• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Tomorrow will be awoken Bastet day (aka bestcat). I'm one red dublit away from her uveo.

So what's next on "projects"? Awoken Haku? Awoken susano? Or do I try and flesh out existing teams, like working on the red dragon called or pheonix rider?

Also what happens to all the extra awakenings if I devolve my Kirin for her awakening? Will I have to use all those Tamas again?

razterik

Guys, what's your click team for frozen soil of prossels? Shiva dragon takes soooo Long:)

Farming 3x normals? I would run Frozen Ground with Goemon and 5 Rodins Challenge mode. Tap Rodin first five floors, Goemon active floor 6, swipe floor 7.

Kind of gave up on 3x normals outside weekends. Rather sit on stones for 10x descends because they're roughly twice as efficient. Still running OoH on weekends for a steady plus stream in the interim.

Also what happens to all the extra awakenings if I devolve my Kirin for her awakening? Will I have to use all those Tamas again?

Awakenings are saved, even if the card loses them. Once you switch her to A.Sakuya, you'll have the same number of completed awakenings you have now. You can even feed Tamadras in advance to have full awakenings when you evolve her, but it's a bit harder (though not impossible) to manage that.

If you're serious about Bastet, A.Susano is one of the best choices to move onto next. He's a solid sub for any dungeon, even ones where he's not required. And the extra bonus is he's an awesome sub for A.Sakuya.

Attempted Devils Domain, promptly got crushed by Corpse Wyrm. Guess my team needs more plus eggs

On the flip side I'm starting to run with A.Shiva a bit, and casually doing like 1.5mil per monster is kind of fun. I guess.

jay23

Tries devils domain get kraken 2nd floor *binds sunquan*

Dead

Its gonna take a lot of luck to complete this final challenge.

Ducarmel

I don't know why I keep forgetting I have Typhon in my box to work on, he is the next best full board changer sub for my Kite team in my I will never pull D Kali jp account.

Quantum

so I figured why not run the Thursday dungeon to try to skill tsubaki

I'm not sure if I even have a use for her - not sure its really worthy of a GFE status

so I run the Thursday dungeon - 5 times, 4 red fruit. 4/4 skill ups

a few pulls on the pal - another red fruit - another skill up. MaxSkill o.0

I can't make this shit up - Urd took almost 3 months, this card - one day? wtf.

and ares? grr ares not only has 8 skill ups it has a really crappy rate so far.

side rant: Why Blonia, Why?

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement. Day 1 - no Norns or Kalis. Day 2 - no Odins or Metatrons.

12080224_1150995798262344_8683264261206201523_o.jpg

12113362_1150995848262339_6181923085507844719_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo added 2 new photos.
1 hr ·
*50MM Worldwide Downloads Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 10/10 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 10/11 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
Were you expecting… another Godfest?! We bet you weren’t! Fortunately the 50MM Worldwide Downloads Event is big enough for two!
This Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and Godfest Exclusives. There’s also a special bonus: both featured Gods and Exclusives will pop out at level 50!
Day One will also feature the Five Elements and Indian Series 2 Gods, while Day Two includes the Japanese Series 1 and Samurai Gods.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.
DAY 1 : 10/10 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Five Elements Series Gods -
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
- Indian Series 2 Gods -
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga
- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh
2141 Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
2143 Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire
2145 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
2147 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
2149 Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
DAY 2 : 10/11 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Japanese Series 1 Gods -
132 Kagutsuchi
134 Viper Orochi
136 Susano
138 Amaterasu
140 Yomi
- Samurai Gods Series -
2264 Sanada Yukimura
2266 Mori Motonari
2268 Ishida Mitsunari
2270 Maeda Keiji
2272 Akechi Mitsuhide
- Special -
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh
2141 Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
2143 Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire
2145 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
2147 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
2149 Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki

yami4ct

Man, Awokens have done nothing to ease that awkward middle period of PAD playing. I have a great Awoken Sakuya squad ready on my JP account, but getting the evo mats terrifies me. I need a Fagan and Zhou Yu for Kirin, Tengu and Goemon for Susano and I need to get an Ilya invade. My 2 L. Kalis look easy to evolve in comparison. Fagan and Tengu in particular scare me.

razterik

JP getting short return of PAD Academy, but no changes beyond the already announced buffs.

Next event dungeon is Halloween themed!

NA guys get ready for that to appear here between Christmas and St Patricks Day, haha.

And there will be some awesome MP card that we never see.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The GF looks quite good for me. Shit...i need my couple of stones for +eggs and skill up farming.

2nd Vishnu would be perfect for my Bastet teams as well as getting Haku for a potential A.Yomi team. No Kalis and Norns though....whyyy ?

No Pro has some tips for my flow?

No specific tips - but you should try to use/get more units with TPA Awakenings on your Verdandi team. So you should use Griffin Rider in your team even if he isnt Balanced Type, outside of the Woodsy active he hits harder than all other units for your Verdandi. If you can Awoken Susano down the line he would be quite the upgrade to your squad.

Talking about longterm projects and Top Tier leaders you might wanna start preparing for Awoken Sakuya once we get her in a couple months so you can start clearing the tougher content. She has farmable subs like Valk, Verche, Ilya...and with Arcline, Susano(Awoken)and DKali you also have some very useful REM subs for her.

No expert on fire units, so maybe someone else can recommend a team.

ZombAid82

The GF looks quite good for me. Shit...i need my couple of stones for +eggs and skill up farming.

2nd Vishnu would be perfect for my Bastet teams as well as getting Haku for a potential A.Yomi team. No Kalis and Norns though....whyyy ?

No specific tips - but you should try to use/get more units with TPA Awakenings on your Verdandi team. So you should use Griffin Rider in your team even if he isnt Balanced Type, outside of the Woodsy active he hits harder than all other units for your Verdandi. If you can Awoken Susano down the line he would be quite the upgrade to your squad.

Talking about longterm projects and Top Tier leaders you might wanna start preparing for Awoken Sakuya once we get her in a couple months so you can start clearing the tougher content. She has farmable subs like Valk, Verche, Ilya...and with Arcline, Susano(Awoken)and DKali you also have some very useful REM subs for her.

No expert on fire units, so maybe someone else can recommend a team.

Hmm, haven't thought about the Griffin Rider. Who should i throw out? My second Verdandi? Her orb Change is incredible useful, Susano with his shield too. Maybe ChuChu?

cw_sasuke

I would drop Susano - with Verdandi you already rocking high HP so unless you absolutely need a shield for the dungeon to take hits you should bench him.

Rixa

Hmm 2nd Vishnu in Verdandi team :p. Ok its not necessary since I have nice Verd team already (only missing skill ups and + eggs).

I have 20 stones so its 4 pulls for me. My alt has now 97 days. Why on the earth they had to do GF now :p. Oh well alt makes 4 pulls too.
Anyways pulling tomorrow rather than sunday.

Azusa

Ugh I have died again trying to kill Mephistophel. Orb trolling can kill Ra team instantly. I wish I have a second Kali and there is no hope to roll Kali during this godfest.

I don't know what is the best action: use all my stones trying to get Kali again or use them to levelup my ABastet team.

Ducarmel

I'll try that as soon my griffin is Awoken!
Thanks, sure an interresting possiblity^^
Awoken Minerva can cheese a lot of the heavy light/dark dungeons like the current Devils Domain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtl4IeKRKM

Awoken Minerva / Awoken Leilan / RL Ares / Gadius / flex spot / Awoken Minerva friend

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=覚醒ミネルヴァ

edit: new 50 stamina star vault in jp coming, guaranteed +eggs. I guess the trade off between this and 10x descend is speed.

Jagernaut

Awoken Minerva can cheese a lot of the heavy light/dark dungeons like the current Devils Domain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtl4IeKRKM

Awoken Minerva / Awoken Leilan / RL Ares / Gadius / flex spot / Awoken Minerva friend

edit: new 50 stamina star vault in jp coming, guaranteed +eggs. I guess the trade off between this and 10x descend is speed.

I can make that Minerva team. What would you use in the flex spot:

Awoken Shiva - +140
Awoken Horus
Yamato
Ronia - +297
Echidna
Fire Dragon Knight- for binds

ZombAid82

Now i only Need a Zeus Vulcan and a Hera-Ur.... LMFAO

Don't know how i ever will get them.

Starlight Sanctuary King of the Gods is my final, i can't beat fucking Zeus....

Kyuur

3 rolls on Day 2 for me, would love to have pretty much anything on that list other than a 3rd fucking Hino :lol: (don't really want a dupe Orochi either). Urd would be sweet to start looking for ways to make use of those Hinos.

Tried challenge 7, don't know if there's anyway I can take down KoG with my Verdandi team. Got him down to half, with an extra skill up I'd be able to use Echidna but then he turns to fire and I doubt I can kill without some really lucky skyfalls. :/

When I hear 'cheese', a team full of rem subs and all +297 doesn't come to mind rofl

Had a lot of trouble with that too until I had gzl/Vishnu. I'd give it a shot once you get max level / awakened Griffin and bring Echidna.

Ducarmel

I can make that Minerva team. What would you use in the flex spot:

Awoken Shiva - +140
Awoken Horus
Yamato
Ronia - +297
Echidna
Fire Dragon Knight- for binds

I would switch out Gadius for Yamoto, he has skill bind resist which is way more useful these days and has a shorter cd as an orb changer. Since you have Lielan a second full board changer may be unnecessary for most dungeons.

As for the flex spot I guess it depends on the dungeon, generally speaking I would take another orb changer under normal circumstances.

But if you need a panic button delay in Echidna, and since uevo D Iza is a red sub type she would not be a bad sub for damage reduction. If you need more fire power Horus, or other Fire enhancing card. Shiva is not a bad sub for the occasional high defense cards. You already mentioned bind clear card for those type of dungeons. Lastly check for skill bind awakenings if you know a dungeon has an annoying skill bind move maybe configure you team to deal with that.

When I hear 'cheese', a team full of rem subs and all +297 doesn't come to mind rofl
Yeah REM subs do help a lot, for 0 stone legend plus i imagine a more rem heavy team is zero stone capable lesser teams may need a stone or 2. But in general maybe 1 or 2 rem subs are needed for regular descends.

to add to Kyuur comment once you finish your verde team, think about stoning if you have too. Assuming you want to work on Awoken Minerva spending a stone or two might be worth it.

bjork

Got an ultimate evolution going for my Hello Kitty, now she's riding a red dragon and they're on fire with bows floating around them. It's on now.

Jagernaut

I would switch out Gadius for Yamoto, he has skill bind resist which is way more useful these days and has a shorter cd as an orb changer. Since you have Lielan a second full board changer may be unnecessary for most dungeons.

As for the flex spot I guess it depends on the dungeon, generally speaking I would take another orb changer under normal circumstances.

But if you need a panic button delay in Echidna, and since uevo D Iza is a red sub type she would not be a bad sub for damage reduction. If you need more fire power Horus, or other Fire enhancing card. Shiva is not a bad sub for the occasional high defense cards. You already mentioned bind clear card for those type of dungeons. Lastly check for skill bind awakenings if you know a dungeon has an annoying skill bind move maybe configure you team to deal with that.

I just want to use the Minerva team for Devil Rush.

You lose points for push buttoning past floors in the new ranking dungeon, lol

Actually where the heck are the ranking dungeons for NA. It's getting to be around that time.

Ducarmel

I just want to use the Minerva team for Devil Rush.
well first my team suggestion was really to show ZombAid82 what kind of team he can build from his box not really a team to beat Devils Domain. I just posted a video showing what Minerva can do if you work on her to tackle descends since ZombAid82 is somewhat new and he probably is not going to pull top tier stuff any time soon.

Minerva legend plus descend teams do need a lot of plus eggs I would say maybe 400 plus atk eggs just to be safe, you might need to bring atk enhance skill or be good at stalling and bursting at the right moment.

That said I would bring Ronia, Yamato also combos well Leilan and he has bind clear maybe drop Gadius. I want to say bring an enhance skill for fatty and to one shot Beez but I'm not sure how much plus eggs you got on your team. If you think you have enough atk then maybe enhance is not required. If you do think enhance is necessary then I think you should bring Shiva or Hera-Ur if you happen to have her..

I realized I had a Vishnu in my box,

Would he be a good candidate for a bestcat team? Or should I focus on low count orb changers (green valk/Leeza/verdandi/Perseus/Liu Biu?)

cw_sasuke

Would he be a good candidate for a bestcat team? Or should I focus on low count orb changers (green valk/Leeza/verdandi/Perseus/Liu Biu?)
Vishnu is the best damage dealer sub for Bestcat... You need to skill him up for max efficiency though. You can bench Bei if you have Vishnu.

Hey, I've just recently started playing this game and rerolling trying to get a good starter leader. With the Godfest this weekend which ones should I shoot for? Thanks.

Vishnu is the best damage dealer sub for Bestcat... You need to skill him up for max efficiency though. You can bench Bei if you have Vishnu.
Depends on what dungeon you're running. Vishnu's active is way too random for my liking. I'd probably choose Vishnu for longer dungeons, but I'd much rather have Liu Biu's active for most stuff. Great burst option and can fix bad Verdandi/Meimei boards. I'd probably use him instead of running double Liu Bui or if I had to take out Perseus and still needed 100% SBR. I'd definitely use him over G. Valk or Leeza.

Really? They both have triple dual-prong, would the team be better with both?

Took you advice and spent an hour in the insect dungeon... 1 skill up for Leeza and 1 skill up for Vishnu...

It's going to be a long time skipping him up isn't it...

Depends on what dungeon you're running. Vishnu's active is way too random for my liking. I'd probably choose Vishnu for longer dungeons, but I'd much rather have Liu Biu's active for most stuff. Great burst option and can fix bad Verdandi/Meimei boards. I'd probably use him instead of running double Liu Bui or if I had to take out Perseus and still needed 100% SBR. I'd definitely use him over G. Valk or Leeza.

Thank you both for the tips on green. Red and old Kirin teams, I've got down, but green is kind of new (had verdandi for a lead but not a truly game hanging lead until bestcat). Sounds like Vishnu would be a good fit instead of g.valk. And then sub in GZL for Leeza if I need burst.

hermit7

Took you advice and spent an hour in the insect dungeon... 1 skill up for Leeza and 1 skill up for Vishnu...

I dropped lei bei from my team after vishnu ult came out. The sbr is huge and gives my team more flexibility overall. base team has 5 sbr and then flex which doesn't need one.

cw_sasuke

Yeah it can take a bit, at least we have the 2,5x skill up event right now. It will be worth the effort.
In my experience Vishnus active is more flexible and useful overall. Higher combos can be an issue after Beis active. Verdandi/Meimei active + Vishnus active > Verdandi/Meimei + Beis active imo. Easier to combo + high sky fall chance.

At the end it depends also on the other avaliable subs... But with Vishnus active you can get enough orbs to take out 2-3 stages and he will be up again quite fast. I would only prefer Bei if I'm didn't have A.Meimei/Verd or Perseus.

Ducarmel

Hey, I've just recently started playing this game and rerolling trying to get a good starter leader. With the Godfest this weekend which ones should I shoot for? Thanks.

There is two ways to look at rerolling these days, getting the best card that you can get for your entirety of pad playing, or getting a card that will be enough to enjoy the game to start with

You also have to keep in mind you will be able to pull all available REM card during godfest, but with so many special gods available some special gods are only available on certain days.

If you want an end game leader Kirin during the first day. Second day L Kali but it will be a while before you have the team cost to use her.

If you want beginner friendly and will IAP in the future or take your chances rolling a better lead in the future with free stones. Day 1, Haku is beginer friendly and probably still the most popular of the tri color gods, Not saying the otheres are not good but I imagine these days if people are still rocking tri color god leads its probably Haku. Red Sonia she is easy to play with and everybody has her but it will be some time before you have the team cost to play with her. Day 2 any of the Norns will do, but for NA Urd and Verd are the most popular ones.

Not part of the godfest but if you pull Bastet (the best one in this list), Isis, Horus, Osiris, Hathor, Nephthys, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao are good rolls and beginner friendly enough.

razterik

JP BF renewal confirmed for next week, time to use it if you still have it.

I suppose I should buckle down and buy ShivDra with some of the old junk on this account. Would like to see what the MP Halloween card(s) are, but I'm pretty sure he's rotating out before the reveal. Really far away from evolving him, too.

yami4ct

JP BF renewal confirmed for next week, time to use it if you still have it.

I suppose I should buckle down and buy ShivDra with some of the old junk on this account. Would like to see what the MP Halloween card(s) are, but I'm pretty sure he's rotating out before the reveal. Really far away from evolving him, too.

And now comes the question. Do I use it on the Gadius that's currently my main or do I try and pick up an aspirational Awoken Kirin friend?

razterik

A.Sakuya is going to last longer in the meta than Gadius, who's arguably already slipped out from viable lead status.

I might be a bit biased, though, since I've near-hypered one and not the other.

Thinking about the Halloween dungeon, I wonder who's going to be skilled by the boss drop? None of the other color Heras ever got an ultimate with a changed skill.

Oh man, it would be so great/suck so much if they made it Halloween versions of the Chinese girls and they dropped skill ups for each Awoken form. Stamina cost would be a little better than farming orbs, but waifu whales would go nuts maxing the boss drops.

scottnak

Oo... presents.

If anyone still has theirs lying around. Add me to trade! 311,538,385

Got close twice on the Legend+ Devil Challenge...
Feel like it's doable, just choking sadly at the boss both times. :(

yami4ct

A.Sakuya is going to last longer in the meta than Gadius, who's arguably already slipped out from viable lead status.

I might be a bit biased, though, since I've near-hypered one and not the other.

Thinking about the Halloween dungeon, I wonder who's going to be skilled by the boss drop? None of the other color Heras ever got an ultimate with a changed skill.

Oh man, it would be so great/suck so much if they made it Halloween versions of the Chinese girls and they dropped skill ups for each Awoken form. Stamina cost would be a little better than farming orbs, but waifu whales would go nuts maxing the boss drops.

I think Gadius is still completely viable, but you are totally right that he is less viable long term than A. Sakuya. I also hope to get my A. Sakuya team up and running fairly soon and that team will be way better than the Gadius I'm rocking. I apparently I already had a hypermax A. Sakuya friend, so I just threw my best friend on her.

Lots of reroll guides out there, but specially for the featured pantheons I'd say

Top Starter Pulls
Day 1: Kirin, R.Sonia
Day 2: Urd, Verdandi, L.Kali, R.Sonia

Okay Starter Pulls
Day 1: Haku, Krishna, Vishnu, Durga, Gadius
Day 2: Keiji, Mitsuhide, Skuld, D.Kali

Fuck it I want to play
Day 1: the rest of the Chinese girls, both Metatrons, all five "Japanese" dragoncallers
Day 2: all five "Japanese" dragoncallers

razterik

I think Gadius is still completely viable, but you are totally right that he is less viable long term than A. Sakuya. I also hope to get my A. Sakuya team up and running fairly soon and that team will be way better than the Gadius I'm rocking. I apparently I already had a hypermax A. Sakuya friend, so I just threw my best friend on her.

Aww, you could've tagged me for A.Sakuya, heh.

I don't think Gadius is bad, just he's a little behind compared to where current leads are going. Especially not a fan of leads that lack a skill bind resist because you end up compromising your subs to compensate.

Top Bottom