• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

bjork

Got 10 stones for my 100th day login. My boxes haven't changed much from the other day, I evolved a mermaid and that's it. Should I use the stones on the rare machine now?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got 10 stones for my 100th day login. My boxes haven't changed much from the other day, I evolved a mermaid and that's it. Should I use the stones on the rare machine now?

Congrats !!
You probably wanna wait for the next Godfest with good featured units before pulling - we should get another end of the month.

bjork

Congrats !!
You probably wanna wait for the next Godfest with good featured units before pulling - we should get another end of the month.

Oh, nice. I can hold out for sure, heh. I'm still plugging away on the regular levels and at least making a little progress. Still nowhere near the level you guys discussed the last few days. Not for a long time.

Though, I did see that you can do ultimate evolutions whenever, and I had previously thought you needed to max their level first. Is there a benefit to doing it earlier or to waiting?

cw_sasuke

Oh, nice. I can hold out for sure, heh. I'm still plugging away on the regular levels and at least making a little progress. Still nowhere near the level you guys discussed the last few days. Not for a long time.

Though, I did see that you can do ultimate evolutions whenever, and I had previously thought you needed to max their level first. Is there a benefit to doing it earlier or to waiting?

Yes, you dont need to be max level to do Uevos - but the cost of the unit will increase and you might not be able to fit the unit in your team anymore. If you have the evo materials and it doesnt screw up your team cost structure you can go ahead...but waiting a bit until you rank up more and have more units ready is fine as well. You might wanna use the evo materials on better Godfest units once you pull them.

3x normals got me ~250 +eggs, all on natural stamina. Still undecided on who to use them on. The plan was Kagu, but I'm starting to think I should do DKali instead, just for her overall utility.

Kwhit10

3x normals got me ~250 +eggs, all on natural stamina. Still undecided on who to use them on. The plan was Kagu, but I'm starting to think I should do DKali instead, just for her overall utility.

I got 100+s playing when I could. I. M also deciding on whether I should put them on Dkali, or put them on yomi for her awoken form when it comes. I use dkali more than my yomi, and would probably use my dkali on an AYomi team.

J0dy77

I'm starting to dislike D. Kali. Her active loves to troll me with tons of hearts and a chaotic board. I've wiped a few runs due to bad orb changes from her. Also, she's not a damage dealer with lack of TPA awakenings. I like to focus plus eggs on the burst characters.

Still a great place for +eggs on a team and not sure which card of the two you use more or what teams you run. I was just ranting on D. Kali a bit. :)

How much Legend+ have you done, cause D.Kali is invaluable in the increasing number of instances where you need to both heal and go ham. I used to be mad that I rolled D.Kali and lusted after L.Kali but these days my opinion has pretty much flipped lol

cw_sasuke

Cleared Challenge Desc - i was going to wait but i had lil bit free time and spend 2 stones to clear the whole set. Died once on Hera Rush because i failed to kill Sowilo after i already used Kushi...lol.
Glad that i finished it - i will have time to farm some evo materials and clear the new Technical War Dragon stages.

PS. DKali is the best card in the game...she is OP as it is, so a little bit RNG when it comes to the provided orbs is a small price to pay for a outta-jail free card xD
How many of your teams use or will use DKali ? I would max hypermax her asap if i had her though. Then again i might stop with hypermaxing and start increasing just the specific area were the unit needs it most.

Anyone have any experience farming pirates for skill ups, Legendary Seaway vs respective Pirate Dragon dungeons?
Seaway is much better - especially if you need two or tree of the Pirates and at weekends.
How much Legend+ have you done, cause D.Kali is invaluable in the increasing number of instances where you need to both heal and go ham. I used to be mad that I rolled D.Kali and lusted after L.Kali but these days my opinion has pretty much flipped lol

hermit7

Finished all of the challenge except for hera and the second and third. And those only because I am waiting for stamina. Took a few tries on devil rush because of bad board with urd on Beelz and my own errors. I am not sure how I can beat hera, my team doesn't have enough health for the preemptive unless I use kush but she is off color and I really value my orb changers.

Opinions?

I definitely have more teams that use Kagu, but they are mostly farming teams. I'm actually realizing that plussing him would really just be a luxury.

Kali, on the other hand, I actually use on higher difficulty content. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Kyuur

Seaway is much better - especially if you need two or tree of the Pirates and at weekends.

Cool, I guess it gets 1.5x drops on weekends? It actually provides pretty decent experience for my rank too, should be able to get a few runs a day.

With U&Y getting physical with his new super ult (is that the official name or a fan thing?) I took a look at physical enhancers... If DC is coming soon, I might try to get Aquaman out of the collab. As a bonus, he would replace my current planned Light sub (Siegfried). I don't know if the 5 or so rolls I could maybe come up with be enough though despite him being Silver though.

cw_sasuke

Finished all of the challenge except for hera and the second and third. And those only because I am waiting for stamina. Took a few tries on devil rush because of bad board with urd on Beelz and my own errors. I am not sure how I can beat hera, my team doesn't have enough health for the preemptive unless I use kush but she is off color and I really value my orb changers.

Opinions?

I would use Kushi even if she is off color - i dont know your subs but if you run Shiva and the some of his relevant subs you should be able to clear the stage. I havent played with A.Shiva yet but he is more or less on Bastet level - so one off color/utility unit shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Just need to make sure that you have one orb changer ready again for the boss stage. With Bastet i kill Hera-Is without an orb changer...you can probably do the same with Hera-Beorc if you got a couple red orbs on board.
I definitely have more teams that use Kagu, but they are mostly farming teams. I'm actually realizing that plussing him would really just be a luxury.

Kali, on the other hand, I actually use on higher difficulty content. I think I'm gonna go for it.

Yeah that was gonna be my 2nd question...will +egging Kagu make a noticable difference ? Doenst look like it, if it doesnt let you clear more content than before.

DKali is a must have...especially once U&Y get his upgrade.
Cool, I guess it gets 1.5x drops on weekends? It actually provides pretty decent experience for my rank too, should be able to get a few runs a day.

With U&Y getting physical with his new super ult (is that the official name or a fan thing?) I took a look at physical enhancers... If DC is coming soon, I might try to get Aquaman out of the collab. As a bonus, he would replace my current planned Light sub (Siegfried). I don't know if the 5 or so rolls I could maybe come up with be enough though despite him being Silver though.

Yes, weekend is perfect for U&S and Kushi farming on Seaway, As you said you get nice exp and solid drops so you dont feel too bad about the 88stamina cost.

Also looking forward to U&Ys comeback party....

Jagernaut

For a Shiva team you can use Jotunn (Phoenix Rider is better if you have one) as a fire damage reducer. Dark Izanami has a fire sub color also.

It's cool going back to old descends that were tricky and smashing through with newer teams. I only used mini DQXQ, LZL, and Arcline on Satan, every other stage I used no skills.

9VfqZgT.jpg

razterik

Anyone have any experience farming pirates for skill ups, Legendary Seaway vs respective Pirate Dragon dungeons?

In my experience, Seaway is far and away better, even compared to Pirate Dragons on 2x. The pirate drops are too rare in their own dungeon.

Opinions?

A.Shiva? Off color Kushi would be okay if your team is strong enough. Someone else already mentioned Dark Izanami, which is a good pick. Also worth considering pairing with A.Minerva. You lose a bit of damage, which can hurt early on, but she resists many of the more dangerous hits.

The best part of plussing Kagutsuchi is that it makes him more capable of cruising through dungeons with his lead skill. If he is a main damage dealer on a red TPA team, you're getting 3x return on your invested ATK eggs. I would plus both or consider giving ATK to Kagu and HP/RCV to Dark Kali, but it ultimately depends on what team needs the extra boost in the end.

jay23

Should I use flampys on Shiva, hino, or awoken Minerva(don't really use her much).

I'm leaning heavily towards hino I don't use awoken Shiva much early on in dungeons.

hermit7

Was at a bit of a loss with shiva on the last stage of hera rush. So I took out Bastet and was able to sweep pretty easily.

Bastet/vishnu/verd/kush/meimei/Bastet.

It was pretty much sweep through using skills as needed, got verd bound for 3 turns but was able to stall through sowilo and then used meimei and kush to absorb the preemptive. Got a good board off of verd and was able to burst the final floor with bastets extra time.

jay23

You probably get the most out of Hino. Then again, Minerva only needs two Flampy to be max skilled.

Heh I never noticed Minerva was a 5 turn orb changer wish she had a TPA.

I fed 3 to hino, now time to waste box space searching through 20+ messages looking for the final flampy.

This was back when L.Kali was queen shit of the iron throne so yeah

All of three or so months, good times.

Too bad about that A.Ammy, it would have been nice if she was the one to bring them back. N-not like I'm invested in that type of team or anything.

I have hyper maxed almost 4 cards, L.meta is one SL away from that. I think I'm going to just level my other DQXQ and replace Raphael, I can't take this million year cooldown.
u0tsvyO.png

razterik

NA card changes likely this week, KR already announced.

Ares split ult (yay!!)
Udon ult

Sonia/Avalon/Ilm max cool down reduction to 13 (Trifruits probably switching at start of next month, so this might be the last Thursday for a while to farm skill ups)

Awilda et al max cool down reduction to 5 (Still holding onto 10 dragons for this which was silly since they brought them back in coins again)

Dark Tron HP boost choo choo

Heroes minimum orb leader skill activation reduced to 4 orbs for 2x ATK

cw_sasuke

Ares split ult (yay!!)
Udon ult

Sonia/Avalon/Ilm max cool down reduction to 13 (Trifruits probably switching at start of next month, so this might be the last Thursday for a while to farm skill ups)

Awilda et al max cool down reduction to 5 (Still holding onto 10 dragons for this which was silly since they brought them back in coins again)

Okay nothing for me with this update/changes but cool for our Shiva Dragon with Ares - should be plenty of fun xD

Ares split ult (yay!!)
Udon ult

Yes! Now we need Fire gala + Greco godfest! Just do it, GungHo!

Rixa

Question: Would friend A.Bastet (hypermaxed) and this team be enough to beat Sandalphon Dungeon?

Or should I try some other friend leader and is the key to get Sandalphon near 50% and then kill it in one turn?

Rixa

^Some like to use Ceres,
But it seems like its doable with other green leads also.

Oh yeah I see why Awoken Ceres would be nice in this dungeon.
Quick clance to friend list and I dont see single Ceres leader :/. I propably try this dungeon in about 3h30min time from this post.

Kindly asking: If someone from my friendlist that reads this post has Awoken Ceres and could put it up in 3h time (I relog then). If not then I use Bestcat :) and fumble my fingers.

Oh yeah I see why Awoken Ceres would be nice in this dungeon.
Quick clance to friend list and I dont see single Ceres leader :/. I propably try this dungeon in about 3h30min time from this post.

Kindly asking: If someone from my friendlist that reads this post has Awoken Ceres and could put it up in 3h time (I relog then). If not then I use Bestcat :) and fumble my fingers.

I have an Awoken Ceres I can put up. Fully awakened but only +1 and unskilled

Rixa

Added. can you make sure you see her so I know I did it right

I always forget how that worked
I did check friendlist and your Ceres is there
there.

Edit: 2 Tries, couldnt clear. First try with Ceres ended to Michael, second try ended to Raphael. Some mistakes were made on the road but nothing major. On first try I was sure I made alot more than 600k (yeah and they I understood that it has to be one unit that does it) damage to Michael but seems that I didnt cause it only took about third of his HP and then I died. Some day later on the road I try this again.

smbu2000

Well I finally managed to hyper the Ra on my iPad. I haven't been focusing on it too intently, but I'm glad I got him finished. My next target is Shiva. I'm still trying to get a Phoenix for him though. I've been playing the Red sky dragon dungeon a lot. Tried out Vulcan a few times in the challenge dungeons. Tried more times in the Zhou Yu one and still nothing...

Also managed to hyper the Bastet on my iPhone. Just needed those last few HP plus eggs. Finally starting to get a bit serious about running the 10x descends. Now I'm giving the eggs to my Yomi. Hopefully I can get him close to finished by the end of the event, but I'll probably lack HP plus eggs. He's a mainstay on my Kite team.

I'm currently running Kite/Vegeta/Vegito/Trunks/Yomi on the team. I'm looking for somebody to replace Trunks though. I might use LMeta instead of him on the team as my team is weak against bind. I don't need Trunks skill bind resist as I'm already at 100% SBR without him (Kite has 2 x 2 with a friend and Yomi has 1) and she covers water for me.

edit: Also cleared Aegir the other day (first try) on both of mine. Easier than I expected thanks to the 7x6 board.

Am I imagining reading about Rodin getting his active cooldown reduced? I checked PADX entry regarding the Sonia reductions but didn't see Rodin mentioned. Really wish I didn't feed away my dupe Ares once upon a time. But looking forward to his split ultimate for Shiva Dragon.

Debating on feeding A.Leilan for skillups or using those orbs for second ult Goemon...

cw_sasuke

Not much to do for today...clearing some Coin Dungeons and Keeper farming...well.

I have a question about the Marionette Series MP series - does their skill stay active if you can OHKO the enemies ? Like how Def Break skills stay active as long as you kill all enemies. If its just for that single encounter i think someone like GZL would be better on a Bastet sqaud - way better stats and can be used twice per stage.
I did check friendlist and your Ceres is there
there.

Edit: 2 Tries, couldnt clear. First try with Ceres ended to Michael, second try ended to Raphael. Some mistakes were made on the road but nothing major. On first try I was sure I made alot more than 600k (yeah and they I understood that it has to be one unit that does it) damage to Michael but seems that I didnt cause it only took about third of his HP and then I died. Some day later on the road I try this again.

Hmm...did you give it a shot with Bastet or Verdandi friends ? Bringing Echidna along can also be helpful for that stage if she is skilled up enough to be ready during Michael or Gabriel. You probably can clear the stage with the units you have.....just need to get used to the stage, also there are a bunch of other easier Desc you might wanna clear first.
Well I finally managed to hyper the Ra on my iPad. I haven't been focusing on it too intently, but I'm glad I got him finished. My next target is Shiva. I'm still trying to get a Phoenix for him though. I've been playing the Red sky dragon dungeon a lot. Tried out Vulcan a few times in the challenge dungeons. Tried more times in the Zhou Yu one and still nothing...

Good luck on getting Phoenix...i think the invade rate is quite good since i got him in less than 10 attempts this weekend. So if you dedicate on weekend to Red Skies you should get him as well.

Hmm...did you give it a shot with Bastet or Verdandi friends ? Bringing Echidna along can also be helpful for that stage if she is skilled up enough to be ready during Michael or Gabriel. You probably can clear the stage with the units you have.....just need to get used to the stage, also there are a bunch of other easier Desc you might wanna clear first.

He's running Verdandi so can't be a Verdandi friend for Sandalphon

cw_sasuke

Ah ok - its been a while since i have done the Desc but with Verdandi/Bastet it should be possible as well.

Edit:

quickmemo_2015-05-15-8hxn0.png

Actually ..looking back i also cleared it with Verdandi/Ceres for the first time.

Question: Would friend A.Bastet (hypermaxed) and this team be enough to beat Sandalphon Dungeon?

Or should I try some other friend leader and is the key to get Sandalphon near 50% and then kill it in one turn?
I run Sandalphon with Verdandi/Bastet. Your team is pretty similar.

I rely on Cao Cao to kill Astaroth Michael, but Vishnu should be able to break through. Without bind clear, Gabriel might give you trouble. Also, make sure GZL is in the first sub slot, or you'll have problems killing Raphael. I usually just try to kill Sandalphon in one turn.

hermit7

I hate wadatsumi. Worst descend by far.

Tried it with a verd team and stalling is fine, but missed the last combo needed got 7 needed probably 8 and left him with 5% health.

May try with a durga team.

cw_sasuke

Random thought, but I wish Grodin had bind clear in his active skill. I would actually use him, rather than let him collect dust.
That would be great... And make Odin Dragon an even bigger ripoff lol.

But honestly I wonder when and if GFE will get Awoken Versions. Odin Dragon is like a better version of A.Ceres and Odin, so I doubt they will make a regular REM card this good.

Anything to make Odin more relevant again would be cool though... Just being a Stat stick isn't enough anymore.

cw_sasuke

How did you manage to get past UmiYama with such a green heavy team?
Stalling the 10 turns on U&Y actually is quite easy if you bring along Echidna and a emergency heartmaker.

I always use Echidna at the beginning of U&Y so I can use her again on Siren or Wadatsumi.. Depending on which other actives are available and if the wood units get bound by Siren.

Echidna is the MVP for this stage.

hermit7

How did you manage to get past UmiYama with such a green heavy team?

Stall him out. Ran verd/awoken Parvati/meimei/kush/vishnu/friend verd.

All essentially to tank umi/Yami and ensure heal orbs.

I might try and use Michael instead of meimei, extra rcv and health orb creation might be better.

Top Bottom