• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Hey everyone. Haven't played this game in a long time, just getting stones from logins and occasionally pulling. Wanted to get back into it but have no clue on what heroes I should be concentrating on. Here's a screenshot of what I have. Hoping someone could help me out.

http://imgur.com/a/i7za5
You have the makings of a good bastet team.

Bastet, Vishnu, Verdandi, Leeza, Meimei

End game team right there.

donjezzy

Congrats !!

Awoken form soon ? I think this might take a while since she doesnt even have an UEvo xD
What does your team look like ? On paper she and Hathor look quite strong but i dont see many using them in our version.

Thanks! while I still have to 1-2
stone most descends I personally find her easy to use. I have a team of a max skilled dark vamp and Grape dragon, D/D Haku and a D/D Pandora. I recently got a Beach pandora and a shadow dragon knight so I was think of swapping those two in once I max skill the knight. I'm all for any suggestions if u or anyone else has any!

Hey everyone. Haven't played this game in a long time, just getting stones from logins and occasionally pulling. Wanted to get back into it but have no clue on what heroes I should be concentrating on. Here's a screenshot of what I have. Hoping someone could help me out.

Wow, this box. So many chase pulls and endgame-capable monsters at such a low rank.

Mephistopheles is a known liar!
cw_sasuke said:
Hehe nope thats normal and actually pretty cool - its Mephistopheles so ofc he is gonna lie/cheat and start attacking earlier than announced. With him it just means you will be dead by the 3rd turn.

Cant trust him xD
That's pretty funny. I like how PAD adds in small touches like that.

Challenge 10 is kicking my ass. Not sure bastet is the way to go here.

Sold all my chibis and a few dupes, came away with just 30k. Apparently the REM has been kind to me. Any reason to keep a dupe Grodin?

Quantum

well crap -

I need some help with the theory crafting, but Bmeta + Shiva.D seems like an interesting mix

- obviously red god subs, but say:

B.meta/urd/urd/yamoto/rodin/Shiva.D

unconditional 17.5 for red attack, 1.35 hp and 1.5 rcv

going to have to play around with this.

razterik

yD6cCP5l.jpg

Totally the highlight of my week! That's four super kings and a red present dragon. And here I was worried about having to hit fat metal tomorrow without exp bonus. Still a million to go for the last five levels, but it'll do fine till then.

Anyone considering Shiva Dragon should think about how often they speed farm and spend stones on stamina. If you do either, then he's absolutely worth it for the time savings alone. Makes 3x normals, 10x descends, and latent/jewel farming a cinch with even less than optimal red subs.

If you're in it for him to boost your box to a whole new level of power to attempt tougher dungeons, some of the other MP dragons may fit your needs better depending on what teams you have built.

Still no MP Claire confirms we got completely hosed on summer event. If she ever comes, it's going to be almost Christmas. GungHo so dumb.

Kyuur

Some very capable leads in here:

Sonia, Leilan, Shiva
Karin (once Awoken is in)
Verdandi, Bastet, Parvati
Venus (un-uvo->Awoken)
DKali, Yomi (once Awoken is in)

Shiva/Bastet are the most used powerhouses right now, Verdandi and Sonia for farming.

linsivvi

Amazingly the Marrionette series might be the best buy right now for non-IAP. With time and patience you can no stone every dungeon release so far.

I was thinking about this. You don't even need to buy it, you just need a friend with a Marionette leader.

Obviously it will take forever to clear any dungeon, but still...

FZZ

Banned
Yeah I've been trying to come up with resist teams since I saw the video so far the only one for wood I could make work is this

80% resist so latent tamas would fill in the last 20% if you put it on the subs

aaaand I just realized I don't have a water attribute subtype -_-

Bilix

Thanks for the tips everyone. Looks like I need to get a lot of emerald dragons. It's too bad my maxed Artemis isn't needed.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Looks like I need to get a lot of emerald dragons. It's too bad my maxed Artemis isn't needed.
She might become important down the line since Gungho appears to be pushing green "row" teams in recent updates. The advice we're giving you is for teams that do well in today's endgame meta. But endgame is a constantly moving goalpost, GungHo likes to buff unpopular monsters frequently, and there's a whole lot of game between where you're at and the hardest dungeons PAD has to offer anyways.

razterik

Who puts full finger latent awakenings on Rodin of all things!? lol

Blind test run was easier than ever. Blasted past Beyzul without a single active skill. Want Ares split uevo so bad. Had to take Horus for skill bind resist.

FZZ

Banned
Alright adjusted the team so now Kali can activate

Technically this is a completely farmable build so if you guys wanna cheese the Pii dungeon here you go. Same concept of putting latent awakening resist tamas on only the subs, so your leaders can remain untouched.

Dupes I have:

Skuld
Sun Quan
Isis
Godin
Ra (2 dupes)
Thanatos

Which, if any of these, can I comfortably sell? I am thinking Isis, Godin, Thanatos, and the two Ra?

However dupe Isis might have a use.

Kyuur

I really wish 'overflow' HP existed. It's giant pain in the ass when my Verdandi leads get binded on floor 3 of Thursday Mythical since I lose a ton of HP, sometimes ending up below 50% if I'm unlucky with heart orbs. Pretty big hit to my damage (33.75x vs 46~x) that can cause my to die to the light Trifruit if I fuck up. :|

I could bring Alraune or Odin for auto-recover, but I'd have to dump tamadras into them and lose out on DPS, plus I would still likely only end up with 50~99% HP.

Dupes I have:

Skuld
Sun Quan
Isis
Godin
Ra (2 dupes)
Thanatos

Which, if any of these, can I comfortably sell? I am thinking Isis, Godin, Thanatos, and the two Ra?

However dupe Isis might have a use.
I could use a dupe Isis personally, on my Vegitto team she was my sole source of light element and I haven't awakened her yet because of that reason.

My Dupes. Most of them seem like pretty good monsters to have dupes off. Not sure what to do. Any that should go?

3 L kali
2 Leilan
2 Haku
2 L Meta
2 Kirin
2 R Sonia
2 Chiyome
2 BOA Robin
2 Parvati
2 Verdandi
2 Amaterasu
2 Sun Wukong
2 L Wee Jas
2 Dill Sirius
3 Gamble Mage
3 Beast Rider Merlin

hermit7

A little upset that we didn't get any new uevos with this update. Been waiting for Vishnu for the past 2 weeks since the release of the last set.

Awoken Ra is nearly ready. Need a fat metal for chibi valk so she can be ult evoed. And then I am all set. Fed off 7 Angelits and get no skill ups on kali today which is unfortunate but was able to max blonia with my excess of blue fruits though.

Still working on caocao skill ups, need two more. The drop rate has been pretty decent

razterik

Save dupe orb changers, especially Chinese. Light Tron you can probably cut down to one, although there is the possibility that she gets some sort of split ultimate buffed version. Same with GrOdin. Kirin I would wait till Awoken version is announced in case dupes are useful. Robin, Chiyome, Wee Jas, Parvati, Gamble Mage are not generally used beyond first. Keep two Merlin.

am_dragon

There really needs to be a value list somewhere. Would using the team listings on PADX be a good guide? For example, there is no instance of a Sun Quan team with dupes, so there isn't a reason to keep 2?

I don't think I've ever used a single elemental in any team and I have dups but do I sell them all?

There are a bunch of cards that I'm not sure about selling, I have at least 2 Orochi, Neptune, Ares, Minerva, Bastet, Kirin, Sarasvati, and Ceres.

I know dupes of cards that do full board changes would be bad to sell because they always make good subs; see L.Kali.

Save dupe orb changers, especially Chinese. Light Tron you can probably cut down to one, although there is the possibility that she gets some sort of split ultimate buffed version. Same with GrOdin. Kirin I would wait till Awoken version is announced in case dupes are useful. Robin, Chiyome, Wee Jas, Parvati, Gamble Mage are not generally used beyond first. Keep two Merlin.

Kinda what I was thinking too. I'll hold onto my subs for now until we see the dark dragon. If he is s tier material and i like his gameplay style I will probably throw this and more to get him.

razterik

It really depends on your own box worth, so it's almost impossible to put real value on something for someone else.

There is a troll team of all Sun Quans, lead one B/L and sub B/Gs. I wouldn't keep more than two or three though.

Sell dupe elementals, one is enough. Most silvers aren't likely to be buffed. I'm only keeping orb changing spares.

Anything with Awoken form is also unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

hermit7

It really depends on your own box worth, so it's almost impossible to put real value on something for someone else.

There is a troll team of all Sun Quans, lead one B/L and sub B/Gs. I wouldn't keep more than two or three though.

Sell dupe elementals, one is enough. Most silvers aren't likely to be buffed. I'm only keeping orb changing spares.

I agree with this. I kept a third haku but everything else I sold. Awokens lead me to believe that they won't get further evolutions. Maybe we are seeing a point where the power creep is slowing down and some of the newer mechanics will be interspersed more so that pure damage dealers will be redundant.

Though the pii dungeon with Kali at 30 million hp gives some doubt.

Negator

I almost fed a whole bunch of trifruits to Skuld by accident.

I would have been super sad.

2x Green, 4x, Blue, 1x Red

I guess I'm at the point where I can start complaining about no red fruits!

jay23

Am I the only one a little annoyed that you have to scroll down to get to your monster box now? They should put mp shop under it or in the shop.

FZZ

Banned
Am I the only one a little annoyed that you have to scroll down to get to your monster box now? They should put mp shop under it or in the shop.

In JP everything fits and you don't have to scroll down.

I hope they fix it in NA, I agree that it makes it annoying.

D/l is good but has lost some of his usefulness (skill cooldown is too long) while d/b is a decent leader but his active is outclassed. I am eager to see what the stats are for them.
9 turn delay isn't so bad. Wouldn't mind if it were shorter but I rarely felt like I needed to delay on consecutive floors (especially when there's bound to be one or two preemptive status shield enemies in a dungeon).

hermit7

9 turn delay isn't so bad. Wouldn't mind if it were shorter but I rarely felt like I needed to delay on consecutive floors (especially when there's bound to be one or two preemptive status shield enemies in a dungeon).

Not bad but aside from using piis skill ups are nonexistent.

I was a big fan at one point using d/l on my uy team to cover dark and light until yomi came.

razterik

New Batman split uevos already in game. Both seem like straight upgrades, although the loss of devil typing hurts a couple teams. And I'm sad about D/B giving up his skill bind resist.

Harley silver seems poor? Maybe okay for Urd.

linsivvi

So both rare Batmans got 5.2x conditional attack now. That power creep is real.

I still use Robin for tri-color and very rarely as a poor man's Anubis, so that stats buff and sub color is very welcomed.

Edit: Yeah Harley Quinn is totally made for Urd.

New Batman split uevos already in game. Both seem like straight upgrades, although the loss of devil typing hurts a couple teams. And I'm sad about D/B giving up his skill bind resist.

Harley silver seems poor? Maybe okay for Urd.
Aside from getting full bind immunity and the improved art, I see no reason to switch ults for D/L. My Beez/Ronia will miss the devil typing. My Hathor team will miss the light attribute. Prong is nice but the second skill boost is probably just as useful..

Leader skill is better but the 100% or <50% condition seems annoying.

Not bad but aside from using piis skill ups are nonexistent.

I was a big fan at one point using d/l on my uy team to cover dark and light until yomi came.
Arkham Knight skills him up now :lol. RIP my 5 badpys.

razterik

D/R is actually a leader now, where D/L is a joke lead. That 100% or less than 50% works perfectly fine for Gon, who is the premier green leader in JP right now. Too bad dark physical/machine has terrible subs, but that may change in the future. Agree that the awakenings are a bit worse, though unbindable is much better than the single one before.

Rixa

Iam hunting Dub-mythlits, but I dont need other lits. Is the Starlight Sanctuary on weekend goto place to possible getting them? For my team stage Goddess of Harvest is easy and same time gives nice rank exp & coins.

linsivvi

Iam hunting Dub-mythlits, but I dont need other lits. Is the Starlight Sanctuary on weekend goto place to possible getting them? For my team stage Goddess of Harvest is easy and same time gives nice rank exp & coins.

As long as you don't run it with the expectation of getting many drops. You run it for the rank xp and any Dub-mythlit is a bonus.

Rixa

As long as you don't run it with the expectation of getting many drops. You run it for the rank xp and any Dub-mythlit is a bonus.

Iam definetly keeping that in my mind. So far I only once seen Dub-mythlit there. Also I do it only if there is nothing else to do, got 2 DMs but I know I need more in the long run.

J0dy77

Man, my box is on poor status. I didn't realize that my dupes would only net 5k MP for the pantheon gods. Very very sad, best I can do is 150k monster points if I sell my dupe GZL and Light Meta. Not sure I want to do either yet.

I was trying to think, would it ever make sense to run the 1/2 price low level dungeons for three stamina and just sell the drops? How long would that take to farm MP.

Man, my box is on poor status. I didn't realize that my dupes would only net 5k MP for the pantheon gods. Very very sad, best I can do is 150k monster points if I sell my dupe GZL and Light Meta. Not sure I want to do either yet.

I was trying to think, would it ever make sense to run the 1/2 price low level dungeons for three stamina and just sell the drops? How long would that take to farm MP.

I get about 2 drops a run for 2 stam beginning dungeons, so 1 stam per MP would equal 300k stam to get a Shiva dragon. At around 180 stam at my current rank, it'd take me ~1666 stone refills to do that(Not counting stam over time) or ~333 pulls from the REM. I'll stick to the REM for my MP.

Top Bottom