• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

tl;dr
Holy shit my pulls \o/.

10/12 Gold eggs, this is what it should be all the time! Can I have GAFer opinions of these, cause most of them are new to me. My thoughts below pics.
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-08-28.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-08-49.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-09-09.png

Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-09-29.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-09-50.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-10-18.png

Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-10-50.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-11-09.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-11-29.png

Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-11-51.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-12-25.png
Screenshot_2015-09-30-10-12-47.png

1. Gadius, wow just wow. I know this should be good leader, I just dont know how to use it (yet) :)
2. Dark God, thank you, good sub?
3. Muse (dupe), does 2 work in same team? Good card anyways
4. GD Avalon Drake (dupe), does 2 work in same team? Good card anyways (hey its 6*)
5. Ivory Dragon 3k mp right?
6. Swoop-Winged CyberBeast, Phact. I was wtf is this, then checked padx 2 TPA, 100% self bind resist, wood orb generator -> replace Chu Chu in my woodie team right?
7. Haku, great pull!
8. Ars Nova, devil that is sub to some teams and can lead others. I have some L/R cards maybe I can do something with them in the future.
9. Ares, fire sub when uevod to F/L?
10. D.Swordsman, didnt have this earlier so its ok silver pull.
11. Tsubaki, another F/L sub.
12. Shaitan, I have 1x4* and 2x5* versions, its prolly time to sell that 4* right?

These 12 pulls gave so much possibilities to make Fire / Fire & Light team.

Azusa

tl;dr
Holy shit my pulls \o/.
I only see Ares, Haku, Tsubaki and Persephone. Other rolls are trash tier.

My 6 rolls:

Blodin, (OK)
Famiel,
Lu Bu, (Nice one!)
Sylph,
Liu Bei, (OMG OMG my next team will be green for sure)
Dragonette.

Illucio

Banned
The Gold rate is like 95% probably the best Godfest I rolled since Player's Choice:

2 Light Kali's (I already had like 3, sold without a second thought.)
Maeda Keiji (Cool, he's new. I don't need him though.)
Susano (A 2nd one. Not bad, do I really need 2? I'll keep him just in case I think of something in the future, it's not bad having 2 of the same gods.)
Apollo (I accidentally my dupe of him, with his new evolution and future Awoken he's worth keeping.)
Set (My first Set, new ult coming. 3 prongs, No use for him yet, maybe future evolutions.)
Mori Motonari (1 of the 3 of the new Samurai gods that I really wanted, man I'd take this guy over Skuld any day.)
Black Beast Demon, Zuoh (EH. First one ever, no use for now.)
Akechi Mitsuhide (<3 2 of the 3 Samurai gods, and last one. I never got my Fire Samurai dude.)
Yamato (Cool, I mean I rolled him last Japan fest. It's nice having 2 though, it works out though. Could throw him in Shiva team, or even just wait for more evolution's in the future as well.)
Sun Quan (TIMES FREAKIN' 2! Holy crap, I've been trying to roll him since I started playing. I rolled him back to back, I'm ecstatic because 2 of him is the perfect amount as well! He is literally my favorite male card. Husbando all the way.)
Krishna (I wanted him a while ago, decent monster all around. I could use him as a sub if I feel like it, or wait for more ult's. )

Oh and 2 cyber beasts and a cyber dragon.

Seriously if you've ever been on the fence for rolling for any Godfest, let this be THE GODFEST. Seriously it's like a 95% gold rate, you won't be disappointed.

J0dy77

What the heck is this bs! I feel like I'm rolling in the REM from two years ago :

VVfv7Ial.jpg

I should have known better. 4 times zero is still zero.

smbu2000

Well since I didn't end up using all of my stones on the AoT collab REM (as I quit after getting Levi) I rolled in the GF.

iPhone: Lu Bu and Loki (not bad)
iPad: Lu Bu (I wanted him a lot before, but he never showed up. Now I'm like ok...)

Also started playing the AoT collab dungeon and it doesn't seem to difficult, especially with only 3 battles. My Kite team makes short work of the dungeon. Also got this unexpectedly:

Still need that last badpy for Yomi.

Thank you for the tamadra. Still need to run it a lot as I've only picked up one Levi skill up card out of like 10 runs. At least his skill up card drops on the boss, so I'm guaranteed to get something playing on Mythical.

Heh man this is too funny...i knew when they unveiled the AoT cards and Levy be one of them that i will sooner or later read a post from you about how you just pulled him. Congrats xD

You are a cruel reminder of all those great collaborations we will never get :-D
Getting him with only 3 pulls is amazing though especially since he has a place in multiple of your teams.
Well I was kind of debating with myself on whether to pull or not. I did really want Levi and I was very happy to get him on my 3rd pull at it. I'm not trying for the others though.

Definitely a great sub to have for me. I can probably use him as a leader as well since I have a lot of Attackers. Sub is guaranteed though.

I don't really think you need Baggi for Neptune Dragon. All of the teams that I've seen with him don't use Baggi at all.

Rixa

I only see Ares, Haku, Tsubaki and Persephone. Other rolls are trash tier.

My 6 rolls:

Blodin, (OK)
Famiel,
Lu Bu, (Nice one!)
Sylph,
Liu Bei, (OMG OMG my next team will be green for sure)
Dragonette.

Heh and I was thinking most of my pulls are nice rolls.

Illucio

Banned
Two pulls so far

Dino Rider
Ares

trying to scrounge up stones for a 3rd

e: Laila

gogo Fire Galaaaaaa

The Fire Gala has been strong, but it seems like the payout has been mostly the rarer gods like Ares. It seems like the 4x effects the Gala rare gods as well. :/

Nohar

8 pulls. I'm not really playing anymore, but I thought "Well, I may as well spend my stones":
  • Sun Quan (dupe). Well, I can have both Ultimate forms now. I have now idea if I can build something with them.
  • Laila (dupe)
  • Minerva (dupe...)
  • Krishna (why not)
  • Rosuel, Red Angel (no idea what she is worth)
  • Alfecca (... what is that?!)
  • Ishida Mitsunari (nice, but he only has rows, no TPA, and greens don't have rows in general...).
  • Zuoh (hello there)

Jagernaut

4 pulls, all gold but not what I wanted:

1. Muse - ok
2. Strawberry Dragon - troll gold
2. Verdandi - dupe, don't know if I can use another, really wanted Urd
4. Set - dupe

Ducarmel

As a non iap player I should have known better to skip this godfest, Gungho knows everybody is going to chase subs for Sakuya!

jp pulls

vsnZHle.png

Verd is useful I can drop GZL from my Bastet team, if I need GZL i will replace Perseus.
Ilm is a dupe
Blodin is new slowly getting a decent amount of blue cards to at least look at building a team
Persophone would have been excited if i got her earlier when her split ultimate came out but Awoken Yomi pretty much replaced my use for her.
Pandora a dupe, I could build a decent Typhon team, but I got no time for that.
Green Cyberbeast his skill up card should come out soon if I can max skill him I will use him over Perseus.
Rest I will sell if i find no use for them

NA pulls
ppqgiZQ.png

Dupe Ama useless but will hold on.
Chiyome I have mini chiyome
Maeda Keiji not sure how to use him.
Sanada Yukimura his awakenings seem to clash with his leader skill. Can rows override fireworks like they override tpa.
Ishida Mitsunari might be a decent sub for my Bastet.
Gaduis I have some cards that i can build around him but not sure if its worth the time.
Typhon same i got a decent amount of cards to make something but not sure if its worth it in NA.
Rest are mp if I don't see any use for them.

8 Rolls today:

Ares, Ame, DQ&XQ #3, Kraken Rider and the rest were silver or "weapons". No Sanada or any GFE.

Will use the rest of my stones tomorrow.

Still looking for: Ares #2 and #3 and #4? Kagus, Rvalk, Rodins, Sanadas, Markabs and Satsukis.

Diodiablo

Banned
4 rolls, 3 dupes
Red Dragon Knight (new)
Snow White (dupe)
Arcline (dupe)
Ronia (4th).

I cannot be really sad about the fourth Ronia to be honest.

What could I do with 4 Ronias? Any suggestions beside a Ronia-Ronia-Lubu-Ronia-Ronia team?

Kyuur

tl;dr
Holy shit my pulls \o/.

Super jelly of that Phact. Definitely one of the best balanced green subs. Lots of good other stuff too!

Edit: Rolled, Uriel/Fuu. Uriel will add a good amount of power to my Gadius team, shaping up quite nicely now that I have him and Yamato! Too bad Fuu wasn't Mitsuki from the same series, would have been another great Gadius sub.

Maybe I'll scrounge up another 5 stones and try for Yukimura tomorrow. Gadius power!

bjork

Had enough to throw a few:

Kagutsuchi
Mitsuki
Archangel Metatron

and awhile ago I pulled once and got Flashing-Clawed CyberBeast, Leonis.

I have no idea if any of these are good. Kagutsuchi seems like Echidna without the delay special, but maybe it gets good in a later form or something?

[edit - put some money in and got a few more pulls
Fuu (fed it to my Light Courier Fuu)
Basilisk
Radious
Sea Serpent
Water Courier Ruka
Gryps Rider

Seems like I should make a healer team and see what I can do.]

Quantum

continuing my schizophrenic relationship with PAD I bought and rolled a pack - very surprising statistics as I know RNG is RNG.

as follows:

- L.Meta (GFE, I have a ton/dupe)
- Griffin rider (new)
- Chiome (dupe/fire gala)
- D.Kali (GFE, NEW! - makes all rolls following for fun)
- L.Meta (GFE - dupe)
- Tsubaki (GFE - new)
- Zuoh (GFE - second)
- Satsuki (GFE - new)
- Liu Bei (second - nice)
- DQXQ (third - no use)
- Salamander (first silver, troll fire gala)
- L.Meta (GFE - countless)
- Hours (dupe/fire gala)
- Set (new/Fire gala)
- Satsuki (GFE, 2nd in this rolling session)
- Snow White (second silver)
- Set (second this rollling/ fire gala)

47.0% of my rolls were GFE
11.7% silver troll (partial overlap with fire gala)
29.4% fire gala (partial overlap with troll)

Granted most of the L.Metas will be feeding the MP store, the pure % of GFE I rolled was statistically insane.

the problem still exists that while I spend with abandon on obtaining cards I generally don't spend on leveling them.

The D.Kali by far is my best roll and I think it is the lynch pin Ive been missing from a few teams.

Kyuur

Had enough to throw a few:

Kagutsuchi
Mitsuki
Archangel Metatron

and awhile ago I pulled once and got Flashing-Clawed CyberBeast, Leonis.

I have no idea if any of these are good. Kagutsuchi seems like Echidna without the delay special, but maybe it gets good in a later form or something?

Kagu is an end game fire sub due to his Two-Pronged Attack awakenings (he has 3 in his Awoken form). His active helps with clearing high-defense enemies as well.

Mitsuki is a decent Gadius sub if you have him: row, skill bind resist and heart maker. Metatron is a decent healer team lead or bind clearing sub (for Kirin in particular I think, although not needed with her new awoken form).

No idea on Leonis, not sure if light attackers are a thing yet and machines are generally still in short supply. Maybe a sub for Machine Golem's final ult if you want to put the effort in?

Azusa

What do you think about Dark and Light Metatron?

I have DMeta almost max plused in my box and don't know what to do with her. DMeta teams are in the past, I think, and as a sub she isnt that good.
I have used her sometimes in my Ra team but her skill is so situational so I don't know. She just a stat stub.

I think I can make a decent Yamato Takeru team now, looking over my box. I have R/G Cao Cao, Freyr, chibi Ronia, Awoken Hera-Ur, and now Ares, Uriel, Laila. Also collab orb changers like Mamiya and Misato.

Although I do need to focus more on a couple teams right now since I'm lacking skillups and plus eggs. (running mainly Beelz and Awoken Ra)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pitch Black Night Lilith or Moonbeam Fang Witch Lilith?

Icedragon Depth Plesios or Phantom Icedragon, Mirage Plesios?

Tentatively both are being used as Horus subs. Looking at the stats alone, I can't see why I'd pick Moonbeam or Depth but I dont know if I'm not considering some utility.

StMeph

Pulled with my banked stones, because why not. Seemed like a good time with the 4x, new exclusives, and a batch that I don't have any+much of.

- Typhon
- Maeda Keiji
- Wee Jas (green)
- Chester
- D. Meta
- Sanada Yukimura
- Yamato Takeru
- Nim
- Skuld

Pitch Black Night Lilith or Moonbeam Fang Witch Lilith?

Icedragon Depth Plesios or Phantom Icedragon, Mirage Plesios?

Tentatively both are being used as Horus subs. Looking at the stats alone, I can't see why I'd pick Moonbeam or Depth but I dont know if I'm not considering some utility.
D/L Lilith is strictly better in all ways except stat distribution, if you have light coverage on Horus already then I would probably consider D/D

The harder to make Plesios is better IIRC due to prongs

Ducarmel

What do you think about Dark and Light Metatron?

I have DMeta almost max plused in my box and don't know what to do with her. DMeta teams are in the past, I think, and as a sub she isnt that good.
I have used her sometimes in my Ra team but her skill is so situational so I don't know. She just a stat stub.

she is still good i guess the problem is there are better teams you can work on if you have them but she can still clear end game stuff

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=神罰の審理者・メタトロン+lv10

She got a couple of lv 10 clears and I see some rush clears in the search. I imagine others are doable with 1 or 2 stones. As usual it looks like you need the perfect team, but you need the perfect team and some luck with most lv 10 clears with top tier leaders..

StMeph

Is waiting for metal dragon time and farming that hour still the fastest avenue for XP, or is there something else outside of that?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like most of us got quite good pulls this GF - always great to see. I did only one pull and got Sasuke...lol. Non-Dupe and i wanted him for a long time, but now that i dont really play GZL anymore he isnt as important anymore...still great to have another 5 turn orb changer for my green teams.

Might pull once more tomorrow and hoping for a GFE.

Played around with my potential A. Sakuya team - gotta say hitting 7-8 combos with TPAs is easier than expected and you dont get orb trolled too often. As the pic shows Apollos active can be an overkill sometimes...but with that number of yellow orbs even if you only get 6-7 combos you should hit hard.

quickmemo_2015-09-30-h1zv4.png

Looking good. For 100% SBR i will have to drop Apollo for Invade Angel. Still a while until we get A.Sakuya but getting all the materials and skill up Kalis will take enough time.

I really hope we get Desc. Carnival for Tengu before A.Susano, Yomi and Orochi are released.
Well I was kind of debating with myself on whether to pull or not. I did really want Levi and I was very happy to get him on my 3rd pull at it. I'm not trying for the others though.

Definitely a great sub to have for me. I can probably use him as a leader as well since I have a lot of Attackers. Sub is guaranteed though.

I don't really think you need Baggi for Neptune Dragon. All of the teams that I've seen with him don't use Baggi at all.
True - i think Baggi and Trunks were the Top Tier subs that put A. Lakshmi over A. Parvati in JP - but for Neptune Dragon its all about Rows + Orbchangers iirc. If i had Skuld i probably could run a kickass Neptune team...but without her...well.
continuing my schizophrenic relationship with PAD I bought and rolled a pack - very surprising statistics as I know RNG is RNG.

as follows:
:eek:

Great Pulls and DKali the Godness - bravo.

Is waiting for metal dragon time and farming that hour still the fastest avenue for XP, or is there something else outside of that?
King Carnival, Super King Carnival, Extreme King Metal Dragon Descended are better in terms of overall EXP/stam I think but don't really give you control over color, so if you're trying to feed specific colors supers are still the best.

Rixa

Super jelly of that Phact. Definitely one of the best balanced green subs. Lots of good other stuff too!

Edit: Rolled, Uriel/Fuu. Uriel will add a good amount of power to my Gadius team, shaping up quite nicely now that I have him and Yamato! Too bad Fuu wasn't Mitsuki from the same series, would have been another great Gadius sub.

Maybe I'll scrounge up another 5 stones and try for Yukimura tomorrow. Gadius power!

Iam planning something around Gadius since I think I have nice subs for him. Ofc they are not awoken etc so it will be long project. This is just quick team edit and not optimal which I made earlier today and another pic: fire units I have inbox. Could switch Ronia to Mitsuki and got that Shiva too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Iam planning something around Gadius since I think I have nice subs for him. Ofc they are not awoken etc so it will be long project. This is just quick team edit and not optimal which I made earlier today and another pic: fire units I have inbox. Could switch Ronia to Mitsuki and got that Shiva too.
Just taking a quick look at this Guide it seems like you have a kick ass Gadius team if you start working on it...all Top Tier Subs. Not bad, not bad at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/gadius

Tobe

Happy ish with my 3 rolls, L Kali, goddamit finally have both of them :) then shit EX HYDRA, and rozuel. which is trash gold but hey itll do something eventually.

Ducarmel

I know its only legend difficulty but I didn't know that Loki in the new Sutr Descend switched leader with a sub, but he switched Kite and Yomi, lol. I proceeded to one shot him and Sutr.

Just taking a quick look at this Guide it seems like you have a kick ass Gadius team if you start working on it...all Top Tier Subs. Not bad, not bad at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/gadius
I just pulled Gadius, so that looks very useful to me. I think I can put something together like Uriel/Uriel/Leilan/Strawberry. Thanks for the link!

I did look that today (just before I took those pics). Only missing Yamato, but so many great choices. Ill start to level my fire units and use wood dragons to Phact, thats the plan.
I'm in a similar boat. Went from needing Yamato to really, really needing him for my fire teams lol.

razterik

King Carnival, Super King Carnival, Extreme King Metal Dragon Descended are better in terms of overall EXP/stam I think but don't really give you control over color, so if you're trying to feed specific colors supers are still the best.

Even feeding off color, Super King Carnival beats everything.

Challenge 10 1-stone clear. All dark resist latents friend and Dark Izanami let me survive Hera preempt with full hypermax team. First three attempts ended on first floor because I kept accidentally knocking her into God bind. Fourth try I just went for Tomato burst on second turn. Hera-Is was a pain, but generously didn't steal my hearts until I was ready to use Ares. No problems handling anything else, but died to Athena Starburst again. That gets me every single time! Was trying to tick her into green and got skyfalled a ton of red orbs.

hermit7

Deciding if i want to iap for a pack for rolls. Leaning against it, but would like Dkali and skuld.

Really that's all I want so I will probably not.

Rolled once and got ars nova. Blah will sell.

Top Bottom