• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kyuur

Watching JP stream, something about an international championship mentioned? Not sure that would work without content catching up.

Edit: AoT collab has a million different characters. Erin is unbindable, humans are machine type due to manuever gear I guess. Almost all of them have TPA.

Some sort of way to favorite a card while 'zoomed'? Not sure what the point is.

Erin ultimate has 10x HP for leader!?

Ronia max skill dropping to 12, U&Y to 7, water Sengoku god down a couple too.

Izanagi new ult:

ipvLZnx.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow glorious U&Y artwork.... Love it....
U&Y super UVO - Added x1.5 ATK multiplier to God after use a Skill
So he is a Uvo of a Uvo like Karin and the Valks? Very nice... So he will probably keep his Awakenings and in addition to the improved leader skill.

Nice 36x leader and they added SBR it seems.
Wow. That izanagi art is lookin' good
Yeah... I didn't recognize him at first.

Kyuur

According to PADX, U&Y's is an ult ult. He gets a SBR and 1.2x to gods on skill (36x). Wonder what the third typing will be. God/Healer/Balanced maybe? Or physical cause blue.

Just beat King of Gods using Vishnu friend. Need one more max stamina before I can do seaway, think I'll use GZL as leader there.

I think that is a common thing now. They are making those descends a little easier so that people can awaken their Gods.

Harder dungeons are for rushes and high level challenges.

Nah, there are still some Legendary/Mythical dungeons that are legitimately difficult. Zeus&Hera and Deus Ex Machina being two recent examples; Legendary on those is harder than some Mythical Descendeds.

razterik

Stream is boring so far. Throwing up a whole ton of cards at once is lazy and something I'd rather just read later.

Finally buckled down to finish Challenge dungeon. Ran right through 6-9 with same team, but with Uriel instead of Ur. 10 was fucking annoying, though. Died six times with random teams before I decided to 3-stone my way through. One for Is when I failed 80% skill bind resist (Ares ult where dammit), one on Dios when I couldn't heal up before his preempt, and then one for Hera's usual shit.

Have no desire to farm now. Running level 10 is always the worst thing every event.

Kyuur

Kushi, Thor and Idunn&Idunna ults! Kushi looks like attacker.

Edit: Verdandi *_*

And Kirin's new art isn't a confusing mess! Yay!

U&Y gets physical, Kushi also an ult ult and gets attacker.

Thor gets 2x SBR and 3 rows total.

cw_sasuke

Verdandi Uevo... The Goddess.

Kushi Attacker is cool... But her Awakenings are still kinda lackluster.

Edit:
And Verdandi doesn't get a 2nd TPA.... The dream is dead :-/

yami4ct

Hmmm. The Kirin Awoken is interesting. The healer typing is definitely a bit unexpected. Did not expect them to step on Santa Kirin. Not sure how I feel about the leader change. Active seems nice, but didn't expect them to go with a utility active. Don't think this will shoot her to top tier, but it could be interesting.

yami4ct

Finally checked out the other Ults:

Kush is really fun. Definitely could see her getting a space away from Sussano on some teams, though her awakenings are still a bit to be desired

I&I might be viable water subs again. I have 2 on my JP account, so maybe I should try making a water squad. Might pair well with Sarasvati

Izanagi: Meh

U&Y: Could be a really cool mid tier leader now. Definitely more interesting.

Thor: Not a fan. 2x Skill Resist is great, but I don't like Light Row squads.

Verd: Some nice extra stuff, but nothing killer. Already good sub gets a little better

Noah: Maybe seems alright? I have no clue.

Kirin still getting trash art for Uevos. Hahaha.

hermit7

So is Noah super giant now or are those tiny boats?

Not excited for anything announced. Some neat art.

Yeah awoken Norse are a let down. 2x for element is weak and at 12 turns max is too high for that. I think that uevo tamadrapurin is better than awoken Thor.

Leader skills are useless as well in the current meta game relegating them to subs only, and not even that flexible. They add no utility.

U&Y and kush are decent subs.

Verd is a decent ult. Skill boost is the thing I am most excited for because that is something that Bastet misses.

cw_sasuke

A bit disappointed about Verd not getting a 2nd TPA or an improved LS - but they probably dont want her to take away from other green units like A.Meimei, Osiris and Bastet.

Really excited for U&Y and Kushi Uvos though...2 of my favorite units so them getting an upgrade is fun.

Dat Fagan required for Awoken Sakuya

Everything needs Jewels now - razterik was right lol.

razterik

Just noticed the active skill countdown increase. That's a huge nerf compared to current Norse skills that last 3 turns. The 1.5x is almost always enough damage boost for teams that field them, so the rest is wasted.

yami4ct

Yeah awoken Norse are a let down. 2x for element is weak and at 12 turns max is too high for that. I think that uevo tamadrapurin is better than awoken Thor.

I think I&I are potentially interesting because she's one of the few viable Blue TPAers. Her active isn't amazing, but I definitely we could see her on a few new blue squads.

I&I require Awoken Hera to Uevo? That's a weird and unexpected choice. Completely out of their pantheon as well. Huh.

FZZ

Banned
We've come a long way when a 42.25x multiplier is nothing to us

Lmfao

Edit: I just realized I can make Awoken Sakuya/Kali/Kali/Chibi Valk/Chibi Valk/Awoken Sakuya. Ayy

razterik

Seems like less damage than A.Yomi and harder to achieve. Her team is going to have, what, four time extends at best? Never getting 7 combos after matching four colors. Still lackluster after 3 survey wins and fusing 8 jewels...

yami4ct

Gungho seems satisfied leaving Kirin to be a meh lead. With those awakenings, she could become a light utility sub. I think the 10 turn cooldown might kill that viability, though.

seady

What's the point of using Kirin (7 combos add attack) when Kali has pretty much the exact same skill but easier to activate (6 combos add attack)?

Also the active skill is strange. Gravity and bind heal are two different things which you rarely need to use together.

The ideal Awoken Kirin
Active: 20% Gravity. 2 Turn Haste. (13 Turns Max)
Leader: 5x attack with Fire/Water/Wood/Light. 20% damage reduction for Fire/Water/Wood/Light.

The upgrades are based on other Awoken Chinese Gods (which added 1 Turn Haste and 30% damage reduction for 3 attributes).
Not too powerful but functional. And most importantly, everything make sense. What they have now is just a mess.

FZZ

Banned
Kirin is gonna get buffed. Japanese naggers have won this round.

Also hope they buff Yomi dragon, I want at least one MP dragon and I already have Shiva on JP...

cw_sasuke

Kirin is gonna get buffed. Japanese naggers have won this round.

Also hope they buff Yomi dragon, I want at least one MP dragon and I already have Shiva on JP...
Stuff like this kinda makes me hate this game... Working on upgrade after upgrade for Karin while a unit like GZL can't even get a simple Uevo. Also ghe Awoken Norse units all suck. I don't have any of them so it's not an issue for me but you would think they would need an upgrade more than Kirin.

Rixa

^^ One would think that its not so hard to boost other units. What bad would it do to give some uevos / awokens to other units? Would it be better and easier for GungHo to milk players if there are other great units besides those that get buffs after buffs.

Do they want that everyone tries to target Kirin or something else?

Edit: King Carnival today \o/

cw_sasuke

Humhum:

- Gimmick Hera clear in Normal Dungeons
- Gimmick Gift of the Lifetime clear (Dark Jewel)
- Brute Force Gift of the Lifetime clear (Dark Jewel)
- Todays Descend clear

So is it then first official clear, or is Hera counted as Descended nowadays?
I have thinked Athena few times, seem to be really good unit too. Any ideas where / when is her dungeon next time? Padx shows that there are multiple dungeons where Athena drops, but what should I look for them?

Well...you certainly can clear Valkyre, Athena and Co. if this was your first "offical" decend clear. Valkyre Legend was my first Desc clear...also got the drop on my first try, i was so happy xD
^^ One would think that its not so hard to boost other units. What bad would it do to give some uevos / awokens to other units? Would it be better and easier for GungHo to milk players if there are other great units besides those that get buffs after buffs.

Do they want that everyone tries to target Kirin or something else?

Edit: King Carnival today \o/

Seems like there will always have to be "bad" and "good" Pantheons - even with Awokens looking how lackluster the Norse Gods. It feels like they have established a Baseline with Bastet, Ra and Co. that wont be outdated anytime soon so it will take a while for new Awokens to be complete gamechanger. The fact that they didnt give Verdandi a better Leaderskill or and 2nd TPA shows that they are slowing down the power creep on green units.

Ducarmel

AOT collab looks nice.

We just got Ame split evo but they make Eren another red bind immune bind clear card it does not make any sense

Levi and Armin are my targets if I decide to pull. I like Remy active skill if the cd is not too long I will gladly replace Pandora from my Kite team. Armin could be the green version of Baggi. edit: Levi cool down a little to long and skill block is too important to give up for my Kite team. I think I will roll till Armin.

Izanagi... Who? Well he will be a fine sub for L Kali.

Glad they gave U&Y and Kushi ultimate ultimates to bad about the awakenings on Kushi and lol physical type for U&Y

The awoken Norse are not that bad to me seem like they are on par with the Sonia's. I guess it depends how short there cd is for there skill if its super short like 2-3 turns, I think they are good enough. Edit: 12 turn max cd? I guess they are trash then, if they going to keep it at 12 then they might as well give them a boost for the leader skill like 1.5 atk when using a skill or hitting a certain combo count.

Kirin I guess we will see about the update, the only complaint I have is bind clear active, would rather have orb change something like create orbs that activate her leader skill from orbs that don't activate her leader skill, I know broken as hell!

Overall pretty underwhelming stream for me. Not bad per say, but not super exciting.

Izanagi looks nice. I dont have him, but now I really want him to fill that dark slot on a Hathor team.

Nothing to say about Kushinada. She's better, but still not terribly exciting.

Awoken Norse are meh.

Verdandi awakenings are nice, but I wish they'd gone with the awakenings an LS uvo like the other GF exclusives.

Awoken Sakuya is an improvement, but I'm glad they'll be adjusting her more.

U&Y on the other hand is the most interesting change imo. Keeps his healer typing and gets a big HP boost. The perfect upgrade to take my SS Isis team over 30k HP. On top of that, the physical subtype is making me think about running Blodin/Blonia again. The skill CD reductions for U&Y and Blonia are both awesome as well.

jay23

JP is already getting kirin buffed lol that's incredible when it comes to her they get whatever they want.

Thinking of her optimal team

Kirin/l.kali/l.Kali/apollo/sun quan/Kirin

Would Ilya be a better fit? She gets the healer bonus from SQ.

Rixa

Guys, I wanna do Evo Materials Unite! tomorrow for the first time but I don't know if I can survive to get anything. Anyone got any tips I could use?

Any help would be appreciated.

I did have very different setup when I did that dungeon first time. Its not guaranteed win, but if you have friend that has or could put "Shining Lance Wielder, Odin" up.Check this padx link what kind of unit Grodin is.

^^ Atleast it should be (is there enough hp?) the key to win Rainbow keeper stage (5th floor). It will take time to grind, so be prepared to it :).
Also you have Ogre -> Pad.wikia Resolve Team. Dunno if it works here.

I did have very different setup when I did that dungeon first time. Its not guaranteed win, but if you have friend that has or could put "Shining Lance Wielder, Odin" up.Check this padx link what kind of unit Grodin is.

^^ Atleast it should be (is there enough hp?) the key to win Rainbow keeper stage (5th floor). It will take time to grind, so be prepared to it :).
Also you have Ogre -> Pad.wikia Resolve Team. Dunno if it works here.

Thanks for the tips. I gotta find someone with a Shining Lance Wielder, Odin. Give it a try with that. If not, try the Resolve Team.

There's so much to this game. So overwhelming, haha.

Rixa

Thanks for the tips. I gotta find someone with a Shining Lance Wielder, Odin. Give it a try with that. If not, try the Resolve Team.

No problems, Iam newbie myself in PADworld too :). Just remember, that Grodin leader skill to work, you must have full hp. If you want you can add me: 347,976,340 as friend. I dont have Grodin tho :/.

Jagernaut

If you are playing the U.S. version I can put up an Odin for you. Just post your ID and let me know when you need it.

No problems, Iam newbie myself in PADworld too :). Just remember, that Grodin leader skill to work, you must have full hp. If you want you can add me: 347,976,340 as friend. I dont have Grodin tho :/.

Added you. Very nice of you, thanks.

If you are playing the U.S. version I can put up an Odin for you. Just post your ID and let me know when you need it.

I'm in the US. My ID is 370,684,307. Thanks a lot. Appreciate it.

Top Bottom