• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Awoken Yomi is sick, 3x ATK for any element where you match 5 with at least one being +, then up to 2.5x ATK for matching 6+ combos

Active enhances all elements and gives 5 seconds of extra matching time for one turn at 8cd.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So is Awoken Yomi a solid leader now or still only sub material ?
Incoming buff just adding a skill boost. I think it's way too early for them to be UVO'ing the Norns, they're still fine for the most part.

Didnt Ronia and LKali get their Uevos quite fast as well iirc.

Any upgrade will be appreciated, im not expecting her to blow away A.Meimei xD

Edit:

I misread your comment, i agree - not expecting a big boost or game changer but any upgrade is welcome.

ccbfan

WTF at Yomi's Active and Leader skill.

I'm not sure how Enchance orbs work when the colors aren't the same but isn't this equivalent to a 2x + boost for combo/multi colors leads that stacks with other kinds of boost. That's a huge boost for all combo/multi color leads (well except Kirin)

Also

3x on 5 and and up to 2.5 on 6 combos? 7.5x leader skill. Do we know when the combo multiplier starts?

Anyone got info on her awokens.

Ducarmel

^
Awoken Tsukuyomi

AS(8): Enhance all orbs, increase orb match time by 3 sec.

Connect 5 orbs with at least one enhanced orbs ATK x3. 6 combo ATK x2, 7 combo ATK x2.5.

The combo starts at 6, and max out at 7

Awakenings
3 dark orb enhanced, 3 time extensions, 1 skill lock resist, 1 skill boost

cw_sasuke

^
Awoken Tsukuyomi

AS(8): Enhance all orbs, increase orb match time by 3 sec.

Connect 5 orbs with at least one enhanced orbs ATK x3. 6 combo ATK x2, 7 combo ATK x2.5.

The combo starts at 6, and max out at 7

so if you meet all the conditions assuming double yomi

6.25 atk for all types at 7 combos, and 56.25x atk for the color with 5 connected orbs that has at lest 1 enhanced orb

So thats like the Dark combo version of Sarasvati/Krishna ? Still dont know if its really good or not...without the connected 5 orbs the damage is quite lackluster - she herself also doesnt have TPA/Rows.

Then again Sara/Krishna also dont have offensive Awakenings.

btw. Artemis Artwork looks good - sucks that she had to back the wrong team. Dont have any use for Rowtemis. Green TPAs are just to dominant and it doesnt help that Perseus only has one Row Awakening.

WTF at Yomi's Active and Leader skill.

I'm not sure how Enchance orbs work when the colors aren't the same but isn't this equivalent to a 2x + boost for combo/multi colors leads that stacks with other kinds of boost. That's a huge boost for all combo/multi color leads (well except Kirin)

Also

3x on 5 and and up to 2.5 on 6 combos? 7.5x leader skill. Do we know when the combo multiplier starts?

Anyone got info on her awokens.
It only boosts the element that got the 5 linked orbs with +.

Kyuur

Post stream info here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=376

The new Marionette series on MP shop is awesome. Since they ignore status shield, they are effectively a 2x ATK in a lot of cases for wood/fire/water teams that stacks with existing attack buffs. Their art is awesome too:

QoPBaeJ.jpg

New awokens are amazing too. Ammy will make an excellent farmer lead and Tsukiyomi appears to be a new power house with up to 56.25x leader, as well as wicked sub for almost any team.

Maybe she'll get a new active skill that also changes primary element to fire. We all want that right.

Now they're all doomed.
The new Marionette series on MP shop is awesome. Since they ignore status shield, they are effectively a 2x ATK in a lot of cases for wood/fire/water teams that stacks with existing attack buffs. Their art is awesome too:

I do like the art, same person that did the Kalis correct? Looks like that style.

So is Awoken Yomi a solid leader now or still only sub material ?

Didnt Ronia and LKali get their Uevos quite fast as well iirc.

Any upgrade will be appreciated, im not expecting her to blow away A.Meimei xD

Edit:

I misread your comment, i agree - not expecting a big boost or game changer but any upgrade is welcome.

I worry that this may become like Ronia and how she doomed her whole line. Ronia got buffed way too early back when rows were all the rage by a little amount but once things started to shift from rows to prongs and higher multipliers Ronia was left behind and so were her sisters. They couldn't creep them over Ronia, she was voted in by the players, but it'd be a total waste to just buff them to Ronia levels after no one wanted the Sonias, so now they're stuck.

And now Sakuya, three time PC UVO winner is BACK! From hero to voted zero then voted again to stay at zero, hopefully she can finally get the job done this time and catching up to L.Kali and Hathor. Fingers crossed her art isn't confusingly drawn and colored like the last one.

btw. Artemis Artwork looks good - sucks that she had to back the wrong team. Dont have any use for Rowtemis. Green TPAs are just to dominant and it doesnt help that Perseus only has one Row Awakening.

She backed the wrong horse this time. It's not like green needed her and she still has orb changing with a prong so all isn't lost. They are really trying to make up for lost time with all these extra rows on the Greeks and I can assume the upcoming Norse as well, may even extend to the angels/demons.

Ducarmel

Gon and Paradise Sonia are also better played as a green row based attacker leaders

Green has plenty of tpa cards stop being greedy Bastet.

I'm thinking it's more that they've trying to support rows more in general now, it would seem. It appeared that everyone was going to be swimming in prongs after the release of the Norns, blodin's UVO and awoken Shiva. But red Odin, Shiva dragon and Ares suggested that red was going to be rows instead. But now with the rest of the Greeks getting 2+ rows each, new Marionette series in addition to Sengoku sporting rows they may have realized that it may not be a great idea to push one buffed mechanic for far too long.

I do agree that green rows have been laughable at best. Perseus, Astaroth and Freyja being the main ones to suffer from the shift. Little to no support were given to them during the rise of the dongers and were left to rot.

razterik

Nobody answering the most important question!

Is Awoken Yomi a girl!?

Ra Dragon looks game breaking until you think about his best subs. A.Isis and 3 Dark Kalis? Sure, good luck, you can buy the whole MP selection first before you get there. Still probably wipes the floor with normal A.Ra, even with standard Lighr Kali sub team.

I don't know why they put a conditional on A.Amaterasu's 4x. Healers do crap damage anyway and she doesn't put out damage herself besides that single TPA. She might be a good lead for some of the more annoying dungeons, though the lack of HP will doom most of her teams.

A.Yomi is interesting as a buff to most color or combo teams, especially anything dark heavy. Very much an extension of her old role. Kind of hate her devil side, probably from that jerk Aamir? Lead skill is cool, but matching those 5orbs and still making enough combos sucks. I don't really like any of the match 5 skills, it's very cumbersome unless using the expanded 7x6 boards.

MP machines are okay, not sure they are really worth 250k with those lead skills and awakenings. Basically something else for whales to waste money on.

Had a feeling Artemis would get triple row after RB both went that way. Sad, my Bastet still unused.

Gon and Paradise Sonia are also better played as a green row based attacker leaders

I don't know about Gon, but I don't think that's true for PGronia when all her subs are attackers with multiple TPAs outside new Artemis. Even with her, not sure it changes. Setsu did a nice write up comparing her to Beelzebub/Ronia recently.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/brainstorming-summer-gsonia-as-a-leader/

ccbfan

Just checked out all the changes, the power creep is absolutely insane in this game.

Awoken Amu is literally invincible in any dungeon where she can burst through insta kill situations which is pretty easy with 9x - 16x multipliers. 19,000 auto heal, bind resist, bind recovery, 80% skill bind recover.

Awoken Yomi is the ultimate no orb troll Leader. Awokens means 3 extra seconds of movement, guaranteed plus dark orbs. Active adds basically 2x and 5 extra seconds. With all that time, making its 56.25 leader skill is not going to be too hard. Plus Devil type? She basically 250x on burst.

MP Ra - LOL, why even get the other mp monsters.

Kyuur

I don't know why they put a conditional on A.Amaterasu's 4x. Healers do crap damage anyway and she doesn't put out damage herself besides that single TPA. She might be a good lead for some of the more annoying dungeons, though the lack of HP will doom most of her teams.

I think the key will be to not pair with another A.Ama. Instead pair with something like Idunn&Idunna, Xiao Qiao or Zhao Yun (with XQ sub) to boost HP.

razterik

Wouldn't go off color if I can avoid it. Light Tron is probably the best pairing. But with just one HP boost, I'm not sure it makes enough difference. Maybe get a little over 20k? Need to check numbers.

hermit7

I am loving awoken yomi. Dark is one of my strongest colors and I already have a yomi max leveled. Probably will run yomi/a.haku//bikini pandora/d meta/ last sub either Zuoh, d/b batman or another haku for 100 percent skill bind resist.

Are Dmeta and Neph the only dark gods who haven't picked up devil typing yet? Neph will probably get it on her ult and Dmeta's third typing will probably make her devil. Yuck.

I worry that this may become like Ronia and how she doomed her whole line. Ronia got buffed way too early back when rows were all the rage by a little amount but once things started to shift from rows to prongs and higher multipliers Ronia was left behind and so were her sisters. They couldn't creep them over Ronia, she was voted in by the players, but it'd be a total waste to just buff them to Ronia levels after no one wanted the Sonias, so now they're stuck.
There's no reason why they couldn't make Gronia/Blonia better than Ronia. In fact, the increased rarity means they probably should be better.

They aren't beholden to keep the ones voted in by the players to be eternally on top and it's pretty much impossible with all the power creeping anyway.

Maybe with Verd out of the way, Blonia can win the next vote...:|

Ducarmel

I don't know about Gon, but I don't think that's true for PGronia when all her subs are attackers with multiple TPAs outside new Artemis. Even with her, not sure it changes. Setsu did a nice write up comparing her to Beelzebub/Ronia recently.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/brainstorming-summer-gsonia-as-a-leader/

You could be right, my opinion is pretty much what i see jp players post on youtube, and poor google translation from gamewith/game8 articles, so a small sample. Like that article suggest its best to run her in combination with another green attacker lead. I guessed i focused on the Gon, Ishada teams more because as leaders they seemed stronger to me

I have not done the math but It seems like you can get a lot of damage with PGronia/Ishada with low cool down orb changers like Astroth, Leeza, Griffin Rider, and Mari for burst. Assuming you can get 3 rows with PGronia active and have 9 row awakenings that should be about 3.7x atk that is a little stronger then a card with 3 tpa that does 3.37x atk and definitely stronger then a card with 2 tpa that does only 2.25.

I guess the difference is GZL>Mari and if your stacking your team with 3 tpa.

razterik

Time to make my ideal team of Ra Dragon/Awoken Isis/DKali/DKali/DKali/Ra Dragon.

I don't have any DKalis.

I haven't seen anything that indicates what the lower threshold for Ra Dragon is. It's quite possible that a 4+hearts or 5 element match is nearly as strong as A.Ra now. The extra TPAs on both leads and some Light Kalis might work just fine. Can still slot delay/burst subs as necessary.

I am loving awoken yomi. Dark is one of my strongest colors and I already have a yomi max leveled. Probably will run yomi/a.haku//bikini pandora/d meta/ last sub either Zuoh, d/b batman or another haku for 100 percent skill bind resist.

Dark Izanami (instead of Dark Tron) and Zaerog inf are both strong sub contenders in my mind. A.Haku for a board change and Bikinidora for healing/darks. Binds might be an issue, maybe regular Pandora for that.

ccbfan

I think my favorite thing about awoken Yomi is that its not very REM heavy. Her Devil type makes her team basically like a dark Ronia team which itself is extremely not rem heavy.

Obviously your team will be much better with REM subs but you don't need multiple REM sub like a Verdandi team or RA team.

Kyuur

Medjedra failed twice today so far today, sigh. Not sure I can do this this my current team:

Unless I get lucky with skyfall, I can't get past Isis without using Woodsie. After fire bind I die quite easily. Even if I use Woodsie, I'm not confident I can survive long enough afterwards to get him back up before Medjedra is at 50% (unskilled), or even survive through Osiris.

Might need to gitgud and work on this team:

Probably replace Zhao Yun with Zhang Fei if I can grab him, or maybe Verdandi. Gadius could probably wreck but Isis prevents that. :(

A bit disappointed with Artemis's rows, but I have decent green row subs, so I don't mind too much if the meta shifts that way. The attacker subtype is very welcome.

Finding it hard to get too excited about Awoken Ama. Dont really need another L/G monster. May be a decent farming lead though, and her awakenings and AS are very useful.

Very curious about Awoken Yomi. Should make for a great leader and sub.

Ra Dragon seems broken.

hermit7

I haven't seen anything that indicates what the lower threshold for Ra Dragon is. It's quite possible that a 4+hearts or 5 element match is nearly as strong as A.Ra now. The extra TPAs on both leads and some Light Kalis might work just fine. Can still slot delay/burst subs as necessary.

Dark Izanami (instead of Dark Tron) and Zaerog inf are both strong sub contenders in my mind. A.Haku for a board change and Bikinidora for healing/darks. Binds might be an issue, maybe regular Pandora for that.

Yeah that is a decent suggestion. Binds are a concern and I am not sure aside from Pandora what decent bind removal cards there are in dark. Meta was there for her active as well as her 3 skill boosts which will help ensure that skills are up turn one. It has a low number of skill boosts overall which is definitely a concern if running a rush.

razterik

Yeah, I didn't look much at skill boosts. A.Yomi might struggle a bit with things other teams take for granted. Aamir is pretty bad, but he probably is the best plain bind clear for dark.

I was thinking about her Awoken mats. I'm afraid they are going to use uevo Dark Izanami and uevo Tengu. I hate uevoing mats with jewels now.

Looking at A.Ama teams, highest HP I can a manage at hypermax is hovering around 23-24k, which is dangerzone for hard hitting bosses. Kushi required for Hera preempts or big hits. Matching leads heal for 19k.

cw_sasuke

Look like Challenge Dungeon 10 will be part of the next event - of course you need to clear Lvl 10 for Woodpy. Dammit...
Feels like you always have the worst options when getting Woodpys...shitty fire based coin dungeon or the toughest Challenge Dungeons.

That sounds like a sweet team...didnt saw that you pilled Bikini Pandora...congrats !!
Yomi is best androgynous god confirmed.

Yomi was and will always be a girl for me. And im kinda glad that i never skilled her up lol.
Medjedra failed twice today so far today, sigh. Not sure I can do this this my current team:

Unless I get lucky with skyfall, I can't get past Isis without using Woodsie. After fire bind I die quite easily. Even if I use Woodsie, I'm not confident I can survive long enough afterwards to get him back up before Medjedra is at 50% (unskilled), or even survive through Osiris.

Might need to gitgud and work on this team:

Probably replace Zhao Yun with Zhang Fei if I can grab him, or maybe Verdandi. Gadius could probably wreck but Isis prevents that. :(

Man you should really invest in GZL and Vishnu - esp with Vishnu getting his Ult Evo soon. FZL active + TPAs will do more for you than bringing along Woodsie and boosting Verdandis attack.

VishnUUU alone will do nearly as much dmg as your all current subs together.

Autumnal Tiger
[Duration]: 8/28 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 9/6 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The warmth of Summer meanders its way into Fall as we begin our Autumnal Tiger event! With an unseasonable warmth, we may see a few sudden changes!
■① Daily Login Bonuses
8/28 - 9/6 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.
■② A Gusting Heat
Comes with the arrival of these intense Ultimate Rush dungeons! Take on a pantheon of enemies all at once, if you dare!
8/30 - 8/31 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/1 - 9/2 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/3 - 9/4 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
9/5 - 9/6 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear at 1.5x rates!*
■③ Chasing Dawn
Dual special dungeons provide skill-ups in the form of Lightning and Phantom Chaser! The 10th round of Challenge Dungeons is included as well!
8/28 - 9/6 - Challenge Dungeons!
8/28 - 8/30 - Lightseeker
9/4 - 9/6 - Watery Temptress
■④ Gift from Heaven
Some gifts come in surprisingly large, draconic packages.
8/28 - 9/1 - Gift From Heaven
■⑤ Special Event Content
A cunning warrior bars your path!
8/28 - 8/30 - ????????????
■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 8/28 to 9/6!
See here for details:
8/28 - Takeminakata Descended!
8/29 - Grimoires Descended!
8/30 - Zhao Yun Descended!
8/31 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
8/31 - Zhang Fei!!
9/1 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
9/2 - Hera-Ur Descended!
9/2 - Guan Yinping!
9/3 - Mephisto Descended!
9/4 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
9/5 - Athena Descended!
9/5 - Xuanzang Descended!
9/6 - Zeus & Hera Descended!
9/6 - Tengu!!!
■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
8/28 - 9/6 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [extends until 9/7 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]
Fusion Bonus:
2.5x Skill Up rate
Another event, another two weeks without Blue Sprite. /sigh

I swear we get Watery Temptress or Gleaming Dragon every month. Finally have a reason to farm Lightseeker now though.

Rixa

Do TPAs work same way when there is only one enemy?
Do you get those 1.35x from first TPA and 2x from 2nd TPA (if right colour)?

Edit: Thanks Ducarmel.

ccbfan

How exactly does Enhance Orb work?

Not the matching but the awokening itself.

Say I have 16 Enhance Orbs Awokenings and I do a 5 match and a 3 match of that color all plus orbs. How much did my attack improve because of the Awokenings.

yami4ct

New Awoken gods look good. Not sure what space Ama will carve out, but she definitely seems useful. Tsukiyomi seems pretty crazy. Didn't expect them to ditch CTW entirely.

Artemis is bleh. I get that they're trying to make green rows a thing, but there is really one one or two non-collab gods that can work as green row leaders. If they want green rows to work, they need to give them at least 1 or 2 more good leader options in the regular REM.

New MP monsters look cool, but since I'm not a whale, I don't care.

coy

More stones yes please. The rest of the event sounds alright. Until I hear the evo requirements for Ammy and Yomi, I have no clear goals in the game aside from the usual skillup and pii attempts.
Look like Challenge Dungeon 10 will be part of the next event - of course you need to clear Lvl 10 for Woodpy. Dammit...
Feels like you always have the worst options when getting Woodpys...shitty fire based coin dungeon or the toughest Challenge Dungeons.
Parvati still stuck at 6 turns. Not to mention Bastet and Mei Mei unskilled for the time being. This is disappointing to hear.

Wonder what Ra Dragon's multiplier is with only 5 elements. Adding hearts makes it easier to proc than Ra so you'd think the multiplier would be lower. But power gonna creep...

Ducarmel

How exactly does Enhance Orb work?

Not the matching but the awokening itself.

Say I have 16 Enhance Orbs Awokenings and I do a 5 match and a 3 match of that color all plus orbs. How much did my attack improve because of the Awokenings.

Just to be clear

The awakening itself guarantees a 20% chances an enhanced orb will appear when dropped. On top of that there is a 5% boost in attack.

so this should be the formula for a 3 match.

(1 + 0.06 x n) * (1 + 0.05 x a)

n equal number of enhanced orbs and a equal number of awakenings

5 match would be

(1.5 + 0.06 * n) * (1.5 + 0.05 * a)

So in your scenario of 16 awakenings

5 match
(1.5 + 0.06 * 5) * (1.5 + 0.05 * 16) = 4.14

3 match
(1 + 0.06 * 3) * (1 + 0.05 * 16) = 2.124

Top Bottom