• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Well this event has been good for me. Got my first hypermax (bestcat) and now Awoken Susano. Didn't have a proper team for Tengu, so I wound up just slapping some physicals together on a team with Asmodeus and a friend GYP and muddled through Master twice to get the egg. Asmodeus is hard to trigger without time extends, but she hits so hard that it made up for the rest of my team being junk. I even managed to get through floor 4 without a skill once because of her.

Kyuur

Failed first Tengu run with Delgado friend just barely (sliver of HP left). Second was successful using AB Bluebird (Balanced, 2.5x atk with water/wood/fire, threw Echidna in team) but no drop so far. Onwards!

Rolled in PEM too, got a couple of jewels.. still no wood, or wood mask (I got a crapton of blues to add to my collection though)! Guess I'll waste stamina trying to get one in the gift dungeon since I don't have time today until I grab Tengu and I don't think Zeus Vulcan is happening yet.

Edit: Latent SBR is cool. I think its great when some of them give 'related' awakens instead of carbon copies with lesser values. I wish the stat ones were a bit stronger and then they'd be a cool idea for stat sticks due to their % scaling.

Double Edit: Beat again with Delgado/Green Arrow, no drop though. By far the easiest, if anyone is struggling I'd definitely recommend putting together a 2/4/2 team instead of 4/4/1 (unless you're running something with naturally high RCV or something I guess, like healers). Might give legend a shot.

razterik

Halloween Izanami looks cool, but they made all the art way way too busy.

Uh, that skill delay Tama better be very easy to acquire outside the MP shop, because that's broken as hell if only some players can buy such a critical skill.

Beat Tengu on master once, then failed twice. No drop. Will probably go back to waiting for Descend Carnival.

Scraped up one last roll last night and pulled Tsubaki. Anybody found a good use for her yet? I wish she had something useful in place of that light OE awakening.

Azusa

Beat Tengu on Legend... used 4 stones. I hate this cost restricted dungeon so much. I hope its the last time I needed to run this one.

But now I have everything for Awoken Susano.

razterik

Stupid, what made SBR so terrifying was the complete inability to deal with it.

Lmao get fukt Z8 who's gonna do 7 combos now bitch

Skill bind still dominates the game, essentially making cards with the resist awakening the only top tier leaders.

The problem with skill delay resist latents is that it presents two future choices. It stays at the same annoyance level and continues to plague normal players while MP spenders get to completely ignore it. Or the delay creeps up significantly from a couple turns to potentially 30 or more, absolutely destroying normal players and again slightly challenging MP spenders. Both these options suck.

hermit7

Skill bind still dominates the game, essentially making cards with the resist awakening the only top tier leaders.

The problem with skill delay resist latents is that it presents two future choices. It stays at the same annoyance level and continues to plague normal players while MP spenders get to completely ignore it. Or the delay creeps up significantly from a couple turns to potentially 30 or more, absolutely destroying normal players and again slightly challenging MP spenders. Both these options suck.

Yeah maybe make them have the chance of preventing the increase. Maybe 10% per latent would make it more fair. At that point there would be a 50 % chance of it being prevented. Though they would have to increase their availability if they did that.

smbu2000

Wow, that skill delay resist is super useful. Just give like 2 of them to A.Ra or Vegito and then you can take out Z8 without having to do those 6 combos for 2 turns.

30 turns? I thought the skill delay resist only applies to the character that has it, not the entire team. For example, if a boss used a 1 turn delay on the team and your A.Ra had 1 then he would resist 1 turn, but everybody else would still lose that turn.

razterik

Oh, I'm dumb and missed that it's per card. Hmm, that's better than I thought. Still concerned about the presentation, though. I wouldn't mind as much if there was some other way of achieving skill delay resist, either through an awakening limited to certain cards or some sort of active skill shield. Having to buy a critical defensive skill rankles. Imagine if it was defensive shields, delays or skill bind resist locked off this way.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hmm..why are we assuming that skill delay resist will be MP shop exclusive ? The other latents can be farmed via Invades as well or not ?

Dont really care if only whales can afford those Latents as long as the dungeons are manageable without them. Just one of many things that will be done easier and faster if you can buy stuff from the MP Shop...nothing really new.

PS: My Meimei Team is more or less finished - only improvement would be Kaede instead of Satsuki, but i dont have her. Now i have to take a look on which Decs i can use the team. RCV is horrible, but i can use a active like every round.

quickmemo_2015-10-12-cmje2.png

Also working on A. Hades cheese team now that i have Satuski.
Edit:
Bestcat <3. Looked for Ceres friends, didnt see single. Decided to take a try with Bestcat.
Based Bastet !!!

I think YamaP just takes that with him everywhere he goes. I'd figure Murai would have a huge picture with a wider smile on the wall somewhere.

Negator

Three Tengu. Should I farm a fourth just in case Gungho pulls a fast one on me? I have Orochi and Yomi, and an extra just in case I roll Susano, and was going to get another just to be safe.

I pretty much plan on never having to farm him again.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
^^^ if you have a Zuoh you can run Meimei system easily
Heh yeah if I ever pull Zuoh I will have the right subs for him.
Three Tengu. Should I farm a fourth just in case Gungho pulls a fast one on me? I have Orochi and Yomi, and an extra just in case I roll Susano, and was going to get another just to be safe.

I pretty much plan on never having to farm him again.
There will be enough opportunities to get him again if you need him in the future. Descend Carnival arriving here before you pull a potential REM Unit is more likely. So yeah I think 3 is enough... For now.

Kyuur

Ugh, keep botching my Tengu runs. Stuff like accidentally moving an orb, forgetting to activate my damage boost. :| Very frustrating since I know I can easily do it.

donjezzy

finally got to hypermax my nephthys. still not strong for the some of the higher tier descendeds, but can easily do most of them. js hoping her ult.evo gets announced for jp this week.

This was honestly my first thought.
Same here. A couple would also pair well with haste monsters like Shiva Dragon. Avoid skill delay and pop haste active to instantly activate the rest of the team. Gonna be annoying for players who max-latented their monsters, only to have to overwrite them already. Especially if they bought the expensive resists.

hermit7

Well was able to run village a bunch of times. I am not sure it is more effective than retreat, but was fairly desperate for awakenings.

Finished up a.karin, susano, ares, and Ame. For a total of 16 or so awakenings. A couple I only needed one for, and after I max out susano he will be able to get thrown onto Bastet.

I only wish I had more piis to skill him.

Negator

I'm going to spend so much stamina farming rainbow keepers. They are bottlenecking me badly. Hopefully I can free up a bunch of space evolving a bunch of stuff.

Rixa

Heh yeah if I ever pull Zuoh I will have the right subs for him.

If you do get and youre planning something with Zuoh, just toss a message here / ingame. I got 2 Zuohs and frankly no clue what to do with them. Other one is evolved (level 1 tho) but not awoken. But if I see reason to level him & max awoken Ill do it and put it to leader place. Not sure what subs Zuoh should have either, prolly missing most of them.

Edit: Maybe I should add Muse often to party if there is no SBR dungeon. Floor 5/6 was really easy thanks to Muse skill.

Ducarmel

New star vault really is a guaranteed +egg for each floor.

Ran it a couple of times did die once because of stupidity, but if have any 16x team and can one shot every floor its doable.

I finally got an Awoken Ra team together. He's super fun to play, but I'm not exactly swimming in Ra friends. Any gaffers out there that keep up a hypermax Awoken Ra that I could best friend? My leads are usually a hyper Bastet and a near-hyper Verdandi. Let me know if you're interested.

I should probably work on an A.Shiva team. Took my incomplete build into Refive just for funsies and completely crushed the dungeon. His damage output is just crazy.

hermit7

New star vault really is a guaranteed +egg for each floor.

Ran it a couple of times did die once because of stupidity, but if have any 16x team and can one shot every floor its doable.

What is the stone percentage for it per hyper then? 15? That is pretty good at 200 stamina.

Ducarmel

What is the stone percentage for it per hyper then? 15? That is pretty good at 200 stamina.

Yeah assuming you can run this under a minute. You can max egg a card in an hour. I imagine when this gets a coin dungeon option for like 100 million, whales will hyper their whole box.

Gunho really should add in a skip animation and or 2x speed animation option.

Caspel pls pass it on!

edit: :( Caspel has not posted in this thread for like 8 months.

I finally got an Awoken Ra team together. He's super fun to play, but I'm not exactly swimming in Ra friends. Any gaffers out there that keep up a hypermax Awoken Ra that I could best friend? My leads are usually a hyper Bastet and a near-hyper Verdandi. Let me know if you're interested.
A.Ra is my go-to "hard" dungeon lead. So I have him up somewhat often but he gets bumped a lot by Shiva Dragon and Rodin especially on farm days. I at least try to keep him in my BF slot in that case. I rarely use Wood leaders though.

If you want to add. 380,833,292

Negator

To make up for going 0/8 on Kaede the game decided to be nice and went 5/8 on Liu Bei. Thank god. Now the rest of today's stamina can go to Rainbow Keepers.

J0dy77

Failed Challenge level 7 a couple times due to the annoyance that is Awoken Sophdet. Really hate the too much damage mechanic. Skyfalls giving me 10+ combos when I only matched four, so annoying.

Switched over to Urd/Shiva Dragon and walked over the dungeon. Love that team.

Kyu

Neo Member

You can add me. 320,745,218. Usually have a +297 A. Ra up

Also have an Bastet but she is nowhere near 297

jay23

Sopdet is not annoying for me anymore I use my awoken Shiva team. Never do any TPAs against her and when HP is still on light never match more than one set of dark orbs (depending on your team). I don't have many pluses so that probably helps too.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Yeah assuming you can run this under a minute. You can max egg a card in an hour. I imagine when this gets a coin dungeon option for like 100 million, whales will hyper their whole box.

Gunho really should add in a skip animation and or 2x speed animation option.

Caspel pls pass it on!

edit: :( Caspel has not posted in this thread for like 8 months.

I'm still around! Most of my time is spent in the off topic as of late. I check in every once in awhile to see how everyone is doing with P&D, but don't want to muck up the thread with any derailing by posting.

hermit7

Sopdet is not annoying for me anymore I use my awoken Shiva team. Never do any TPAs against her and when HP is still on light never match more than one set of dark orbs (depending on your team). I don't have many pluses so that probably helps too.

For sopdet.

I have 3 plussed one hyper, one at about 210 and friend hyper. Matching 3 with a four combo Keeps it under 200000. You have 4 turns to whittle him down, so there is some time.

The four combo takes him to about 30% so you have leeway.

bjork

Finally got my first evolution for the light Kali. I just couldn't get the light keeper guy to appear. So I evolved her and now I see there's another tier to go. For now, I'll stick with my attacker team, I think.

I'm still around! Most of my time is spent in the off topic as of late. I check in every once in awhile to see how everyone is doing with P&D, but don't want to muck up the thread with any derailing by posting.
What would you possibly derail the thread with!

Also sorry if we seem overly negative about the game sometimes, it's just the standard grognards.txt that you get from enfranchised players

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
What would you possibly derail the thread with!

Also sorry if we seem overly negative about the game sometimes, it's just the standard grognards.txt that you get from enfranchised players

Derail it with company news talk that wouldn't be as organic since it would be coming from me XD

Having you check-in every once in awhile wouldn't strike me as derailing. We do copy and paste your godfest announcement and other important things right from your facebook so it can't be any worse than that, right?

razterik

As much as I can be the Grumpy Gus of the thread, it's great to have an official presence check in now and again. Even if the only thing you can do is offer unofficial comments or cryptic hints and teases. I have a lot of respect for the NA branch's efforts, even if I don't always enjoy the outcomes.

Top Bottom