• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

Descend bosses sell for 100 mp in jp not sure if its an event or permanent there is that to look forward too instead of endlessly farming low level fodder.

assuming you get the max amount of drops in 1/2 stamina dungeon 4 and at 200 stamina, that is around 260~ mp points.

So 2 runs at a god rush assuming you get all 5 to drop, that is 10 gods that can be sold for 1000 mp

If you cant do god rush you can just farm Zeus 4 runs for 400 mp

there is also descend carnival that can drop up to 5 descend gods for 50 stamina so an even better way to farm mp

just have to wait a month or two.

Kyuur

I know you can't stack multiple type buffs (ie, 3x Healer and 2x Healer) on the same turn, but can you stack multiple different buffs (3x Healer and 3x Balanced, or 3x Healer and 2x Dark)?

J0dy77

I get about 2 drops a run for 2 stam beginning dungeons, so 1 stam per MP would equal 300k stam to get a Shiva dragon. At around 180 stam at my current rank, it'd take me ~1666 stone refills to do that(Not counting stam over time) or ~333 pulls from the REM. I'll stick to the REM for my MP.

Yeah good point, seemed logical on paper but when you do the math it doesn't make sense. Sucks.

I know you can't stack multiple type buffs (ie, 3x Healer and 2x Healer) on the same turn, but can you stack multiple different buffs (3x Healer and 3x Balanced, or 3x Healer and 2x Dark)?
Nope, except in the rare instance a skill buffs multiple elements/types simultaneously (like A.Neptune)

linsivvi

Descend bosses sell for 100 mp in jp not sure if its an event or permanent there is that to look forward too instead of endlessly farming low level fodder.

assuming you get the max amount of drops in 1/2 stamina dungeon 4 and at 200 stamina, that is around 260~ mp points.

So 2 runs at a god rush assuming you get all 5 to drop, that is 10 gods that can be sold for 1000 mp

If you cant do god rush you can just farm Zeus 4 runs for 400 mp

there is also descend carnival that can drop up to 5 descend gods for 50 stamina so an even better way to farm mp

just have to wait a month or two.

PADX info is wrong, the Rush dungeons can drop coins on every level so you'll maybe average 2-3 drops per run.

Maybe something like Scarlet, Journey to the West and Izanami where you get something like 1.5 drops per run?

Jagernaut

I switched my Dark/Water Batman to the new D/D ultimate evo. It's a small loss to my devil teams and I lose out on 1 awakening (they need to put the skill bind resist back on) but a nice upgrade to his leader skill.

Now he's like Killua but with worse typing. I need some dark machine orb changers. 27x atk for balance/machine is cool but my best subs are off type. Wish he stayed balance/devil, more people would roll for him.

Sold all my stuff that I'm 100% comfortable getting rid of. Only got me to 124K MP. Nowhere near enough for any MP monster. I could definitely sell stuff to get to 300K, but I'm way too leery of selling potentially useful monsters with how GH rejuvenates forgotten monsters.

Is there going to be a new chance at getting these? Or are they just for people who already had them all?
BatREM and the collab dungeon will probably be back on Monday, after the event. Maybe I can finish Hermes so I don't have to keep sacrificing all this blue experience on a max level card (with hardly any skill ups to show for it).

Jagernaut

Whoa, you can get Batman? I want Batman. How do you get Batman?

Batman rare egg machine. It had 2 rare Batman cards and 3 more common cards - another Batman, Robin, and Catwoman. I have one of the rare Batman cards.

bECQyfm.jpg

Whoa, you can get Batman? I want Batman. How do you get Batman?
There is a special rare egg machine that will appear... soon, which you can spend stones on to get a batmen. There are three possible variations: one silver egg and two gold eggs, so it's pretty easy to get at least one of them.

I like how Harley is the sole enemy to be added to the REM. I remember when batcha first debuted there were a lot of Japanese bbs posts that were like "omg who is this new waifu"

$$$

Just roll in the Batman rem when it comes again

Batman rare egg machine. It had 2 rare Batman cards and 3 more common cards - another Batman, Robin, and Catwoman. I have one of the rare Batman cards.

There is a special rare egg machine that will appear... soon, which you can spend stones on to get a batmen. There are three possible variations: one silver egg and two gold eggs, so it's pretty easy to get at least one of them.

Gotcha. Thanks, guys.

smbu2000

Well I tried out One Time Challenge dungeon #9 and cleared it on my first try. It was easier than #8, IMO. It's a no awakening dungeon (like Wadatsumi), so it was a bit tough with my Ra team. The 7x6 board and being able to get some extends with Ra's skill and A. Tsukuyomi's skill (5 extra seconds) made it much more doable. Still debating whether to try #10 or not.

On my iPad today, I was running the Friday dungeon a lot to get angelits/devilits. I was able to max skill both my Kanna (1 turn god/dragons 2x attack and other party members 1 turn haste every 10 turns) and my Satsuki (poison and water orbs change to dark orbs and other party members 1 turn haste every 7 turns.) Very happy to get them both done (without using any piis) since I just got them the other day. Now I just need to evo them.

It happened...got my first Pii Drop in a coin dungeon - okay NOW i believe that they actually can drop there.

Dat Kite team :eek: Damage is nuts - really nice. The OE Awakening Hype is real. Have you tried A.Yomi as a leader as well ? Do you have the subs for a solid A.Yomi team ?

Oh 2x Coin Dungeons ? Okay we havent gotten them so far so i didnt know you pretty much have a guaranteed drop during that event.

Yeah Susanoo should be a useful sub down the line. Last time had to bring along DMeta for a Challenge stage because Kushi lacks the +skills i need to active skills from round 1.
Congrats on getting a pii from the coin dungeon! It's always nice to finally get one to drop.

Yomi's skill is very useful with the whole board being enhanced, plus an extra 5 seconds of movement time.
I have decent subs like A.Haku/Kite/Vegeta x2/A.Anubis/Ookuninushi/Zuoh/Pandora/Hanzo, but my Yomi doesn't really have any pluses/needs to be skilled up and I only have one 297 Yomi friend right now.

Thanks to using the Hiroba app, I've been able to find quite a few hyper Kite friends. Kite seems a bit easier to use IMO as I just have to get the minimum 4 colors to get my 16x attack (including 5 orbs to make that color 64x attack.) I've been using him quite a bit lately and it's not such a change from using Vegito or one of my other color teams like Ra/LKali. Plus using Kite gives me a really great skill bind resist team. Each Kite has 2 skill bind resist awakenings, so having one sub with a skill bind resist awakening puts me at 100% skill bind resist.

In JP everything fits and you don't have to scroll down.

I hope they fix it in NA, I agree that it makes it annoying.
It just depends on your device I believe. My iPhone 5s shows the whole screen including the Monster Box button.

On my iPad (Air 2), I have to scroll down to see the Monster Box button.

Both are running JP accounts. My iPad has a higher resolution than the iPhone, but aspect ratio is different. The iPad is also using the phone version of the app.

zoku88

How far away are we from having xuanzang in that non cost limited dungeon? I'm not positive of my prospects for beating the cost limited dungeon.

Somebody pointed out that Arkham Knight is a better Echidna in many ways, especially for Devil teams. Batman continues to be the saviour of no-IAP players

How far away are we from having xuanzang in that non cost limited dungeon? I'm not positive of my prospects for beating the cost limited dungeon.
I forgot she can also spawn in Descended Carnival, which we should be getting any time now.

razterik

I remember Descend Carnival showing up fairly soon after Zhou Yu.

If we were following that time table, it should be soon. But we are already behind on other dungeons we should have had by now, so who knows. They can't even get the coin dungeons updated.

Rixa

It just depends on your device I believe. My iPhone 5s shows the whole screen including the Monster Box button.

On my iPad (Air 2), I have to scroll down to see the Monster Box button.

Both are running JP accounts. My iPad has a higher resolution than the iPhone, but aspect ratio is different. The iPad is also using the phone version of the app.

^^ This. My alt is at iPhone 5s EU acco, and everything fits to screen. While my NA main acco (Xperia Z2) I need to scroll down to Monster Box. Dunno is there some difference between iOS / Android.

One big diffrence is that gameplay is much easier from bigger screen (Z2) versus tiny 5s screen, on 5s that fingerprint detector doesnt make things easier either. So easy to accidentally move finger to there and fumble move.

razterik

Comparing our version updates to dungeon progression is a lost cause. GungHo doesn't seem to care if they outpace one or the other. Sometimes I wonder if they are purposely holding back content because they think we can't handle new things without power creep.

Didn't realize that Arkham Knight was devil type. Makes it easier to switch my D/L to the other ultimate. If only AK had a skill boost. But he does seem like a better Echidna in some ways. Max skilling one, maybe more depending on how hard it is to get his drop.

Some of the other Arkham buffs are okay. Catwoman could use a skill up to go with her new orb creation. D/D Batman gains 500 HP, much better stat total.

Kyuur

Argh, died to Hades on Beorc Mythical. Maybe I could bring delay since it gives plenty of recharge time as it is and I might not have to bring him down using other skills. Or Meimei could just invade so I can get the jewel I'm in there for anyways. :x

I keep dying to JP challenge 7 for stupid reasons, it is quite frustrating. If it's not skyfall fucking me over on 200k shield it's RNG constantly putting me into one-shot kill range of monsters or me flubbing combos due to the tiny board.

LuffyZoro

Alright, now that I've finally gotten my Awoken Shiva, I'm going to use my best friend on a hypermax. Bonus points if you use LZL, Durga, or Kushi. 341,650,357

Epic Drop

Alright, now that I've finally gotten my Awoken Shiva, I'm going to use my best friend on a hypermax. Bonus points if you use LZL, Durga, or Kushi. 341,650,357

My Shiva is hypermax and up at all times, but fair warning that I don't use those other leads.

hermit7

Was finally able to beat challenge level 9 without stones.

Used shiva/urd/urd/caocao/hino/friend shiva.

Have finally gotten most of those cards max skilled (all but shiva) just need a few more flampys and I will be all set. I am really enjoying this team, and the multiplier with two prongs is powerful.

Fooled around with Ult Ult Kirin in Endless. After using Awoken Ra for so long, she's so easy to activate. Damage is still really impressive on non x36 turns because of orb enhance awakenings. I think the main thing holding her back is the active skill. It just doesn't mesh well at all with her Leader Skill.

Fooled around with Ult Ult Kirin in Endless. After using Awoken Ra for so long, she's so easy to activate. Damage is still really impressive on non x36 turns because of orb enhance awakenings. I think the main thing holding her back is the active skill. It just doesn't mesh well at all with her Leader Skill.
Yeah that active has to go. That's the main reason I'm excited about Awoken Sakuya. I'm sure they'll keep gravity as part of it, but it'd be lame if they just went with gravity + haste. I'd love to see her gain use as a sub.

I better decide now how much $$$ I want to spend on the Batman REM.

I want to say no more than $10. But that won't be possible.

Goddamn PAD. Making me spend real money.

Yeah that active has to go. That's the main reason I'm excited about Awoken Sakuya. I'm sure they'll keep gravity as part of it, but it'd be lame if they just went with gravity + haste. I'd love to see her gain use as a sub.

I'm really hoping they make her active something like "Change all orbs to Light, Water, Wood, and Fire."

A far less useful sub than Kali, but at least she wouldn't be completely outclassed by Kali as a leader.

I'm really hoping they make her active something like "Change all orbs to Light, Water, Wood, and Fire."

A far less useful sub than Kali, but at least she wouldn't be completely outclassed by Kali as a leader.

Give it haste and a bit lower cooldown and it'll be alright, I believe. Maybe convert dark into light orbs with a weaker gravity along with the haste. Lots of different ways to go about it without losing the feel of a Sakuya active.

Is: Urd, Freyr, Set, Yamato, RGY a good enough box for Shiva Dragon?

Set is the odd one out but if you got nothing better you could do worse. Set's active cooldown is way too long and awakenings aren't that great for the team, nice, but you want some prongs for trash, rows for killing or some skill bind resisting.

smbu2000

^^ This. My alt is at iPhone 5s EU acco, and everything fits to screen. While my NA main acco (Xperia Z2) I need to scroll down to Monster Box. Dunno is there some difference between iOS / Android.

One big diffrence is that gameplay is much easier from bigger screen (Z2) versus tiny 5s screen, on 5s that fingerprint detector doesnt make things easier either. So easy to accidentally move finger to there and fumble move.
I don't know. For me, I don't really have a problem with the screen size of the 5s. It's probably because I used (and started playing PAD on) an iphone 5 for 2 years. I switched over to an iphone 6 after that, but found that I could get a pretty good amount of money for it and I got a really great price on the 5s so I switched over. The larger screen size didn't really make it any easier to play. I usually have a harder time doing diagonal movements on my larger iPad screen compared to my smaller 5s.

I'm still debating on whether to switch over to the 6s, or keep my 5s, when it gets released soon.

I keep dying to JP challenge 7 for stupid reasons, it is quite frustrating. If it's not skyfall fucking me over on 200k shield it's RNG constantly putting me into one-shot kill range of monsters or me flubbing combos due to the tiny board.
That happened to me on my first try at 7. Skyfalls screwed me up on Sopdet. Luckily on my second try (after changing teams) Thoth came out instead.

On 8 I kept accidentally getting Belial into the danger zone and he one shot me.

coy

I dedicated today trying to max skill my Kalis for the Ra team. I got lucky with D.Kali as she was max skilled with only 13 devilits, but L.Kali went 3/11 then 0/6 before I switched gears. I'll get those other 2 skillups during another event.

I wanted to get some Challenge runs in as I'll be busy all of tomorrow. Thankfully, I got through C7 and C8 and now Ra is max skilled! I have enough stored +eggs to max Ra and one of the Kalis, but I'm waiting to decide if Yomi may be my target. I'm already saving all my badpys for Yomi when her awoken form arrives. Anyway, I'll be eyeing C9 and C10 on Sunday.

razterik

That 8 exp made me laugh more than it should.

Shiva Dragon paying back dividends already. Max skilled Light Kali, Vishnu, and Sarasvati in a little over four hours. Probably would have been twice as long with my slower teams. Fast farming is the best.

hermit7

That 8 exp made me laugh more than it should.

Shiva Dragon paying back dividends already. Max skilled Light Kali, Vishnu, and Sarasvati in a little over four hours. Probably would have been twice as long with my slower teams. Fast farming is the best.

What is your Shiva Dragon team looking like?

I don't have as many red gods as I would like, and they are lacking in rows. The best I could do is Urd/Urd/Ares/rodin. Thoughts?

razterik

Right now using Ares/Yamato/Rodin/Horus. Horus is there for the skill bind resist. Eventually going for a standard Ares/Ares/Yamato/flex team.

When I was running insect dungeons, I dropped Horus for Ronia so I could five combo a board on the boss. For Friday Mythical, I put in Echidna for floor 2, Rodin floor 3, and then Ares or Yamato->Ares for floor 4.

Dropping one or two slots to a red non-God or even an off color sub doesn't impede farming strength much at all. It may be more punishing for much tougher content, but I still see Challenge dungeon clears with things like Indra subs, etc.

Your team looks really solid. It will have 10 red rows eventually, which is plenty. And Shiva Dragon is as TPA capable as anything else, so Urd fits fine. Wish I had at least one Urd myself, although my summer version is nice enough. I think you'll be okay with that team, don't be afraid to experiment with random subs and test your damage output.

Quantum

Right now using Ares/Yamato/Rodin/Horus. Horus is there for the skill bind resist. Eventually going for a standard Ares/Ares/Yamato/flex team.

When I was running insect dungeons, I dropped Horus for Ronia so I could five combo a board on the boss. For Friday Mythical, I put in Echidna for floor 2, Rodin floor 3, and then Ares or Yamato->Ares for floor 4.

Dropping one or two slots to a red non-God or even an off color sub doesn't impede farming strength much at all. It may be more punishing for much tougher content, but I still see Challenge dungeon clears with things like Indra subs, etc.

Your team looks really solid. It will have 10 red rows eventually, which is plenty. And Shiva Dragon is as TPA capable as anything else, so Urd fits fine. Wish I had at least one Urd myself, although my summer version is nice enough. I think you'll be okay with that team, don't be afraid to experiment with random subs and test your damage output.

I've started down this road too - I'm thinking (future)

ares/ares/ares/yamato

I wasn't planning on getting the dragon, but I have no self control - and didn't prepare the evo mats beforehand so I'm still a bit fluid with what I'm using. I also haven't touched my ares yet so I have to go through skilling each which will be annoying.

on the positive side - you are correct about shiva dragon teams burning through farming content, it really makes everything so much less painful, and I can see how a developed team will tear through early - mid content.

I am currently using more of a tpa set up which I know is wrong, but its where most of my red/god investment has gone and it is still pretty tough - current team is

urd/urd/yamato/femme

so many panic buttons and orb changes that it hasn't had much of an issue.

Dammit Raz! I'm glad you convinced me on ult Goemon, but MP monsters are on a whole 'nother level. I'm not a heavy REMer anymore but I still farm. And I know Shiva Dragon would definitely make that more efficient. But I'd have to ransack my box after only getting to 124K after selling all my "safe" stuff.

*crying thinking about all the Grodins fed for attempted skillups back in the day*

Although I know I can get there if I stop being such a damn hoarder. Actually just realized while typing this that I have 3 Blodins. I never use my max-skilled ultimate one as is. What's the chance I need 2 dupes? That's 100K MP right there. Hmm. Decisions...

Blodin is good but I don't know of a team where you'd want 3 of him. He always seemed more like a good one-of if you lacked anything else in that slot. You could always go hard with rows and Neptune dragon+3 Blodins with one orb changer and hope for the best. But man, that best would be sweet.

Quantum

Dammit Raz! I'm glad you convinced me on ult Goemon, but MP monsters are on a whole 'nother level. I'm not a heavy REMer anymore but I still farm. And I know Shiva Dragon would definitely make that more efficient. But I'd have to ransack my box after only getting to 124K after selling all my "safe" stuff.

*crying thinking about all the Grodins fed for attempted skillups back in the day*

Although I know I can get there if I stop being such a damn hoarder. Actually just realized while typing this that I have 3 Blodins. I never use my max-skilled ultimate one as is. What's the chance I need 2 dupes? That's 100K MP right there. Hmm. Decisions...

I use dupes for my blonia team (just two - never three).

that being said I haven't run my blonia team in more than 4 months.

Noaloha

Woo, fiiiiiinally got an egg from Xuanzang.

This team with another lone Kirin that I saw on my friendlist.

vw4st4y.png

I figured my levels/numbers and would be too low, but it did surprisingly well against the 40stam dungeon. I think I got pretty lucky with my orbs also. All three delays were used.

Very happy to finally have that out of the way and now I can work on Awk Haku.

hermit7

Maybe I Will take the plunge then. I am just nervous about choosing someone when mp points are so hard to acquire. That is my biggest worry.

FZZ

Banned
So when are we scheduled to have the next JP stream again?

Really want to see Awoken Kirin and the Dark MP dragon.

Top Bottom