• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

Ok tradeoff. Had to use 1 stone at floor 7 due those nasty wood binds. Got 1 stone back from clearing it.
Screenshot_2015-10-05-15-28-07.png

razterik

Ultimate Dragon Rush is active right now....since is still need 3 versions of the boss to evolve Z8 at some point. Whats the drop rate like at the final stage ? I know its not 100%...but more like 50% or 10% ? Or better said, just stamina wise...is this the best spot to get Zaerog drops?

Pretty sure it's 40%. Not high, but still the best Zaerog drop because it comes evolved. Another one of those much-better-on-2x-coin-dungeons things.

Z8 team officially a go. Just need to evolve a Zhou Yu and switch my hypermax Byakko to A.Haku. Sad, but necessary.

Awesome luck on skill ups today.
5/16 on Satsuki
5/14 on Sumire
5/18 on Zuoh
0/5 on Tsubaki and nothing to feed Kaede yet.

I'm going to get all blue fruits, aren't I?

Got a present waiting to trade.
Howie@GAF
343 149 208

Suddenly I'm looking forward to Awoken Sakuya. I just found out the JP players are running dark teams with her as leader, and I have DKali/Yomi/Izanami. She may finally get some use!

Anyone want to trade presents?

Kyuur

I can put up my Delgado on Tengu day, I just need to level him up.

I think I will be doing Verdandi next, in celebration of her new Uevo. Since she works as a leader and a sub I figure that would be best.

Thanks! Goldrush was kind enough to offer up his GA, but if that doesn't work I can try with 4x HP as well this way. :) Will send you PM.

Congrats !!

Great to have a Hypermaxed A.Bastet Best Friend...my first.

Dont have Green Arrow but i also will have to come up with a Squad for Tengu...i hope a couple of Gaffers will have low-cost leaders available.

I think i might use GYP or Chester....but Darkseid from the DC Dungeon seems to be quite good as well, but im missing his subs.

GYP seems like she has a pretty good chance.. can use chasers, Echidna. Best luck to you!

Arcline is my only other option at the moment, but I forgot to farm out some Sunrichs while she was active the past bit. And unfortunately other quick farmable healer options are a bit lacking in HP/ATK.

I feel like I will have a rough time with Floor 4 (2x Will o Wisp, 50k def / 4k HP) due to the fire element. I don't think there is any way I'll be able to get a single monster anywhere near 100k damage with 4x and no awakenings normally. Should hopefully be able to do it with guard break, Woodsie and 3x 3 matches.

Rixa

Corpse Wyrm needs dragon type?

Guess who isn't bothering with that!

They can be dragon sub type too. I beat it with 3 Ronias, Awoken Minerva, Red Chester and Ronia friend. Easy stone.

I tried earlier its own dungeon with this party, couldnt beat 50 STA difficulty.
Then I did put few levels to Spina (cost issues) and beat it in Devil Challenge.
Levels: 98 (+3) / 88 (+24) / 25 (+1) / 27 (+3) / 99 (+13) / 99 (+39, skill lvl 3).

razterik

Are we friends? I'm AG2@GAF if you want to trade.

Sure, sent.

My tag is Howie@GAF.

Wasn't as lucky as you, but I did get a light present dragon. Second pull was Brachy-bean. These are so worthless, it's annoying they stuffed them in here to try to stop people farming present eggs from alts. The 3 plus eggs are barely anything these days.

razterik

I can throw up a hypermax Minerva. ID?

Whoops, missed the hidden quote info or something? Huh. Sent a request, Jon's probably got you covered already.

Quantum

I'm interested in clearing the top tier - devil's domain before doing anything else this week - considering how many failed attempts challenge 9 took last week before clearing, my pad life is easy during this festival.

was damned close on my first attempt, second wasn't even close.

its just getting a lucky board set up more than either skill or hypermax at this point for the highest challenges and given the high cost of the dungeons I only get to run them about twice a day.

since I can't continue, I'm not able to stone through. Since I'm not able to stone through I see no reason to stamina refresh. Gives me time to catch up on some other neglected games.

its just getting a lucky board set up more than either skill or hypermax at this point for the highest challenges and given the high cost of the dungeons I only get to run them about twice a day.
What team(s) are you using? Doesn't seem like lucky board setups are that big of a factor now that orb change actives are so plentiful. For challenges I'm capable of clearing without stoning (aka not C10), I lose mostly due to my own mistakes or stupid skyfalls knocking things into rage mode.

ccbfan

Got Minerva friend? Super easy. Ronia works as well.

Yo?

Almost confirmed Jord Descend this event, it's on EU's event list. Wish we could get some of that awesome info upfront instead of dumb teases.

Sorry had something come up.

Anyone want to trade presents. My username is ccbfan id 310,942,201

Quantum

What team(s) are you using? Doesn't seem like lucky board setups are that big of a factor now that orb change actives are so plentiful. For challenges I'm capable of clearing without stoning (aka not C10), I lose mostly due to my own mistakes or stupid skyfalls knocking things into rage mode.

generally hyper shiva. back to back >5 mil seems to always kill me. for C9 last challenge I needed a ton of luck - I did it, just took all week of natural stamina.

as for the shiva team I have a bunch of decent alt subs I can play around with, short orb change and long, delay and orb change.

for most I run:

A.Shiva/urd/caocao/hino/xxxx/A.Shiva

with yamato, femme, urd(2), chibi chiyomi, rodin, hino(2), caocao(2), ronia as needed.

my general feeling is that the challenges (which I understand are geared at end game players) take into account hypermaxed teams and generally require some luck as well.

the game just feels like luck>skill recently and the challenges seem less challenging and more about burning stamina.

my second thought: I'm not very impressed with shiva dragon. its wonderful for farming some dungeons, but since I've been negligent skilling my ares(s) I feel like the team is lacking.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Should be 50%. You either get coins or the drop. Yes this is the best spot. You save lots of mets from evolving the first form.
Pretty sure it's 40%. Not high, but still the best Zaerog drop because it comes evolved. Another one of those much-better-on-2x-coin-dungeons things.

Z8 team officially a go. Just need to evolve a Zhou Yu and switch my hypermax Byakko to A.Haku. Sad, but necessary.

Awesome luck on skill ups today.
5/16 on Satsuki
5/14 on Sumire
5/18 on Zuoh
0/5 on Tsubaki and nothing to feed Kaede yet.

I'm going to get all blue fruits, aren't I?
Thanks guys, i did 2 runs so far got boss drop on the first and gold chest on the 2nd. I can run it once more later...hope i get the drop, only need to get the Dark War Dragon after that.

If i evolve Z8 - will i still be able to awaken him with dupes ? Or does he need to stay in his base version ?

PS: Damn razterik - you have the perfect A.Yomi team - this should be fun, will be good to have friends with her Hypermaxed xD
GYP seems like she has a pretty good chance.. can use chasers, Echidna. Best luck to you!

Arcline is my only other option at the moment, but I forgot to farm out some Sunrichs while she was active the past bit. And unfortunately other quick farmable healer options are a bit lacking in HP/ATK.

I feel like I will have a rough time with Floor 4 (2x Will o Wisp, 50k def / 4k HP) due to the fire element. I don't think there is any way I'll be able to get a single monster anywhere near 100k damage with 4x and no awakenings normally. Should hopefully be able to do it with guard break, Woodsie and 3x 3 matches.

Yeah floor 4 is the worst - i could break the enemies defense on my last attempt. But actually i might try to use the same team this time...i remember screwing up my combo the last time even with a huge amount of red orbs.

quickmemo_2015-09-06-8xsqt.png

For Floor 4 i might bring along Ra Tamadra this time...otherwise i will have to use too many orb changing actives to break their defense.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1466

razterik

Sorry had something come up.

Anyone want to trade presents. My username is ccbfan id 310,942,201

Sorry! I already found someone to trade.

the game just feels like luck>skill recently and the challenges seem less challenging and more about burning stamina.

my second thought: I'm not very impressed with shiva dragon. its wonderful for farming some dungeons, but since I've been negligent skilling my ares(s) I feel like the team is lacking.

Found your problem, heh. Ares really made my ShivDra tick over from light farming duty to full on monster. That and lots of plus eggs.

I have mostly switched away from A.Shiva because he does struggle with successive bursts sometimes.

Do agree on the emphasis on chance mechanics increasing the stamina waste. I think they broke team damage output and they've been trying to contain it ever since. Introducing random fail conditions prevents everything from being a cakewalk to the superior leads.

Top Bottom