• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

Got enough for 2 more rolls through grinding and a 650 day bonus. Got Cao Cao and Grape Dragon.

Cao Cao wasn't my absolute top pick, but he's way up there. No Verdandi, but I'm still really stoked. The last piece I really needed to boost Shiva team. He also might find a place on my Urd coin team. Really excited about this one.

Since I already have a max skilled grape, that guy just went straight to MP. Better than nothing I guess.

coy

With the removal of 3* from REM "roll until not gold" is actually a pretty dangerous proposition
"Roll til troll" is what I adopted since the removal of 3* trash.

Some very good pickups for folks here. I was planning on skipping but may YORO to see if I can get something nice.

NineH

seeing everyone's rolls, I figure I must have some really shitty luck. I got berzerker Z and then I was like, that's it for me.

jay23

Trying to have some self control and not roll the rest of my stones. Should I save them for something or go all out guys?

iY7X36M.jpg

Ducarmel

Trying to have some self control and not roll the rest of my stones. Should I save them for something or go all out guys?

Speculation for now but some are predicting the reason for the 4x exclusive is to make people roll all their stones because they will announce new exclusives and maybe a new pantheon.

Last time JP had 4x, Kanna and Satsuki were announced like a day after and Sengoku gods debuted.

So roll now or wait to see if something new is being announced in JP.

edit wanted to add the 4x in February, Gadius, Typhon, Ilm, and Zuoh were announced right after.

Speculation for now but some are predicting the reason for the 4x exclusive is to make people roll all their stones because they will announce new exclusives and maybe a new pantheon.

Last time JP had 4x, Kanna and Satsuki were announced like a day after and Sengoku gods debuted.

So roll now or wait to see if something new is being announced in JP.
Well it's not like NA would see any of the new pantheons or exclusives for another month or two anyway. Even if they came out tomorrow in JPN.

hermit7

The last thing we need is a new set of GFEs. I wouldn't mind a new pantheon, though.

Would prefer if they just began releasing new ult and skill ups for monsters that they have released. Angel 2.0 was released what 6 months ago and they are just now getting skill ups in Japan.

Egypt 2.0 have only just been getting ult and skill ups over the past month and a half.

I would also prefer other gfe receive new ults. Blonia and Gronia could use revamped leader skills or uevos more consistent with ronia, urd and skuld could receive new ones as well. Even gzl and guan yu.

yami4ct

Would prefer if they just began releasing new ult and skill ups for monsters that they have released. Angel 2.0 was released what 6 months ago and they are just now getting skill ups in Japan.

Egypt 2.0 have only just been getting ult and skill ups over the past month and a half.

I would also prefer other gfe receive new ults. Blonia and Gronia could use revamped leader skills or uevos more consistent with ronia, urd and skuld could receive new ones as well. Even gzl and guan yu.

Yes I want continued updates to old monsters, but the reality of F2P is that the game really does need a constant stream of new content as well as updated old stuff. That's what keeps whales going. If we're going to add monsters, I'd much prefer they'd be a new pantheon rather than more GFEs clogging the REM.

hermit7

Yes I want continued updates to old monsters, but the reality of F2P is that the game really does need a constant stream of new content as well as updated old stuff. That's what keeps whales going. If we're going to add monsters, I'd much prefer they'd be a new pantheon rather than more GFEs clogging the REM.

I get that my point is just that one of the ways in the past that they have drummed up fanfare was through updating old ones and having godfests for those new ults.

If you do roll and get a monster from the REM that doesn't align with their plans then you're essentially outta luck in terms of support.

yami4ct

They've also been ignoring the non-pantheon REM monsters. Let's see some PADZ, fairy tail, and wizard ults please.

Troll golds are tolls. I'd love for a lot of things to get updates, but it's clear that's not GungHo's intent for them. Sad, because some of them have situationally useful abilities. If only they had the stats/awakenings to back it up.

I'm more concerned with the fact that it seems GungHo refuses to update GFEs unless they win a fan poll. That's crap.

Hey guys, first major godfest for me since starting a couple weeks back. I pulled:

Water Courier Ruka
Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
The Norn Urd

And a silver egg Thumbelina. Are any of those good? Ruka seems pretty lame, but Wee Jas and Urd seem like they could be pretty good. I have enough for 3 more pulls (I got excited and dropped 10 bucks on the game, hopefully the last time I do that), but now I don't have enough room in my box for more pulls. It's filled with various masks. Should I keep these masks or just sell them? I've got room for 60 monsters, its almost all masks and plants and tamadras from this week.

jay23

Welp..

2 troll rolls
dupe Minerva
Leilan
Green guy from new pantheon
Cerberus rider

Troll golds are tolls. I'd love for a lot of things to get updates, but it's clear that's not GungHo's intent for them. Sad, because some of them have situationally useful abilities. If only they had the stats/awakenings to back it up.

I'm more concerned with the fact that it seems GungHo refuses to update GFEs unless they win a fan poll. That's crap.

Yup I'm not a fan of that approach I rather they bring all the old GFE cards up to the current meta. Polls are really just a popularity contest and all the monsters that actually need an update get screwed.

hermit7

Hey guys, first major godfest for me since starting a couple weeks back. I pulled:

Water Courier Ruka
Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
The Norn Urd

And a silver egg Thumbelina. Are any of those good? Ruka seems pretty lame, but Wee Jas and Urd seem like they could be pretty good. I have enough for 3 more pulls (I got excited and dropped 10 bucks on the game, hopefully the last time I do that), but now I don't have enough room in my box for more pulls. It's filled with various masks. Should I keep these masks or just sell them? I've got room for 60 monsters, its almost all masks and plants and tamadras from this week.

Urd is great. Lead for farming and as a sub for various fire teams. She is also skill able with red Dragon fruits when that rotation comes around.

Kyuur

Wednesday mythical is so nerve-wracking to run. Always fearful of a TPA skyfall on the last floor killing me. Wish I had a full SBR team that wasn't green TPA.

Okamid3n

Pulled Tsubaki.

It will take forever to make this but I'm thinking Tsubaki - A.Leilan - A. Leilan - Yamato - (Cao Cao/Shiva/Mamiya/Ares/Echidna) - Tsubaki would be a really good team.

bjork

I evolved a Pandora, and whatever her materials were, it must've been the only copy I had of something, because like 8 other people suddenly are greyed out on the evolve list. Guess I had to pick one no matter which way I went.

yami4ct

Yup I'm not a fan of that approach I rather they bring all the old GFE cards up to the current meta. Polls are really just a popularity contest and all the monsters that actually need an update get screwed.

Yep. It sucks. Both of the other Sonias could easily grab niches in the current meta, at least as subs, if they were given the time. L. Meta would kill for an upgrade. D. Meta could still be a viable leader. It makes it hard to truly invest in a GFE. Gadius is my current leader on my JP account and I'm not sure if I'll see an ult for him any time in the near future. Who know's if he'll keep up with power creep or turn into trash? I doubt any of the new Dragon Riders besides Satsuki and Kanna for instance ever really get updates.

am_dragon

saved up a bunch of free stones, and this GF looked pretty good. Not really rolling for anything but I would love a Cao Cao or Liu Bei, D.Meta, or a Kali.

Gadius
Mori Motonari
Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
Red Angel, Rozuel
Water Wizard, Sharon

I think I've seen that Gadius is pretty good. Satsuki looks really promising, not sure about subs other than Okuninushi (but I have to switch to W/D evo). I might be able to use Sharon, and can skill her up with the DC Collab right now.

Kind of odd rolls for me but I'm happy, no dupes and no complete tolls, although the Angel seems pretty useless.

edit: What the hell one more roll

Skuld - didn't have her, I do have subs, awesome, I'm done.

Wanted a Yamato. Desire sensor gets the best of me again but I'm not complaining about Tsubaki, 2nd Lkali, Kanna in my last 3 rolls. :p

I can finally field a light heavy Lkali team now.

yami4ct

Hey everyone what are some dream Attacker Teams, just pulled a Shiva! I have a Cao Cao and some others.

A team of purely fire attackers? The best stuff you're looking for are Shiva, Cao Cao, Nim, R. Valk post update, Urd, Awoken Leilan (if you don't have Urd), Skilled up Theurgia (for a farmable sub), Phoenix Rider, Amenouzume (for bind dungeons), Rodin (if you really need a filler sub), Freyr (if you really really need a filler sub), Sanada Yukimura or as a very last resort Volcano Dragon.

Ideal A. Shiva team isn't a pure attacker variant. I'd say the ideal is Shiva/A. Hino/Cao Cao/Urd/Flex (Usually another Cao Cao)/Shiva

hermit7

Hey everyone what are some dream Attacker Teams, just pulled a Shiva! I have a Cao Cao and some others.

Yami is spot on with his recommendation. I run a second urd as flex but she is usually the one subbed out depending on need based off the dungeon, if I need bund reduction I use Ame. Damage reduction I would use Phoenix rider if I had him etc.

Set has an upcoming uevo that is also going to be a triple prong and is an attacker.

razterik

Two packs on NA day one Godfest. Almost everything good came in the first pack, though. Continued on for hope of Urd, Dark Kali, Ilm, or Kanna. At least I got Akechi and Cao Cao.

Highlights are second Light Kali for A.Ra/A.Sakuya, Sanadas for Shiva Dragon and Satsuki for Z8.

Might have to convert a max skill Byakko to A.Haku now. Don't think I'll do both yet. Short one MeiMei for Zuoh system. Gadius gave my best max skill up ever, going 5/6 with my large surplus of Gold Keepers.

No need for me to buy Ra Dragon or Neptune Dragon without key subs.

Gamble Mage is as good a reason to stop as any.

yami4ct

Yami is spot on with his recommendation. I run a second urd as flex but she is usually the one subbed out depending on need based off the dungeon, if I need bund reduction I use Ame. Damage reduction I would use Phoenix rider if I had him etc.

Set has an upcoming uevo that is also going to be a triple prong and is an attacker.

Totally missed the Set being 3 TPA. Looking at him, I'm not sure he'll replace A. Hino, but still very good. Slightly more attack and arguably better awakenings, but I think the extra utility of A. Hino's active wins out. Most fire squad's that would run him don't really need that burst and it makes his cooldown way too high for a heartbreak.

FZZ

Banned
Is Ra Dragon Viable with only one Dkali?

Got all the mats ready for him, just wondering if it'll be a worthwhile investment.

hermit7

Totally missed the Set being 3 TPA. Looking at him, I'm not sure he'll replace A. Hino, but still very good. Slightly more attack and arguably better awakenings, but I think the extra utility of A. Hino's active wins out. Most fire squad's that would run him don't really need that burst and it makes his cooldown way too high for a heartbreak.

I am not sure about the utility component. Set is available at 12 max skilled compared to the 8 of hino, but frequently enough I find the double orb change to limit the number of combos that I can make.

Heartbreaking only allows for more colored orbs for more combos and the defense break is redundant enough with double shiva lead. And if really needed the 1.5 burst can be huge for high level challenge dungeons where you may need to hit for tons of damage.

Rixa

Wednesday mythical is so nerve-wracking to run. Always fearful of a TPA skyfall on the last floor killing me. Wish I had a full SBR team that wasn't green TPA.

If you happen to get 100% SBR team then its surprisingly easy (atleast my first try was).
Yesteday I cleared it for the first time with this party (friend Verdandi):

- Floors 1-4 stall so much that Banes "Solar Lazer" skill is ready. I think you could use Mystic Mask here if you dont have other "Ignore enemy element and defense".
- Last floor use Solar Lazer skill to wipe Green Mask, pop skills and TPA Blue Mask to dust in one turn.

chrono01

So I've been saving my Magic Stones for the last several months, since I don't really play the game anymore [just logged in for the free stuff]. However, with the Gold Egg rates being so nice with this Godfest, I figured I'd blow them all. These were all free, so I technically didn't spend anything.

Here's what I got.

Godfest Exclusive:

- Moon Dragon Caller Satsuki
- Green Odin x2
- Red Dragon Caller Sonia [FINALLY! My first Red Sonia!]
- Goddess of Secrets, Kali
- The Norn Urd x2
- Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia [This was probably the one unit I was after most. I have a team that would be perfect for her that I've been saving for a while now.]
- Red Dragonbound, Gadius
- Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire
- Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki

New/Gold Eggs:

- Sun Quan
- Red Sky Wizard, Chester
- Minerva x2
- Shiva
- Drafting Wizard, Wee Jas
- Blazing CyberDragon, Thuban x2
- Mochizuki Chiyome

New/Silver Eggs:

- Sleeping Beauty
- Mitsuki
- Ruka
- Thumbelina
- Fire Courier Mitsuki
- Kurone

Repeat Gold Eggs [Maybe alternate evolutions?]:

- Belial x4
- Cao Cao
- Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
- Lu Bu x2
- Leilan

Repeat Silver Eggs:

- Shaitan x2
- Sea Serpent x2
- Dragonette x2
- Thanatos
- Basilisk

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. Quite a few God Fest exclusive monsters, which is surprising, although I'm not sure how they are. Now I'm overwhelmed about how I should progress, I've been away from this game for so long. :/

zoku88

My rolls:

L Kali -- Yes, wanted another Kali for my (currently sucky) A. Ra team My only regret was using my light present egg last week.

Rozuel -- No use for me atm.

Orochi -- Probably won't see much use until I awaken him. But I need my jewels for other purposes right now

Green Odin -- MP

Sylph -- MP

Strawberry Dragon -- MP

First run of the day on Zeus Dios, latent TAMA appears. "Oh cool. Maybe these won't be so bad to farm..." *Proceeds to go the next 0/30 on appearances*

We really need 10x MP sell rate to come. Have so many descend mobs cluttering my box.

smbu2000

Rolled once more (this time in the 2nd half of the GF) and picked up my second LKali! I've been hoping for DKali, but another LKali is a welcome addition. My first one is already hyper and this one will be my next project after I finish with Levi. I used 5 extra angelits I had on her and got nothing...I probably won't start collecting more again until after the AoT collab ends as I'm trying to get skill ups for him.

I'm pretty happy overall with my pulls these past few days. After going 1/3 on AoT and getting the character I wanted (Levi), I've picked up Lu Bu, Loki and now my 2nd LKali. On my iPad, I picked up a silver on AoT (bread girl Sasha) and Lu Bu.

Also finished making Hino Kagu on my iPad and max skilled him with flampys. Nice addition to the A.Shiva team I've been using.

chrono01

Okay, here are my units. I broke them down by type and current rarity. I didn't include all of them, of course, just the ones I imagine would/might work best in teams. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. I know it's a lot to sort through, so apologies [and thanks] in advance!

Fire:

Godfest Exclusive

- Red Dragonbound, Gaius
- The Norn Urd x2
- Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
- Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki

7*

- Iwato's Dancing Goddess, Amenouzume

6*

- Asuka & Upgraded Eva Unit-02, 777
- Crimson Lotus Echidna
- Misato & AAA Wunder, Powered Up
- extant red dragon caller, sonia
- Heavenly Guide Suzuka, Leilan
- Blazing Cyberdragon, Thuban x2

5*

- Belial x5
- Ame no Uzume
- Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
- Shiva
- Cao Cao x2
- Red Sky Wizard Jester, Chester
- Yamato Takeru
- Mochizuki Chiyome
- Fire Courier Mitsuki
- Minerva x3

4*

- Mitsuki
- cao cao
- Red Riding Hood
- Hello Kitty
- Catwoman
- Asuka & Eva Unit-02

Water:

Godfest Exclusive

- Awoken Deity Odin x2
- Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
- Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire

7*

- Serpent God Demon, Viper Orochi

6*

- Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
- Guardian of Life Seiryuu, Karin
- Blizzard Archdemon Amon
- Sun Quan
- Kittyn & Mimmyna
- Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin

5*

- Hatsume no Tsubone
- Beast Rider x2
- Water Mech Warrior, Midgard
- Megalodran
- Lakshimi
- Fenrir Knight Kamui
- Siegfried, the Blue Champion
- Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
- Neptune
- sun quan

4*

- incarnation of seiryuu, karin x2
- Snow White
- Shinji & Eva Unit-01 x2
- Ruka

Grass:

Godfest Exclusive

- Genius Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
- Green Odin x2

7*

- Marine Rider, Bard Robin
- Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke
- Feline Deity of Harmony, Bastet

6*

- Goddess of Rice Fields, Kushinada
- Wood Dominion Michael
- More Cu Chulainn, the Hero

5*

- Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas
- Perseus x2
- Amitan
- Incarnation of Genbu, MeiMei
- Droidragon
- Archangel Michael
- Mystical Forest Pixie, Alraune
- Susano

4*

- Thumbelina x2
- My Melody
- Mari & Eva Provisional Unit-05 x2
- Robin x2

Light:

Godfest Exclusive

- Keeper of the Sacred Texts, Metatron
- Goddess of Secrets, Kali

7*

- Kirin of the Sacred Gleam, Sakuya
- Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie

6*

- Noble Mechdragon, Regulus

5*

- Da Qiao & Ziao Qiao
- Pompompurin
- Sun Wukong
- Deathstroke
- Izanagi x3
- GC Crab
- Incarnation of Sakuya x3
- Dragon Rider
- Thor
- Verche, the Knight of the Sky
- Angelion

4*

- da qiao & ziao qiao
- I Love PAD Bear
- Cinnamoroll

Dark:

Godfest Exclusive

- Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki

7*

- Banishing Claw Byakko, Haku
- Rebel Seraph Lucifer
- Underlord Arch Hades

6*

- Divine Flying General, Lu Bu
- Founder of Nations, Okuninushi
- Soul Guardian Byakko, Haku
- Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
- Dark Archdemon Lucifer
- Darkdragon Vritra
- Underlord Hades
- High Dark Ninja, Hanzo

5*

- Archangel Lucifer
- Batman + Batwing
- Emperor Masterion
- CoC Pekka
- Okuninushi
- Lu Bu x2
- Jester Wizard, Chester
- The Ninth Angel - Assault Mode
- The Tenth Angel
- Loki
- Drawn Joker
- Chaos Dragon Knight
- Witch of the Night, Lilith
- Tiamat x3

4*

- lu bu
- I Love DeviBear
- Kaworu & Mark06, Under Construction x2
- Batman + Batarang x3
- Joker
-ECO Dumpty
- Kurone
- Thanatos

Oh god, that must have taken you forever to write. Look into getting a padherder account and update it using padlistener to save some time.

For teams:

Green:
-AwokenBastet/Zhuge Liang/Kushinada or AwokenSusanoo/AwokenMeimei/whatever

Mix and match any one with prongs in your team as needed. Could use a Verdandi for the heals in her board change.

Blue:
Missing an Andromeda to pull it all together but you could run awoken Lakshmi with rows. Or Awoken Neptune if you really need to run blue, just fill it in with Karin and any other water attackers you see.

Light:

-L.meta/DaQiao ult/Valk/--/--

-Wukong/Thor/Da Qiao/Valk/--

-Sakuya/Valk/Kali/--/--

Dark:

-Okuninushi/AwokenHaku/AwokenHaku/Satsuki/AwokenHades

Replace Hades and/or 2nd Haku with Zaerog∞ and/or 1-2 Izanami(s) when you need them. Can also replace a Haku with Hanzo, no big deal.
Lu Bu/--/
Just slap some devil dark rows on there, he'll do the rest. If you want to go hard on a Lu Bu team, you'll need at least one of your Hakus to stay D/D ultimate instead of the Awoken ultimate.

chrono01

Oh god, that must have taken you forever to write. Look into getting a padherder account and update it using padlistener to save some time.

For teams:

Green:
-AwokenBastet/Zhuge Liang/Kushinada or AwokenSusanoo/AwokenMeimei/whatever

Mix and match any one with prongs in your team as needed. Could use a Verdandi for the heals in her board change.

Blue:
Missing an Andromeda to pull it all together but you could run awoken Lakshmi with rows. Or Awoken Neptune if you really need to run blue, just fill it in with Karin and any other water attackers you see.

Light:

-L.meta/DaQiao ult/Valk/--/--

-Wukong/Thor/Da Qiao/Valk/--

-Sakuya/Valk/Kali/--/--

Dark:

-Okuninushi/AwokenHaku/AwokenHaku/Satsuki/AwokenHades

Replace Hades and/or 2nd Haku with Zaerog∞ and/or 1-2 Izanami(s) when you need them. Can also replace a Haku with Hanzo, no big deal.
Lu Bu/--/
Just slap some devil dark rows on there, he'll do the rest. If you want to go hard on a Lu Bu team, you'll need at least one of your Hakus to stay D/D ultimate instead of the Awoken ultimate.
It did take me a while to type it all up, especially since I wanted to avoid any typo's and group them properly. I'll definitely look into creating that Padherder account. I just did a quick Google search and it looks extremely useful!

Thanks so much for your team suggestions. I'm not sure exactly where I'll start, but I'll try to take things slow as I become familiar with the game again. So much has changed since I last played.

What's the best way to level up units? Is it still Pengdra Village/Metal Dragons, or is there something better? Thankfully, I have an insane number of Tamadra [76 of em'], so awakening any units shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again for your help!

It did take me a while to type it all up, especially since I wanted to avoid any typo's and group them properly. I'll definitely look into creating that Padherder account. I just did a quick Google search and it looks extremely useful!

Thanks so much for your team suggestions. I'm not sure exactly where I'll start, but I'll try to take things slow as I become familiar with the game again. So much has changed since I last played.

What's the best way to level up units? Is it still Pengdra Village/Metal Dragons, or is there something better? Thankfully, I have an insane number of Tamadra [76 of em'], so awakening any units shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again for your help!

I like your Okuninushi team along with Bastet the most. Oku's team because it can easily be taken part and slapped onto an Awoken Tsukuyomi team if you ever get one. Bastet because you already have a lot of the core greens for tougher dungeons and challenges so all you need is a Liu Bei or a Vishinu to finish it all off.

Blue is almost there, along with red. Light is kinda lacking, you may want a Venus to bring more rows and enhance to the table for Wukong, Apollo for rows and orb changing or even Fuma Kotaro for quick orb changing.

Awoken Sakuya could use another light Kali along with the new L/L invade.

chrono01

I like your Okuninushi team along with Bastet the most. Oku's team because it can easily be taken part and slapped onto an Awoken Tsukuyomi team if you ever get one. Bastet because you already have a lot of the core greens for tougher dungeons and challenges so all you need is a Liu Bei or a Vishinu to finish it all off.

Blue is almost there, along with red. Light is kinda lacking, you may want a Venus to bring more rows and enhance to the table for Wukong, Apollo for rows and orb changing or even Fuma Kotaro for quick orb changing.

Awoken Sakuya could use another light Kali along with the new L/L invade.
Thanks again. I'll start working on my Okuninushi team first then, with Bastet as my follow up. I agree about the Light members, I was really hoping to grab an Apollo but I guess that would be asking too much.

Okuninushi and Bastet it is!

I should have saved a few pulls for Part 2, since Apollo is featured, but with my last pull yesterday I managed a Satsuki, so I can't complain too much.

All these GFE pulls. i still haven't pulled one during these 4x events. Pulling Freyr feels even worse after seeing those Norse "buffs". Still have the stat awakenings and still have 2x at 1 turn on a goddamn 12 turn cd. But hey, at least I can use I&I to boost dark attacks, because that makes sense. They can't be serious...

Top Bottom