• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

FF collab has been really left behind, only Cloud is still kind of good. Not worth rolling unless they drop some ultimates and that's not happening till JP gets it again. Crystal Defenders would be more exciting.

Wow, the Halloween REM is stuffed with a ton of horrible rolls. Archdemons, Magicians, Fairy Tale. Good thing most of it blows, I won't be tempted for more than maybe a pack, if anything. Either way, the NA release is likely delayed (a week?) beyond JP.

hermit7

Any uses for Indra, had the mats during gold metals, and decided to evolved and ult him. His Damage reduction seems like it could be useful, but that seems to be the extent of his uses.

He and vritra both have seemed to be shafted when it comes to evos.

Rixa

Sofar only place where I have "really" used Vritra uevo is "Corpse-Wyrm" dungeon. But other than that it is one of those I have it, dont need it units. Too many of those, hopefully that +100 units boost gives some life to different units.

Edit:
EU after update, when clicking "Dungeon" it goes to new screen:
7-image.png

Edit2: Hooray I can see the damagenumbers \o_

Quantum

Is anybody having difficulty connecting on iOS

for about 75 minutes last night between 10:30 - 11:45 EST.

- it happens once and awhile, mostly in the early afternoon for me - perfect internet connection (Fios/fiberoptic 50/50) and the server is unreachable.

- doubt there is any reason to fix it, or apologize - it doesn't happen daily and I just rotate to another game for awhile until they fix the servers.

Wow, the Halloween REM is stuffed with a ton of horrible rolls. Archdemons, Magicians, Fairy Tale. Good thing most of it blows, I won't be tempted for more than maybe a pack, if anything. Either way, the NA release is likely delayed (a week?) beyond JP.
Well, that's one way to completely destroy any hype for Halloween REM. One of the reasons I'm okay with dumping stones in the special REMs despite the unlikeliness of getting something really good is the lower probability of getting shitty dupe golds that I usually get from the regular REM. With the newer GFEs that I don't have, the regular REM is getting more tempting as a stone sink anyway.

I'll wait to see the JP pull data before making my final decision but this looks like a pass at the moment.

Rixa

for about 75 minutes last night between 10:30 - 11:45 EST.

- it happens once and awhile, mostly in the early afternoon for me - perfect internet connection (Fios/fiberoptic 50/50) and the server is unreachable.

- doubt there is any reason to fix it, or apologize - it doesn't happen daily and I just rotate to another game for awhile until they fix the servers.

Iam not sure if its related to this, but we are getting 1 stone compensation.
Gungho NA FB

Gungho NA FB said:
Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Connection Issue Compensation Notice*
[Distribution Period]: 10/15 (Thurs) 4:00 AM - 10/17 (Sat), 3:59 AM (PDT)

*UPDATED*
Players who purchased coin dungeons during the hours of 5:15 PM and 7:25 PM on 10/14 (Wed) will receive an ingame mail with their coin refunded after the maintenance.

Yesterday it was confirmed that there was a connection issue preventing players from accessing dungeons and performing key actions within the game. This issue has been corrected and should no longer be present within the game.

In response to this error, 1 Magic stone will be made available to all players via in-game message during a set distribution period.

In addition, players who purchased coin dungeons during the hours of 5:15PM and 7:25PM on 10/14 (Wed) will have their coins refunded at a to be determined date. The Gold Dragon Infestation may also be rescheduled.

Please be aware that if the distribution period has passed, the Magic Stone compensation will be no longer available.

For further details on this issue, please see the original announcement: http://on.fb.me/1GHWWM3

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.

razterik

Any uses for Indra, had the mats during gold metals, and decided to evolved and ult him. His Damage reduction seems like it could be useful, but that seems to be the extent of his uses.

God version ult of Indra is one of the best subs when max skilled. Even earns a place on Ra Dragon, probably the best lead in the game right now.

Devil ult Vritra is great for quick farming and a decent dark booster in a pinch.

Edit:
EU after update, when clicking "Dungeon" it goes to new screen:

Edit2: Hooray I can see the damagenumbers o_

Oh man, that lack of dungeon tab is so irritating.

Rixa

God version ult of Indra is one of the best subs when max skilled. Even earns a place on Ra Dragon, probably the best lead in the game right now.

Devil ult Vritra is great for quick farming and a decent dark booster in a pinch.

Yeah, Iam not happy about that dungeon tab change, it was so fast to change dungeon set earlier.

Uggh, this Halloween REM looks gross. I kind of want to roll for the 4* Halloweens, with the hope of getting a chibivalk or Halraune, but even that feels like a bad idea with all these junk cards floating around.

Kyuur

Jewel I wanted on second try! :) That makes three free stones today too, pretty sweet.

Damage numbers are finally readable too, praise GungHo!

Where are you guys seeing the Halloween REM stuff (the chibis and what-not)?

I am legitimately amazed at how awful they were able to make that lineup. All of the special REMs are pretty bad, but that's a whole new level of terrible. At least they made the choice to spend stones on 10x descends easy.

I am legitimately amazed at how awful they were able to make that lineup. All of the special REMs are pretty bad, but that's a whole new level of terrible. At least they made the choice to spend stones on 10x descends easy.
Hera-Sowilo is back in coin dungeons too. I'm ready to fall asleep running coin dungeons again

hermit7

Max skilling him is the issue, don't want to use jewels, I guess I could use the insect dragons to get him skilled up but I have other things that I need to do still well before I level let alone skill him.

I have been working on my light monsters a little bit more, when j started gold dragons came once every 2 months and as a result I have maybe 5 max levelled light monsters and they are all leads so I am working on Apollo who was sitting in my box since day 2 of 750. I need to finish levelling Karin as well, I have a decent the for her ready, kirin/apollo/chibi valk/lkali/a. Susano/ friend kirin although I really prefer combo leads to color matching ones.

Also Descended carnival needs to come. I have 2 Haku sitting there waiting to be awoken but I don't have the desire to beat xuangzang while it is cost restricted.

Quantum

Why run rubys when Super King Carnival is today? Whether you want supers or just feed exp, it's better unless you are only trying to spend excess stamina.

purely for ares. I had decent luck with my last run - 6 stones got 21 super red which got 7 skill ups, which I think is a great ratio. (at 236 stamina with a rank up and a bit of extra exp I ran it 36 times - I think)

Super carnival doesn't guarantee red drop correct? at 88 sta per I guess I could run it to see what the ratio drop is compared to the last ruby run, but I thik it would be hard to beat.

bjork

I got the red trophy thing I need for evolving light Kali, now I just need the two keepers and I think that's it. It's been about 100ish days and I still feel like I'm playing it wrong somehow.

Evolved my dark Xuanzang, so now it's just Zhau Yu and her ridiculous level 70 evolve for awoken Haku.

After that I guess it's mats for awoken Kirin. I'll wait on awoken susano until after I get those.

If we get Halloween Kali I am buying her. Got rid of a bunch of extras today and have 170k. I will have to go lean in order to get it but I NEED her active for my awoken Ra team.

Seriously L Kali and my skills would make my A Ra team incredibly viable.

Negator

Even with the background effects off, I managed to fail Chauchemar on legend because of the horrendous lag. That doesn't feel good at all!

Quantum

Two Ares completely skilled. averaged about a stone and half per skill - guess its worth it, the Shiva dragon team with ares is pretty amazing - debating if + eggs are needed (versus + egging a different team)

I have a third ares, but a hypermaxed urd is more useful for most things.

I was time screwed with ruby so only got about 40 minutes - then dropped a bunch of stones in gathering - ruby was much better for drops because of invades. I had terrible luck with gathering and have a bunch of left overs - not sure if I'm going to use the drops for exp or to try to skill the unused other gods

Rixa

Iam wondering should I try to use all my sta (for these few days) in search of Red Jewel from Gift of the Lifetime, or grab the next Jewel. So far used 250 sta and opponents have been:

- 4 Light Jewels
- 1 Green Jewel

Stupid rng is stupid :(.

hermit7

Iam wondering should I try to use all my sta (for these few days) in search of Red Jewel from Gift of the Lifetime, or grab the next Jewel. So far used 250 sta and opponents have been:

- 4 Light Jewels
- 1 Green Jewel

Stupid rng is stupid :(.

Try cauchumar today. Farmed one earlier so I can get leilan tomorrow when I get a red spirit to drop.

Otherwise it is not useful to burn the stamina.

Rixa

Try cauchumar today. Farmed one earlier so I can get leilan tomorrow when I get a red spirit to drop.

Otherwise it is not useful to burn the stamina.

Sad thing is that Cauchermar is kinda hard for my setup. I have once cleared (Legend) difficulty. But I grab next Jewel whatever comes, its not like I need Fire Jewel "now" for my Awoken Shiva. Phoenix & Theurgia are still at low level.

Edit: Grabbed Dark Jewel, nice cause I need 3 for Awoken Haku and now I have 2.

Um...when did Sky Prison turn into 7x6? Is it a permanent change?

My skillup rate today has been crazy good. 5/6 Andromeda. 2/2 Kanna (who was 3/4 last Friday). Tsubaki went 0/2 but I can forgive her.

Yeah this whole event has been a boon for skillups. Just during this event I've maxed Satsuki, Kanna, Typhon, Sumire, A.Leilan, A.Karin, Bonia, Tsubaki, A.Meimei, Liu Bei, and a few others I know I'm missing. And not a single Py used.

Yay! We are getting the Kali in the MP shop! So I'm buying her!

Really, I need that active for A.Ra. It makes her more viable on no continue descends.

I had to get rid of almost all my extra REM pulls (projects and teams were safe) but I think she will be worth it.

Watch this I'll do a curtesy pull and get her on Monday... Not sure if I would be happy or sad (because I dropped so many REM monsters)

Quantum

Yay! We are getting the Kali in the MP shop! So I'm buying her!

Really, I need that active for A.Ra. It makes her more viable on no continue descends.

I had to get rid of almost all my extra REM pulls (projects and teams were safe) but I think she will be worth it.

Watch this I'll do a curtesy pull and get her on Monday... Not sure if I would be happy or sad (because I dropped so many REM monsters)

- as an 8* in a special rem the drop rate is 0.1%, I would be shocked if you pulled her on one roll.

- none of these cards will help any of my teams, I have to keep repeating that to myself.

- as an 8* in a special rem the drop rate is 0.1%, I would be shocked if you pulled her on one roll.

- none of these cards will help any of my teams, I have to keep repeating that to myself.

Very true!

I also just realized that I need another Zhau Yu for awoken Kirin... I hate that she takes level 70 to evolve... At least A Kirin isn't here yet...(and I'm still debating the double ultimate devolution for her)

J0dy77

Credits to gungho on this event. It feels like it has been going on forever and stones are raining all over the place. Two sets of challenge dungeons to soak up the piis.

Well done gungho.

Jagernaut

I'm disappointed in Halloween Vampire Lord. He could have been a good substitute for Dark Valk (which I don't have) but his typing and awakenings are inferior. Compare to mini Valk who is actually really good and only 5 stars.

Kyuur

Is it just me or is Halloween Alraune.. pretty good? Bind resistant, 2x SBR, 4 turn bind clear and haste on a pretty low cooldown. Maybe not top tier but a pretty good devil SBR choice.

Jagernaut

Is it just me or is Halloween Alraune.. pretty good? Bind resistant, 2x SBR, 4 turn bind clear and haste on a pretty low cooldown. Maybe not top tier but a pretty good devil SBR choice.

She is pretty good. Only 5 skillups needed and you can get those from the Halloween dungeon.

So I've been seeing talk about another player's choice godfest coming up soonish. How are PCGFs compared to normal 3x godfests if you're hunting for anything in particular? Specifically, I'm wondering how my chances of rolling a D Kali would be in a PCGF compared to normal.

So I've been seeing talk about another player's choice godfest coming up soonish. How are PCGFs compared to normal 3x godfests if you're hunting for anything in particular? Specifically, I'm wondering how my chances of rolling a D Kali would be in a PCGF compared to normal.
Actually worse than usual, since there's so many other things also getting boosted odds.

I love players choice godfest.

Hopefully they do it like last time, every pops out at max level and you are just as likely to get evolved versions as not evolved versions of included gods.

jay23

PCGF is good when you need a lot of different gods.

Yup best time to roll if you're new to the game and need some good leaders. I remember getting really lucky in my first pcgf might get even better rolls now since they removed a lot of trash.

Jagernaut

I haven't heard anything, but is PAD compatible to Marshmallow yet?
Don't remember seeing an announcement telling us not to update to 6.0

The newest update still doesn't support 6.0.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Notice Regarding Android 6.0 Marshmallow Compatibility*

Currently, Puzzle & Dragons supports Android 4.3 - 5.1. Please note that the game is not yet compatible with the upcoming Android 6.0 release, and upgrading your device to Android 6.0 will cause Puzzle & Dragons to crash upon launch, rendering it unplayable.

Android 6.0 compatibility will be in a later update. Further information will be announced here as details become available, but in the meantime please refrain from updating to Android 6.0 if you wish to continue playing Puzzle & Dragons.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

*If you have questions regarding the current OS in use or on how to update the OS, please contact Google or the device manufacturer.
*Please perform OS updates at your own discretion.
Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo's Photos in Timeline Photos · Oct 1 ·
View Full Size

Top Bottom