• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I'm convinced that pc Godfest is a trap. I saved 80 stones in the US for the last pc and got next to nothing. I had 40 in jp this time and had the same awful result. I do much better with focusing on the pantheons.
Oh it's absolutely a trap, but you gotta chase after that one time out of 5 you score big

smbu2000

Wow, my Kite team can put up some pretty good damage. Vegeta is my main attacker on the team with the highest dark attack power. Even Vegito's sub dark element does a lot of damage. I think I had a 5 orb combo and 2 TPAs. The board was also enhanced with Awoken Tsukuyomi's skill.
IMG_0832wedkite_zps2hcg7fbh.jpg

I was farming for green masks and managed to max skill Zuoh #1. Now I need to work on #2.

edit: My team was Kite/Vegeta/Vegito/Trunks/A.Tsukuyomi. I'd like to use Ookuni in place of Trunks, but my Trunks is hyper and Ookuni doesn't really have any plus eggs.

Did my 2 GF pulls today...first pull Radiuos (dupe)...man screw this game. 2nd Pull Susanoo...YES !!!

Congrats,

i had something similar happening a week or two ago...i was so happy only to have the Pii not drop at all, i thought it would be a guaranteed drop if it appears on the floor and the other units dont drop...lol. This game can be cruel.
Yeah, well the coin dungeon was on 2x drop rate, so I was pretty much guaranteed the drop as long as it was the last one still alive.

Congrats on the Susano. He's a very useful sub, especially Awoken. I'm using mine quite a lot. Definitely make a nice addition to your Bastet team when needed.

razterik

Ugh. Gravity skills takes too long to activate. I don't want to farm Hera skillups = Is there good alternatives to Hera?

For bosses without status shields (or short turn ones), poison or delay work best to stop perseverance from activating. If it has a long preemptive shield, your options decrease depending on what action it takes after surviving. Usually you'll want to do a minimal leader skill activation so you do just enough damage to knock them under perseverance HP range. Sometimes you can use a shield to reduce a big hit, but that's often not possible.

It's a finicky mechanic that needs a limit on how many times it activates. I've been stuck ping ponging whole HP bars for a dozen turns or better in some instances.

Rixa

Well it took some tries but I didnt want to change team setup. As always, now I need Tamadras & enhancers & Vishnu to team before going to Zeus. Definetly switching ADKZ (0 awoken) to Vishnu when ever its ready.

Picture shows nicely how GZL skill brings great boost to damage (GRG & GZL).

For bosses without status shields (or short turn ones), poison or delay work best to stop perseverance from activating. If it has a long preemptive shield, your options decrease depending on what action it takes after surviving. Usually you'll want to do a minimal leader skill activation so you do just enough damage to knock them under perseverance HP range. Sometimes you can use a shield to reduce a big hit, but that's often not possible.

It's a finicky mechanic that needs a limit on how many times it activates. I've been stuck ping ponging whole HP bars for a dozen turns or better in some instances.

Cao cao on my shiva team essentially beat challenge 6 this time around (whichever one had the perseverance boss), that one turn delay meant assured death.

In other challenge news I beat challenge 9 with shiva team, subbed out red valk for chiyome (both max skilled and awoken but valk was much higher leveled and plussed). I always needed hearts on previous attempts so I didn't want to use her, chiyome removed that issue. Such a good run.

Challenge 10 is a no go for me, I don't think my shiva team(s) can take it, and awoken Ra can't without lkali.

razterik

Wow, lucky. Six runs of rare evo rush coin dungeon dropped two green trifruits which was all I needed to finish Verdandi. Three of those runs had only one drop and I didn't get a single gold keeper. Could have gone way worse. 2x coins where.

Putting together my Shiva Dragon uevo mats. Last thing is a red trifruit tomorrow, Lifive ate my stock.

Kyuur

Wow, I never thought about the defensive implications of the forced element change. With enough skill boosts / skill/bind resists that makes you invincible, does it not? Wonder how it works with dual element monsters, if you drop them below half does it revert back?

Maybe they'll start implementing monsters that change their own element as a skill.

That's a lot of info, haha. I'll definitely keep it in mind as I progress. Thanks.

It's a lot of info to take in. As said earlier, its a complex game and it takes a while to know what the hell everyone is talking about!

And I thought 30-60 minute long A. Anubis clears looked annoying. There's no chance that I would have the patience (or time) to use that team. Took 40 minutes just to wear out D.Kali's status shield...

ccbfan

Wow, I never thought about the defensive implications of the forced element change. With enough skill boosts / skill/bind resists that makes you invincible, does it not? Wonder how it works with dual element monsters, if you drop them below half does it revert back?

Maybe they'll start implementing monsters that change their own element as a skill.

It's a lot of info to take in. As said earlier, its a complex game and it takes a while to know what the hell everyone is talking about!

I thought of the possiblity the second they announced it but assume Gungho can be that stupid and have it change the characters offensive element too.

yami4ct

The problem with the super shield tanky Marionette teams is they have no offensive power. Sure, you can eventually kill any dungeon, but it will likely take forever to do it.

yami4ct

Complaining about taking too long to get a guaranteed Py? Pssh ... You youngins are spoiled. I've done longer runs for a non-guaranteed Rainbow Keeper! =P

I did that as well. I remember GrOdining for just keepers and even Hera. Now that I've got an Awoken Ra squad, I don't ever want to go back.

Also it's a guaranteed py, but not necessarily one of your color. Want to get 4 skillups on a monster? You're looking at potentially 20 runs on average just to do that. If you're spending an hour just to take out the Kalis, that's really not practical.

It last for one battle, not one turn.

Huh. I could have sworn I saw people claiming it was just a "x2 for one turn" equivalent. It lasting a whole battle.... jessssus.

I did that as well. I remember GrOdining for just keepers and even Hera. Now that I've got an Awoken Ra squad, I don't ever want to go back.

Also it's a guaranteed py, but not necessarily one of your color. Want to get 4 skillups on a monster? You're looking at potentially 20 runs on average just to do that. If you're spending an hour just to take out the Kalis, that's really not practical.

Lol. My first account (that I tossed in order to reroll) had this Keeper of Rainbow team:

Red Ogre, Valkyrie, Strawberry Dragon, Siren, filler, Leader Friend.

razterik

Was trying to figure out why you would pair with Dark Kali in that arena team until I realized it was Challenge mode. Still seems weirdly inefficient, but neat.

For anyone wondering about a counter to the Marionettes' color change, I'm pretty sure one already exists. Deus ex Machina has a skill that randomly changes her element. I would expect to see this in many future dungeons, and maybe even a "balance" update to Ultimate Arena.

Whoa, Quantum, that team makes me feel so old, thanks.

Kyuur

Those teams aren't even outdated guys, I used them not even a few months ago for my first Rainbow or two and to pass Hera for Two Heroes!

For anyone wondering about a counter to the Marionettes' color change, I'm pretty sure one already exists. Deus ex Machina has a skill that randomly changes her element. I would expect to see this in many future dungeons, and maybe even a "balance" update to Ultimate Arena.

Cool, good to know. Does she attack the same turn or is it like a status shield type thing?

Tomorrow looking rough for me. Need to do Trifruits, Hera-Beorc for Meimei invade, Gold Dragons / Thursday dungeon for evolving baby tamas. :( How do I decide.

Kyuur

Where do you guys farm for Mythlits besides Friday? I know they're in certain normals, technicals and coin dungeons, but is any idea where they most frequently spawn?

She attacks at the same time for 15k.

Neat. Thematically, I'm not sure how many monsters will do this.. In theory they could convert a lot of the monsters they would currently make dual-color to convert between the two I suppose.

Besides ridiculous things like the teams already posted, it would be cool to load up your team with the latent resists that match up with the color you are turning too, effectively giving your team a round-long 25% shield as well as the 2x bonus.

coy

I'm sure I have a pic of my first RK clear on my old phone. It was such an accomplishment if only for the attrition. Man, just thinking how we're coming up on 3 years for this game blows me away.

FZZ

Banned
First time I started was late 2013. Rerolled until gold and got Indra.

Ended up deleting that account when I was rank 40ish and then stopped playing the game. Around February 2014 I rerolled again, got Ra couldn't use him but kept on with the account since then. That same Ra is now Awoken and has beaten more descends for me in the past few weeks than any other lead I had before lmao.

Also for someone who hit 550 days and had a period of IAP I am very lowly ranked, around 191. I hate grinding and that prevents me from creating teams like ARa/Lkali/Lkali/Dkali/AIsis. Oh well I enjoy the game a lot at the pace I play it.

Since Kirin is getting an actual split ult now (unless they give her and ultimate on top of an ultimate on top of an ultimate), she'll satisfy the condition for getting an Awoken form.

Cannot wait to see what OP shit Gungho gives such a popular card.

Since Kirin is getting an actual split ult now (unless they give her and ultimate on top of an ultimate on top of an ultimate), she'll satisfy the condition for getting an Awoken form.

Cannot wait to see what OP shit Gungho gives such a popular card.
She's getting an awoken evo, not split.

Negator

Got all the green masks I needed today, for Kushinada and 2nd U&Y. God skyfall is such a troll in that dungeon. All of a sudden random TPA comes down and kills blue mask and I'm dead. I won't need to farm many masks after this, but when I do, Kushinada will be ready to save me.

Bring on the MP shop pls Gungho. I don't need 4 Ronias.

ZeroAKA

Also for someone who hit 550 days and had a period of IAP I am very lowly ranked, around 191. I hate grinding and that prevents me from creating teams like ARa/Lkali/Lkali/Dkali/AIsis. Oh well I enjoy the game a lot at the pace I play it.
I know the feeling. I'm at day ~750 and still only rank 260.

Beat Guan Yinping Master. Used a stone... Seems like she might pair up with the Leilan I pulled not too long ago.

May also beat Hera Ur Master today. If I do hopefully she drops as well.

My physical Blonia, King of Toyama Bay, BD Karin, King Bubblie and Snow White is doing some good work for me. Having a friend fully awoken Blodin has been helping out immensely as well.

Is it just me or is Guan Yinping a complete joke? I took the Skuld team and absolutely obliterated it, not even close.
The dungeon restrictions have been relaxed. Before, all your monsters had to have either Physical or Healer as their main types, so monsters like Skuld couldn't be used since her main type is God with Physical being secondary.

Same with dungeons that require all attributes. All colors needed to be main colors before.

Jagernaut

Challenge dungeon lv 6 done. My hypermaxed U&Y friends weren't up (my U&Y team is blind proof) so I went with Dtron. Awoken Neptune was there to poison the boss and keep her from using resolve to survive.

Holy shit! Went 4/7 to max skill Awoken Haku with orbs. Umbasa, RNG gods!

Have 13 Dark Piis but I'm still hesitant to use them if I don't have to. Have 6 Dark orbs left. I'm sure I'll end up regretting it when the ultimate arena becomes easy to farm and orbs are impossible to get. Just like how we hated getting Golems from anywhere from dungeons to the REM, and now I can't seem to get a Wood Golem to uvo my Dark Golem.

FZZ

Banned
The dungeon restrictions have been relaxed. Before, all your monsters had to have either Physical or Healer as their main types, so monsters like Skuld couldn't be used since her main type is God with Physical being secondary.

Same with dungeons that require all attributes. All colors needed to be main colors before.

Yup.

I had to run it with a Valk healer team when it first came out.

Shit was dumb.

Top Bottom