• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Nice man. She still serves as a decent full board changer and a stat stick for fire or devil based teams.

Anyway if you guys interested in statistics, I did 256 rolls yesterday for a Rodin and several Leilans hopefully for the Ilm system (bought 10 packs initially cuz found out I got a $600 raise). More than 1/3 are GFEs on average it seems. I have more than enough MP to buy all 5 MP dragons......

Here are the GFEs results:
1 Kanna
1 DKali
1 Ilm
1 Blodin
1 Gronia
2 Blonias
7(?!!!) Typhons
>5 each: Gadius, Zuoh, Ronia, Godin, Satsuki, Verdandi, Lmeta, Sumire
3 Urds
2 Tsubakis

Several copies of the full pantheon of Sengoku and Greco-Roman...
countless trash mobs from fire gala...

In the end, I still don't have a Rodin nor Leilan...
*Has flashback of pulling for DMeta*

Jonsoncao

Banned
*Has flashback of pulling for DMeta*

Well man. Maybe this is an acnedotal evidence that newer cards will eventually trump old cards as the meta shifted to another direction, and all the pulls are irrelevant at some point.

Man, I need so many Dub-mythlits. Is there a better source than Friday dungeon now?

Somehow I think if you need to skill-up DKali/LKali/Zuoh/Ilm/Kanna/Satsuki at some point, Friday mythical is the best place to get dozens of Dub-Mythlits stamina cost-wise.

yami4ct

Finally beat Challenge 7 after way too many tries. Urd/A. Shiva saves the day again. I just have to realize that I can't run Sopdet dungeons with A. Ra. Way too unstable. I have a breathing room of maybe 2 combos before I do too much damage and skyfall gets me every time.

oof, stoned for stamina and tried to do Friday Mythical with A.Ra + A.Shiva without any Ra friends available and screwed up bad

Annoying when I screw myself up in making combos

Jonsoncao

Banned
Finally beat Challenge 7 after way too many tries. Urd/A. Shiva saves the day again. I just have to realize that I can't run Sopdet dungeons with A. Ra. Way too unstable. I have a breathing room of maybe 2 combos before I do too much damage and skyfall gets me every time.

For A.Shiva and C7, you can try combo only on half of the board, with the other half in triangular cascading shape like:

D
RD
ORD
XOR
XXO

The skyfall chances are very low with this configure on half board.

oof, stoned for stamina and tried to do Friday Mythical with A.Ra + A.Shiva without any Ra friends available and screwed up bad

Annoying when I screw myself up in making combos

Annoying indeed, but practice makes perfect! Go to Extreme endless everyday and practice, you will find your combo skills improving a lot after months.

razterik

all the game is irrelevant at some point.

Fixed, heh. But I had the same experience pulling for Dark Tron and Ronia back in the day. If you consider the opportunity cost of most rare pulls, they're certainly not worth chasing and you'd probably be better served using stones to develop slightly less powerful teams that might have to stone to continue on occasion. But if I approached the game with a logical strategy and didn't derive a perverse pleasure from pulling for new toys, I would have quit long ago, haha.

Somehow I think if you need to skill-up DKali/LKali/Zuoh/Ilm/Kanna/Satsuki at some point, Friday mythical is the best place to get dozens of Dub-Mythlits stamina cost-wise.

Small note here: Zuoh is now green masks and never switches back to Devilits. Ilm is Queen Gold Dragons, those don't rotate in my experience.

News from JP is that Pirate and Mystic dragons are going to be permanent tech dungeons. If you haven't finished them in NA coin dungeons, try to get them done in the next cycle or two. Sadly I didn't know this ahead of time and lost my chance for seven or so free JP stones last cycle.

I wish gungho would update the mail system to let you know what is inside. I'm dreading trying to find the jewels I need for some uvos.

Epic Drop

Goodness my lkali just doesn't want to skill up. 0/30 after spending most of the day farming for skill ups.

Pulled Mori in the last godfest, which made me pull the trigger on my first (and likely only) MP dragon : Neptune dragon. I've got some great cards to support the team, and now I'm just trying to decide if I should feed my currently useless +297 bsonia for the + eggs...

razterik

Plus eggs are cheap now, even more so when 10x Descend shows. Not worth. Besides, she's still a good NepDrag sub since she doesn't have much RCV to boost anyway and can be used to unbind Gods.

Wish I'd pulled a Mori or two, can't justify going for NepDrag without him despite my significant blue investment.

Saw the tv commercial... Is this how age of war and clash of clans fans feel?

GF results:

Uriel
Pheonix rider
Kano (5* sold for scrap)
Mistrain (4* but new)
Akechi mitsuhide
Scarlet dragon caller, Tsubaki
Ivory dragon (4* trash)
Kurone (4* trash)

Epic Drop

Yeah, you are probably right. Bsonia has just been collecting dust in my box for months now, and going by gung hos record, they'll never buff her back into relevance. Plus I have awoken isis for bind clear. But I know you are right... Stupid to feed off a six star godfest exclusive

linsivvi

Now this is what I call an event.

■① Daily Login Bonuses
10/5 - 10/18 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Burning Horizons
The Ultimate Rushes are back and they are bringing the fire! Spirit Jewels will also be returning as rare invades! See our note for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

10/5 - 10/6 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
10/8 - 10/9 - Ultimate Yamato Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
10/11 - 10/12 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
10/14 - 10/15 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
10/17 - 10/18 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■③ Grateful Celebration
Somebody bring the confetti! Light the cracklers! This rotation of new dungeons knows the meaning of festive!

10/6 - 10/8 - Arboreal Encounter
10/11 - 10/13 - Blue Sprite
10/16 - 10/18 - Scarlet Snake Princess
10/5 - 10/11 - Devil Challenge!
10/9 - 10/18 - Challenge Dungeons!

■④ The Fruits of Labor
These gift dungeons have arrived to support you through your adventures!

10/5 - 10/14 - Gift from the Heavenly Garden
10/15 - 10/18 - Gift from the Holy Beast

■⑤ Special Event Content
The powerful dominion over nature and earth itself!

10/9 - 10/11 - ????????????

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels Invade from 10/5 through 10/18!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
10/5 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
10/5 - Hera-Is Descended!
10/6 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
10/7 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
10/8 - Athena Descended!
10/9 - The Thief Descended!
10/10 - Medjedra Descended!
10/11 - Grimoires Descended!
10/12 - Sandalphon Descended!
10/12 - Tengu!!!
10/13 - Noah Descended!
10/14 - Sphinx Descended!
10/15 - Cauchemar Descended!
10/16 - Izanami Descended!
10/16 - Draggie!
10/17 - Zeus Vulcan Descended!
10/17 - Dark Knight!
10/18 - Hera-Is Descended!
10/18 - Gaia Descended!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
Rare Evo
10/5 - 10/11 - Rare Evo Materials may appear
10/12 - 10/18 - King Metal/Jewel Dragons may appear
10/12 - 10/18 - Enhance Material Carnival

Dungeon Bonus:
1.5x EXP Gain in Normal Dungeons at Various Timings
Chance for TAMADRA to appear in Castle of Satan and Castle of Satan in the Abyss
3x chance for +Eggs to appear in Normal Dungeons [begins at 10/5 (Mon), 12PM PDT, extends until 10/19 (Mon), 12:00 PM PDT]

Fusion Bonus:
2.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2.5x Skill Up rate

Kyuur

Wow, another event so soon? Not that I'm complaining, looks like another 3 free rolls on next GF with those stones. 3x normals, a chance for me to get Strawberry Dragon for Gadius to replace my Belial, Medjedra for Awoken Isis. Good stuff!

I have no idea who that descended is supposed to be; Nordis is next to the lineup but the description sounds like Jord who only came out in JP like last month so ???

razterik

Probably is Jord since they appear to be accelerating the MP dragons to two week schedule after Shiva was up for a month. Jord is required for Odin Dragon uevo.

Not surprised at the extended event, we are getting pulled along with JP's schedule again. Saddened at the continuing lack of Ilya/Grizal invades. And no real PAL bonus until the 12th.

Nice for free stones and to launch right into evo mat skill ups after the switch.

Wonder if we are going to see a "special" Godfest as well.

hermit7

Thus next event is going to be pretty good I think. I am hoping I will be able to finish the devil descended. I think I will be able too and then it's grinding plus eggs for hino.

Have all the mats for susano when he comes around, he will not be levelled but will get all my green exp, and piis next I think. Should be an all star with Bastet for those big preemptives and 2 skill boosts.

The releases have been quite good recently. Aside from some sticking points, awoken gods and uevos have gotten here really fast. Excited to get Artemis soon too.

mike23

Alright how many of you kids are gonna be running Ra Dragon?

My body is ready. All max skilled. Just need some exp.

JNrfMg5.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Based Super Kings - went 3/4 on my Apollo skill ups and got "SUPER" - that felt good xD
3 Sakuya subs max skilled for now.

In Bad news....Persephone still needs like 3 skills ups but is already max lvl :-/
Will have to skill her up the old fashioned way because i dont wanna waste the exp.
Appreciate it, I got him.

Seeing your Vishnu in action made me realize how poverty status mine is. I should just suck it up and max skill him.
Cool,
yeah especially for your Bastet team you wanna have him skilled up as much as possible.
Now this is what I call an event.
Great event upcoming, probably the best i have witnessed so far.

I was already happy that Devil would skill up Satsuki - but all that during 2.5x skill up again ? Perfect. Arboreal Encounter will help me skill up Sasuke and Blue Sprite my 2nd Vishnu.

Still nothing on Desc Carnival though...i need Tengu(s), dont wanna stone for his shitty dungeon -.-

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Heh yeah...i wrote Vishnu but meant Bei.
Just like in my Bastet team...Vishnu is replacing Liu Bei everytime he has a chance lol.

PS: Can someone put up a skilled Sarasvati for a bit ?

jay23

TFW you roll cao cao but his skill up dungeon was just here a month ago. Luckily I got 2 skill ups from the mini versions I had sitting in my box.

Kyuur

Does anyone else feel like orb enhancers are criminally underrated? Comparing the damage between a natural and orb-changed board, my Vishnu deals almost double damage with the enhanced orbs! Maybe Zhao Yun wouldn't be so bad on my team if he was maxed skilled.

Thanks but someone else on my friend's list put it up. Got to the second room full of masks and got destroyed. I guess I'm still not strong enough. :|

Did you get a Mystic Mask on the second floor? That is basically the worst thing that can happen with an Odin/Resolve team, since it attacks every turn unless you are working with enough autoheal. Other then that you just need to consistently match enough and take out enemies that are attacking on the same turn, since you can only take one hit at a time using the Odin/Resolve strategy.

Having monsters with a sub element helps too, since you hit for twice as much damage that way, but its definitely doable with nothing but dragon seeds as subs.

Did you get a Mystic Mask on the second floor? That is basically the worst thing that can happen with an Odin/Resolve team, since it attacks every turn unless you are working with enough autoheal. Other then that you just need to consistently match enough and take out enemies that are attacking on the same turn, since you can only take one hit at a time using the Odin/Resolve strategy.

Having monsters with a sub element helps too, since you hit for twice as much damage that way, but its definitely doable with nothing but dragon seeds as subs.

Yeah, I believe there was four masks and three of them had the strong balloon over them when I started. I'm not great at doing a lot of combos at once yet so I got steamrolled. I don't really know what I should be throwing out there. I'm basically using my normal team + Odin. I should put up my monster box and have you guys construct a team I could use to beat this.

coy

Wow at this next event. Perhaps the godfest is something special like a triple pantheon. I'm mainly happy for all the daily bonuses applied.

Now that I have Kagutsuchi, I can farm at a quicker rate. I'd like to get Yomi's team ready so I'm looking to +egg the 2 Haku I have. For another Yomi sub (excluding Z8), who would make the best choice between D/B Okuni, A.Anubis, or D/G Persephone?

Yeah, I believe there was four masks and three of them had the strong balloon over them when I started. I'm not great at doing a lot of combos at once yet so I got steamrolled. I don't really know what I should be throwing out there. I'm basically using my normal team + Odin. I should put up my monster box and have you guys construct a team I could use to beat this.

If you haven't already, manually target masks that are on the same countdown so you don't get hit by multiple on the same turn.

One other strategy which I personally prefer is to lead with a 2xHP 2xRCV monster like the fruit dragons, which with the right team will give you a functionally 75% damage reduction against everything.

Any tips on challenge 9 with either shiva, verdandi, Ronia, or Kirin? I've been trying for a week on natural stamina with a shiva team and I've gotten so close, just not close enough.

Getting dark scales each time I get to zaerog doesn't help either...

hermit7

Any tips on challenge 9 with either shiva, verdandi, Ronia, or Kirin? I've been trying for a week on natural stamina with a shiva team and I've gotten so close, just not close enough.

Getting dark scales each time I get to zaerog doesn't help either...

What's your Shiva team?

I beat it with shiva/hino/urd/urd/caocao/shiva.

Maybe 750+ eggs total. I posted my method when I beat it.

What's your Shiva team?

I beat it with shiva/hino/urd/urd/caocao/shiva.

Maybe 750+ eggs total. I posted my method when I beat it.

Shiva/hino/caocao/A.Ra/ ronia/ a Shiva

All max skilled except Ronia who is at the old max skill level (15 instead of 13). About 700 plus eggs. A. Ra is there for fat metal, Ronia is there for the final board change.

My biggest problem is with Joan of arc, and then unlucky at zaerog in dark scales. Joan's no flammables ruins runs.

razterik

Shift Ronia left next to Kagutsuchi. Team order matters when facing color absorb. Drop A.Ra for almost any other red card, maybe a short countdown orb change like Minerva. A Shiva active or Kagu with TPAs is more than enough against fat metal. Use Cao Cao against Joan if you aren't confident you can take her down. You can stall and try to get her to make a bunch of red for you, but there's skyfall danger. Using Ronia or Kagu against Zaerog as final burst is very dangerous if he absorbs dark. I like Minerva to reduce the chance he gets to absorb. Otherwise a delay like Echidna would work to give you extra chances to finish him.

I forgot to mention, but Yamato is also a good choice. If you really want to use Ronia, he combos with her for a red/heart board that can kill Zaerog as long as there's no dark skyfall matches. I used to do that a lot in JP before I built up A.Leilan. Usually I would do a light combo first and take his 99% gravity hit. Then the red/heart board with Shiva enhance. If I got a bad setup or dark skyfall, I would have healed up for his 19k bind attack and could try again to finish him off before Black Disaster oneshot my team.

Top Bottom