• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

generally hyper shiva. back to back >5 mil seems to always kill me. for C9 last challenge I needed a ton of luck - I did it, just took all week of natural stamina.

as for the shiva team I have a bunch of decent alt subs I can play around with, short orb change and long, delay and orb change.

for most I run:

A.Shiva/urd/caocao/hino/xxxx/A.Shiva

with yamato, femme, urd(2), chibi chiyomi, rodin, hino(2), caocao(2), ronia as needed.

my general feeling is that the challenges (which I understand are geared at end game players) take into account hypermaxed teams and generally require some luck as well.

the game just feels like luck>skill recently and the challenges seem less challenging and more about burning stamina.
I don't have/play Shiva so maybe I'm off base re: his capabilities. But he seems like a tankier red Bastet with a lower multiplier. C9 level stuff doesn't really force you to one-shot everything so with enough TPA, the lower multiplier isn't a total dealbreaker. And combo leads rarely get orb trolled, especially with a few orb changers on hand. But again, I'm basing this completely on theorypad and YT videos so I'm probably wrong :lol.

I bring double delay and a shield to deal with the stupid stuff in C9 so a little utility does go a long way.

Quantum

Found your problem, heh. Ares really made my ShivDra tick over from light farming duty to full on monster. That and lots of plus eggs.

your team and previous post clearing high level challenges made me look and see that the row team with ares >> the tpa teams I can make. I'll slowly work towards it, but am getting bored with fire based teams and want to change things up a bit.

part of why I like the game is because I can just say f* it and start working on something different. I lucked out with the meta having hypered urd then shiva after getting tired of my blonia team but now am at a little bit of a loss.

it gets progressively harder to want to try new teams after understanding how much hypermaxing a team brings to the table - do I want to play around with another team - of course! am I going to use something different after hypermaxing A.Shiva - unlikely.

case in point. I have the perfect (Imho) A.ra team (A.Ra/D.Kali/L.Kali/L.Kali/SunQuan/A.ra) is it worth hypermaxing the team when I have a A.Shiva team?

- most of it is endgame problems and I thigh Gunho should figure out my dilemma if they continue to expect my donations to this free game.

- my nephew stiffed me on the return present lol, I got a baby brachy from my solo pull.

razterik

If i evolve Z8 - will i still be able to awaken him with dupes ? Or does he need to stay in his base version ?

PS: Damn razterik - you have the perfect A.Yomi team - this should be fun, will be good to have friends with her Hypermaxed xD

Awakenings only work when it's the same exact card. Feed him 8 dupes before evolving.

YuZxqHal.jpg

End of an era (of devils). Still have second one as D/D, but no plus eggs on her. Gave this one piis, can't be bothered to farm 20+ jewels right now.

Didn't really plan on going for A.Yomi because my combo count is usually quite low, but I'll see how comfortable I feel with her team. This is what I've been building, haste partay.

case in point. I have the perfect (Imho) A.ra team (A.Ra/D.Kali/L.Kali/L.Kali/SunQuan/A.ra) is it worth hypermaxing the team when I have a A.Shiva team?

George can speak for this better than I, but even my unplussed A.Ra team in JP clearly outclasses my nearly hypermax Shiva crew for endgame content. Less capable of recovery, but absolutely stomps through most things when I can activate it.

Rixa

Satan gets rekt.

My echidna aint uevod and not sure if I will since I use it in those dungeons that can be delayd. So many dungeons has that preemtive which nullifies status changes.
Also noticed that I have almost all the materials for Awoken Haku missing 2 Jewel of Darkness. Haku is still level 1 so no rush :).

Negator

I need to farm plus eggs. But I need to do the devil dungeons for jewels. But I need to skill up Vishnu. But I want to farm red jewels from Hera. But I need to run alt coins for experience and Flampy. But I need to farm up a Fagan.

God damn it.

J0dy77

I need to farm plus eggs. But I need to do the devil dungeons for jewels. But I need to skill up Vishnu. But I want to farm red jewels from Hera. But I need to run alt coins for experience and Flampy. But I need to farm up a Fagan.

God damn it.

Gungho is evil. They know what they're doing.

hermit7

Devil rush is so frustrating. Maybe 4 attempts today and I always fail because of my own stupidity.

Going to run Bastet with 2x awoken meimei, verd, and vishnu.

Hopefully I will prevent orb troll.

yami4ct

I want to trade?

341 146 224

Ok. Added you. We can trade as soon as you accept.

Devil rush is so frustrating. Maybe 4 attempts today and I always fail because of my own stupidity.

It can definitely be tricky. I finally cracked it today. With a good run, it's super easy with my A. Ra team. It helps that A. Ra doesn't have to deal with the extreme metal at all because of his active. I find it's Mephisto through Beelzebub that gave me the most trouble. If I have to Kali on Mephisto and Satan, that can really screw me. Sometimes I have to Kali twice on Satan, and that's basically a death sentence. Who knew you can have 3 Kalis and still be desperate for their active?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Devil Challenge done, 3 drops of Zaerog and got the fire jewel from Hera-Is. Also got 3 Snowglobes today... Very solid.

Awakenings only work when it's the same exact card. Feed him 8 dupes before evolving.

End of an era (of devils). Still have second one as D/D, but no plus eggs on her. Gave this one piis, can't be bothered to farm 20+ jewels right now.

Didn't really plan on going for A.Yomi because my combo count is usually quite low, but I'll see how comfortable I feel with her team. This is what I've been building, haste partay.
Cool thanks, guess I will have to wait until he comes back before evolving him. But I got all 3 copies from Dragon Rush today in 5 runs, which is perfect.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue with that team... I use the same one except with Perseus instead of Verdandi, so this should work well.

Unless I really mess up the success rate is like 100%.

I think it's time I start farming plus eggs. Where/ how/when do I do this? I need to hypermax something sooner or later.
T5/T6 normals during bonus drop times. OoH is especially nice for +eggs on the weekends.

For speedfarming/buttonpushing runs, you'll need some combination of Kagu/Rodin/Ra/Goemon/etc.
none of which I have :[

hermit7

Devil Challenge done, 3 drops of Zaerog and got the fire jewel from Hera-Is. Also got 3 Snowglobes today... Very solid.

Cool thanks, guess I will have to wait until he comes back before evolving him. But I got all 3 copies from Dragon Rush today in 5 runs, which is perfect.

Shouldn't be too much of an issue with that team... I use the same one except with Perseus instead of Verdandi, so this should work well.

Unless I really mess up the success rate is like 100%.

Yeah was finally able to complete it with the above team. Pretty basic overall needed all three board changes for mephisto, Satan and Beelz, and then popped bastet and vishnu when the 1.5 was necessary or more time was needed to ensure 7 combos.

Negator

Oh no, Soul Reaper again. I hate that dungeon.

Everything up to it and Sorceress is super easy, it's just this dungeon that sucks.

If I could reliably farm the devil dungeon, that would be my best option for making a Beelzebub right? There's no way I'm going to evolve all these regular ones, ain't no one got time for that.

Or is he pretty much outclassed by Zaerog?

Jagernaut

I beat all the Devil challenges today except the Legend Plus dungeon. I failed on Devils Domain with Bastet. Is it possible to beat Extreme King Metal Dragon with Bastet without an armor breaker? I tried 3 turns in a row to break his defense but failed even with a 7 combo. Verdandi has 100 plus eggs the rest of the team does not have any except for the hypermax Bastet friend.

hermit7

I beat all the Devil challenges today except the Legend Plus dungeon. I failed on Devils Domain with Bastet. Is it possible to beat Extreme King Metal Dragon with Bastet without an armor breaker? I tried 3 turns in a row to break his defense but failed even with a 7 combo. Verdandi has 100 plus eggs the rest of the team does not have any except for the hypermax Bastet friend.

I am not sure that you will have the damage required to break it. It is one of three spawns so try again and hope you don't get him.

Do you have a Gzl? That would be another option, maybe sub out lei bei?

Jagernaut

I am not sure that you will have the damage required to break it. It is one of three spawns so try again and hope you don't get him.

Do you have a Gzl? That would be another option, maybe sub out lei bei?

I don't have GZL or Delgado for spiking. I do have a mini GZL but his stats are much lower.

Maybe a hypermax Liu Bei? Mine has only +1.

7 combo with 2 green tpa plus 1 set of 3 green orbs didn't even scratch his armor.
Probably. Hypermax Lkali only has double prongs instead of triple prongs and I still need 2x4 light matches plus 36x to KO it despite the double damage.

Can't wait to get Kanna on the team so I can kill fatty metals more easily.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah was finally able to complete it with the above team. Pretty basic overall needed all three board changes for mephisto, Satan and Beelz, and then popped bastet and vishnu when the 1.5 was necessary or more time was needed to ensure 7 combos.
That's good to hear, gotta love the 2 Snowglobes reward.
Maybe a hypermax Liu Bei? Mine has only +1.

7 combo with 2 green tpa plus 1 set of 3 green orbs didn't even scratch his armor.
You should really consider at least +99 atk your main damage dealer. At this level you encounter the Fattie so often and having a maxed damage dealer will save you a bunch of stamina/stones down the line.

Assuming this is your main team.... Otherwise put the atk eggs on the main damage dealer in your main team.

raiot

You can definitely kill the Fat Metal Dragon with Bastet.
I ran Devils Domain with: A. Bastet, A. Ceres (for unbind), Vishnu, Vishnu, A. Meimei, A. Bastet.
The only Hypermax was the friend Bastet. My Vishnu has only +3 Attack eggs and he was able to break through the defense. It was a 4 Green, 4 Green combo though....

zoku88

I beat Devil's Domain on my first try :) I'm so glad I pulled that L.Kali in the last godfest. My A.Ra team feels so much better now.

I just gotta get her CD down.

Actaully, I feel like I've done this dungeon before, similar to one of the challenge dungeons I feel like

Rixa

I know I should farm +eggs but Ive been doing challenges and basically everything else than normal dungeons (2x tuesday dungeon for example). Atleast nice surprise was that HB dropped, now I have all the mats for Awoken Ceres. Sadly I dont have Ceres.

razterik

AoT buffed. Levi got a skill bind resist and leader skill now boosts all stats for machine/attackers. That's pretty good. Bet Smbu is thrilled.

Continues the pattern of GungHo having no idea what they're doing before releasing new cards. I'm struggling to remember the last time something was released and not changed significantly within a week or so. Having the game be in constant flux like this makes it hard to commit to specific teams.

Jagernaut

That's good to hear, gotta love the 2 Snowglobes reward.

You should really consider at least +99 atk your main damage dealer. At this level you encounter the Fattie so often and having a maxed damage dealer will save you a bunch of stamina/stones down the line.

Assuming this is your main team.... Otherwise put the atk eggs on the main damage dealer in your main team.

I don't have a single main team and not enough plusses for everyone. I only have 1 +297 card, Ronia.

I just failed Devils Domain again. I got Cerberus this time (easy to beat) and made it to Mephistopheles. I was about to finish him off with a 8 combo I practiced and then I froze up mid combo and was killed. Sucks, it was a good run.

hermit7

I don't have a single main team and not enough plusses for everyone. I only have 1 +297 card, Ronia.

I just failed Devils Domain again. I got Cerberus this time (easy to beat) and made it to Mephistopheles. I was about to finish him off with a 8 combo I practiced and then I froze up mid combo and was killed. Sucks, it was a good run.

I am in the same boat as you in regards to pluss eggs. I have one hyper (shiva) and the only other card that had any significant number of plusses is hino, so the high level challenges have essentially zero room for error.

jay23

I should be able to beat devils domain with this team but I still struggle with ra unless it's a no rcv dungeon.

Awoken ra/ 2x lkali/ sun quan/?/ra

Awoken Anubis(for more time extends) or d.izanami

yami4ct

I should be able to beat devils domain with this team but I still struggle with ra unless it's a no rcv dungeon.

D.Iza really doesn't help much, given that none of the floors have huge preempts. She might help you tank a hit from Mephistopheles or something if you need to charge a skill or gather more orbs, but that isn't a massive use. A. Anubis is even less useful. His active will actively work against you, meaning you'll be down a 100x activation and I don't think an extra 1 second of time extend will really save you. Of those two, D.Iza is the better bet. Just remember to save an L. Kali active for the last floor or you'll die instantly to the poison.

zoku88

The team I used was

A.Ra D Kali, L Kali, chibi Vak and L Meta.

I think you have enough time extends, so I would just put something that has a short active for the ?. Or maybe something that you can use to heal in case you get Vamp (-99% heal)

Negator

Can Awoken Bastet take down Devil rush? I'm pretty sure I can if it's possible.

Finished all the others in the challenge. I want that jewel and globes badly.

Sukospin

Yup, that's how I did it with my main and alt. Though, I got lucky and did not have to face Extreme King Metal Dragon.

yami4ct

Absolutely. A. Bastet is a top tier leader. With the right squad, there are very few dungeons I can think of that she really can't clear.

Rixa

It took 2 failed runs in the past weeks and some thinking & rereading padx comments about this dungeon. That fucker Odin Tama either binded leader or I just couldnt do enough damage to it.

Then like a lightning from sky: Hmm yeah Iam stupid, I need poisoner or bypass defence damager.
1. If Odin binds poisoner use GZL to halve defence
2. If something else use poisoner
-> Odin Binded GRG

Huge combo at boss so ohk it, Chibi Odin dropped also.

Top Bottom