• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Nice buff for A.Kirin, puts her closer to A.Ra. Real deciding factor is how many combos for 2x and where is the team going to pull time extends from. Definitely willing to switch mine now, whereas before I was tempted to leave her L/G.

Rixa

So padx is speculating that Takaoka City Collab starts in 24h time. Also as said here earlier, Phantom Dragon King Legend Plus might come (in 42h from this post).

For me Takaoka seems doable and Zaerog is for you my fellow GAFers, I wont touch that dungeon :p. If I understand right "Amitaka & Kanon & Cecil" is nice sub to have in Athena / Parvati / Perseus / Bastet(?) / teams.

razterik

Takaoka is extremely easy since it's tricolor and very outdated. Amitaka isn't the worst sub since he has essentially a Hero active skill, but his stats are terrible. Too bad they didn't go back and give him an ultimate boost like Amberjack, who's a great pickup from this dungeon if you run blue teams.

Ares and other stuff out now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cool will definitely run Takaoka, will be my first time as well. Green double orb changer is nice even if his stats and Awakenings are lacking.

A Kirin, L Kali, L Kali, L Kali, Sun Quan, A Kirin?

lol. Not sure what A Kirin team to work on with my light subs.

Kirin x2
L Kali x 3
L Meta x2
Sun Wukong x 2
Valk
Indra
Fuu
Fuma Kotaro x2
Amaterasu
Ra
Sun Quan for delay and burst?

Rixa

Ares and other stuff out now.

And thanks to this I lost 50 sta, laughing so hard here to my stupidness. I did download that update on morning to my EU account. Forgot that update comes to NA too :p, so pad was on dungeon list and I went straight to Valkyrie dungeon and *boom* PAD crashes, I start PAD again and downloaded update but dungeon didnt start and I was 50 sta poorer.

Then I lost to Valkyrie, used stone to replenish my sta and lost 2 times more. Used another stone for stamina cause I didnt want to continue, aim was to 0 stone.

250 stamina / 2 stones / 4 tries later I have my Valk.

Screenshot_2015-09-24-10-27-00.png

Now to do Legend difficulty and hopefully get it done in 1 try and get my stone back.

cw_sasuke

Quite the stuff happening tomorrow if PDX is right

- Takaoka City Collab
- Experience of a Lifetime ( 200k exp dungeon)
- Challenge Dungeons! 13

The day after Zaerog∞ Descended and a couple days from now DC Universe Collab might come back.

+ x2.5 Skill Up rate and x2.5 Chance for Experience Gain, not bad, not bad at all.

Edit:

+ Silver Latent Tama Invades
+ 1.5x normal dungeon exp

Rixa

Quite the stuff happening tomorrow if PDX is right

- Takaoka City Collab
- Experience of a Lifetime ( 200k exp dungeon)
- Challenge Dungeons! 13

The day after Zaerog∞ Descended and a couple days from now DC Universe Collab might come back.

+ x2.5 Skill Up rate and x2.5 Chance for Experience Gain, not bad, not bad at all.

Really nice, managed to beat Legend Valk in one go (no drop) eventho the fucker healed 2 times back to 100% :p.

Any ideas is the EoaL open to all, or only to them that didnt do it last time?

cw_sasuke

Really nice, managed to beat Legend Valk in one go (no drop) eventho the fucker healed 2 times back to 100% :p.

Any ideas is the EoaL open to all, or only to them that didnt do it last time?

Congrats on both Valkyre clears...her Legend version was my first Desc clear.

EoaL should be open for everyone again, no matter if you did it the last time.

Quantum

Ios9 compatibility is out. I upgraded last Wednesday and have had zero issues.

No crashes or anything.

thanks - I wanted to d/l it on my phone - but pad comes first O.0

edit: Crap! I didn't even see the message from gungho that it was ok to update - Lost in a sea of recent free piis (which was an awesome and simple challenge for long time players - more like this please yes (and thank you)).

Awoken Kirin buffs are stupid good

Have the JPN players complained about the awoken Norse at all?
There were, but they were completely overshadowed by the Sakuya complaints. I'm not even going to bother awakening them right now. I was so upset about the active that I didn't even notice that they still have +stat awakenings...

cw_sasuke

Bastet/Osiris/Liu Bei/Skuld/Perseus/Bastet all hypermax. That team is way better than when I initially beat it though. I think only the Bastets and Liu Bei were at +297 back then and I was using Cu Chu and GZL in place of Osiris and Perseus. Beating it once with Bastet isn't that bad. Having to beat it over and over is pretty frustrating though. Main problem is his first form. You HAVE to get a combo of 6 or more back to back (with an orb movement time decrease on one of them) and you HAVE to get in more than 16 hits between those two attacks or you're done. This is without skills, so if you get orb trolled, you're dead (I've already had this happen three times when I was in a rush and trying to just match without really looking at the board). If I had a light row team, I'd probably still use Bastet just so I have the time extends to deal with that.

In general, switching around your normal team for lower cost, less optimal options is not ideal in these dungeons. I'd be a little careful about using a lot of stuff on the high end (like 60+) if you don't have a lot of plus eggs, but deliberately using low cost stuff isn't the way to go. The extra levels you get won't make up for worse actives, worse awakenings, worse stats, etc.

Thanks, somehow i missed that post earlier. Guess are regular max skill A.Bastet team istn the worst team for that dungeon. Really hope i can clear it - lacking the kick ass Dark REM subs i really need to get him otherwise the dream of playing A.Yomi is dead xD

Ducarmel

I think i will try to clear Z8 with Beez/Ronia first before I try it with my Bastet team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO27Voi6vPU

I have all those cards with the exception that only my Ronia and friend Ronia is the only hyper max.

Kirin buff is nice, I did not think it would be Ra level good but cool. Make the Norse Awokens look really bad, they need to fix there active skill its too long for anybody to care about using them.

L Meta is back to useless status again.

jay23

Nice buff for A.Kirin, puts her closer to A.Ra. Real deciding factor is how many combos for 2x and where is the team going to pull time extends from. Definitely willing to switch mine now, whereas before I was tempted to leave her L/G.

Yea this is my only worry, do you guys think they stuck with it starting at 7 combos for 1.3x?
I'm also glad they bumped the bind clear up to 3 I no longer care about rolling lmeta.

smbu2000

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they released the update a few days ago for ios 9 compatibility. I downgraded from beta 9.1 to the official 9.0 release on my iPad and I've had no problems with PAD. My iPhone 5s is still on 8.4. I'm not going to bothering updating it as I'm switching to my new phone tomorrow.

Been running Sowilo a lot since the other day and I'm doing okay on my Yomi. Need less than 70 more to 297 him. (still need 1 more skill level as well for max)

I still need to try and finish the rest of the dungeons in the dungeon challenge. Or I could just keep farming for plus eggs...
Good luck on getting Phoenix...i think the invade rate is quite good since i got him in less than 10 attempts this weekend. So if you dedicate on weekend to Red Skies you should get him as well.
He eventually popped out and I was able to make the A.Shiva on my iPad. Now I just need some Tamadras for him and I need to finish off my D.Izanami to make Hino Kagu for the team.

Awoken Sakuya looks pretty great. I imagine the damage increments will be pretty small, maybe 1.1x, 1.2x, etc to avoid making her completely broken.

I really need LKai to cover red on her team. Otherwise my only L/R option is Ariel, and the randomness of that skill is scary on a color team. I could sacrifice some light focus and go with DKali though. Not like the team's damage will be lacking.

As a sub, A. Sakuya is a decent alternative to LMeta. Still not a fan of grav+bind clear, but oh well. I think shes overshadowed by A. Ama, but with such leader skill, I can't expect her to be the #1 sub.

Overall, very nice. Now hopefully they can work on fixing the Awoken Norse, who needed reworking way more than Sakuya.

Ducarmel

Still have not beaten Celestial Pole on my NA account, did pay for a fagan drop with a stone in dragon rush. I don't have one for my JP account for Kirin and have not even attempted dragon rush or celestial pole

Decided to yolo it on my JP account with my Kite team, and just crushed it. I want HxH collab in NA. I really like how Kite plays, and by extension Awoken Yomi, but I only have 2 Kite friends in JP and it seems like nobody plays with Awoken Yomi I not even as an explorer on my friends list. I have a decent amount of friends with L. Kali, Kirin, etc to bad they balanced Kite so well he pretty much cant synergies with them.

J0dy77

Awoken Kirin buffs are stupid good

Have the JPN players complained about the awoken Norse at all?

A. Kirin seems quite OP.

What's the final leader skill for Sakuya? I see that it is 5x with up to 2x for combos starting at 6, but what is the number to get 2x? She really seems amazing but getting a consistent 7 combos is hard. Anything more than that and I'll stick with Ra.

Sakuya may have climbed back to the top of the mountain. I have all of the key subs for her after pulling apollo this last fest. I might go with something like, Kirin x2, L. Kali, Valk, Apollo, Sun Quan. Man that is a lot of damage with no bind concerns or worrying about actives. Just have to be good at matching.

Now i have to debate who to feed my 297 Beelzebub to, Yomi or Kirin.

Still have not beaten Celestial Pole on my NA account, did pay for a fagan drop with a stone in dragon rush. I don't have one for my JP account for Kirin and have not even attempted dragon rush or celestial pole

Decided to yolo it on my JP account with my Kite team, and just crushed it. I want HxH collab in NA. I really like how Kite plays, and by extension Awoken Yomi, but I only have 2 Kite friends in JP and it seems like nobody plays with Awoken Yomi I not even as an explorer on my friends list. I have a decent amount of friends with L. Kali, Kirin, etc to bad they balanced Kite so well he pretty much cant synergies with them.
Kite players on my flist:

A.Yomi players:

I think the thing with A.Yomi is that you need a bunch of endgame stuff like Z8 and A.Haku to use him/her effectively, so only players like rank 400+ are going to run one.

They're now replacing her Light OE with a bind clear awakening. Every reason everyone ran LMeta on Sakuya teams just got built into Sakuya herself. It's like getting 2 free LMetas plus a free sub slot. Great deal!

They're now replacing her Light OE with a bind clear awakening. Every reason everyone ran LMeta on Sakuya teams just got built into Sakuya herself. It's like getting 2 free LMetas plus a free sub slot. Great deal!

No one ran Lmeta on Sakuya teams for the bind heal, it was for that sweet single auto heal awakening action.

Ducarmel

you got this jay23

Kite players on my flist:

A.Yomi players:

I think the thing with A.Yomi is that you need a bunch of endgame stuff like Z8 and A.Haku to use him/her effectively, so only players like rank 400+ are going to run one.

Thanks I will probably give the Kite players a request. Yomi can wait a bit, you are probably right about Yomi, I'm still missing Z8 and my Awoken Haku was delayed.

Anyway sacrificing my Zhou Yu I was saving for Haku to Kirin. Weird string of events, before Kirin Awoken was announced I accidentaly sold my Xuanzang during the mp bonus event. If that never had happen I would not be ready for Kirin. I guess I could have paid for the descend carnival but then i would not have any money to buy King Carnival to level up and evo Fagan.

Kyuur

Glad to see Kirin buffs putting her back near the top! Don't have her anymore but she was my main lead back in OT2 days.

Going to use today's Dragon schedule to hopefully near max level my Vishnu. After that, hopefully beat Yomi for the Bubpy and then my U&Y max-skilling journey will begin.

Edit: Aw shit, superfish collab is coming up. I don't think I have any use for him but might snag him for fun.

jay23

Had to use one stone which was alright since I got one back for clearing it. I'm preparing extra early for awoken Kirin just to get it out of the way now.

What's the final leader skill for Sakuya? I see that it is 5x with up to 2x for combos starting at 6, but what is the number to get 2x? She really seems amazing but getting a consistent 7 combos is hard. Anything more than that and I'll stick with Ra.

Sakuya may have climbed back to the top of the mountain. I have all of the key subs for her after pulling apollo this last fest. I might go with something like, Kirin x2, L. Kali, Valk, Apollo, Sun Quan. Man that is a lot of damage with no bind concerns or worrying about actives. Just have to be good at matching.

Now i have to debate who to feed my 297 Beelzebub to, Yomi or Kirin.

Everyone on pad forums is saying 10 combos for x100. So all the "pro" players are going to use her like Anubis.

I'm thinking Kirin x2, l.kali x2, Apollo(or ilya), SQ.

They should have replaced enhanced stats on Greco gods with time extends or something more useful.

razterik

NA probably has 2 months before A.Sakuya, plenty of time to not rush it.

Now my JP account has way less. Wtb exp to max level Zhou You. Might make her next +297. Thinking two Light Kalis, A.Susano and start working more on Ilya.

J0dy77

Yeah, it's really crazy. I'm leaning towards making her the focus instead of Awoken Yomi. I'm already working on making L. Kali my next 297 and will have 60 eggs on Valk. Such a head start over my Yomi team. I need to know the 2x requirement, it makes a big difference in her strength. If it's 7, holy crap. If it's 10, meh.

I really have to get around to max skilling another Echidna. That's another 220 eggs wasting away on my account.

hermit7

I'm leveling up Zhou Yu to make Awoken Karin and he needs 1.6 million xp before I can evolve him. Really annoying.

Yup. It is awful. I have one too that I have been levelling slowly. If I decide to switch over my 2 Haku that is another extra 3 million for them alone.

smbu2000

Well spent quite a lot of stamina trying to get the last 2 skillups on my Satsuki (#2) and it took about 10 devilits before I was able to get the last two. Now I have both of them max skilled (on my iPad.) Since I had already max skilled Kanna, I have about 20 angelits just sitting there. (Maybe I can pick up LKali sometime!) Happy to have it over and done before the skills happen to change again.

Sakuya is looking pretty strong now with the leader boost and her new awakenings. Looks like I'm going to have to try for her awoken form sooner than I planned. It's just a pain to level up the blue guy. He goes up to level 70 and takes about 1.6 million exp.

you got this jay23
Thanks I will probably give the Kite players a request. Yomi can wait a bit, you are probably right about Yomi, I'm still missing Z8 and my Awoken Haku was delayed.

Anyway sacrificing my Zhou Yu I was saving for Haku to Kirin. Weird string of events, before Kirin Awoken was announced I accidentaly sold my Xuanzang during the mp bonus event. If that never had happen I would not be ready for Kirin. I guess I could have paid for the descend carnival but then i would not have any money to buy King Carnival to level up and evo Fagan.
If you haven't already tried it, you should get the "Hiroba" app. It's great for finding friends. I've gotten a lot of hyper Kite friends using it. You can input your info and then put out a request (for people to find you) or you can search yourself and sent requests to others. It might be a bit tough to use if you're not that good at Japanese.

My Yomi is getting up there in plus eggs, but I don't have any plans to make a Yomi team as my Kite team is already pretty powerful. I'm using Yomi as a sub on the team to cover green and give me a nice last attack with the full board enhance and the extra 5 seconds of movement time. Kite->Vegeta->Yomi gives me a nice 4 color board with a lot of dark orbs on the board. I've been using my Kite team a lot lately.

cw_sasuke

He eventually popped out and I was able to make the A.Shiva on my iPad. Now I just need some Tamadras for him and I need to finish off my D.Izanami to make Hino Kagu for the team.

Great to hear !!
Glad that GungHo made it easier to get Phoenix considering he is essential to evolve one of the Top Leaders in the game.
Yeah, it's really crazy. I'm leaning towards making her the focus instead of Awoken Yomi. I'm already working on making L. Kali my next 297 and will have 60 eggs on Valk. Such a head start over my Yomi team. I need to know the 2x requirement, it makes a big difference in her strength. If it's 7, holy crap. If it's 10, meh.

I really have to get around to max skilling another Echidna. That's another 220 eggs wasting away on my account.

Same here - i was gonna go for A. Yomi but honestly i just dont have the dark based subs for a kick ass team and i would need to spend who knows how many stamina to max at least one Z8 unit.

What would a Top Sakuya team look like ? I saw she is a healer so she will benefit from Sun Quans active (even needed at 100x ?) ...

A.Sakuya - LKali - Lkali - Apollo LB Uevo - Sun Quan - A. Sakuya

?

FZZ

Banned
The most optimal A. Sakuya team would be A. Sakuya/ Lkali/ Lkali/ Chibi Valk/ Kanna/ A. Sakuya.

Sadly I don't have a Kanna so I'll have to go A. Sakuya/ Lkali/ Lkali/ Chibi Valk/ Chibi Valk/ A. Sakuya.

J0dy77

What would a Top Sakuya team look like ? I saw she is a healer so she will benefit from Sun Quans active (even needed at 100x ?) ...

A.Sakuya - LKali - Lkali - Apollo LB Uevo - Sun Quan - A. Sakuya

?

Pretty much. Only potential issue would be skill bind teams but you can swap someone in if necessary. The list of potential subs is pretty long for Sakuya, even verche still has his place.

Here are the subs that I can think of off the top of my head:

L. Kali
Apollo ult
Valk
Verche
Sun Quan
Ganesha
Athena
Izanagi
Angelion

So many potential fits for different reasons and that's just focusing on light damage.

Ducarmel

@ cw_sasuke that looks like a great team, I imagine people will replace Apollo with Elia http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1848 if they can max skill one.

Kanna? How is she a good sub, is it the tpa?

Seems like both my JP and NA is missing one card each has. I don't have L Kali on my JP and I don't have Sun Quan on my NA.

On JP for red I have to decide between Keiji, Ariel, and Ars Nova. Keiji and Ariel active can screw Kirin leader skill. Ars Nova skill is ok to squeeze in a bit more damage but her awakenings suck.

If you haven't already tried it, you should get the "Hiroba" app. It's great for finding friends. I've gotten a lot of hyper Kite friends using it. You can input your info and then put out a request (for people to find you) or you can search yourself and sent requests to others. It might be a bit tough to use if you're not that good at Japanese.

I will see if i can figure it out. Your hypermax Kite is the only consistent friend i have. I need to start putting plus eggs on my Kite, some dungeons I am cutting it pretty close sometimes the difference between winning and losing was literally just a handful of plus eggs.

jay23

The great thing with her is that you don't have to waste a spot for bind clear. Sun quan probably isn't needed you can use

L.Kali
Chibi valk
Kanna
Apollo
Ilya
Indra/awoken susano when needed
Valk

FZZ

Banned
Kanna? How is she a good sub, is it the tpa?

Triple TPA, 2x for dragon and god, 1 turn haste, on color advantage.

The team's damage output would exceed any other possible combination if TPAs and the multiplier is used effectively.

In addition to that 100% skill bind resist, Sakuya is unbindable, has bind clear on her active and awakening. Plus low CD for all moves if max skilled.

Kyuur

Arcline/Muse could be used for boosts as well, but I agree that Kanna is probably the top tier damage boost if you want one due to the haste, triple TPA and SBR. Having lots of options is great!

yami4ct

10 combos with her required colors seems pretty high. She won't be as good as an ideal A. Ra team, but she's still good. Definitely will put together a team to run with her.

Top Bottom