• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Holy ass shit @ world 3s difficulty spike. What a broken ass game. I wish I would have bought a physical copy rather than DL'ing it so I can sell it. I'm been stuck for months on the boss of World 3.

Reminds me of Puzzle Quest; you either get stuck against an impossible enemy or you walk all over the enemy.

Any tips for me? What do coins do, anyway?

hermit7

the odd thing is I feel worse when I don't get something on a free stone than on a pack I buy.

- the pandora seems like it could be fun with both a blue and dark activation - blonia on a pandora team?
- the only real annoyance - skilling my first pandora was like having a tooth pulled.

Yeah I rolled bikini Pandora too and am probably not going to skill her, I just hate that you need to level and evolve monsters just to give them a skill while most other cards are skilled with only drops. She is great however for her different awakenings compared to regular Pandora.

Rixa

Iam unsure should I do Taiko No Tatsujin dungeon at all. Are there units I should try to get. Or is it better for me use sta to ranking (and to emerald dragon dungeon)?

Edit: I dont like the pics of Taiko units.

Rixa

^^ It seems that Memorial roll is good for:

- Players rank under 150
- Players who did blow stones to stupid things
- Players who spend stones in Gfest with poor luck
- Rng players, getting just right god from gacha

Iam in "not yet rank 150 players", thus happy to get any god, since I dont have so many of them. Sure there are some gods I would hope to get. Butt meh, better not to wish something :). I should be in rank 150 in this weeks time.

linsivvi

Iam unsure should I do Taiko No Tatsujin dungeon at all. Are there units I should try to get. Or is it better for me use sta to ranking (and to emerald dragon dungeon)?

Edit: I dont like the pics of Taiko units.

Well it's a free stone and you have 2 weeks to clear it. So use your excess stamina to clear each level.

I'm so close to being able to take on Queen's Banquet. I think I may be missing the HP check on DQ hera by a few points however. But the hardest part in my book is surviving the first three floors, if I can get past those, it's all down hill from there with as I stall on Beorc and Sowilo for days.

J0dy77

How did everyone do over the weekend with 3x normal? I spent every stamina I had on KoG and Sky Dragons. The drop rates were insane for most of the weekend but slowed down last night unfortunately. I can't recall what she started with but L. Kali now has a 115 Plus eggs on her. I probably finished with 80-100 eggs and leveled up twice. Finally hit rank 400 as well. Feels good.

Kyuur

How did everyone do over the weekend with 3x normal? I spent every stamina I had on KoG and Sky Dragons. The drop rates were insane for most of the weekend but slowed down last night unfortunately. I can't recall what she started with but L. Kali now has a 115 Plus eggs on her. I probably finished with 80-100 eggs and leveled up twice. Finally hit rank 400 as well. Feels good.

I didn't even realize that was active. No wonder I was nabbing so many + eggs.

J0dy77

Fuck Wadatsumi

That is all

Yeah, that dungeon blows. I finally have a consistent team to beat it now. Someone pointed out that Awoken venus is great for this dungeon last time I ranted about it (think it was smbu). Being able to burst through round 2 is the only real hard part to beating it with that team.

Guys, if you have U&Y, farming blue pirates on 2x drop in PAD Island Expert difficulty is great. I think I'm going to stone it until I have both my U&Y max skilled.

Thanks for the reminder. Need to work on this.

Also, can someone please clue me in on Urd? Why is she so popular? Seems kind of lackluster to me. I just don't see the right team composition that would make me want to use her over the more popular leads.

quin

long time no see😅

I managed to make the top 10% in the Ranking Dungeon. It definitely rewards people who have all the right cards. My average combo was around 4 I believe. Quite bad I think.

my team was:
R.Odin R.Odin A.Ra R.Sonia R.Sonia S.Dragon

screenshot_2015-08-24wasjs.png

J0dy77

long time no see��

I managed to make the top 10% in the Ranking Dungeon. It definitely rewards people who have all the right cards. My average combo was around 4 I believe. Quite bad I think.

my team was:
R.Odin R.Odin A.Ra R.Sonia R.Sonia S.Dragon

Meant to ask. What does the ranking give you? Not being to able read japanese I just ran the dungeon once and moved on.

Exact rewards depend on your rank, but it's a mix of predras, tamas, latent tamas, and piis. 30% or better was where you really wanted to be, but competition around that point started getting fierce.

quin

Meant to ask. What does the ranking give you? Not being to able read japanese I just ran the dungeon once and moved on.

10% high point dragon(10000), red pii, blue pii green pii
20% high point dragon, red pii, blue pii
30% high point dragon, red pii
40% point dragon(3000), fire reduction tama
50% point dragon, attack tama
75% point dragon
100% tamadora

jay23

Yeah, that dungeon blows. I finally have a consistent team to beat it now. Someone pointed out that Awoken venus is great for this dungeon last time I ranted about it (think it was smbu). Being able to burst through round 2 is the only real hard part to beating it with that team.

I wish I had awoken Venus she seems like the most consistent lead to take on a descended like that. I might just rank up my Rebel Seraph Lucifer and grind it out next time it comes around.

Neeed those snow globes from Hera legend plus, not sure if I can take on that dungeon yet tho.

Quantum

- just be careful on Wadatsumi using venus on U&Y less than 50% (switches to green)

---

- used bikinitron team this morning on Absolute Zero mythical challenge and it was simple (bmeta/sunquan/reine/andr/blodin/bmeta) almost no eggs.
- fun team.

Reaching out for some feedback. If I have three susanos, with only one being mad skilled, is it worth it to max skill another one knowing that awoken susano is coming? Does he get a new skill too?

Another feedback ask:

Trying to clear out extra jewels, ultimate beelz (already have Ronia), light ultimate fagan or dark ultimate fagan?

hermit7

Thanks for the reminder. Need to work on this.

Also, can someone please clue me in on Urd? Why is she so popular? Seems kind of lackluster to me. I just don't see the right team composition that would make me want to use her over the more popular leads.

Urd is pretty much just a farming lead honestly. Extra hp and rcv for water cards and access to strong fire tpa cards. Her board changing active at 9 turns is also really good.

I use mine as a lead for farming and as a sub on my awoken shiva team. Along with Caocao and a second Urd and it is fully skill bind resistant which I have come to really appreciate.

raiot

Reaching out for some feedback. If I have three susanos, with only one being mad skilled, is it worth it to max skill another one knowing that awoken susano is coming? Does he get a new skill too?

Another feedback ask:

Trying to clear out extra jewels, ultimate beelz (already have Ronia), light ultimate fagan or dark ultimate fagan?

Susanoo gets a new skill, so stop max skilling your other 2.

You can use Beelz with 2 sonjas... I don't know what teams you have, but he is certainly a VERY good lead to have.
Dark Fagan is also very good, but not for Descends, but for mindless Farming.
I'm still mad that my +297 Fagan BFF has not logged in since 20 days :(
Dark Fagan is also a very good Zaerog Infinity sub...

Susanoo gets a new skill, so stop max skilling your other 2.

You can use Beelz with 2 sonjas... I don't know what teams you have, but he is certainly a VERY good lead to have.
Dark Fagan is also very good, but not for Descends, but for mindless Farming.
I'm still mad that my +297 Fagan BFF has not logged in since 20 days :(
Dark Fagan is also a very good Zaerog Infinity sub...

I've got 1 ult Ronia, 1 non-ult max awoken Ronia and 2 more unevolved ronias. I mainly run awoken shiva currently, with awoken Ra up for those "top tier" descends, next "project" is awoken Anubis. I also run verdandi, but mainly for blue color descends (shiva and I have troubles with them).

I will not max skill either susano then, I'll just evolve one so that I can be more ready for awoken status.

So NOT light Fagan, but either dark Fagan and beelz are good to spend extra jewels on.

- used bikinitron team this morning on Absolute Zero mythical challenge and it was simple (bmeta/sunquan/reine/andr/blodin/bmeta) almost no eggs.
- fun team.
Yeah, she seems stronger than I expected. My incomplete team got to floor 18 in TEC without too much trouble.

Haven't decided where to put my pluses next and Bmeta might be worth the consideration?

razterik

Don't know that I'd spend precious jewels on either Fagan at this point unless you have no other options. He's largely fallen out of favor with current power creep, and will likely never return once Shiva Dragon arrives. Waiting for ult Fagans to end up as Awoken evo materials, ouch.

Beelzebub is okay if you're still aiming for his Ronia pairing. It's not quite the endgame team it used to be, but capable enough for older dungeons.

A.Susano gets a new skill, but there's still some value in the G/L attacker version if you run certain teams. I would keep a current max skill one if you have dupes.

Ended JP ranking dungeon just outside 30%, so missed the good rewards. Not having a super fast farm team hurt since I had to rely on a combo lead and I'm not that fast at matching. The Beta was even more Rodin/Shiva Dragon whale team oriented than I originally thought it'd be.

Don't know that I'd spend precious jewels on either Fagan at this point unless you have no other options. He's largely fallen out of favor with current power creep, and will likely never return once Shiva Dragon arrives. Waiting for ult Fagans to end up as Awoken evo materials, ouch.

Beelzebub is okay if you're still aiming for his Ronia pairing. It's not quite the endgame team it used to be, but capable enough for older dungeons.

A.Susano gets a new skill, but there's still some value in the G/L attacker version if you run certain teams. I would keep a current max skill one if you have dupes.

Ended JP ranking dungeon just outside 30%, so missed the good rewards. Not having a super fast farm team hurt since I had to rely on a combo lead and I'm not that fast at matching. The Beta was even more Rodin/Shiva Dragon whale team oriented than I originally thought it'd be.

Awoken beelz it is then, probably the easiest choice too.

And I have tons of dupe susanos, I originally had four (first God, then later on pulled three in a row in a godfest), him and Ronia are tied for most specials obtained. Third are a combo of Neptune and shiva at three a piece. Shiva is a bit of an exception because I got a free level 30 from gung-ho due to a carnival screw up in May of the first year (right around when Angels got added to the REM)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
YES !!!

Cleared Hera Rush for the first time ...and no this wasnt easy. First i thought bringing along Kushinada was a no brainer - but with her i didnt have enough +skills to have Perseus or Verdandi ready on floor 1. Had to drop Verdandi from the squad and brought DMeta instead of Kushi along. Thats one dungeon where a max skill Osiris or Sasuke would be very helpful. Wish i had them.

Nevermind made it through, got Fattie on floor 3 and had to use most of my actives up to Hera Beorc. So i knew i had to stall the 3 turns on Hera Sowilo to get Perseus and Liu Bei actives ready. And gladly i made it.....

quickmemo_2015-08-24-pkbng.png
quickmemo_2015-08-24-k4bex.png

Boss stage - 1 Liu Bei active and the team blew Hera away.Liu Bei alone hitting for +4 million.

quickmemo_2015-08-24-yyapd.png

And with that i have beaten Dragon, God, Devil and Hera Rush. Based Bastet.

Difficulty wise i would say (only from memory) - God Rush <<< Dragon Rush<<Hera Rush<<Devil Rush

So yeah i think Devil Rush was the worst because on the 2nd floor and Kraken.

PS: I just realized my battery was about to die and i would have gotten a notification popup at 5 percent...which would have screwed me if was comboing at that time lol. I would have been so pissed.

Quantum

Yeah, she seems stronger than I expected. My incomplete team got to floor 18 in TEC without too much trouble.

Haven't decided where to put my pluses next and Bmeta might be worth the consideration?

I'm not sold that its a viable lead yet. I'm still plusing my shiva/urd teams/group and I think my next card to hyper is going to be cao cao, but truthfully it is tempting to work on a non-cookie cutter team.

the absolute negative is that no one is running it and it will likely get no support going forward.

Like my current avatar - she is temporary at this time until I decide if I like it enough to continue working on it.

I'm not sold that its a viable lead yet. I'm still plusing my shiva/urd teams/group and I think my next card to hyper is going to be cao cao, but truthfully it is tempting to work on a non-cookie cutter team.

the absolute negative is that no one is running it and it will likely get no support going forward.

Like my current avatar - she is temporary at this time until I decide if I like it enough to continue working on it.
Did NA get the bikinitron update with the summer REM? In JP her leader skill now also affects gods in addition to healer.

donjezzy

Fell for the trap in hoping to get valkyrie claire to complete my neph team ro replace vqmpirr. Spent 70 stones and didn't get her but did get two Pandora and a chibi light valkyrie for my awoken Venus team. Hopefully that MP system comes to the US soon.

Quantum

Did NA get the bikinitron update with the summer REM? In JP her leader skill now also affects gods in addition to healer.

It has, I was talking about it this weekend - trying to optimize blue, healer and god versus two color (b/y) healer, god.

I've subbed in a Blodin on my team which worked really well for what I tried (mythical hera-is)

I'm still messing around with the team, it has some neat potential - just not as excited by it compared to shiva/ra, and I'm not in the market for another farming team - so its difficult to say if I'm going to invest the time to plus it.

that being said - as a lead there is some fun flexibility with other blue lead that I've almost completed ignored lately.

I tried blasting my way through Hera-Beorc with Awoken Ra without stalling

Didn't work out too well, although I did almost get her down from about 65% before the attribute switched

Silent_Z

I use her pretty much only as a farming lead. Good for no dupe coin dungeons, as you can pair with A. Shiva, Minerva, or Rodin friends without issue. She has access to both A. Hino and Liu Bei for ridiculous TPA. Also easy to get an All Attributes team, as staple subs - A. Hino, R. Valk - put you up to 4 out of 5 colors, then add Liu Bei or something to cover all 5.

That said, A. Shiva is better in almost every way. Urd's just nice enough not to need a Phoenix to attain her final form.

Quantum

since no one else is defending urd - I like her a lot.

the meta has changed but prior to shiva, urd was a go to for me for most descends and my main farm lead if I had to pay attention.

Urd/Urd/A.Shiva/A.hino/yamato/urd team about 500 eggs from hyper has 32k hp, everyone up round 1

versatile members include femme, chiyome, cao cao, nim, theruga, chester, ronia

you can pretty much design a custom fire team for almost any dungeon. as I mentioned yesterday I actually used it for mythical wadatsumi. whether you need delay, spike, skill bind protection or shield break. the one glaring weakness is binding.

that, plus the evolution of shiva had a lot of players working on urd teams with urd and hino getting ready for the awoken status - both become great subs for that team.

its really the first lead I had purposely designed to become a sub on my current descend team.

urd is also urds best sub, with 3 max skilled urds you have controlled damage -or- protection with the creation of hearts. the relative short cool down mean that there is a chance to use the same urd multiple times in a dungeon.

currently residing in my bf (team 2) slot, it still gets a lot of use.

pix

Hey guys, my fiancée just got into the game and I was wondering if anyone has a spare NA new account with a decent starter God. Would be appreciated, she loathes the retooling aspect. Thanks!

It's not "new", but I have an account that has some stuff on it and hasn't made a lot of progress (no descends completed, haven't reached KotG). Been holding on to it for months on the off chance that I wanted to play more and never do. PM'ing you the device change code if you're interested.

Negator

Beat the first three Hera challenge dungeons. Needing green jewels while only having a developed blue team really sucks.

On the other hand, I have all the materials for Awoken Minerva. Worth?

Negator

Cool. I have a Minerva, Kagutsuchi, Shiva, Cao Cao, and some other miscellaneous red cards. The Redvolution will soon be upon me.

Just gotta level this Zeus Vulcan and Hera Ur up (UUGH)

Cool. I have a Minerva, Kagutsuchi, Shiva, Cao Cao, and some other miscellaneous red cards. The Redvolution will soon be upon me.

Just gotta level this Zeus Vulcan and Hera Ur up (UUGH)

Your future Shiva team has a huge potential. Minerva and Kagutsuchi is perfect for each other. The last sub of the team will be a card with great RCV or great utility.

Negator

Your future Shiva team has a huge potential. Minerva and Kagutsuchi is perfect for each other. The last sub of the team will be a card with great RCV or great utility.

My Flex spot is pretty ridiculous. Right now I can fill it with either Ronia, Gadius, Echidna, Laila, Phoenix Knight, or Fire Dragon Knight. That's not even including any other crap I pull between now and whenever I get the materials for them and start throwing Ruby Dragons and Tamadras at everything.

razterik

Urd isn't popular enough to win a uevo vote, so it'll be a while till her update unless she gets dragged along by Verdandi.

A.Minerva is fantastic. Best red hypermax investment I ever made. Kagutsuchi/Minerva team up wouldn't be something I'd normally run on A.Shiva, though. Usually floods too many reds unless used on separate turns and you give up 100% skill bind resist without running A.Horus or red Chester. Out of what you listed, I would focus on Cao Cao, Laila, Kagutsuchi, and another skill bind resist. Scarlet is a great farmable choice for the future if you can obtain and skill her.

I don't know what it is about Hera-Ur's dungeon in Hera Challenge, but I always fail it the first time. Stupidly got water bound on Ifrit this time with A.Lakshmi. Had no problems with anything else, rocked Rush with Minerva like usual.

Also, tfw Sowilo drops no plus eggs. 10x, I'm missin' you...

I'm totally ready for 10x when it hits here. I got the top few farm dungeons on lock with my team. While not speed farming tier, I can handle them without stoning.

Top Bottom