• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Dont have Pavarti or Perseus so imma just pretend like I didn't want that woodpy anyway lol. I feel so helpless without any time extends, Wadatsumi is the real "Lord of hell" in pad.

Jagernaut

I don't like Wadatsumi but I really needed the woodpy for Awoken Bastet so I beat it with Awoken Horus. I used Echidna on U&Y and Wadatsumi.

V8QQJBU.jpg

Torpy

Neo Member
New here so not sure if this is okay to post D:

So after a LOT of re-rolling I finally ended up with a very good starter I got Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao.

Now sorry if this is an annoying question but I wasn't quite sure where to ask, what should I be looking for in friends? I have just been going with the highest attack up until this point.

So after a LOT of re-rolling I finally ended up with a very good starter I got Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao.

Now sorry if this is an annoying question but I wasn't quite sure where to ask, what should I be looking for in friends? I have just been going with the highest attack up until this point.

DQ pairs best with herself honestly. That's true of most leaders.

Unless you mean sub monsters. In which case utility stuff like Echidna (3 turn delay) really shines.

hermit7

To begin you can use any color matching lead. And later on around castle of Satan you can find some dqxq friends.

Kyuur

Took a chance with a non 100% SBR (80%) team on Yomi Goddess Challenge and paid for it. Accidentally KO'd Liza once I got her under 50% and my Verdandi team couldn't keep healing up to stall on Diza.

Will probably just take a chance again and hope it goes my way. Not sure if I should put the Bubs to Awoken Orochi or Isis once I uvo them; probably Isis to work toward more consistent 36x activation once U&Y's new ult is in.

Silent_Z

How in the heck did I manage to kill Sandalphon when he was in Descended Challenge. Can't beat him in his actual dungeon due to the Raphael roadblock.

Devils(LuBu/Beelz + Sonia) with Echidna and Thanatos subs is the easy way. I think I ran Beelz leader with Lu Bu, Haku, Thanatos, Echidna as subs and a Sonia friend. Delay + Thanatos shield should give 3 turns with no dark absorb which makes it pretty trivial.

razterik

I always cheese through Sandalphon with Minerva/Rodin pair. Usually hit Raphael with Sonia->Minerva with orb enhance combo. Overkill, but I hate that floor. Then stall on boss as long as necessary. Can use Echidna for extra safety.

Rixa

Thanks for the suggestions for Sandalphon.

Next question:

Those flower dungeons are new to me so going to do them atleast once for stone. Since I have 2 Starling Dragons, should I try to collect them all and then evo Mutecocoon to Swallowtail.
I mean I do have 2x Zuoh and Swallowtail has same colours. Ofc Swallowtail skill aint great and team RCV might be an issue.

hermit7

I always cheese through Sandalphon with Minerva/Rodin pair. Usually hit Raphael with Sonia->Minerva with orb enhance combo. Overkill, but I hate that floor. Then stall on boss as long as necessary. Can use Echidna for extra safety.

I think running sandals on last time I ran it with Shiva and urd paired.

Along with minerva/caocao/hino/lelian good number of orb changers and full board on raph and sandals on is enough to take them both down.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Reposting my question from last page - would be cool if players of the JP version could comment on it
I have a question about the Marionette Series MP series - does their skill stay active if you can OHKO the enemies ? Like how Def Break skills stay active as long as you kill all enemies. If its just for that single encounter i think someone like GZL would be better on a Bastet sqaud - way better stats and can be used twice per stage.

PS. Challenge Dungeons are a great way to farm units/boss for skill ups - casually working on Iza if there is nothing else to do. Even better if we get a skill up event soon.

cw_sasuke

As far as I understand, no, it does not persist between floors and has to be reapplied each time.

Ah thanks.. thats a bummer even if expected. I feel if its really "just" every 10-15 turn active they shouldnt be THIS expensive. Outside of their active they dont offer too much for a team...in a Bastet squad with Vishnu/Bei and A.Meimei i would rather bring along GZL instead of spending 250k on Marionettes.

I have to say...for green based teams the MP Shop doesnt offer much as of now, the units are good utility subs but overpriced for what they bring to the table.

cw_sasuke

Looks like we are getting a new EXP dungeon tomorrow

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1427

Thats....quite good, best exp/stamina ratio yet ? :eek:
You don't use them for final burst, you use them together with the padz dragons or awilda to gain invulnerability!

Okay im not interested in them anymore - this doesnt sound like too much fun to play will probably prolong the time you spend in battles quite a bit.

Are you interested in the Marionette Series or will get one down the line ?

Rixa

So many things happening tomorrow. Going to use some stones to stamina.
That Super Carnival and then Sorceress - Legend dungeon.

For the easy floor 6 clearing I think I switch Chu Chu to Venom-Enhanced Bane.

Edit:

Browsing on Reddit, I stumbled to this [PSA] PADx Reports Urgent x2 Skill-up Rate Today from 6pm EST (3pm PST)
That first comment:
OhNoBananaz said:
For those that might use this, I'd strongly recommend at least waiting until later in the evening.
GungHo is more than likely to announce the next event some time tonight, and it might be a BIG one. They hinted that since they hit 200K likes on FB there will be an event.
ALSO this next event will probably have Zaerog ∞, which is a HUGE addition (the first rogue like).
All this combined with how last event was 3x Normals leads me to believe the next event will be 2.5x.

TLDR: Wait, because next event will probably be 2.5x

Ducarmel

Okay im not interested in them anymore - this doesnt sound like too much fun to play will probably prolong the time you spend in battles quite a bit.

Are you interested in the Marionette Series or will get one down the line ?

If your non iap its probably the surest way you can beat dungeons you don't have the teams to beat, if you are willing to build a team that is a combination of attack and defense.

That Awilda Marionette team was a very specific team made to beat Arena challenge mode, most dungeons don't need such a super tanky build.

You can theory craft other teams around them it does not have to be a super slow Awilda team. If you have RBG Awoken Chinese gods you already have 51% damage reduction to there respective colors, get 1 or 2 damage reduction padz dragons and stack the team with damage reduction latent tamas, and boom you have a team the can get 80%-90%+ damage reduction that can also burst for 12x. Not a lot of power but will get the job done faster then Awilda.

For most dungeons you probably only need to use the Marionette once or twice and probably wont need full damage reduction.

Didn't like Wadatsumi's dungeon before, still don't like it now. Thank goodness it's over.

And 17 hp to spare when getting hit by crunch from Leviathan.

It's fine to be new, got to get that post count up somehow, somewhere. Look for Hathors friends as well as, other Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao(DQXQ), Ultimate evolved Da Qiao or ultimated Xiao Qiao. I'd even ran with Scholarship Student Isis if you happen to see some as well.

Be sure to hit up the GAF friend list to help get carried.

Farming Zaerog Infinity is slowly driving me insane. Takes way to much mental effort for something I'm most likely going to have to do 40+ times. Going 0/15 on skill ups isn't helping either. Guess that's payback for Osiris going 5/7 last week...

I read that supposedly the Queen Dragons will be getting active skills. Held off on leveling and using Pys on Satsuki because supposedly the Queen Metal will get her skill.

razterik

Farming Zaerog Infinity is slowly driving me insane. Takes way to much mental effort for something I'm most likely going to have to do 40+ times. Going 0/15 on skill ups isn't helping either. Guess that's payback for Osiris going 5/7 last week...

I really need to do this for A.Yomi, but it's so annoying on the combo floor with my teams. Wish I had farmed back when he appeared in the non-rogue Descended Challenge.

I read that supposedly the Queen Dragons will be getting active skills. Held off on leveling and using Pys on Satsuki because supposedly the Queen Metal will get her skill.

Queen Metal gets Typhon and Queen Gold is Ilm. Satsuki and Kanna skill ups are a new rotation of Devilit and Angelit, respectively.

Kyuur

Ah thanks.. thats a bummer even if expected. I feel if its really "just" every 10-15 turn active they shouldnt be THIS expensive. Outside of their active they dont offer too much for a team...in a Bastet squad with Vishnu/Bei and A.Meimei i would rather bring along GZL instead of spending 250k on Marionettes.

I have to say...for green based teams the MP Shop doesnt offer much as of now, the units are good utility subs but overpriced for what they bring to the table.

I think the point is that they stack with units like GZL. If you're already using a high spike team, there isn't much point in bringing them since you're going to be OHKOing or finishing off from above enrage where necessary with your main boost anyways.

I can see them being useful in bringing back tankier teams, something like 2/6.25/2.5 teams. With them + damage booster you can reach 25x+ atk. As mentioned above, they also work on teams with situational resist like Awoken Leilan/Karin/etc.

Queen Metal gets Typhon and Queen Gold is Ilm. Satsuki and Kanna skill ups are a new rotation of Devilit and Angelit, respectively.
Ah yes. Now I remember reading that. Good. Then I can just clear it for the stone for now. But that reminds me that I have annoyingly way more Angelits than Devilits. And 6 of them are still needed to make the mats for Zera. Though I'm wondering if I should just cannibalize my existing max-skilled Zeuses and Heras for it since I rarely/never use them anymore and they probably won't be getting anymore updates from GH.

Rixa

My first mythical clear. Is the Pii from Hera-Is dungeon water?

Some dungeons just are better for my Green team (even those earlier stages). Last floor was cakewalk thanks to wood > water.

cw_sasuke

You can theory craft other teams around them it does not have to be a super slow Awilda team. If you have RBG Awoken Chinese gods you already have 51% damage reduction to there respective colors, get 1 or 2 damage reduction padz dragons and stack the team with damage reduction latent tamas, and boom you have a team the can get 80%-90%+ damage reduction that can also burst for 12x. Not a lot of power but will get the job done faster then Awilda.

For most dungeons you probably only need to use the Marionette once or twice and probably wont need full damage reduction.
I think the point is that they stack with units like GZL. If you're already using a high spike team, there isn't much point in bringing them since you're going to be OHKOing or finishing off from above enrage where necessary with your main boost anyways.

I can see them being useful in bringing back tankier teams, something like 2/6.25/2.5 teams. With them + damage booster you can reach 25x+ atk. As mentioned above, they also work on teams with situational resist like Awoken Leilan/Karin/etc.

Hmm... you guys are right i was just looking into it from a burst Team perspective and my Bastet team. The Marionette Series might make more sense for me on my A.Meimei team - she needs more love anyway. Definitely need to look more into it.

I need to save up more MP points anyway, but its good to have some kind of goal down the line.

So which team are you using to farm him ? I have none of the top REM subs for A.Yomi so if i wanna play her i probably need to get Zaerog Infinity as well...but that lvl 1 mechanic sounds scary. Can you clear the stage with a regular Bastet team or do you have to create specific low level/gimmick squads ? I think i read somewhere that Light Row leaders shine on that stage.
My first mythical clear. Is the Pii from Hera-Is dungeon water?

Some dungeons just are better for my Green team (even those earlier stages). Last floor was cakewalk thanks to wood > water.

Congrats !!
Yeah Hera-Is is one of the easier desc if you have a Wood based team but first attempt clear is always nice.

razterik

Two attempts to clear Z8 on JP Challenge, two deaths to orb color troll on floor 9. Yeah, going back to farming plus eggs instead of this asinine dungeon.

Nice, Iam ok with Tama.

here are the dungeon rewards:

Dungeons & Rewards:
Queen’s Banquet (Legend Plus)... Badpy + 10 MM Coins
Devils' Domain (Legend Plus)... Shynpy + 2,000 Pal Points
Ocean God-Awoken Skills Invalid (Mythical)... Woodpy
Yomi Goddess (Mythical)... Bubpy
Demonic Fire Queen (Mythical)... Flampy
Soul Reaper-No RCV (Mythical)... Badpy
Arboreal Queen (Mythical)... Shynpy
Fiend Prince (Mythical)... Woodpy
Shining Death Queen (Mythical)... Bubpy
Lord of Hell-No RCV (Mythical)... Flampy
Queen of Absolute Zero (Mythical)... TAMADRA (HP +3, ATK +3, RCV +3)
Demon Prince (Mythical)... Queen Gold Dragon
Chivalrous Thief (Mythical)... Queen Metal Dragon
Sword Combat-No Wd/Dk (Legend)... 2,000 Pal Points
Divine Queen (Legend)... 2,000,000 Coins

I really need to do this for A.Yomi, but it's so annoying on the combo floor with my teams. Wish I had farmed back when he appeared in the non-rogue Descended Challenge.
Yeah, Yomi was enough to get me motivated and finally start farming him. Maxing him would get me two more viable teams up besides Bastet, but this is pretty rough...

So which team are you using to farm him ? I have none of the top REM subs for A.Yomi so if i wanna play her i probably need to get Zaerog Infinity as well...but that lvl 1 mechanic sounds scary. Can you clear the stage with a regular Bastet team or do you have to create specific low level/gimmick squads ? I think i read somewhere that Light Row leaders shine on that stage.
Bastet/Osiris/Liu Bei/Skuld/Perseus/Bastet all hypermax. That team is way better than when I initially beat it though. I think only the Bastets and Liu Bei were at +297 back then and I was using Cu Chu and GZL in place of Osiris and Perseus. Beating it once with Bastet isn't that bad. Having to beat it over and over is pretty frustrating though. Main problem is his first form. You HAVE to get a combo of 6 or more back to back (with an orb movement time decrease on one of them) and you HAVE to get in more than 16 hits between those two attacks or you're done. This is without skills, so if you get orb trolled, you're dead (I've already had this happen three times when I was in a rush and trying to just match without really looking at the board). If I had a light row team, I'd probably still use Bastet just so I have the time extends to deal with that.

In general, switching around your normal team for lower cost, less optimal options is not ideal in these dungeons. I'd be a little careful about using a lot of stuff on the high end (like 60+) if you don't have a lot of plus eggs, but deliberately using low cost stuff isn't the way to go. The extra levels you get won't make up for worse actives, worse awakenings, worse stats, etc.

mike23

Cleared Hera Rush with Bastet. It went really smoothly. It was much easier than when I beat it with A. Shiva the last time the dungeon was available. I missed the damage for the Vishnus, but it was a 4 tpa Meimei board, so it must have been pretty high. edit: looking at the sub attribute damage, I think they did around 3.6m.

I meant to get the remaining 89+s for Bastet this weekend to hyper her, but I couldn't work up the motivation to run Ocean's of Heaven more.

I also got a pretty good (for me) S rank in the Light Cat dungeon the other day. My real average combos was probably in the 7-8 range, but skyfalls were nice to me.

Kyuur

Damnit, failed Yomi Goddess again.. Accidentally brought Diza below 50% due to skyfall and couldn't OHKO with GZL active. Without Verdandi HP boost I was toast. :| Feels bad.

Negator

Yikes, took me several tries to beat Soul Reaper, that dungeon is deceptively difficult.

I had replace the G.Valk with a Skuld because that dark bind was just too brutal. Plus a heartbreaker in a no RCV dungeon is kind of useless.

Woohoo! Beat Devil's Domain with my SS Isis team. Not my first time beating it, but its the first Legend+ with Isis.
Not a particularly lucky run, but I don't think I could have won if I'd gotten the fatty on floor two. I would have had to burn GZL, and there's no way I'd have killed Beelz without the burst.

jay23

According to reddit the data download is for

Art files as usual:
Gears (Cyber Beast skill ups), Ares, Hermes, Apollo, Nepdra, Odin dra, Indigo, Sengoku pantheon, Ilsix, Oku, Jord, Awoken Orochi, Susano

Still waiting for the Kirin buff news I was thinking about her leader skill, 7+ combos and tpas on a color matching lead sounds incredibly tough to me. Also her team will not have the amount of time extends bastet teams have.

razterik

You've got some great teams sitting there with A.Bastet and A.Yomi, but they both seem short one critical sub. Blue looks held back by lack of Andromeda, although I really want to make a physical blue with the new Sengoku. Kushinada and A.Sakuya could be good, depends on details this week.

But yeah, I'd put eggs on Cao Cao next. With your red box, I would use A.Shiva/Cao Cao x2/A.Leilan/Yamato/A.Shiva. Yamato could switch with Chiyome, but I like his orb change better there. Or you could run Cao Cao x2, blue Urd, and a flex spot (probably Kagutsuchi or Vegito).

Fair warning, as strong as Shiva is right now, I'm starting to feel like he's getting outpaced. But he probably has more staying power as a leader than Vegito.

Top Bottom