• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

I just ran Beautiful Evolution guerrilla dungeon for the first time and got zero drops for 99 stamina. Is that normal? The only thing I got was the stone for running it.

Azusa

I hope that's enough to max one Andro. Now I need to farm evo mats. Why not just change it and make it drop in the evolved form? It's boring.

BwWHT3h.png

hermit7

I just ran Beautiful Evolution guerrilla dungeon for the first time and got zero drops for 99 stamina. Is that normal? The only thing I got was the stone for running it.

I ran it a couple times and got 1 once and 2 the next. Drop rates are apparently quite abysmal.

Sopdet looks like the real winner for the new REM.

Edit: Round 2. So they're buffing the other Sonias by forgetting about them and making totally new cards.

Quantum

Edit: Round 2. So they're buffing the other Sonias by forgetting about them and making totally new cards.

Makes me sad.

I guess no reason not to feed away my blonia now.

- also don't like that the special REMs don't offer easy ways to skill up what you do roll. I haev a skilled regular pandora and a summer pandora - Since I've skilled my previous pandora I never use the unskilled special one.

- I doubt I'll be rolling in this special REM (I always say that), but might be serious as I see no real new game play changes in the newly offered REM rolls - and the New Bloina? 14 turn cool down doesn't seem that great, and the 6+ combo bonus is just crap if you run the old blonia as a row leader.

linsivvi

You guys complain about the Sonias, but what about the other under-powered Godfest exclusives?

I mean, I have a GGY sitting in my box....

Quantum

You guys complain about the Sonias, but what about the other under-powered Godfest exclusives?

I mean, I have a GGY sitting in my box....

I had 5 ggy when nothing else would drop for me - evo'd one in hopes it would become relevant. In some respects GGY was even more of a troll - a GFE that got pulled from the GFE list and sold to the MP shop for less. Double suck.

my complaint is two fold - I have a useless 6* GFE hypermaxed in my box that I don't want to feed because it was my first and I don't have another 6* replacement.

second, then new special REM cards are kinda just released to die or become unused without dedicated skill ups.

(what ever happened with angels 2? how screwed do I feel rolling for them...)

razterik

I think there's more Halloween cards coming tomorrow. Which is good, because aside from silvers Hopdet and HIza, I'm not terribly interested. HKali art is quite nice, but I'm struggling to think where I'd use her over Light Kali. Maybe if she had something a little more than 25x.

Looking forward to balance changes. Lots of cards getting left behind lately.

Ducarmel

Yeah they did a mass buff before, more then a year ago when they gave a bunch of REM cards extra awakenings, additional skills to actives.

I also recall one when a bunch of stuff got ultimate evos but people complained about the stats like 2 years ago but maybe it was only for certain cards.

Halloween cards look great but also possibly skippable for me. DLKali actually makes a great sub on A.Ra for players who haven't rolled DKali, arguably even better if you're not concerned about having all 5 colors bind-immune. No Hearts to dilute the board and 2 TPAs for massive Dark damage. Blonia gets her Beelz helper.

Players with 1 or both Kalis probably don't need her, but DLKali is an awesome MP shop monster for players that don't have them. They can even be bought in multiples if needed.

Jagernaut

Halloween cards look great but also possibly skippable for me. DLKali actually makes a great sub on A.Ra for players who haven't rolled DKali, arguably even better if you're not concerned about having all 5 colors bind-immune. No Hearts to dilute the board and 2 TPAs for massive Dark damage. Blonia gets her Beelz helper.

Players with 1 or both Kalis probably don't need her, but DLKali is an awesome MP shop monster for players that don't have them. They can even be bought in multiples if needed.

How much will she cost in mp? I don't have any Kalis and would love some for my Awoken Ra team. With my luck I would probably pull some Kalis right after I buy a D/L Kali.

Kyuur

How much will she cost in mp? I don't have any Kalis and would love some for my Awoken Ra team. With my luck I would probably pull some Kalis right after I buy a D/L Kali.

Likely 300k, that's what Claire was in JP I think.

PDX says she is both buyable and get-able from the REM. Kind of neat, since it means if you want her you can roll, sell off the stuff you don't want and have a chance of nabbing her early while picking up secondaries you might want in the process.

J0dy77

I've heard this is very common, I only got one drop from the dungeon as well. I think the intent was for the challenge and ability to clear the dungeon. I'll take the stone for 99 stamina trade.

Makes me sad.

I guess no reason not to feed away my blonia now.

- also don't like that the special REMs don't offer easy ways to skill up what you do roll. I haev a skilled regular pandora and a summer pandora - Since I've skilled my previous pandora I never use the unskilled special one.

- I doubt I'll be rolling in this special REM (I always say that), but might be serious as I see no real new game play changes in the newly offered REM rolls - and the New Bloina? 14 turn cool down doesn't seem that great, and the 6+ combo bonus is just crap if you run the old blonia as a row leader.
Doesn't she have the same skill as regular Pandora? Imagine pulling something like beach Sonia on the last day and struggling to farm her special dungeon exclusive skill ups lol.

Ult Ronia is row based too and 6+ combos isn't a big issue for her. The issue is that Ult Ronia is already considered too weak offensively. The haste active and dark main is probably not enough to pull HSonia into "good lead" territory. Especially since she loses the RCV boost and it will be tough to find friends.

And at least wait after this:

before deciding to feed away a 6* GFE you don't have dupes of.

razterik

Before people get too excited for HKali, remember we could very well be looking at another Claire situation where she's only an MP shop purchase for JP and NA plebs are stuck rolling 10+ packs for her.

Before people get too excited for HKali, remember we could very well be looking at another Claire situation where she's only an MP shop purchase for JP and NA plebs are stuck rolling 10+ packs for her.
Possible but wasn't that only because we still hadn't gotten the MP shop before the summer event was over?

One of the reasons DKali is considered better than LKali is because she makes hearts, so I wouldn't quite go as far as saying HalloKali is better than her, but she is great no doubt.

smbu2000

Dark Lkali? So does she have LKali's skill or Dkali's? Awakenings?

I'd prefer her to match Dkali. I already have 2 LKali's and I really want a Dkali. I'm pretty sure I can get enough MP to get her. She is definitely high on my priority list.

Edit: if you are on the JP server make sure you use your BFF as they will be reset very very soon (half day). I used mine on a friend who runs a hyper Kite and hyper Levi. Very nice since I don't have many Levi friends at the moment.

Ah, just saw her card picture. She's basically just LKali except being D/L instead of L/R, Devil instead of Healer, Stats are the same, active skill is the same and leader skill has the same active colors except that she also boosts HP/RCV for gods/devils instead of the ATK boost for 6 plus combos.
She'd still be useful on a Ra team and would cover dark. Not sure if I would use her as a leader though.
Why is she 8 stars instead of 7 like LKali?

I wish she was more like DKali.

razterik

Possible but wasn't that only because we still hadn't gotten the MP shop before the summer event was over?

Maybe, but there's never been any explanation and there's been plenty of opportunities for them to bring her to the NA MP shop since.

Waited till last minute, but went for the Shiva Dragon on my JP account. Got the good stuff for him, so figured it was more logical than going for a random MP buy that I might regret. I'm sure some killer MP Halloween card will get announced now, heh.

Dark Lkali? So does she have LKali's skill or Dkali's? Awakenings?

I'd prefer her to match Dkali. I already have 2 LKali's and I really want a Dkali. I'm pretty sure I can get enough MP to get her. She is definitely high on my priority list.

She's based on Light Kali, same active, stats and awakenings as the ult version. Only she's Dark/Light and has a different lead skill, like Santa Kirin.

A Dark Kali in MP store would be instant buy for half the player base.

HalloKali

LOL. I like this a lot.

J0dy77

One of the reasons DKali is considered better than LKali is because she makes hearts, so I wouldn't quite go as far as saying HalloKali is better than her, but she is great no doubt.

D. Kali better than L. Kali? What alternate universe is this going on in? lol

D. Kali active is such a troll. Drives me crazy. Oh, and no double prongs on dark.

D. Kali better than L. Kali? What alternate universe is this going on in? lol
Hearts are almost always useful. The extra healing comes in handy in tougher dungeons and you can always combo with a heartbreaker if you need a burst. On top of that, DKali is unbindable.

LKali is still the better, more practical lead but DKali is arguably the better sub.

Ducarmel

I looked closely at Halloween Kali art I did not realize both of them are in there earlier I thought it was some flower stuff on the left. they should fix it a bit to make both of them stand out equally.

I could use Halloween Kali on my jp account I don't have any Kali's, but I am 100000 mp short, assuming it will cost 300000. I could easily get it by selling Bonia and Bodin but those 2 cards could easily be part of the buffs that are coming. I also lose 2 subs that could be used If I decide I want to make that row based I&I team. I do have ninjas, wizards, knights, etc that i dont use I could sell those but they could be part of the buffs too.

jay23

I'm so terrible at this game I keep choking on challenge level 9, failed 2 straight times on defoud.

Hopefully buffs include new uevos for cards that need it. Or at the very least replace stat enhance awakenings with something more useful.

Negator

It's amazing how I could barely beat Sphinx on Legend a few months ago and now I can farm Mythical with a 100% clear rate now. Skuld pretty much wrecks that dungeon.

If dark lkali comes to us PaD I will be buying her. I figured out a way to make 300k work, so I would do it and beggar myself. Not having that active ruins my A.Ra team.

also Zhou yu, why does she need level 70 before she evolves? Seriously? I would have burnt a present dragon on her if I had realized it when she was level 7. I just want my awoken Haku! So many jewels of dark waiting on her...

Negator

Is anyone else kind of disappointed by the Halloween REM? The only ones that I really want are Kali, S&T, and strangely enough, Alarune.

razterik

I haven't seen confirmation that they're done announcing cards? It would be weird compared to previous special event REMs if Honia was the only 7 star roll.

HKali was the last one and she's 8 star.

Edit: I forgot beach REM had 2 7 stars. I read on PF they said Kali was the last one, but I can't seem to find that anywhere else.

Edit 2: Murako's twitter said Kali's the last one before she was revealed, so that's it I guess.

J0dy77

Hearts are almost always useful. The extra healing comes in handy in tougher dungeons and you can always combo with a heartbreaker if you need a burst. On top of that, DKali is unbindable.

LKali is still the better, more practical lead but DKali is arguably the better sub.

I've been trolled too many times by dark kali flooding the board with too many hearts. L. Kali active brings so much more damage and didn't require the combo. I've had times where her active played itself and only had to move a few orbs.

Don't get me wrong, I love them both but l. Kali will always have my heart.

c5HCQ4r.jpg

US7pYa1.jpg

Another dungeon where Genie shows some usefulness. The penultimate battle against Starling is actually the most annoying part, just like Sopdet. I hate high damage absorbers that are obviously created to thwart a few select leaders like A.Ra. Means I can't proc Ra at all after a skill activation because it's a guaranteed heal for the enemy.

Rixa

^^ Uh what, if the art is nice I might buy some stones :eek:. I was planning to do few (2-3) in Halloween rem cause the art is really nice. Prolly not getting anything useful.

What is the situation with Android 6.00 update. Have they patched or is PAD still unplayable if I update my phone to 6.00?

Top Bottom