• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Okamid3n

One A.Leilan done, one more to go. I will make this Tsubaki team and I will probably never use it. But I love her art.

......I hate that Tsubaki needs red fruits too. I have 4 cards that need red fruits and 0 cards for the other fruits.

Shift Ronia left next to Kagutsuchi. Team order matters when facing color absorb. Drop A.Ra for almost any other red card, maybe a short countdown orb change like Minerva. A Shiva active or Kagu with TPAs is more than enough against fat metal. Use Cao Cao against Joan if you aren't confident you can take her down. You can stall and try to get her to make a bunch of red for you, but there's skyfall danger. Using Ronia or Kagu against Zaerog as final burst is very dangerous if he absorbs dark. I like Minerva to reduce the chance he gets to absorb. Otherwise a delay like Echidna would work to give you extra chances to finish him.

I forgot to mention, but Yamato is also a good choice. If you really want to use Ronia, he combos with her for a red/heart board that can kill Zaerog as long as there's no dark skyfall matches. I used to do that a lot in JP before I built up A.Leilan. Usually I would do a light combo first and take his 99% gravity hit. Then the red/heart board with Shiva enhance. If I got a bad setup or dark skyfall, I would have healed up for his 19k bind attack and could try again to finish him off before Black Disaster oneshot my team.

No Yamato, BUT subbing in awoken Minerva for Ra did the trick. That extra orb change, and a lucky stall for red orbs on Joan did it.

smbu2000

Well I tried out Zeus and Hera for the first time since it's in the new Descend Challenge and...

IMG_5091zeushera_zps0n8wbt1g.jpg

Cleared it my first try. Thank you for the flampy. (also cleared Deus Ex again for the bubpy)

There are so many to try in the new one. At least I have a chance of getting quite a few latent awakenings.

I just wish that they didn't put the Noel reward for clearing the low cost Tengu descend. Maybe I should devolve my Bronze Saint, Ikki as he is a fire card and gives me 4x attack at max HP and he has a cost of 12.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont have any of the fancy dark Boardchangers like Haku for A.Yomi once she arrives, but i might be able to use Ishida Mitsunari i pulled last GF.

He is W/D, so not optimal and only 2 of his Awakenings are useful...but his active seems quite good -- > Wood / Dark / Heart. The higher CD at 18 turn sucks, but maybe we will get skill up material for him down the line.

Other option for me would be Lumiel...unbindable, OE and +skill ...so not the worst Awakenings, even though they are lacking. Are the Angels 2.0 getting Uevos soon ? Her active converts the board into Fire /Water / Wood / Dark - less favorable than Ishidas board but it would be more flexible to use together with other Orbchanger like Satsuki or Anubis to fix the board.

Lower CD as well, especially if we ever get her skill up monster.

PS: For the last couple months i have fed Izanagi like 10 Fat Metal Kings...yet to get a single skill up. Which is funny since i dont really care about the card but need the space in my box.
Present egg resets today later on. Anyone want to exchange?

Does every player get to gift a new present egg ? If so ...yeah im in xD
Well I tried out Zeus and Hera for the first time since it's in the new Descend Challenge and...

Cleared it my first try. Thank you for the flampy. (also cleared Deus Ex again for the bubpy)

There are so many to try in the new one. At least I have a chance of getting quite a few latent awakenings.

I just wish that they didn't put the Noel reward for clearing the low cost Tengu descend. Maybe I should devolve my Bronze Saint, Ikki as he is a fire card and gives me 4x attack at max HP and he has a cost of 12.
Congrats on the clear !!
Thats a fine team...i think its the first time you used LMeta on your Kite squad.

Oh they start putting low cost dungeons in Desc, Challenges ? Urgh....

Looking forward to 2 weeks of 3x normals. Hopefully I can finish off DKali and start on my next target.

I have no idea who to focus on next. I prefer the maximum utility route vs hypermaxing a single team, but no one monster is jumping out at me. Phoenix rider or Cao Cao would give my fire teams a nice boost and both are situational subs on my SS Isis team, so I may take that route.

Disappointed that Zaerog8 isn't gonna be back this event. I was hoping he'd be back this coming weekend, but it looks like it will be quite a while before I can finish skilling him up.

jay23

I'm down to trade with someone after the reset

11 runs of together at last evo rush and not one keeper of flame how is this possible. It's the only one I need so of course I don't get it.

I'm down to trade with someone after the reset

11 runs of together at last evo rush and not one keeper of flame how is this possible. It's the only one I need so of course I don't get it.
Evo Rush is a scam. Just do Scarlet Stone Dragon in techs. Not a guaranteed drop on non-Mondays but still better rates than Evo Rush.

jay23

Evo Rush is a scam. Just do Scarlet Stone Dragon in techs. Not a guaranteed drop on non-Mondays but still better rates than Evo Rush.

Thanks got the 2 I needed on my first 2 runs.

Time to decide who to sub out for cao cao on my Shiva team.

Ronia or Phoenix Rider, Ronia is the obvious choice right?

hermit7

Thanks got the 2 I needed on my first 2 runs.

Time to decide who to sub out for cao cao on my Shiva team.

Ronia or Phoenix Rider, Ronia is the obvious choice right?

Yeah that's who I would cut. What is your team? Do you have board changers already?

razterik

Evo Rush is amazing on coin dungeon 2x bonus. Everything drops and it's very low stamina for what you get.

It's horrible without the bonus. NA version, etc.

JP Challenge 20 stage 10 3-stone clear. Wouldn't normally bother, but wanted that light pii for Ilya. Everything went smoothly at first, but Vishnu is a huge dick in 7x6. Skyfall absorb heal everywhere. Was on his floor for 8 turns, which is an eternity at this level play. Got blinded with a no-light-orb board, used last Light Kali only to end up with five extra skyfalls. That cost me one stone before I could finish him off. Only had Dark Izanami left on Shiva, so I couldn't power through and had to stall a little. One stone being unable to outheal his poison, and another for just barely failing to kill him with 81x and a single light combo.

Team was roughly 4 +297s. A.Sakuya eats these 7x6 boards alive as long as there isn't damage absorbs.

hermit7

Current sub's are
hino/ronia/phoenix rider/chiyome

So I'll be without a full board changer

It is hard to say then.

Phoenix rider provides higher damage with higher rates of orb troll potential but is more stable with the damage reduction.

Ronia prevents some of those issues and allows for full board change for burst. But she has no tpa and lots of her awakenings are not utilized.

razterik

Drop Chiyome or Kagutsuchi, whichever is less invested in or you feel more comfortable with. You want Cao Cao for the delay and the extra skill bind resist, which you really need to find one more for 100%.

New JP Descended Challenge list for easy reference. Reward on far right, jewel invade next to it. So much to do and they only gave us 7 days this time.

Negator

I did the thing. My first hypermax! Who next is the question. It's between Liu Bei, Vishnu, and Verdandi.

Oh, and would anyone like to swap present eggs as well?

5WhwUgEl.jpeg

Really wish I had gotten Gilgamesh during the FF event. I don't see any way I'm going to be able to beat Tengu. Though I still have 3 blue snowglobes and nothing to use them on, so I guess I'm not missing too much.

hermit7

I did the thing. My first hypermax! Who next is the question. It's between Liu Bei, Vishnu, and Verdandi.

http://www.imgur.com/5WhwUgEl.jpeg[img][/QUOTE]

I would go with vishnu. With the 3 tpa the damage will outclass everyone else.

Verd is a decent option as well if you want to use her as a farming lead.

After going 1/30 in ATK TAMAs on Zeus Dios, I went 4/80 farming Zombie Dragon. My Zombie invades were on 4, 15, 58, and 80th runs. 5500 stam for 50K MP worth of latents, or roughly 18 stones with my 300 stamina bar. If I hold all the boss drops until we get 10x MP sell rate, that's enough MP for another stat latent. Is it worth it? Of course not. It's only an extra 1% ATK per latent. Even on a max lvl Rodin that's only 107 ATK or 21 +eggs.

Looking at HP latents, even if I fully decked out my hypermaxed Ra team with them, I still couldn't survive a DQ Hera preemptive. Pretty pathetic.

I see why many only see the resists as being worth it. The rest are so negligible for their costs. But I guess that's the point of them. An additional carrot for the players who absolutely must min/max their monsters, especially now that +eggs are so easy to acquire.

I probably won't farm for latents anymore besides maybe the resist ones, unless it also happens to be 10x descend +eggs. Has JPN ever combined the 2?

Anyway, I badly need 10x MP sell rates. Have a few hundred descend drops cluttering my box now.

yami4ct

I really need to work on my JP teams. I still have yet to complete a descend and that's just not acceptable. I keep seeing challenge rewards pass me by because I haven't put enough into my stuff. Where do all the JP players here find JP friends? Part of my big problem is my JP friends list sucks.

Kyuur

This is a long shot, but does anyone have an un-evo'd max level Green Arrow from the collab I could use for Tengu? I'm looking to try using this team for Master difficulty at least. Alternatively an unevolved Delgado.

With upcoming 3x normals, I think I'm going to try and fully attack plus my Orochi. An extra 500 attack is going to go a loooong way on quad TPA.

razterik

I probably won't farm for latents anymore besides maybe the resist ones, unless it also happens to be 10x descend +eggs. Has JPN ever combined the 2?

Anyway, I badly need 10x MP sell rates. Have a few hundred descend drops cluttering my box now.

Normal event invades have only been combined with 5x descend rates so far. Those are nowhere near as good as 10x, but decent enough for farming something else.

I do believe that 10x has been active when color resist invades appeared in 5x4 versions of descends in coin dungeons. Definitely worth farming those if you have a team to handle them. Of course, NA is so ridiculously far behind on coin dungeon changes that there's no telling how far out those could be.

10x MP sell rate has happened just once in JP. I'm not very hopeful that it will appear soon or at all in NA.

I really need to work on my JP teams. I still have yet to compete a descend and that's just not acceptable. I keep seeing challenge rewards pass me by because I haven't put enough into the stuff. Where to all the JP players here find JP friends? Part of my big problem is my JP friends list sucks.

I use Luidas' Inn; there's another Chinese site that's also commonly used but I forgot the name of it.

Negator

This is a long shot, but does anyone have an un-evo'd max level Green Arrow from the collab I could use for Tengu?Alternatively an unevolved Delgado.

I can put up my Delgado on Tengu day, I just need to level him up.

I would go with vishnu. With the 3 tpa the damage will outclass everyone else.

Verd is a decent option as well if you want to use her as a farming lead.

I think I will be doing Verdandi next, in celebration of her new Uevo. Since she works as a leader and a sub I figure that would be best.

I can put up my Delgado on Tengu day, I just need to level him up.

I think I will be doing Verdandi next, in celebration of her new Uevo. Since she works as a leader and a sub I figure that would be best.

You on my friends list? I use Verdandi and A Parvati. Saving stones for Bastet again.

Normal event invades have only been combined with 5x descend rates so far. Those are nowhere near as good as 10x, but decent enough for farming something else.

I do believe that 10x has been active when color resist invades appeared in 5x4 versions of descends in coin dungeons. Definitely worth farming those if you have a team to handle them. Of course, NA is so ridiculously far behind on coin dungeon changes that there's no telling how far out those could be.

10x MP sell rate has happened just once in JP. I'm not very hopeful that it will appear soon or at all in NA.
Thanks for the info. Ugh at low possibility of 10x MP anytime soon. Will probably just have to start selling/feeding some off as space is needed.

Rixa

Since my alt (EU) cant do Wednesday Legend, happy to get these masks from 10 pulls.
Also I (alt) been playing lately quite much with Verdandi cause I didnt have good enough units for U&Y. Now its somewhat working team thus I can fumble more with my fingers.

EU got Gift of the lifetime dungeon (200k rank exp) today after maintenance. Also 1.5x exp event started today, so EU comes littlebit different schedule than NA server.

Any other EU pad players here that Iam not friend yet?

cw_sasuke

5WhwUgEl.jpeg

Congrats !!

Great to have a Hypermaxed A.Bastet Best Friend...my first.
This is a long shot, but does anyone have an un-evo'd max level Green Arrow from the collab I could use for Tengu? I'm looking to try using this team for Master difficulty at least. Alternatively an unevolved Delgado.

With upcoming 3x normals, I think I'm going to try and fully attack plus my Orochi. An extra 500 attack is going to go a loooong way on quad TPA.

Dont have Green Arrow but i also will have to come up with a Squad for Tengu...i hope a couple of Gaffers will have low-cost leaders available.

I think i might use GYP or Chester....but Darkseid from the DC Dungeon seems to be quite good as well, but im missing his subs.

smbu2000

Another first time clear. Indigo!

Didn't take a screenshot as I didn't think I'd take out most of her almost 10 million HP in that one shot. I couldn't do my usual pattern of Kite->Vegeta->Yomi as I had to use both my Kite skills to make sure I could survive until I could get rid of those locked jammers/poison orbs that she made until I could get my Vegito back up. She also made more unlocked ones after as well. The 7x6 board helps as well.

Cleared Aegir again for another resist latent tama. I need two more to get all of the resist awakenings that are available. I was considering giving them to Kite, but since I already gave him all extra time extends, I think I'll give them to Levi instead so they don't go to waste. Only 1% damage reduction each, but it will stop any insta-death skills. (100% damage)

On my iPad, Vishnu is really killing me... I've been running the insect dragon dungeon quite a bit since the weekend and I'm currently 2/25 with him. Four times I've given him 5 skill up monsters and I've gotten nothing. 2.5x skill ups... ;_;

Congrats on the clear !!
Thats a fine team...i think its the first time you used LMeta on your Kite squad.

Oh they start putting low cost dungeons in Desc, Challenges ? Urgh....
Well I switch between her and Trunks depending on what I need. LMeta gives me a nice RCV boost as well as bind protection with her skill and an emergency almost 7k heal when I need it. Helped me out when I didn't get any heart drops and needed to survive the preemptive attack on stage 2 during Sonia Gran. (First stage boss hit me with 99% attack.)

Well it's the first time there has been a low cost dungeon in the Desc. Challenge I believe. This one has so many in it though, which is probably why they had to dig further than before to fill out the list. I just wish that the reward was something different for that one as I'd really like the Noel, but I don't want to do that dungeon.

cw_sasuke

Was able to clear my box from these 3 Evo Materials and max skill 3 units. Hope it will be easier to trick the Desire sensor now with an emptier box.

Satsuki
Max skilled 5/30

Sumire
Max Skilled 5/20

LMeta
My final 2 skill ups i needed - 2/10
Well it's the first time there has been a low cost dungeon in the Desc. Challenge I believe. This one has so many in it though, which is probably why they had to dig further than before to fill out the list. I just wish that the reward was something different for that one as I'd really like the Noel, but I don't want to do that dungeon.
Yeah some of these low cost dungeons are the worst - but seeing that Challenges will include them in the future i should better come up with some team that can handle at least a couple of them.

I really need to work on my JP teams. I still have yet to complete a descend and that's just not acceptable. I keep seeing challenge rewards pass me by because I haven't put enough into my stuff. Where do all the JP players here find JP friends? Part of my big problem is my JP friends list sucks.
In addition to the site Cosmo gave, there's the JP section in PadGuide, pazudora-friend.com, and pad.skyozora.com.

Rixa

I think this is my first 1* unit that I cant evolve and I will favourite it that I wont accidentally sell / merge it.

To use Flampy or not. Maybe at somepoint when I use unit that leader skill activates from skill use.

cw_sasuke

Also ready to trade presents - anyone interested ?
I think this is my first 1* unit that I cant evolve and I will favourite it that I wont accidentally sell / merge it.

To use Flampy or not. Maybe at somepoint when I use unit that leader skill activates from skill use.

94 fire damage on all enemies ...that active is quite powerful - dont sell him short l xD

cw_sasuke

Ultimate Dragon Rush is active right now....since is still need 3 versions of the boss to evolve Z8 at some point. Whats the drop rate like at the final stage ? I know its not 100%...but more like 50% or 10% ? Or better said, just stamina wise...is this the best spot to get Zaerog drops?

I sent mine. I got a dark snow globe and a Tyrra bean.
Thanks - i got a brachys and a green snow globe.

Green Gods still on my side (lol).
Well maybe its better than getting one of those Lil dragons. Ofc we all want Snow Globes but blah :(.

Heh true...actually this is the first time i got a Snowglobe from the present feature - probably the reason why i never really cared about it before.

linsivvi

Ultimate Dragon Rush is active right now....since is still need 3 versions of the boss to evolve Z8 at some point. Whats the drop rate like at the final stage ? I know its not 100%...but more like 50% or 10% ? Or better said, just stamina wise...is this the best spot to get Zaerog drops?

Thanks - i got a brachys and a green snow globe.

Green Gods still on my side (lol).

Heh true...actually this is the first time i got a Snowglobe from the present feature - probably the reason why i never really cared about it before.
Should be 50%. You either get coins or the drop. Yes this is the best spot. You save lots of mets from evolving the first form.

Any one want to exchange gifts? Kwhit@gaf 344,231,384
Me me me.
Sent you a friend request. 373,251,223

Top Bottom