• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Lqy3Ipxl.jpg

Getting a jewel invade on floor 7 is so painful. Kills your best level up exp. Had to chew through Threedia and then another 9 mil on both Nordis floors before I had a chance. Still worked better than the last three runs I failed with Shiva.

Four runs at Scarlet, four deaths. Even made it right to the very end last time and died to her leader bind->rage hit. These rogue dungeons are the worst damn thing in PAD now.

smbu2000

Pulled quite a bit on my iPhone in the second half of the GF since I had quite a few stones. Nothing really too great though. Picked up a Gadius, Ishida Mitsunari (green guy, 2nd one), Uriel and my 2nd Ares.

I'm just glad Gadius' skill up monster is easy to get, I just have to run the Tuesday dungeon a lot.

Seems like I could make a decent Tsubaki team with some of my subs: Gadius/Uriel/A.Leilan/Ares/Squall

Rolled once on my iPad and picked up Verdandi! Very nice. Now I have all 3 of them on my iPad. Used the 14 green fruits I had and I was able to get her up to level 4. At least I have a reason to run the Thursday dungeon as I have to level up all 3 of them. She'll make a nice leader/sub for my green team.

I'm currently running Oshiris/Artemis/A.Meimei/Vishnu/Liu Bei (all max skilled, but no plus eggs) In the process of making A.Meimei #2 and now Verdandi.

ZombAid82

My team has skill levels as 1 (Venom Enhanced Bane has 2, but no awokens at all).
When there are high defence mobs (600k def) I take Bane instead Cyberbeast. If not its Cyberbeast instead of Bane. Bane has now few levels more but its the skill why I take it with me.

Verdandi / Griffin Rider Gilliam / VEBane or Swoop-Winged Cyberbeast Phact / Vishnu / GZL / friend hypermaxed Verdandi

GRG is great, only 13 cost and good awokens, works well with GZL skill.

Thanks, good to know. I'll try these when I'm completely leveled up with my griffin^^

I pulled two(!) Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik 😕 is there anything I can do with these? Or should I sell one for MP?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks, good to know. I'll try these when I'm completely leveled up with my griffin^^

I pulled two(!) Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik 😕 is there anything I can do with these? Or should I sell one for MP?
Unless you are a whale or way further into the game you should hold on to Rem exclusive... They might become useful to you down the line, once they get buffs or you run more teams.

Honestly I wouldn't pay too much mind to the MP Store at this point. Clearing Desc and obtaining some of the better farmables units while working on your Verdandi team (levels/skill ups) should be your goals for now.

ZombAid82

Unless you are a whale or way further into the game you should hold on to Rem exclusive... They might become useful to you down the line, once they get buffs or you run more teams.

Honestly I wouldn't pay too much mind to the MP Store at this point. Clearing Desc and obtaining some of the better farmables units while working on your Verdandi team (levels/skill ups) should be your goals for now.

Thanks again, guys! You're all very helpful!

1-stoned C10 with my default A.Ra team. Tried with an L.Kali subbed-out for Indra first, but I burnt through 4 skills just to survive getting to her while charging Indra, then proceeded to die anyway. Said screw it and just ate the stone for a near-guaranteed clear.

Edit: Raz, how many hypermaxed mobs do you have on that Z8 team? I have all the parts to make that team with all of them max lvl/skilled. Only my Z8 isn't max-skilled. But I don't have any of them plussed. I also have an unskilled Akechi, but not sure if he's a better sub than any of those. Haven't really analyzed the team. But I've noticed all my main teams have mostly lacked HP multipliers, which make preemptives like Hera annoying as hell.

J0dy77

One pull during day two of the US Godfest, Gadius. Not even a little bit mad, he was even max level 5 star. Evo'd him, fed 5 tamdra and a snow globe... He's already level 81.

Amazing how much faster the game goes now. I remember it taking months to get a card to that point in the past.

Edit: wanted to take him for a test drive and realized I have zero Gadius friends. I have 20+ shiva but no gadius, very sad. Anyone mind putting one up?

Rixa

Edit: wanted to take him for a test drive and realized I have zero Gadius friends. I have 20+ shiva but no gadius, very sad. Anyone mind putting one up?

Mine is up but its only 54 level and skill is at 1 but its fully awoken.
Dunno fi we are friends, if not:

Pulled twice:

Mori Motonari
Belial

Very happy with two non-dupes. Belial is not much use right now, but ideally the demons will be getting Awoken uvos soon, so I have that to look forward to.

Mori Motonari is a nice addition to my water box. I have great physical cards (Blodin, Blonia, U&Y, Aquaman) but I haven't found the right leader yet.

I put up mine if you're still looking. Max level/skill.

Rixa

Is there skill up material for Awoken Shiva, I have 3 Flampys inbox which I could use to AS.
Do I remember right that you can buy one Jewel of Fire from MP shop before it resets thus should I buy one Jewel of Fire today?
-> When MP shop resets next time?

I went to Sorceress - Legend dungeon and got Theurgia as opponent and it happened to drop. I do have Phoenix & one Jewel of Fire. If I wont get more Jewels from Evo carneval I buy them from MP shop.

Epic Drop

Is there skill up material for Awoken Shiva, I have 3 Flampys inbox which I could use to AS.
Do I remember right that you can buy one Jewel of Fire from MP shop before it resets thus should I buy one Jewel of Fire today?
-> When MP shop resets next time?

I went to Sorceress - Legend dungeon and got Theurgia as opponent and it happened to drop. I do have Phoenix & one Jewel of Fire. If I wont get more Jewels from Evo carneval I buy them from MP shop.

Don't waste your mp on a jewel! Challenge of a lifetime starts in just a few days, and you can get one of any jewel you want through it (just exit and reenter if it's not the fire one you want)

Rixa

Don't waste your mp on a jewel! Challenge of a lifetime starts in just a few days, and you can get one of any jewel you want through it (just exit and reenter if it's not the fire one you want)

Ah we get new CotL, yup going to spend my sta for Fire Jewel, if I dont get 2 from PAL pulls (prolly not).

Jagernaut

2 pulls

Sun Quan - dupe, already have a max skilled B/G don't think I need another.

Satauki - nice, evolved her, fed her a dark snow globe and went 1/5 on skillups.

Okamid3n

3 pulls, all average rolls, nothing I plan to use.

I'm drowning in jewels, snow globes and piis and I have nothing to use them on. A quarter of my box is made up of those things.

Was prepping to spend all day chasing skill ups, then went 2/4 to finish off Dill Sirius. I would spend the rest of the day farming Ocean of Heaven, but 1.5x drop goes away at 3...

jay23

A lot of trash rolls this week compared to the last god fest which was raining gold eggs. Think I'll start saving some stones.

Side note how many messages can you have stored? iirc the number on the bottom updates with how many more you can have right?

Rixa

^^ Managed to get 5 stones and pulled Kurone, lots of trash pulls.
That moment when you realized you choose wrongly.
OOH and party that is build for planning something, not for puzzling.

Negator

I got a whole bunch of crap in the Godfest, and then a 3rd L. Kali and Isis show up.

I don't quite think a third one will be too good, lol. Super happy about the Isis though.

Negator

Oh. It was my 150th day, and the game gave me free 5 stones and I got Kaede! Yay!

Now I feel like I have too many options for A. Bastet subs, lol.

cw_sasuke

Did Star of Justice - Master runs today to skill up Beast Rider...Harley Quinn dropped on all 7 runs i did :eek: Was able to max skill Beast Rider - dont know if i ever will have serious use for him, but i will skill up every Rider i can.

PS: Tomorrow Tengu....so please put up your low cost leaders for a while. I will give it a shot with GYP and Chester(Fire).

Negator

Did Star of Justice - Master runs today to skill up Beast Rider...Harley Quinn dropped on all 7 runs i did :eek: Was able to max skill Beast Rider - dont know if i ever will have serious use for him, but i will skill up every Rider i can.

PS: Tomorrow Tengu....so please put up your low cost leaders for a while. I will give it a shot with GYP and Chester(Fire).

I'll be putting up my GYP and Delgado all day tomorrow for people. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a pain in the ass. I'm a bit worried about my RCV, hopefully a max level Echidna will be enough.

Think this will be good enough?

iutlS8Jl.jpeg

razterik

Was prepping to spend all day chasing skill ups, then went 2/4 to finish off Dill Sirius. I would spend the rest of the day farming Ocean of Heaven, but 1.5x drop goes away at 3...

The rigid morning-only 1.5x drop rate times have ruined my plus farming this weekend. I can't adjust my whole schedule just so I can match up. More stones saved for 10x, I guess. GungHo needs to at least flip times around on different days, or rotate weekend bonuses into weekdays like JP. As it is, a good chunk of the player base can't really farm plus eggs on weekends now.

Side note how many messages can you have stored? iirc the number on the bottom updates with how many more you can have right?

Once over 99, the counter adds a + and it keeps going up. I have around 150 messages right now and have gone up to nearly 200 before. Best guess is it fills up at ~250 and then new ones gets stored server side until you clean out some space.

1-stoned C10 with my default A.Ra team. Tried with an L.Kali subbed-out for Indra first, but I burnt through 4 skills just to survive getting to her while charging Indra, then proceeded to die anyway. Said screw it and just ate the stone for a near-guaranteed clear.

Edit: Raz, how many hypermaxed mobs do you have on that Z8 team? I have all the parts to make that team with all of them max lvl/skilled. Only my Z8 isn't max-skilled. But I don't have any of them plussed. I also have an unskilled Akechi, but not sure if he's a better sub than any of those. Haven't really analyzed the team. But I've noticed all my main teams have mostly lacked HP multipliers, which make preemptives like Hera annoying as hell.

It's full hypermax. The HP boost from Z8 is very slight, only giving about 3k extra from hyper Z8s and Satsuki. But the team has a lot of natural HP from physical members at the expense of lower RCV. Dark Izanami's shield makes up for most of that and covers any large preemptive strikes beyond the first floor.

Pandora's the only real flex member in my opinion, but I greatly prefer her over Akechi for a few reasons. Her extra skill boost brings the team to 8 total, which allows A.Haku to activate first turn after a single Z8 haste. The bind heal is marginally useful when combined with her heart making for the occasional leader bind. And most importantly, Akechi converts away the water orbs Satsuki needs for her active.

Z8 plays a lot like A.Bastet, but with some differences. The max multiplier is easier to achieve at minimum 4 combos, which is good because you carry less time extends. Team is far more orb hungry, needing between 11-14 dark orbs for decent burst. But with constant 15% dark orb drop and 4 haste actives, the orb requirement becomes much more manageable than it appears. Z8 is better at trading blows with higher team HP and a nearly always available shield as opposed to A.Susano's once or twice per dungeon. Satsuki is the main damage dealer, much like Liu Bei/Vishnu, and she gains even higher stats from Z8's leader boost.

The real power behind Z8 is that the team is carrying 4 haste actives on short counters. Imagine running a team with Satsuki cool down at 4 turns, Pandora at 4, and A.Haku at 6. You can use almost any active on the team and be confident you'll have it ready again when you need it. And stalling a few turns if necessary is simple with the shield.

I don't think Z8 team works without both leads max skilled. And I'm not sure it's worthwhile to switch your box focus to dark unless you're building towards something like A.Yomi as well. Your A.Ra is still more than capable of handling the same content, and A.Sakuya isn't too far out if you're looking for something a little more flexible. You probably only need to plus egg A.Susano and then build an Ilya once she appears(admittedly a fairly difficult task).

FZZ

Banned
Since Yomi alludes my main I have created an alt account

Rerolled about 5 times until I finally got him

Gonna see how fast the progression in the game is now compared to when I started 590 days ago lol

Kyuur

Got Urd in godfest! Finally can put my two Hino to use, once I awaken them. I don't really have any other good subs yet, so Chester (100% SBR woo) and Echidna for now.

I'll be putting up my GYP and Delgado all day tomorrow for people. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a pain in the ass. I'm a bit worried about my RCV, hopefully a max level Echidna will be enough.

Looks good to me! Fire is definitely the element for the dungeon if you can run it, since you get 2x damage against Tengu himself and you get Echidna at your disposal naturally!

I'm not sure I actually have you on my friend list for Delgado tomorrow, did you get my PM?

Okamid3n

Once over 99, the counter adds a + and it keeps going up. I have around 150 messages right now and have gone up to nearly 200 before. Best guess is it fills up at ~250 and then new ones gets stored server side until you clean out some space.

Yep, that's how it was for me a few months ago. At around 250 messages, they would tell me that I needed to erase some messages to get the new ones, and the new ones would appear once I did that, with nothing lost.

2-stoned C10 again, I was so close to a 1-stone but I didn't know Athena would use Storm Punisher instead of her status shield for some reason. If I had known, I'd have had DIzanami up...

razterik

She uses Aegis Defense at <90% HP and only if she hasn't used her dark bind or resurrection first. Tough lesson on not having your shield up. I went through that a few times before I learned to always tap it, even if I was certain of victory.

11 deaths later. Piss off into spaaaaacee!

Great, now only Tengu is left for stone and present dragon. How do I low cost.

Got within striking distance of Z8, but failed to realize he'd oneshot me if I left poison orbs on the board. I think I can take the dungeon with a few more +eggs.

FZZ

Banned
So alt is currently at rank 19 and has Yomi, Amaterasu, Sumire, and Snow White (lol)

With four rolls on the account 3/4 were gold and looks like I also have a lead that can tear through a good amount of content so it won't be helpless getting the mats for Awoken Yomi.

Looking pretty good imo.

cw_sasuke

iutlS8Jl.jpeg

Your team is better than mine GYP team ..so this better works out heh.
But you might not be able to clear Floor 4 with this setup, unless you can break through 54k def.

Edit:

Okay cleared Tengu - Master twice with GYP - no issues. Havent gotten a drop yet though.

Rixa

Used ~44k PAL pts for evo carnival, got some good stuff, sadly no KoG.
Jewels & hauls that I cant farm:

- Jewel of Fire
- Jewel of Wood
- 2x Jewel of Light
- Devilit
- 2x Angelit
- 2x Red Dragon Fruit
- 2x Green Dragon Fruit

One more Jewel of Fire to Awoken Shiva needed, it remains to be seen how many tries I need to take with CoaL that I get Leilan as opponent.

cw_sasuke

Tengu Get - YES. Awoken Susano im coming.

quickmemo_2015-10-12-f7si8.png

Thats my squad, you cant really lose with this lineup. As said before if you use GYP you need to bring along Darkseid,RaTamdra/Mystic Maskc etc to clear Floor 4 without issues.

hermit7

Used ~44k PAL pts for evo carnival, got some good stuff, sadly no KoG.
Jewels & hauls that I cant farm:

- Jewel of Fire
- Jewel of Wood
- 2x Jewel of Light
- Devilit
- 2x Angelit
- 2x Red Dragon Fruit
- 2x Green Dragon Fruit

One more Jewel of Fire to Awoken Shiva needed, it remains to be seen how many tries I need to take with CoaL that I get Leilan as opponent.

I rolled a bunch as well, maybe 60 rolls and got... Not a lot. Few Mythic masks and divine masks, couple keepers that I could easily farm, one dark jewel which is alright but I have enough of those.

I can farm all the weekday dungeons so it is not a big deal but maybe I should have saved them for the enhance mat carnival.

Rixa

I rolled a bunch as well, maybe 60 rolls and got... Not a lot. Few Mythic masks and divine masks, couple keepers that I could easily farm, one dark jewel which is alright but I have enough of those.

I can farm all the weekday dungeons so it is not a big deal but maybe I should have saved them for the enhance mat carnival.

I got also masks, but at the moment it is the only weekly dungeon I can farm thus Iam happy to spend my PAL pts here.

Edit:
Bestcat <3. Looked for Ceres friends, didnt see single. Decided to take a try with Bestcat.

J0dy77

Anyone have an unevolved batman I can use for tengu? Just realized I need two more for awokens and I don't have a proper team for him.

Top Bottom