• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

raiot

Wow, I sold 7 l.kalis... pulled 2 packs, and got 5 kalis back to back...
Now I have all new dragon callers, 2 times except no kanna...
All Norns, still no Rodin :(

I also got me a Blonia, guess I will be farming Trifruits forever... I have to skill: 2 Ronias, 1 Blonia, 3 Verdandi, 1 Urd, 1 Skuld, 2 Sumire, 2 Tsubaki, 1 Kaede...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol...i knew this would happen, but it could be worse. Was planning for a single pull because i wanted to keep some stones for Stamina refreshes during skill up farming. First pull : 4* Salamander ..... -.- ..... im like really game ? Just couldnt stop after that shitty pull and went ahead and pulled 3 more times.

- Maeda Keiji
- Satsuki
- Ishida Mitsunari

All Gold, all new - happy with my pulls even though i have to farm for stones now again.

I knew this would happen as in....just when i somehow buried the idea of a A.Yomi team because of lacking subs i get Satsuki - which is awesome. I still dont have Haku or another Top Tier Board Changer but now i have to give the team a shot. Also finally something to use Devilts on since i will never pull DKali.

Ishida Mitsunari. also is a great pull for me and actually one of the few green Pantheon units i wanted. TPAs are dominating right now but with my green subs i can work on a strong Green Row team.

What would his perfect team look like ?

Astaroth G/D - Artemis G/D - Artemis G/D - GZL

Not sure about Maeda Keiji, havent used Orb Refresher so far....but maybe he will be useful down the line. Still very happy dont know when was the last time i pulled 3 "new" units.

PS. Super Kings will be back tomorrow - so if you wanna skill up your Ares, Persephones, Apollos etcs. - during this skill up event you might wanna give it a shot.

@chrono01

Thats a lot of pulls :eek:
But this was probably the events to use them considering how many solid pulls and GFE you got from it. How far are you in the game and which "solid" teams are you already running ? Okuninushi and especially A.Bastet are a solid choice though. Your dark team would be perfect if you could pull Yomi down the line and as said before so would your Bastet team with Liu Bei/Vishnu

5 pulls

eb05y8K.jpg

Do I keep a dupe Shiva?

e: actually said fuck it and pulled 2 more times. Got another Verdandi and a Tsubaki.

This Godfest has been great.

Now I'm done buying stones for a long long time

smbu2000

Rolled once more (this time in the 2nd half of the GF) and picked up my second LKali! I've been hoping for DKali, but another LKali is a welcome addition. My first one is already hyper and this one will be my next project after I finish with Levi. I used 5 extra angelits I had on her and got nothing...I probably won't start collecting more again until after the AoT collab ends as I'm trying to get skill ups for him.

I'm pretty happy overall with my pulls these past few days. After going 1/3 on AoT and getting the character I wanted (Levi), I've picked up Lu Bu, Loki and now my 2nd LKali. On my iPad, I picked up a silver on AoT (bread girl Sasha) and Lu Bu.

Also finished making Hino Kagu on my iPad and max skilled him with flampys. Nice addition to the A.Shiva team I've been using.
Well I used some of my stones and for stamina refreshes (AoT is also on 1.5x although I just did the hardest difficulty) and I ended up being able to max skill my Levi. Yay! I just need to finish levelling him up. Then I'll give him the plus eggs I've gathered so far and try to get the rest.

Definitely happy to have him max skilled. :)

I also max skilled the 3 bosses...I wish I had the other gold eggs, so I could use the other skill up photos that I picked up.

I guess I can try and skill up my LKali now!
I'm glad the new reward Noel is a light one, so I can give it to her.

edit: My gf also had some good pulls on her main account. Akechi Mitsuhide (one of the Samurai series), Satsuki, Satsuki and Haku. Back to back Satsukis!

razterik

Do I keep a dupe Shiva?

Not unless you need a R/B sub for Urd or are willing to max skill his original 100% armor break skill for some high armor gimmick farming.

Not sure about Maeda Keiji, havent used Orb Refresher so far....but maybe he will be useful down the line. Still very happy dont know when was the last time i pulled 3 "new" units.

Nice pulls. Orb Refresh is one of the only ways of clearing out locked orbs, which are a recent mechanic that is likely to show up more often.

All these GFE pulls. i still haven't pulled one during these 4x events. Pulling Freyr feels even worse after seeing those Norse "buffs". Still have the stat awakenings and still have 2x at 1 turn on a goddamn 12 turn cd. But hey, at least I can use I&I to boost dark attacks, because that makes sense. They can't be serious...

Hahaha, wow, these buffs are even worse than I'd expected. Still D-tier Awokens. If JP doesn't loose their shit over this in the next couple days, time to sell off some dupes. Maybe keep one each of the original, better versions.

4 pulls, got Maeda Keiji,, Mori Motonari, Krisna and B.Odin. Every pull is new stuff so it is great GF.
However, i'm still unsure which team i can put these cards?

All these GFE pulls. i still haven't pulled one during these 4x events. Pulling Freyr feels even worse after seeing those Norse "buffs". Still have the stat awakenings and still have 2x at 1 turn on a goddamn 12 turn cd. But hey, at least I can use I&I to boost dark attacks, because that makes sense. They can't be serious...
Awoken Freyr is actually pretty baller imo

As for Norse buffs, they seem alright now.

ccbfan

Pull 4 time + till trolled.

1. Hermes: Ehh a dup but since mine is max skill and with the current meta of awokenings probably a good idea to have one dupe.

2. Red Berserker Guy: 3000 MP

3. Urd: Nice, will fit in nice with my 2 future awoken freyas which I didn't have a used for until this.

4. Horus: Hell yes, my most wanted eqyptian God since I don't have the any of the subs for Basset (No liu Beis or Vishnu) and Ra (No Kalis). Now with this new buff? Even better,

5. Fuu: Ehh dup.

Also the norse gods improvements sucks. So you have the most mono color team character in existence and your improvement is to give them a boost for another color that's not cummulative? Good job.

Ducarmel

idk if Norse buff will make people want to use them over Ronia or other established easy farm leads. I can make a good I&I team on both my accounts I got haku, typhon, Karin, Sarsvati, nut, etc. Just not sure if she will take off.

Horus buff seems like it allows the old gang to come back together. Susano and Orochi. I remember used to wanting them so badly for classic Horus stall/tank team in my early pad days.

donjezzy

I wanted a Persephone so bad to replace my grape dragon on my dark teams, she was actually the first card I pulled when I started but ended up fusing her like an idiot. I told myself I'll keeping rolling till I got her. ended up rolling a gadius which was cool, a diviengon and a Dup satsuki and gryps rider. I was started to get hesitant and was going farm more stones but I ended up buying 12 more and low and behold I got her next and was ready to evo her in less then 2 minutes

Kyuur

Managed to scrounge up another 5 stones for one last roll.

A second Hino after I got one a couple days ago from rank 150... Too bad his Awoken form is terrible for Gadius. I need Shiva or Urd or someone.

razterik

I'm thinking of feeding my red piis to my new Phoenix Rider. What are the chances we ever get the Duel Masters collab?

Slim, but not impossible. His skill up drop is very annoying, though. It has no mini boss floor so is mixed in with normal spawns on only three floors. Comes in both unevo (common) and evo (uncommon) forms, so there's a good chance you have to evolve it. And the spawned mob will frequently drop an unrelated card skill up instead of itself.

I keep hoping GungHo will put the new rider skill ups in a new non-collab dungeon, but they've been pretty bad about providing skill ups lately. And who knows how long it would take to make it to NA even if they did.

JP day two Godfest rolls. Whole lot of garbage dupes, ugh. And then Kanna. She's nice, but doesn't redeem the rest since I only have one impossible-to-skill-in-JP Apocalypse and not a lot of useful light Gods.

hermit7

Well finally was able to evolve my karin to Awoken form. Only level 20 and not awoken but she is awesome. May get all my blue piis for the moment.

The issue is that blue is really neglected for the moment. There are zero high quality leads on the same level as Bastet, Ra, shiva, or yomi.

Illucio

Banned
Well finally was able to evolve my karin to Awoken form. Only level 20 and not awoken but she is awesome. May get all my blue piis for the moment.

The issue is that blue is really neglected for the moment. There are zero high quality leads on the same level as Bastet, Ra, shiva, or yomi.

Blue monsters are typically the rarest as well. (Monsters for Whales) I agree though, they need a huge buff. Wood is finally viable after years of neglect, Fire has always done well, Dark and Light always did well, now Water needs some one on one time.

The only mainly good blue leader monster is Umi Yama and they just got a 2nd evolution. Blue always focus on HP/tanking.

smbu2000

JP day two Godfest rolls. Whole lot of garbage dupes, ugh. And then Kanna. She's nice, but doesn't redeem the rest since I only have one impossible-to-skill-in-JP Apocalypse and not a lot of useful light Gods.
Why is Apocalypse impossible to skill up? I max skilled the one on my iPhone (although I don't use him), still need to finish the one on my iPad. Maybe when the skill comes around again. (sometime) It was on him for a long time though.

I will have to do the Tuesday dungeon again though to pick up Keeper of Gold for my LKali #2. Haven't had a reason to try the hardest level in awhile. I played quite a bit of the Friday dungeon and managed to max skill her, yay! Happy to have her out of the way. Need to evo/uevo and level her now.

FZZ

Banned
Got enough stones for one more pull on NA. Was praying for another Dkali.

Got my 3rd Lkali... Is having 3 Lkalis useful for anything?

Illucio

Banned
Got enough stones for one more pull on NA. Was praying for another Dkali.

Got my 3rd Lkali... Is having 3 Lkalis useful for anything?

The best possible L. Kali team is:

Leader: L Kali
- L Kali
- L Kali
- D Kali
- Sun Quan

L Kali is her own best sub solely because her ability gives her a perfect board every time. (Meaning you will be guaranteed 3 or more of all orbs for her Leader skill requirement.)

You don't need more than 3.

razterik

Why is Apocalypse impossible to skill up? I max skilled the one on my iPhone (although I don't use him), still need to finish the one on my iPad. Maybe when the skill comes around again. (sometime) It was on him for a long time though.

I haven't seen a skill up for him since around his active skill haste buff. And they've cycled the rotation several times since then. I've been interested in skilling him up, but there's been no real option besides piis and I'm not using those on something that used to cost 50 stamina per attempt. Light Zhuge Liang has this same problem outside the special PEM pull.

ccbfan

Ended Up spending the rest of my stone after some pretty good luck this morning. Totalling to 13.

1. Leilan: Nice needed a fire/god orb changer for Shiva dragon.
2. Red Chester: Nice needed a utlility monster for skill bind and handling poison orbs perferred dark tough.
3. Belial: Dupe, first was already useless.
4. Verdandi: Dupe, but only 2nd so still super useful since Verdandi is one of Verdandi best subs.
5. Artemis: Ehh, Row Green? Wait for Awoken to do anything.
6. L Kali. Hell, yes. Most wanted monster. Opens up a lot for me since I also have Kirin.
7. Kano: Ehh at least not a dupe.
8. Red Ninja: Got like 5 of these 5000 MP.

Plus good rolls in Hermes, Urd and Horus.

Pretty good. 8/13 rolls I wanted. 3 of them (Urd, L Kali, Horus) I really wanted.

J0dy77

So after total frustration from my rolls yesterday, I grout out a few extra stones for one more rage pull...

Red Sonia. lol

First time I've pulled her and have no idea how to feel about her now. Here is to hoping she makes a comeback.

chrono01

@chrono01

Thats a lot of pulls :eek:
But this was probably the events to use them considering how many solid pulls and GFE you got from it. How far are you in the game and which "solid" teams are you already running ? Okuninushi and especially A.Bastet are a solid choice though. Your dark team would be perfect if you could pull Yomi down the line and as said before so would your Bastet team with Liu Bei/Vishnu
Yeah, I figured I'd go a bit crazy with the pulls, since there were so many new monsters in the GF that I wanted and people seemed to be having decent luck. I regret nothing! As you mentioned, I'm still missing a few crucial members, but I hope to get them with time. I need to level up my current ones anyway, as well as increase my team cost a bit more, so it's not entirely bad.

As for my teams, they're more than likely not optimized...at all. I haven't touched them in a long while, haha.

Kirin/Echidna/Blue Odin [stat stick]/Verche/Valkyrie
Zhuge Liang/Kushinada/Michael/Bard Robin/Sasuke
Metatron/Echidna/Valkyrie/Angelion/King Shynee

So yeah, I'm sure they could be improved upon quite a bit, especially with new evolutions out there. I still have so much content to work through, I haven't even completed all of the Normal Dungeons yet [I stopped at Tower to the Sky].

Oh! Congrats on that Satsuki, BTW. It seems like more than a few were after her, so getting her in three pulls is great!

LuffyZoro

I haven't seen a skill up for him since around his active skill haste buff. And they've cycled the rotation several times since then. I've been interested in skilling him up, but there's been no real option besides piis and I'm not using those on something that used to cost 50 stamina per attempt. Light Zhuge Liang has this same problem outside the special PEM pull.

Yeah, I finally got a skill bind resist to farm Wednesday dungeon, but now it seems like the masks aren't rotating back onto LZL.

hermit7

Thursday mythical isn't too bad when you need all 3 dragon fruit.

Yep. I need red for urd, blue for sumire and blonia and green for verd and Gronia.

Have 3 skills on Nepthys and need 2 more before she is maxed out. Hopefully her uevo makes all the stam spent worth it.

mike23

Fire Gala is overpowering.

So many dupes.

Already had before this GF:
2x D.Meta
2x Gadius
3x Arthur
2x Water Dragon Swordsman
3x Verdandi
2x Horus
2x Hino
2x Sasuke
3x L.Kali

Only new cards:
2x Fire CyberDragon. Decent pull, happy with it.
1x Maeda Keiji. I like it, not sure how useful it will be when I already have Ra
1x Light CyberDragon. I like this series.
1x Freyr. Finishes up my Norse set
1x R.Valk. Best pull for me by far. Threw a present dragon on it and I'll skill it up today or tomorrow.
1x Sumire. Pretty good. I don't really run water teams, but I've been working on exping them lately. I have most of the good water cards.

J0dy77

Anyone see the buff to everyone's favorite fire chicken? Horus leader skill bonus when using an active now works for all cards instead of just gods and Devils. Awoken Susano here I come!!!

Ducarmel

^Yeah i mentioned how if you ran tank/stall Horus with Susano and Orochi back in the day you can dust off the old team again.

grinded pad w for 5 stones for last minute pull in jp

grimrock, pls kill me.

linsivvi

Anyone see the buff to everyone's favorite fire chicken? Horus leader skill bonus when using an active now works for all cards instead of just gods and Devils. Awoken Susano here I come!!!

Welp, that takes away all my worries about evolving monsters.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Well I used some of my stones and for stamina refreshes (AoT is also on 1.5x although I just did the hardest difficulty) and I ended up being able to max skill my Levi. Yay! I just need to finish levelling him up. Then I'll give him the plus eggs I've gathered so far and try to get the rest.

Definitely happy to have him max skilled. :)

I also max skilled the 3 bosses...I wish I had the other gold eggs, so I could use the other skill up photos that I picked up.

I guess I can try and skill up my LKali now!
I'm glad the new reward Noel is a light one, so I can give it to her.

edit: My gf also had some good pulls on her main account. Akechi Mitsuhide (one of the Samurai series), Satsuki, Satsuki and Haku. Back to back Satsukis!

Do the skill photos only drop on the hardest?

Rixa

Sofar 8 runs in friday expert dungeon, 7 times has Dub-amelit dropped, once has Dub-mythlit dropped, 0 times Dub-topalit. PAD really knows what you need and gives you everything else.
Utterly stupid & frustrating, no luck with earlier floors either, I could use 10 Dub-topalits.

^^ Edit: Four runs later my 12th run dropped first Dub-topalit, now I can atleast evolve Gadius (about 15 Dub-amelits dropped so far).

smbu2000

Do the skill photos only drop on the hardest?
No, they drop on other difficulty levels as well. The one I wanted (Levi) is the boss drop, so playing it on the hardest difficulty guaranteed me a boss drop although it wasn't always the skill up photo. Still better than not having anything drop.

Anyway, I fed the Light Noel that I picked up in the current challenge dungeon and I got the Dai (1.5x) on it! (I don't know what it's called in the English version of the game as I've never played it.)
Now my 2nd LKali is already at level 95. Very nice. Need to wait until Tuesday to get the uevo mats I need.

Yeah, that happens. I wonder if they'll change his skill up monster to something else? I remember after I picked up my first Zuoh; I started gathering up devilits for when his skill up came around again and then they changed it to Green Ancient masks.

Epic Drop

It's crazy that I fed my Neptune dragon three off color snow globe dragons and got a great and he's still not max level... That experience curve...

I want to collect the Justice League. This collab has been a lot of fun.

But I've rolled seven fucking times and gotten the Flash 5 of those 7 attempts. This is bullshit.

cw_sasuke

6 stones later...both LKalis maxed ( one was already slvl 4) - never again man i hate this stage 90% of the drop are Devilit. I delayed max skilling LKali because i didnt know what to do with all the Devilts i would get....getting Satsuki was enough for me to finally get it done.

Now hoping to skill up Persephone/Artemis and Apollo a bit with the Super Kings Carnival.
Nice pulls. Orb Refresh is one of the only ways of clearing out locked orbs, which are a recent mechanic that is likely to show up more often.
Oh interesting....think i heard of the locked orbs mechanics before. Does that mean you cant move the orbs around with your finger or that they wont change colors when you use a orb/board changer ?
So after total frustration from my rolls yesterday, I grout out a few extra stones for one more rage pull...

Red Sonia. lol

First time I've pulled her and have no idea how to feel about her now. Here is to hoping she makes a comeback.

Heh...yeah - did GungHo ever said if GFE could get Awoken forms ? Seems like this would be the only way to make them more relevant again. Unless they plan just to drop their GFE status down the line like they did with GZL/LZL...
Yeah, I figured I'd go a bit crazy with the pulls, since there were so many new monsters in the GF that I wanted and people seemed to be having decent luck. I regret nothing! As you mentioned, I'm still missing a few crucial members, but I hope to get them with time. I need to level up my current ones anyway, as well as increase my team cost a bit more, so it's not entirely bad.

Oh! Congrats on that Satsuki, BTW. It seems like more than a few were after her, so getting her in three pulls is great!

Yeah probably will need a bit time again to get back into the game if you havent played it for a while...if you need Bastet friends you can add me my Code should bee in the Google Doc.

And yeah i am happy for Satsuki - finally something to use Devilts on heh.
It's crazy that I fed my Neptune dragon three off color snow globe dragons and got a great and he's still not max level... That experience curve...
Oh nice you bought him ? What does your squad look like ?

Weekday mythicals have been unkind theis week. I needed one more blue mask to uvo Okuni and came away with 5 greens. Then I needed a blue fruit to uvo Z8 and couldn't get one of those either. So now I might have to wait a whole extra week because I want to skill up Dill Sirius and Beach Chester.

BTW why does Sirius have a 5 turn CD when Osiris/Nut only have 4? It makes no sense.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Red Sonia. lol

Nice man. She still serves as a decent full board changer and a stat stick for fire or devil based teams.

Anyway if you guys interested in statistics, I did 256 rolls yesterday for a Rodin and several Leilans hopefully for the Ilm system (bought 10 packs initially cuz found out I got a $600 raise). More than 1/3 are GFEs on average it seems. I have more than enough MP to buy all 5 MP dragons......

Here are the GFEs results:
1 Kanna
1 DKali
1 Ilm
1 Blodin
1 Gronia
2 Blonias
7(?!!!) Typhons
>5 each: Gadius, Zuoh, Ronia, Godin, Satsuki, Verdandi, Lmeta, Sumire
3 Urds
2 Tsubakis

Several copies of the full pantheon of Sengoku and Greco-Roman...
countless trash mobs from fire gala...

In the end, I still don't have a Rodin nor Leilan...

cw_sasuke

Nice man. She still serves as a decent full board changer and a stat stick for fire or devil based teams.

Anyway if you guys interested in statistics, I did 256 rolls yesterday for a Rodin and several Leilans hopefully for the Ilm system (bought 10 packs initially cuz found out I got a $600 raise). More than 1/3 are GFEs on average it seems. I have more than enough MP to buy all 5 MP dragons......

1 Kanna
1 DKali
1 Ilm
1 Blodin
1 Gronia
2 Blonias
7(?!!!) Typhons
3 Urds
2 Tsubakis

............ /dead

>I dont know what is more shocking - the amount of pulls or that you didnt get Rodin during 4x GFE or Leilan during Fire Gala....just crazy.
To think that i used to be mad for not getting D.Kali when i pulled like 3 times lol.

J0dy77

Welp, that takes away all my worries about evolving monsters.

Yeah, pretty much. He got a lot stronger from this very minimal change. I'll have to review all of the Evo's I was holding off on for fear of breaking up god status. Susano is going to be a major upgrade for the teams viability.

Quantum

1 Kanna
1 DKali
1 Ilm
1 Blodin
1 Gronia
2 Blonias
7(?!!!) Typhons
3 Urds
2 Tsubakis

- congratulations on getting a raise!

- RNG is a bitch. (I've seen both sides in this game 3 pii's in an hour, 0/25 and counting on ares skill ups)

Top Bottom