• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Wow, after thinking about it I'm really not happy with the active skill on the awoken Norse gods. I think I prefer 3 turns of 1.5x over 1 turn of 2x, especially with a CD that's so much shorter. Hopefully they take another look at them before release.

tr4656

ASakuya hype. Honestly though, pretty satisfied with what we got. Awakenings could be better but overall it's not a big deal.

jay23

Wow, after thinking about it I'm really not happy with the active skill on the awoken Norse gods. I think I prefer 3 turns of 1.5x over 1 turn of 2x, especially with a CD that's so much shorter. Hopefully they take another look at them before release.

The leader skill is so outdated for an awoken monster. It's like they're purposely keeping the Norse gods bad.

At least they aren't sending death threats to the artist.

Wow I thought they were just bitching at gungho to fix it, I didn't know people were sending death threats to the artist. Pad art is serious business.
I wish JP players went harder for the shitty cards that need buffs the most.

tr4656

JP is already getting kirin buffed lol that's incredible when it comes to her they get whatever they want.

Thinking of her optimal team

Kirin/l.kali/l.Kali/apollo/sun quan/Kirin

Would Ilya be a better fit? She gets the healer bonus from SQ.

Kanna over SQ.

ccbfan

Awoken Sakuya is pretty bad though.

She has a good(not great) leader skill sadly her actives and awokenings suck. Good leader skill can't over come 2 bad actives and 2 bad sets of awokenings.

As a sub she's terrible since her active skill and awokenings suck.

Arguably the worst awoken monster so far.

Well not including Norse but that another rant.

zoku88

I haven't really used my U&Y for a while. I'm interested in testing his new ult uevo. Besides SQ, my team is all gods anyway.

I wish I had a Kushi. My green teams need some type of defense D:

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just absolutely could not be more disappointed by the awoken Norse. I don't even know what to say, they are straight up horrible.
Usually I feel bad when new Awokens are announced because is don't own the units featured... Like with Amaterasu. This time I couldn't care less about the units, so in my book Gungho failed because Awokens should make you wanna pull for these cards or build teams around them.

Negator

I couldn't really get excited for Awoken I&I. Sure the art looks awesome but I think I'm going to straight up abandon my water teams as soon as I can. Not having Baggi pretty much cripples the entire color in NA.

So I have a question...if I am close to awakening Parvati, is sasuke pretty much pointless? She seems better than him at just about everything.

jay23

Usually I feel bad when new Awokens are announced because is don't own the units featured... Like with Amaterasu. This time I couldn't care less about the units, so in my book Gungho failed because Awokens should make you wanna pull for these cards or build teams around them.

Exactly I was jelly when awoken yomi was revealed I even pulled in the last gf hoping to get her. When I saw awoken Thor today it made me upset that I rolled him cause I know he isn't going to get much use. They should have made him the go to light row leader.

razterik

That feeling when you're 0/infinity on Batman skill ups, but have two max skill Scarecrow mocking you.

Tried Yamato Rush to change up my play. Died twice before clearing it. Yeah, still hate that dungeon with the passion of a million suns.

Rixa

Hey Zeus FU2

Screenshot_2015-09-20-14-43-17.png
Screenshot_2015-09-20-14-42-57.png

0 Stoned it, took 6 tries, first tries without Echidna, then switched her instead Chu Chu and 3rd try got good mana.

Negator

Did Satan four times to farm some dark jewels, luckily Haku invaded in two of them. Awoken Kagu is here!

Unfortunately I accidentally squandered the last Rainbow Keeper I had and I am unable to evolve my Green Valk until Tuesday. Oh well.

Rixa

Did Satan four times to farm some dark jewels, luckily Haku invaded in two of them. Awoken Kagu is here!

Unfortunately I accidentally squandered the last Rainbow Keeper I had and I am unable to evolve my Green Valk until Tuesday. Oh well.

Together at Last! Evo Rush!! Later today (Group C in 5h40mins), you could try to get RK from there, dunno what is the droprate for it.

Edit: According to padx RK drop rate is ~40%.

smbu2000

Uhhh....tried out the Baskin Robbins dungeon (31x plus egg drop rate, wow!) and on Single I got 1 plus egg...double 1 plus egg and triple 2 plus eggs. Apparently I was lucky as others are getting 0 plus eggs even on triple. 40 stamina for that?

http://pad-plus.com/archives/38863.html

Some of the comments are funny. "31 x 0 is still 0." haha

I hope they fix it or I will be running 10x descends instead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone get a Deathstroke drop in this 2nd Batman Collab yet?

Goddamn how much more stamina before I get this guy.

EDIT: FINALLY

Ducarmel

Uhhh....tried out the Baskin Robbins dungeon (31x plus egg drop rate, wow!) and on Single I got 1 plus egg...double 1 plus egg and triple 2 plus eggs. Apparently I was lucky as others are getting 0 plus eggs even on triple. 40 stamina for that?

Yeah I dont get the purpose of this, I would have imagined a + egg would drop on every floor.

I think I will run gunma for rank ups until more is said about it.

cw_sasuke

Looks like Challenge Descended! 1 is coming back starting next week - very nice. Pretty much 10 Piis if you can clear it all.
Hey Zeus FU2

0 Stoned it, took 6 tries, first tries without Echidna, then switched her instead Chu Chu and 3rd try got good mana.

Congrats man...took me also a couple attempt before i could clear him - he is so much tougher than the normal mode bosses before him...especially without Echidna taking out +5 million in two turns is a lot. But you pulled through faster than i did...dont know how often i fumbled that stage with U&Y before i got lucky and killed him xD

That feeling when you're 0/infinity on Batman skill ups, but have two max skill Scarecrow mocking you.

Tried Yamato Rush to change up my play. Died twice before clearing it. Yeah, still hate that dungeon with the passion of a million suns.
I just finished my Batman. Of course the final skillup was a bitch. Seems especially tortuous when you catch and feed them one at a time instead of in groups for the last skillup. Didn't want to wait for 2.5x skillup because fuck guessing how many extras I would need to farm only to have too many or not enough. Any idea if it's worth max-skilling an Arkham Knight? I can't think of any, but I could farm an extra 5 for guaranteed skillups if so.

I'm kind of drained and not even in the mood to think of a clear team for Yamato Rush. Dungeon looks like bullshit. Since it's a rush it should come around regularly enough. Maybe I'll leave it alone for now and just farm OoH during any free time today.

I'm glad dank memes persist across languages

razterik

I just finished my Batman. Of course the final skillup was a bitch. Seems especially tortuous when you catch and feed them one at a time instead of in groups for the last skillup. Didn't want to wait for 2.5x skillup because fuck guessing how many extras I would need to farm only to have too many or not enough. Any idea if it's worth max-skilling an Arkham Knight? I can't think of any, but I could farm an extra 5 for guaranteed skillups if so.

I'm kind of drained and not even in the mood to think of a clear team for Yamato Rush. Dungeon looks like bullshit. Since it's a rush it should come around regularly enough. Maybe I'll leave it alone for now and just farm OoH during any free time today.

I didn't want to wait for 2.5x either, but now I might have to. Really bad luck so far. Max skill AK might be good for low cost when unevolved or devil teams after evo, but honestly can't imagine when you would need it over other options. I'm saving one or two and just feeding it piis if I have to. There's no guaranteed skill ups since he doesn't have an ultimate, only a regular evo. Might even feed Batman piis, cause this is driving me nuts.

Yamato Rush is absolutely not worth running aside from the stone. There's so many ways of randomly dying to RNG, especially on the last two floors.

If we're really getting Challenge Descended 1 back this week, this is something new that JP has never done, especially off event. I hope it's not a one time occurrence, because bringing pii dungeons back would go a long way towards solving the shortage NA suffers.

zoku88

I need like 4 dark jewels. I've run it maybe 8 times with zero invades so far D:

Oh guess I forgot how guaranteed skillups work. Thought it just required a Lv99 evo with awakenings. Definitely not max-skilling an Arkham Knight then. I did farm 1 extra just in case. Why did you max-skill a Scarecrow, Raz? Seems kinda worthless. The 5 MP per Scarecrow was more valuable to me. Or even just exp fodder would be better imo.

If we're really getting Challenge Descended 1 back this week, this is something new that JP has never done, especially off event. I hope it's not a one time occurrence, because bringing pii dungeons back would go a long way towards solving the shortage NA suffers.
Relatively accessible piis, not much of a grind, and gives us something to spend our stamina on between events. Good move by NA Gungho.

Rixa

Not sure if I can do anything else from that Descended Challenge than Heras dungeon. Cauchemar is there but dunno if Iam willing to use sta again to it. Others seem kinda hard for my wood team.
Well, maybe next time they bring this (or not if they wont bring it).

razterik

Why did you max-skill a Scarecrow, Raz? Seems kinda worthless. The 5 MP per Scarecrow was more valuable to me. Or even just exp fodder would be better imo.

I kind of forgot they're worth 5 MP. Oops. Well, in the long run that's still not much gained. I don't need dark exp fodder for anything right now. I guess I wanted a poison orb creator in case that becomes a thing. Probably never use it.

zoku88

I got one jewel in about, 20 or so runs....

I think I'm just going to stop for today...

raz, you said that jewels stopped invading in JP, right? How do they get their jewels now?

razterik

I never meant to imply that they were gone permanently, only that jewel invades dissapeared from the events for a long time after the introduction of Ilya/Grizal. During that timeframe, MP shop was introduced and some of the pii rewards in Challenge Dungeon were switched to jewels. Lately, the pii rewards have mostly been restored and jewel invades have returned during events, alternating occasionally with Ilya/Grizal. It's been much better balanced.

It remains to be seen how NA will approach their introduction of the rare invade cards.

Ducarmel

No haku's so far for me today on natural stamina, hesitant to stone i dont really need it i have all the dark jewels i need for the Z8 team I want to build but I do want as many skill ups i can get for the 2 awoken haku's

razterik

YUS. Bout time. Now for a little plus egg farming.

Hate to ask again, but can you keep Minerva up in your JP BF slot this week, Cosmo? Baskin Robbins is a bust, so going to focus on Sowilo this week. Should probably max skill a Z8 for my A.Yomi team, but I'm not confident in my clear ratio.

Put her into slot 1 cause Operation A.Ammy seems to be a bust :/

I'm surprised GungHo put Deus Ex Machina so high in the Descended Challenge ranking. It's a difficult dungeon alright, but all the way up right before advent dungeons? Not sure about that.

razterik

Thanks.

Hadn't even looked at the lineup yet. Never had the impression that they were ordered by difficulty aside from the top and bottom couple. Wadatsumi is definitely more difficult.

And half the rewards are jewels now instead of piis. I'd be more disappointed if we weren't getting a whole set of piis from the stream again.

Put her into slot 1 cause Operation A.Ammy seems to be a bust :/

I'm surprised GungHo put Deus Ex Machina so high in the Descended Challenge ranking. It's a difficult dungeon alright, but all the way up right before advent dungeons? Not sure about that.

Whats this operation all about? Trying to make light healers a thing again?

Rixa

After nights sleep its so easy to forgot about ranking...
Somehow I did notice it before leveling, so I thought what the hell lets try that 99 STA dungeon.

On first floor had great difficulties to kill High Ruby Dragon, tho that did stall nicely too :). After that it was ok run, sadly HMD didnt drop.

razterik

Sweet clear, Rixa. That dungeon used to be somewhat difficult back in the day, so I'm amused by your rank.

Switch is flipped, War Dragons now get 1.5x bonus on Mondays.

NA MP shop looks to be on a monthly cycle. Heh. It's going to take us forever to get to Ra Dragon (....and Claire). KR had Ultimate Arena announced, too.

Rixa

Sweet clear, Rixa. That dungeon used to be somewhat difficult back in the day, so I'm amused by your rank.

Thanks, I wasnt sure I can clear it. <- I guess its the sweetness of this game. The frustration of losing STA or the satisfaction to clear dungeon :).

That 4m HP is scary as hell, on boss floor:

- First turn I used to kill those subs and did some damage to HMD.
- Second turn I used GZL and got nice damage but couldnt kill.
- Third turn HMD had about 20% HP left and I had skills still to use (GRG & Verdandi) so it was do or die.

I was thinking that I take Echidna, but her skill lvl is 1 and thus thought its better to use brute force, so my 44 level Chu Chu kept its place.

cw_sasuke

Reached Rank 400 - for a moment i forgot if you get some kind of reward for reaching milestones rank...and then i saw Team 10 being added...heh cool.

Now that i slept through a bit i will say that im happy with Uevo Verdandi. She does what she did before but better. Her active is just too good and her stats are also quite well...we had the discussion of A.Meimei vs. Verdandi a couple pages earlier. If GungHo had given her a 2nd TPA she would be stepping on A.Meimei toes...a card which needs 2 Desc Unit and 3 Green Jewels to evolve - this couple with Verdandis way higher RCV would have been too much. Fingers + OE + SB make Verdandi an even better sub for Bastet, A. Parvati, Osiris and Co. without making other green leader obsolete.

Also interested in U&Y - seems like a very nice improvement, not just as a leader but also for teams who uses him as a sub like Skuld or Sara. Getting 100% sbr with these water teams can be an issue, this might be the solution to it considering many people run teams with 3 U&Y. Artwork is amazing as well. I wonder what the optimal team would look like now.

U&Y, U&Y, BValk, Kushi, Uevo Izanagi,U&Y sounds good.

Dont know if its enough to get back to him after being used to Bastets playstyle - but i will give it a shot when we get him.

PS. I got the Phoenix Invade yesterday :eek:
So i will work on Shiva after all. I hope this team is fun even without the team being +egged to tackle the RCV issue. I have the subs ready with CaoCao/Katsuguchi/Urd/flex but i need Tamdras for all of them lol.
After nights sleep its so easy to forgot about ranking...
Somehow I did notice it before leveling, so I thought what the hell lets try that 99 STA dungeon.

On first floor had great difficulties to kill High Ruby Dragon, tho that did stall nicely too :). After that it was ok run, sadly HMD didnt drop.

My man...congrats !!
You cleared it on your first try ? I remember getting killed on teh first or 2nd floor when i tried it first xD
I only do KoG if I need the rank exp. OoH gives better rates /stam - feels like I get more multi +egg runs than 0 +egg runs there.

Yep you are right - i did KotG because i was near a rank up and thought of ranking up during the Challenge Desc later. Sadly i barely had time/stones for egg hunting this time...trying to save up some stones for now.

Rixa

My man...congrats !!
You cleared it on your first try ? I remember getting killed on teh first or 2nd floor when i tried it first xD

Also interested in U&Y - seems like a very nice improvement, not just as a leader but also for teams who uses him as a sub like Skuld or Sara. Getting 100% sbr with these water teams can be an issue, this might be the solution to it considering many people run teams with 3 U&Y. Artwork is amazing as well. I wonder what the optimal team would look like now.

Yep it was my first try. Next time I try that dungeon when I need HMD or I have 99 excess STA (I rather do some 50 STA dungeon tho).
My alt (EU) has Verdandi lead and not so many great wood subs, so I did put U&Y (evoed) to sub for Verd, seems to work ok. My U&Y lacks subs so better to use U&Y as sub now.

cw_sasuke

While i hate the stage, i can normally clear it on my first try with this team - this time it took me two attempts - forgot that i can stall for 6 turns on stage 1 -.-

quickmemo_2015-09-21-ztxn5.png

2 Woodpy get which is awesome. I can take my time with the rest of the Challenge now, only Woodpys are really needed.
Yep it was my first try. Next time I try that dungeon when I need HMD or I have 99 excess STA (I rather do some 50 STA dungeon tho).
My alt (EU) has Verdandi lead and not so many great wood subs, so I did put U&Y (evoed) to sub for Verd, seems to work ok. My U&Y lacks subs so better to use U&Y as sub now.

Not a fan of 99stam dungeon either...makes you feel extra bad when you screw up. Only exception are the rushes for stones and if you need to enter a high stam stage for skill ups. I had to run Legendary Seaway ( only 88 stam i think) a bunch of time for U&Y and Kushi skill ups but it was worth it...

Rixa

Since Iam on the roll (kudos to awesome topic), decided to test Heracles Descended at Legendary difficulty. I did look before from Padx & Reddit what to expect and had no major difficulties.

Top Bottom