• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Watching some arena clears with her and a lot of people are using awoken susano to cover green.

Sadly don't have him. My team would probably be:

Sakuya/Kali/SunQuan/Ilya/Valk/Sakuya

Though I'm wondering if I should just invest in my A.Yomi team instead which would be

Yomi/Z8/A.Haku/Pandora/Diza/Yomi.

Not sure which is stronger.

Negator

Wow. I'm fucking done with Wadatsumi. Just fuck it. Lost to troll skyfall 8 combo right at the end and put him sub 25%. No words.

Ducarmel

Already lost my first attempt at Z8. Did not stall long enough on the Samurai Dragons to bring back my skills, after consecutive bad boards on Awilda forcing me to use them.

Kyuur

Finally beat Yomi Goddess!!
DZ81a4m.png
uKLLScY.png

Used +297 max skill Verdandi friend. Only a few plusses on my team and no skill ups. Ended up getting skill bound on Liza despite 80% SBR, but managed to stall the 10 turns on her. Ended up enraging last 2 turns and came out with 800HP. Echidna'd Diza and used the rest of my actives to finish the job!

I have one on my alt. 320,745,218 k2@gaf

Thanks! But says you've maxed friends. :(

FZZ

Banned
Spent all my stones attempting Zaerog8 because I got to the end and I raged at dying. I haven't done this since when I first started playing and spent like ten stones to get Zeus.

So bm, the 100% gravity is retarded. Not killing Zearog with a 9 combo with awoken ra is retarded.

The game is retarded.

Beat Z8 with my Bastet team. I'll run it a few more times to see if it feels worth farming, but its definitely gonna be a long term project.

I haven't done this since when I first started playing and spent like ten stones to get Zeus.
Oh god I remember those days. My first Zeus was 17 stones using Vampire Lord as a leader. Good times....

mike23

Spent all my stones attempting Zaerog8 because I got to the end and I raged at dying. I haven't done this since when I first started playing and spent like ten stones to get Zeus.

So bm, the 100% gravity is retarded. Not killing Zearog with a 9 combo with awoken ra is retarded.

The game is retarded.

Are you trying to go through his 75% reduction? If you can, put up a status effect, like defense, or attack boost and he'll absorb it the first turn. Then you can 1 shot. I had no trouble one shotting him with a Meimei active with Bastet.

FZZ

Banned
Are you trying to go through his 75% reduction? If you can, put up a status effect, like defense, or attack boost and he'll absorb it the first turn. Then you can 1 shot. I had no trouble one shotting him with a Meimei active with Bastet.

Oh no I did that. I'm stupid because what happened was I waited for the damage shield to go down. Then popped Lkali and Ra and I got a bad board. Light and reds were super far apart and I only ended up getting a 5 combo.

I said okay he's still on dark health so it's all good, popped Dkali next turn...5 combo again because right as I was about to finish my board I realized I fucked up fixed it and messed up other combos I had set up, he ended up getting to blue fully healed and that's when I started wasting my stones...

Eventually got him down to 85%~ and popped Dkali and Ra, got a 9 combo but since he was on blue health tanked it to around 20% and killed me.

Basically a lot of it was because I got flustered and played like a noob, could've possibly one shot him in the beginning but I didn't want to waste my Dkali active.

Edit: Wait a second, I didn't put up Isis I just stalled. What's the difference between putting up a shield and not putting up a shield. Just checked Padx...

THE FUCKING DARK DAMAGE REDUCTION

zoku88

Oh no I did that. I'm stupid because what happened was I waited for the damage shield to go down. Then popped Lkali and Ra and I got a bad board. Light and reds were super far apart and I only ended up getting a 5 combo.

I said okay he's still on dark health so it's all good, popped Dkali next turn...5 combo again because right as I was about to finish my board I realized I fucked up fixed it and messed up other combos I had set up, he ended up getting to blue fully healed and that's when I started wasting my stones...

Eventually got him down to 85%~ and popped Dkali and Ra, got a 9 combo but since he was on blue health tanked it to around 20% and killed me.

Basically a lot of it was because I got flustered and played like a noob, could've possibly one shot him in the beginning but I didn't want to waste my Dkali active.
I'm embarrassed to say that basically the same thing happened to me.

coy

I'm sucking with my A. Ra team. Maybe I should use my Bastet instead.
I'm going through the same thing again currently. I have Ra with both Kalis for harder content, but I perform better with Bastet teams. Having strong wood subs helps definitely. It was like this when the Egyptians were first released. I had Bastet and Horus early on (and Isis on a now-defunct alt), but I found myself to be more adept with combo leaders like Bastet than color ones.

There is a lot to do with this event overlapping with the Challenge Descended and of course Z8 here. I'll make attempts on him in a bit as I'd love him for Yomi. I still need a few more mats for awakenings which I believe will all be available this event.

0-stoned Z8 first try with my hypermaxed Ra team. Wasn't too bad. Riskiest part is failing to hit 6 combos twice in a row against the first form. Then it's just Ra active to transform. Isis to dispel. Finish with LKali to OHKO. Kinda mentally draining to farm for skillups though. Is it worth skilling up 2 of them?

mike23

Edit: Wait a second, I didn't put up Isis I just stalled. What's the difference between putting up a shield and not putting up a shield. Just checked Padx...

THE FUCKING DARK DAMAGE REDUCTION

If you have a status effect up, on his first turn he will just dispel it and do no damage to you.

razterik

Is it worth skilling up 2 of them?

Nope. People will disagree, but I would rather take another orb change in that slot. Usually something with haste anyway, like Satsuki or A.Haku.

Besides, floor 9 will get you eventually unless you completely cheese it. Do you want to do that 50 times or 100?

raiot

Okay, i beat zaerog with A. Bastet and 1 Stone on zaerogs First Form. Rngesus gave me 2 Boards without green Orbs....
I really like to skill him up but this Looks like a huge pita... My only + ed Team is dark and I have his ( and a.yomis) perfect Subs. So i probably have to do it.

linsivvi

Once again Sopdet gave me trouble in challenge 7 and failed a couple times before I overcome it.

Failed Zaerog∞ a few times too, but oddly enough at floor 9 and not floor 10. Just carelessly missed the second round combo when I should've taken my time with it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tama Retreat at 5am for me... Well..that sucks at least we are getting a couple free one during this event.

Will give Z8 a shot for the clear stone... But with A. Sakuya upcoming I won't invest in a dark team after all. Just too much work and it would burn me out quick.

Need to get the Challenge lvl 7 Woodpy though.

Nope. People will disagree, but I would rather take another orb change in that slot. Usually something with haste anyway, like Satsuki or A.Haku.

Besides, floor 9 will get you eventually unless you completely cheese it. Do you want to do that 50 times or 100?
Heh. After my post I failed my next 2 runs on battle 9. Then your post reminded me of the Genie cheese. Luckily I actually have a max level/skill ultimate Genie. Replaced an LKali and breezed through the dungeon. Unless you get seriously orb-trolled, this team looks to be a winner for this dungeon. Just gotta kill the must-kill monsters and there are several spots you can recharge. Think I'll just stick with 1 maxed Z8 though.

Edit: Just checked Game8 and even though it was expected, it warms my heart to see A.Sakuya debut at S-rank after falling off and getting hated on. Back to being the top 4-color combo lead!

FZZ

Banned
Ahahaha drinking and playing pad should be illegal

Luckily I disconnected my bank account from my google play account so no spending cash on stones for me

Play safely my friends

Took down zaerog8 last night with my awoken shiva team: a shiva/Ronia/a Kagu/cao cao/r balk/a shiva, almost completely mad skilled (Ronia is missing the two new skill ups and a Kagu missing 1), and a lot of plus eggs.

Didn't get a water pirate or samurai dragon, that would have spelt the end of me most likely. Having three turns for heavy metal dragon was more than enough, I only needed one r valk skill to generate enough red orbs.

Shiva's leader skill means that six combos are my bread and butter. So nailed the three of those I needed to transform him. A 14 combo based on a Ronia full board change and shiva did 75% of his HP bar.

Then I died, with another shiva and a Kagu actives waiting. So I stoned.

Got a good board with lots of water and red, used my skills and took him down.

1 stoning is enough for me, since I wasn't going to farm. I feel a hypermax a shiva team could take this down without that stone.

Rixa

Finally beat Yomi Goddess!!

Used +297 max skill Verdandi friend. Only a few plusses on my team and no skill ups. Ended up getting skill bound on Liza despite 80% SBR, but managed to stall the 10 turns on her. Ended up enraging last 2 turns and came out with 800HP. Echidna'd Diza and used the rest of my actives to finish the job!

Thanks for the headsup. Couldnt beat Beelze, but definetly trying Yomi, since my team is very similar to yours :).

Does anyone have any tiles for taking down devil rush from the descend challenge?

I run awoken shiva, awoken Ra (no l.kali so not really viable due to the full poison board), Ronia, verdandi, lucifer, light dragon called, and have all Greek awokens except ceres

Kyuur

Sorry. Cleared a spot for you.

Thanks, added! Is she up in one of your primary slots or should I msg when I need?

Thanks for the headsup. Couldnt beat Beelze, but definetly trying Yomi, since my team is very similar to yours :).

No problem! Our teams are very similar so I'm always following your clears too. :) If you want a more detailed version, here was my general strategy:

Floor 1 - TPA and target light enemy to take out, leave other one alive, tank first hit and let use Lone Force to stall for skills just in case (might not have worked if my Delgado had his TPA)
Floor 2 - Tank one initial hit here usually, okay to drop below 50% unless Blue Divinegon decides to bind both leaders
Floor 3 - Can tank first hit if needed, drop below 30% to stall an extra turn before killing
Floor 4 - Pray you get Dragon Hino instead of Serpent, if Serpent and on 1 turn cd you might need to Echidna. Tough to 1 shot w/o boosting due to fire.
Floor 5 - If you don't have 100% SBR, pray you don't get binded. Easy to tank > 30%, free turn under since you'll most likely be activating Verdandi and clearing the jammers anyways. If you used Echidna on previous, might want to stall
Floor 6 - Can let her go first turn and use Verdandi, hard to tank so Echidna delay is good. Activate boost before going under 50% due to fire element. Going under 50% and letting her attack will kill due to loss of Verdandi HP most of the time.

Rixa

Thanks, added! Is she up in one of your primary slots or should I msg when I need?

No problem! Our teams are very similar so I'm always following your clears too. :) If you want a more detailed version, here was my general strategy:

Floor 1 - TPA and target light enemy to take out, leave other one alive, tank first hit and let use Lone Force to stall for skills just in case (might not have worked if my Delgado had his TPA)
Floor 2 - Tank one initial hit here usually, okay to drop below 50% unless Blue Divinegon decides to bind both leaders
Floor 3 - Can tank first hit if needed, drop below 30% to stall an extra turn before killing
Floor 4 - Pray you get Dragon Hino instead of Serpent, if Serpent and on 1 turn cd you might need to Echidna. Tough to 1 shot w/o boosting due to fire.
Floor 5 - If you don't have 100% SBR, pray you don't get binded. Easy to tank > 30%, free turn under since you'll most likely be activating Verdandi and clearing the jammers anyways. If you used Echidna on previous, might want to stall
Floor 6 - Can let her go first turn and use Verdandi, hard to tank so Echidna delay is good. Activate boost before going under 50% due to fire element. Going under 50% and letting her attack will kill due to loss of Verdandi HP most of the time.

Iam happy \o/. It took 3 stones for STA refills, few times had really bad start only 1-2 wood orbs. It was learning curve indeed. But managed to beat it (8. try I think).
My GRG was binded at floor 4 by that Devil bind, my team is luckily 100% SBR.

1. I had almost all skills up (only Vishnu wasnt).
- Popped Echidna + Verd + GRG + GZL
- And then got really nice skyfall. Was wtf, combo after combo at boss wave.
2. After 1st turn, still have 1 Verd skill to use
3. Rewards

3 Stones well worth of it. Same time Iam learning more and more to play this :).

Negator

Spent 2 stones and took the opportunity to max skill my Kushinada in Legendary Seaway. The 1.5x exp makes it a lot better because I was constantly ranking up in there.

I have a bunch of extra Red Pirates and Red Odin Tamas, but no Rodin or Chiyome. Should I bother saving these?

OMG, fed Red Snowglobe to Hino and got great. Glad that's done.

hermit7

Was able to beat challenge 9 with Shiva. It is challenging with my year because I only have 4 orb changers and they all have decently long cool downs.

Typically I am able to burst floor 1 with a tpa and 6 combo, then do the same on floor 2. Here you can stall a turn and she will buff herself.

For floor 3 I generally stall a couple turns before popping hino with his defense break and with a 6 combo and 2 tpa from that his defense will break.

Floor 4 is the challenging one for my team so I typically will pop caocao and it gives me two turns to burst through her 4 million hp. For shiva if you don't burst her all the way she will bind all fire monsters under 50% and they are not up soon enough to finish her off.

Floor 5 I pop my first urd and burst him. 6 combo is typically enough with 2 tpa. He has a tom of hp but half is grass so you get x2.

Floor 6 is Dragon zombie and you get two turns to burst him. A 6 combo with as many fire orbs as you can generate on both teams without an active bursts him down.

Then on the last floor I pop Urd and shiva for orb enhance. You need a decent board because 7 million hp is a lot but a 6 combo and 3 tpa should be enough damage.

I don't have a team that can beat challenge 10. I need to level up and awaken mayima for her sweet dark damage reduction to tank Here's preemptive on floor one. I may look at it and try with meimei or something but I don't have many plussed eggs on my green team so I would be worried about damage at only 12.25 multiplier.

2.5x skiilup rates and I start off 0/20 on Z8 skillups...

This is gonna take a while. In fact I'm pretty busy this weekend so it might have to wait till next time we get the dungeon. At least the dungeon gives great rank exp and drops like exp and MP fodder. Maybe I should just farm Light Cat for the invades...

Edit: Heh, just started off 2/2 on Arcline skillups. Maybe the game is trying to tell me something. Take advantage of 3x invades now because Z8 will be around more often.

Rixa

I was thinking to use Snow Globe Dragon Rouge to level 43 Shiva, the Destroyer. Then decided that what if I happen to get "Great" so much exp wasted. So plan B and level 1 Extant Ronia...

J0dy77

Got through zaerog infinite on the first try with Horus team. Then wiped the next two rows after messing with the team a bit. I was scared I would need to tank a bit in his final form. The first clear the damage seemed really close when he dropped.

No clue how I'm going to max skill this guy.

smbu2000

Decided to try out Z8 for the first time since it's a part of the current Descend Challenge and after some screw ups I finally managed to clear it with my Kite team. At first I made the mistake of trying my Kite->Vegeta->Yomi attack right after his 75% shield defense ended, but that dark 50% shield makes things tougher. I ended up dying to his "End of Pain" attack. The next time I whittled him down to about half HP, then did my main attack and it finished him off.
Glad to clear that descend and get the shynpy and friend point reward.

I also finally got around to doing Sandalphon (Ceres/Verdandi team) and Wadatsumi (Bastet/Bastet team) for the other piis. Echidna really helped out on Wadatsumi. Took me longer than clearing it with my Vegito team, but it did feel a bit safer.

Only one I have left to clear in the descend challenge is Scarlet.

mike23

Just finished Tamadra Retreat. This is my team:

Had to feed off some in the middlle which took me about 6 minutes. I did 32 runs in 35 minutes, then 19 runs in the last 19 minutes.

My strategy for this team is A.Shiva floor 1 then a single row for 1-3 then Ra on the last floor. I changed my strategy a few runs into the 32 runs, so I think it is pretty consistently ~1 minute per run. Took 6 minutes to feed off the babies from the first 32 runs. A 1 combo of a fire row easily does >150k damage, even without any plus orbs.

Total Results in 51 runs
Adult Tamadra: 21 (~10% total drop chance)
Baby Tamadra: 143 (~70%)
Dark Tamadra: 40 (~20%)

Fed off all the babies and got 49 awakenings = ~34% rate

So 70 total awakenings for 2550 stamina = 36.4 stamina per awakening = ~1.4 awakenings per run

Quantum

coming from someone who spent a ton on the cards I like -

every skill up is annoying - I've tried many.

I've spent a lot, not sure how you will get me to spend more.

edit: I think I'm done with this game - the problem with actually spending money is that it just encourages you to spend more money without the added benefits of actually increasing the odds of either skilling up or benefits of spending in any other game. I have a ton of crap and 5 or 6 functional teams - any more I spend doesn't aid me in any way. (destiny has helped a ton with breaking my recent pad habit)

am_dragon

Kinda burnt myself out on this game so I haven't been playing much for the past month. Woke up this morning and saw the descended challenge is in the last day...

Beat the 2 levels that give Flampy, I finally have a Hypermax A.Shiva.

After reading the posts above... not even trying Z8...

bjork

Finally got my Echidna's ultimate evolution. I still don't have all the normal dungeons cleared, but I'm up to Vesta Cave and I can also run dragon's footprints or something? They're tough with the guys I have, but I've been slowly trying to claw my way through. Good times.

Quantum

Kinda burnt myself out on this game so I haven't been playing much for the past month. Woke up this morning and saw the descended challenge is in the last day...

Beat the 2 levels that give Flampy, I finally have a Hypermax A.Shiva.

After reading the posts above... not even trying Z8...

Z8 was fun, but it was punishing - took me a few tries using both an optimizer and reading a great deal about the dungeon.

the newer material just gets harder and harder - not sure thats a good thing. there is a fine line between challenging and just abusive. I was really enjoying trying different teams and playing the same levels in new and different ways - as the recent meta is changing I don't feel like chasing it anymore.

after putting so much effort into hypermaxing a team the concept of changing and trying to hypermax another team with skill up % that realistically has been 7-8% due to crappy RNG has really broken my will to give two shits about getting new cards that I'd have to then try to skill and use.

I get it - I should just quit, or not complain on a message board - the truth is I tend to hyperfocus on a game and like to learn every facet of it - this game at times is just abusive - reading different forums and message boards the concept of "rage stoning" is a real thing - and each and every time I read it - I understand the feeling and its the epitome of shitty level design OR the biggest money grab from a company that understands how to squeeze $ out of the 0.05% of whales.

it just sucks.

Quantum

Yeah but then you say you want to quit PAD for Destiny which is equally as abusing and grindy

I have always been in an abusive relationship with a game. I blame bilestoad. (or meridian 59, EQ or AO).

also - I don't want to quit, I just feel that to continue at this point takes a bunch of money to progress at the speed I'd like to - as you have multiple teams and cards you need more -

of course "need" is a relative term, but the concept of advanced progression is certainly nullified by the paywall.

Kyuur

Spent two stones on tamas, wasn't particularly keeping track of exacts but I ended up getting around 16 awakenings, so that's all good with me.

Max leveled my Yamato, hit rank 150 and got Hino from the machine.. I don't really have a fire TPA leader and his Awoken skill is unfortunately bad for Gadius. Maybe I'll pull Urd, Shiva or Leilan at some point.

Ugh, farming Z8 is rough. It's super easy to die due to a single mistake. I've picked up about 20 so far and died 7 times. Failed to get 6 combos twice against floor 9, three dropped combos against the super kings, and (embarrassingly) two terrible combos on floor 1.

I'm pretty burnt out for now. Hopefully he comes back before we get Awoken Yomi so I can finish him off.

bjork

Are there any genuinely good units to get from collaborations, or is the idea to get dudes to use for potential skill ups?

Ducarmel

Are there any genuinely good units to get from collaborations, or is the idea to get dudes to use for potential skill ups?

Do you mean dungeon drops or collab REM?

Dungean Drops

If the collab drop a card that can skill some of your REM cards and you use them then yeah collabs are a good source for skill ups run it if you think its worth the trouble. Some dungeon drops are low cost cards also so maybe if you need a low cost unit as sub collabs can be a good source to raise a max skill sub for a low cost team.

For Collab REM
So far none of the ones released for the US version comes close to being top tier. In JP only 2 are considered end game material Kite and Vegito, 3 if you can afford Cloud system. If your looking for an end game lead don't pull collabs.

Some can be considered as good subs. NA version has Bikini Pandora and Bikini Dark Valk but are super rare pulls.

Only reason to care about collab REM is because you think they are cool to have or want a low cost lead like the Silver egg Batman or Asmo-Deus.

EDIT:

Wow at the experience of a lifetime exploit on the KR servers. I get banning the dudes that ran it non stop the tos most likely address abusing the game in such a way, but banning everybody that ran it one time is messed up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...korea_gungho_panicks_due_to_exploit_allowing/

bjork

Ah, okay. I've kept a few units from the different collaborations that have happened since I started, but I hadn't considered the notion of low-cost teams. There's a lot to learn about this game, heh.

Top Bottom