• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I thought 10 combos seemed pretty low for 10x honestly. With 6x at 6 combos she's already as good as LKali and it only gets better from there.

Not that I'm complaining of course. She is really strong but probably not game breaking. Even with a suboptimal team, I'm looking forward to using her.

I'm thinking Sakuya, Valk, Verche, Indra, DKali, Sakuya. My light orb changers are not great...

Ducarmel

Awoken mine and trying her out, i guess its really early in the day so I don't think i will see my kirin friends ready.

If I can get 6-7 combos out of her consistently I don't know if I will keep using my Bastet.

Kyuur

Aw man, streamer guy just lost Kaliseum by a tiny bit, one more combo skyfall and he wouldn't done it. :( I can't ever imagine doing this dungeon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im more interested in A.Sakuya beacuse matching 4 colors is easier and faster than matching all 5 for Ra - his max dmg output in a perfect team might be higher but often you dont need that much damage and especially in floors with weaker mobs it will be faster matching 4 colors with Sakuya and be done with it.

Never was really a fan of Sakuya when i started because i was so used to U&Y, but this Awoken version is likely worth the trouble...and she is finally a useful sub too. So cant rally lose.
Pretty much. Only potential issue would be skill bind teams but you can swap someone in if necessary. The list of potential subs is pretty long for Sakuya, even verche still has his place.

Here are the subs that I can think of off the top of my head:

So many potential fits for different reasons and that's just focusing on light damage.
Yeah that quite the impressive subpool - there are also a couple nice farmable options. I think i will work on a A. Sakuya team.
@ cw_sasuke that looks like a great team, I imagine people will replace Apollo with Elia http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1848 if they can max skill one.
Thats the Invade unit right ? Stats, Active and Awakenings are perfect - didnt knew she was a Healer as well. I might work on skilling her up instead once we get them instead of Z8 then. Would be perfect if she invades an easy Desc like Hera-Is...still will take quite a while heh.

So until then Apollo would probably be my best option - especially since he is already nearly max skilled.
Triple TPA, 2x for dragon and god, 1 turn haste, on color advantage.

The team's damage output would exceed any other possible combination if TPAs and the multiplier is used effectively.

In addition to that 100% skill bind resist, Sakuya is unbindable, has bind clear on her active and awakening. Plus low CD for all moves if max skilled.
Yeah Kanna is a beast - but she is still new and as GFE i dont have her and dont expect to get her anytime soon xD Same with Satsuki, if i had her i would keep working towards Yomi.

Ducarmel

Went in an easy dungeon with A Kirin with a Ultimate Ultimate Kirin friend, took a bit of time to adjust my speed, realized the the team i was using had no awakening and time extend kind of spoiled me.

I like her but Bastet will still be my 1st leader spot for now my kirin team needs a lot of work.

edit:lol some of the losses the streamer is taking is just baffling.

Finally finished with this crap:
7pzok71.jpg

Should probably start working on a second, but I can't say I'm in a mood to do that all over again right now...

Hopefully they announce what the godfest is going to look like in the next couple of days so I can decide how hard to go in on plus eggs.

zoku88

Anybody have an awoken haku they can put up?

I was thinking of using her for C10 but wanted to practice with her a bit.

316 937 332

yami4ct

I thought 10 combos seemed pretty low for 10x honestly. With 6x at 6 combos she's already as good as LKali and it only gets better from there.

Not that I'm complaining of course. She is really strong but probably not game breaking. Even with a suboptimal team, I'm looking forward to using her.

I'm thinking Sakuya, Valk, Verche, Indra, DKali, Sakuya. My light orb changers are not great...

10 combos is only bad if you compare her to A. Ra. Sure, she can do it more constantly, but for that you'd need to be able to get all her colors and 6 extra combos regularly, something I don't think most boards work with. She's especially worse when you consider that Ra has only a 3 turn cool down for 100x when you run him with A. Isis.

But with her scale, she's still a very good lead again. It's the boost she really needed. I kind of wouldn't have minded them going tankier instead for a change in pace for those kinds of leads, but for what she is she's still very good.

Jagernaut

Super King Carnival is amazing. 5 super kings and a queen for 88 stamina. I maxed Zhou Yu's first form and evolved him to make Awoken Karin. I had enough bubpys to max skill her.

razterik

Jewel skill up when? Good thing I checked before trying.

Thinking about emptying my message box searching for enough light piis to make Ilya useful. 5 stones earlier in coin Goemon gave two invades and no skill ups. At least I got plus eggs out of it.

linsivvi

Well Jewels never skilled up Kirin so I wouldn't count on it. :p

I'm saving 4 light Piis just for her.

BTW is there a maximum message limit?

razterik

Already announced that light jewels will switch to A.Sakuya skill up. Looks like it's after maintenance that JP is under now.

We covered it a while back, but the message limit appears to be something quite high, like 250 or 300. And even then, I think overflow messages are stored server side and just not delivered until you have free space on the client.

Rixa

5x4 Is funny. Nice that they changed these <need colour - no colour> dungeons to this, now I dont neet to finetune my party. This pic is from ex Water att needed - No water dungeon.

So much stuff to do in pad (soon). I did run Emerald Dungeons yesterday 4 times, got 2 Super Kings, 5 Kings, 13 High dragons, they should be enough or near enough to boost my Chu Chu to max level.

I prolly pull in next God Fest if its not bad one and with my luck get some unit that replaces Chu Chu ;).

linsivvi

Already announced that light jewels will switch to A.Sakuya skill up. Looks like it's after maintenance that JP is under now.

We covered it a while back, but the message limit appears to be something quite high, like 250 or 300. And even then, I think overflow messages are stored server side and just not delivered until you have free space on the client.
Good. I am running out of space and would rather keep the piis and jewels in the inbox for now.

It's also a good thing that the messages never expire unlike some other games (*cough* dqmsl)

^^^A bit sad that the switch to 5x4 didn't result in dungeon reset. Would have been 6 easy stones.

Rixa

I had my most fastest fight in PAD.
Decided to try Fiend Prince challenge with my wood team. Board pops up... 2 Wood orbs, ok Iam dead. Made combo of 5 and almost killed those fuckers with fire & dark sub colours. Byebye 50 sta :(.

razterik

Looks like we're getting dragged along with JP's 50 million download celebration. 7 days of Tamadra+stone dungeons. And a special Godfest likely featuring new Sengoku pantheon, and if we're really lucky, 4x rates on exclusives.

The boosted 1.5x exp normal dungeons are an all day thing even on weekdays? JP schedules for these always rotated all over the place, so this is a nice change of pace even if I'm not planning on running them.

Maybe this is dumb, but I'm starting to feel like A.Yomi is secretly a really good A.Sakuya sub? Especially if you lack chibi Valk and don't need a shield like A.Susano or want to run Baggi. Hmm.

Fed all my light jewels, 15 or so from box and mails. Two skill ups. Sad, but I think I'll keep her this way until more light jewels. Not planning on using the active more than once a dungeon anyway.

2/several dozen Trifruits in NA. Of course it's only Blue Sonia who gets maxed. Dang, hope rotation is after Thursday next week.

Is the PAL egg carnival broken for NA? Getting lots of non enhance material junk. Don't think the JP version of this worked that way, it had a bunch of regular exp dragons and Pengdra/moltdra.

cw_sasuke

I forgot how bad the skill up process in PaD is... I farmed like 15 copies of Iza the last couple days only to get 0 skill ups during 2.5x lol.

Yeah I won't be bothering with a Dark based team anytime soon.

Also fed a bunch of other units probably around 30 in total and only got a single skill up in Light Iza.

There was good news as well... Thanks for Friday dungeon I got the materials needed to evolve and Uevo Phoenix... So I could finally get Awoken Shiva. Now I need Tamadras for the fire squad.

Looks like we're getting dragged along with JP's 50 million download celebration. 7 days of Tamadra+stone dungeons. And a special Godfest likely featuring new Sengoku pantheon, and if we're really lucky, 4x rates on exclusives.

The boosted 1.5x exp normal dungeons are an all day thing even on weekdays? JP schedules for these always rotated all over the place, so this is a nice change of pace even if I'm not planning on running them.

Maybe this is dumb, but I'm starting to feel like A.Yomi is secretly a really good A.Sakuya sub? Especially if you lack chibi Valk and don't need a shield like A.Susano or want to run Baggi. Hmm.

Fed all my light jewels, 15 or so from box and mails. Two skill ups. Sad, but I think Ill keep her this way until more light jewels. Not planning on using the active more than once a dungeon anyway.

2/several dozen Trifruits in NA. Of course it's only Blue Sonia who gets maxed. Dang, hope rotation is after Thursday next week.

I completely agree, A.Yomi's active and awoken skill is essential for A.Sakuya team. 1.5s is needed for any situation, 5s+ movement and enhance all orbs is so great and work well with L.Kali

Ducarmel

Passing on AoT REM going to roll that 4x exclusive trap.

Which Invade is in rotation right now is it Angel? pad guide is not helpful right now!

Shit. No more jewel invades, just latent stat Tamas? I guess I'll hold off on attempting Leilan skillups since I need them for uvos. I should've farmed them when they last showed up in Goemon. Super quick dungeon. How does GH expect us to evo all these coming uvos?

Shit. No more jewel invades, just latent stat Tamas? I guess I'll hold off on attempting Leilan skillups since I need them for uvos. I should've farmed them when they last showed up in Goemon. Super quick dungeon. How does GH expect us to evo all these coming uvos?

MP Shop!

e: I need to learn how to stop shooting myself in the foot w/ Awoken Ra

Quantum

spending almost a full weeks stamina on Izanami runs for skill ups

feeding all when 2.5 and getting only 1 skill up over 20 feeds = priceless.

keep it real gungho.

Kyuur

Ended up spending a few stones on Super King Carnival last night -- I was rewarded by getting SUPER! 2x while feeding 5 on-colour supers at once. :)

Free tamas+stones is awesome. I hope godfest is next weekend rather than this or early in the week so I can nab some of those free stones to use. If not, I'm kind of happy with my current pool for now anyways, need to build them up more anyways.

Does anyone know the Tama drop rate for the Satan dungeons? Worth running?

Quantum

Hey at least now that she has her uvo you can get Lv99 guaranteed skillups for her!!!

totally.

- its always annoying when you don't get skill ups on a utility card - its not like I'm going to use her other than for huge preemptive hits.

- also I feel like the free/non-rem cards are much harder to skill than the rem pulls.

razterik

Does anyone know the Tama drop rate for the Satan dungeons? Worth running?

This is almost pure hearsay, but I think the numbers some PAD forum JP players had was around 10% rate for Tamadra drops in Castle
of Satan. It might have been higher, but I can't find the specific posts right now.

hermit7

I have all these dark piis and no place to put them at the moment. I am thinking yomi when she gets here, but I don't know.

Also was able to max skill awoken ra, a monster that I have run 2 times maybe. I really just can't use color combo leads anymore. And only having one kali is limiting.

Glad that yinping is coming back for this event, need 3 one for meimei and 2 for 2 leilan. One of my meimei is nearly max skilled then I think I will work on Bastet before finishing a second meimei.

Kyuur

This is almost pure hearsay, but I think the numbers some PAD forum JP players had was around 10% rate for Tamadra drops in Castle
of Satan. It might have been higher, but I can't find the specific posts right now.

Hm, 100~ stamina a Tamadra then.. Not that great, but I guess its decent if you have natural stamina to spend and nothing else to grab. Thanks!

Just did a tally and I need 31 Tamadra for primary unit awakens. Getting 10, so I guess I'll use most of my stones and make sure I end up with at least 21 babies tomorrow. No GF for me.

Edit: No Medjedra this event cycle, qq Awoken Isis.

cw_sasuke

Tama Retreat is coming back tomorrow...i need those Tamdras, hope i will have time for it this time. Shiva, Urd, CaoCao, Katsuguchi...they all have 0 Awakenings so far lol.

spending almost a full weeks stamina on Izanami runs for skill up

feeding all when 2.5 and getting only 1 skill up over 20 feeds = priceless.

keep it real gungho.
Ouch thats even worse than my Izanami skill up attempt...well at least you did get a single skillup ..yay ?

smbu2000

I got one of the reaper invades when I tried out Hera Is (coin dungeon) to get the stone. I was planning to feed him to the other reaper I have from before, but I accidentally fed him to another monster when I was sorting out the plus eggs I'd picked up. -_-;

Anyway, I managed to finish up my Yomi with plenty of time to spare before the event ends. All I need is 1 more badpy to max skill him. Now everybody on my Kite team is 297.

Now who do I go for next. I was thinking about Satsuki. She's a good farm leader as I have a lot of dragon/attackers, plus I might be able to use her on my Kite team.

Indra might be a good choice, too. Lately I've been using my Susano when I need to tank hits though.

I also picked up Cao Cao and Minerva recently. I could go for them as well. Cao Cao is an excellent sub.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Just got my new phone today as well. Need to get used to the bigger screen again moving from my 5s to the 6s. Picked up a Space Gray 64gb for me and a Silver 64gb 6s for the gf.

razterik

10 straight Devilits. Come on, I only want one Angelit for second Ares.

Fed all my dark fairies. One short of max skill on Beach Pandora. Now I have to wait forever for the dungeon to come back again.

10 straight Devilits. Come on, I only want one Angelit for second Ares.

Fed all my dark fairies. One short of max skill on Beach Pandora. Now I have to wait forever for the dungeon to come back again.
If by forever, you mean 5 weeks, people waiting for the other fairies must be suffering for an eternity!

razterik

Heh, I know. Need blue for second Andromeda and red for chibi Chiyome.

They do need to return. Maybe as dailies instead of the umpteenth rerun of old Descends. Or with 2x rates in coin dungeo....ahahahah.

Rixa

I forgot to take Venom Enhanced Bane to Challenge Dungeon 5. Of course i get total of 8 Pys in 3 waves. I dont have skills I dont have orbs in floor 9 so I was toasted, byebye 50 sta.

Next try I take VEB to party and get whopping 3 Pys total in those 3 waves. RNG you cruel mistress :p. Anyways managed to one shot boss and now I have Fire Snowglobe Dragon. Maybe I feed it to my Shiva The Destroyer, sadly I dont have stuff to uevo him.

FZZ

Banned
Lol

Yeah I'm gonna buy a Neptune dragon. Not even an optimal team, just one I can make with my already limited water subs.

Edit: Or should I wait for Ra Dragon. But I only have 1 Dkali...

hermit7

I hate challenge 9. All the others except 10 are manageable but 9 is so hard. I get to the 4th floor and pop urd and am never able to burst her. Then I get all my creatures bound and wipe.

Bastet may be a better team but I have too long of cool downs on that team and too few skill boosts.

With shiva all my actives are up turn 1 save for one shiva who will be if max skilled and my second urd who needs one more skill up.

When Ame comes out I will be able to use her as a cleric unit and her rcv boost will be helpful as well.

A.Sakuyra is still easily an S tier leader and on par with Awoken Ra even with the 10c for 10x thing. She has prongs on her ideal team, and 5/6th of her team is Light on her ideal team. She'll be outputting enough damage at 6-8 combos. She has great defensive awakenings. Bind resistant and clears binds which means you don't need A.Isis. She can run Ilya which increases damage even further with dark -> light conversion. I think her team may also have more light orb enhance than Awoken Ra. The damage is still going to be insane. I cannot wait for my +297 kirin to get use again.

jay23

Watching some arena clears with her and a lot of people are using awoken susano to cover green.

It's refreshing to see so many options and not the usual 2xl.kali/d.Kali/isis

Top Bottom