can also skill up Gabriel (without evolving the cockatrice) and I&I.
Similarly, if you have Chester or pirate Gronia, definitely run int while its on 2x. Floor 2 is a guaranteed drop.

Ouch i missed Pad Island 2x Drop rate - would have been perfect to skill up Chestern and Gabriel during the skill up event. Well should have checked in earlier.

Looks like Hera Challenge is coming back tomorrow and Taiko no Tatsujin Collab starts as well.

Quantum

Got Bmeta on my 5th roll. Maybe the beach REM isn't a trap after all. :lol

I need to develop a bunch of cards to get a blue healer team going but at least I finally have a non-green bind immune/clear card.

congratulations - now maybe there can be some more theory crafting with her. the new addition of god type bonus has me trying to figure out the best team.

healer blue, hybrid healer/god blue, mixed color healer (b/l),

there are some really interesting teams that I can put together, but nothing that can compare to say shiva or ra.

Fuck Wadatsumi

That is all

I too hate this dungeon.

edit: I actually beat it with urd (urd/urd/a.shiva/r.valk/a.hino/urd) which I know is not intuitive, but the healing from urd, plus the green typing on u+y worked.

Just found out that one of my IRL friends plays PAD. Had a nice little geek out session about it while inspecting each other's boxes.

She already selected a BFF, goddamit

only my nephew plays - else think I'm crazy.

Ducarmel

congratulations - now maybe there can be some more theory crafting with her. the new addition of god type bonus has me trying to figure out the best team.

On my jp account placeholder team for her I have gone all blue healer

BMeta / Sun Quan / Hatsume / Sharon / Blue Valk / BMeta friend.

I can sub in I&I, LTron, and Sarsvati if i need something else.

Looks like Andromeda, BD Hermes, I&I or Muse and that new blue Senguko god Motonari is the way to go for a god focused team.

I would run her more over my current farming team if I hade more healer friends

Quantum

On my jp account placeholder team for her I have gone all blue healer

BMeta / Sun Quan / Hatsume / Sharon / Blue Valk / BMeta friend.

I can sub in I&I, LTron, and Sarsvati if i need something else.

Looks like Andromeda, BD Hermes, I&I or Muse and that new blue Senguko god Motonari is the way to go for a god focused team.

I would run her more over my current farming team if I hade more healer friends

A healer team was one of the original ways I played the game, so I really would like to work on a bikiniteam, unfortunately there are so few people that actually run her that I'm having difficulty running bikini/bikini so I have to take that into account when I am team crafting. I'm thinking int he future I'll add a BF to someone who uses it constantly.

currently I am using

bmeta/andro/sunquan/blodin/reine/bmeta - taking advantage of the god with odin, loosing the 2x boost from sunquan on him, but gaining an enhance, nice hp pool and nice awakenings..

there are some really interesting teams that I can put together, but nothing that can compare to say shiva or ra.
Thanks, I totally forgot about the buff. Including god types does expand the sub pool quite a bit. I don't envision it being able to tackle the top content without serious +egg investment but it should be a fun little farming team to add to my pile of teams.

Super stoked for Sphinx descend returning tomorrow. Awoken Isis time!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Maybe it's just me but if feel likes 3x have been gimped compared to the initial event. Couple of OoH runs in a row with zero drops. Probably just my bad luck but during this event the drops were worse than a couple of weeks ago.

Rixa

Maybe it's just me but if feel likes 3x have been gimped compared to the initial event. Couple of OoH runs in a row with zero drops. Probably just my bad luck but during this event the drops were worse than a couple of weeks ago.

I have run whole day (and yesterday) Sky Dragons' Domain - Green Skies, I can confirm that there are plenty of 0 plus egg runs. Atleast I get green exp fodders and rank exp.

Quantum

agree with this - I wanted to stone for +, but after about 4 refreshes in stamina it was clear to me that this 3x is not the same 3x from 2 weeks ago - that was a much better 3x.

Ducarmel

Only skydragons has been consistent for me at least 1-2 per run, KOG has been the worse many runs without an egg, feels worse then non events. OOH was streaky runs I get 3-4 and runs I get nothing.

coy

Strangely enough, I was seeing great results last week during the same event. This weekend, however, has not produced similar results. I've still gotten some 2 and 3 +egg runs but noticeably more blank runs. I'm averaging closer to 1.1 instead of the ~1.6 last week.

All I wanted was some Sasuke skillups. What a scam
Have you been doing only Expert? I did a few Expert runs that netted crappy drops, 1 out of 7. I switched to Master and went 13/16 on FL4. Took me 2 stones at 199 stamina to max skill Sasuke. I see from the pic that you can get 3 Master runs per stone so it's something to consider if you've been doing only Expert, but i understand trying to be efficient with stone usage.

Sukospin

No, I was going to post the same thoughts as well.

So what is the secret with Super King ____ Dragons?

No matter what is in my party, I almost always do only 1 damage per monster. I've defeated one, a Ruby dragon, but I had 2-3 turns of doing only 1 damage (4-5 combos) and then all of a sudden I took it down in one hit with another 5 or 6 combo attack.

Pretty confused.

They have very high defense and no HP, that's about it. Especially if you have a party member that has the super-effective element it's very common for something as little as an extra combo count to push yourself over the breakpoint.

They have very high defense and no HP, that's about it. Especially if you have a party member that has the super-effective element it's very common for something as little as an extra combo count to push yourself over the breakpoint.

Simple as that, huh?

Thanks. I'll check it out when the next one shows up in ~ 1/2 an hour.

Negator

Have you been doing only Expert? I did a few Expert runs that netted crappy drops, 1 out of 7. I switched to Master and went 13/16 on FL4. Took me 2 stones at 199 stamina to max skill Sasuke. I see from the pic that you can get 3 Master runs per stone so it's something to consider if you've been doing only Expert, but i understand trying to be efficient with stone usage.

I just woke up and did all 4 dungeons on 2x drop. It was kind of disheartening to see not a single Kodama on all 4 difficulties.

Kyuur

Finally hit KOG in normals.. not confident in being able to beat this consistently with my balanced Verdandi team, even with Woodsie I can't output that much in one turn which means I'm at the mercy of my orb changers and skyfall for the rest. Feels bad. Gadius might be possible if I had more heartmakers. getting 4-5 heart orbs from his active feels bad man.

smbu2000

Managed to get my Awoken Susano up to 297 before the event ended. Just need to get him some more exp. to get him to max level.

Since I have 2 green units at 297 now, I decided to continue on giving A.Bastet plus eggs. I've gotten her up over 200 now. Still need quite a few HP plus eggs though...
Will probably go for one of my Verdandis after I finish with Bastet. Hopefully the current event is okay for getting plus eggs.

Finished the ranking dungeon just outside of the top tier at 11%. Maybe I'll do better next time. I wonder when the next one will be.

I was initially a bit disappointed that the newest challenge dungeon only gives pii rewards for the top 3 levels, but clearing each stage also gives you stone too. Very nice.

hermit7

So what is the secret with Super King ____ Dragons?

No matter what is in my party, I almost always do only 1 damage per monster. I've defeated one, a Ruby dragon, but I had 2-3 turns of doing only 1 damage (4-5 combos) and then all of a sudden I took it down in one hit with another 5 or 6 combo attack.

Pretty confused.

What team are you using? Try to use a defense breaking monster such as shiva or Gzl and then it is easier to just sweep.

Other options for other colors are poison (lilith) and direct damage (Ra).

coy

Finally completed Yamato Challenge. Only Kaguya required multiple attempts (no RCV and no Awakenings blah) which felt good. With the earlier talk, gotta say I am loving Parvati teams! She is a powerful lead and is my favorite way to play currently. And now I have G.Valk uvo and Sasuke max skilled to help out.

I just woke up and did all 4 dungeons on 2x drop. It was kind of disheartening to see not a single Kodama on all 4 difficulties.
Unless you plan on using Sasuke often, maybe you can wait another time? I'd normally advocate to continue on, but if things aren't going well then consider doing other things in-game so frustration doesn't factor in.

xCobalt

I just realized I had a Kopis from awhile back and today is the last day for the Wood Cat Dungeon. Didn't really click with me that he would be a good sub for A.Shiva teams.

I run ronia/ shiva/ Bastet if you are down I would be down for a triangle.

Sounds good! Just need a third then.

Quantum

did a REM pull on "earned" stones - clears and so forth

got crap.

the odd thing is I feel worse when I don't get something on a free stone than on a pack I buy.

I'd like either a b.urd, claire or priate sonia but I don't think it will happen.

- the pandora seems like it could be fun with both a blue and dark activation - blonia on a pandora team?
- the only real annoyance - skilling my first pandora was like having a tooth pulled.

linsivvi

Taiko no Tatsujin Collab and Hera challenge coming up.

So many things to run and I still haven't cleared all the new shop dungeons yet.

Top Bottom