• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thoughts?
Assuming you have A.Haku... I would work on You and your dark subs first. Once we get Sakuya you will be able some of the subs for a dark based A.Sakuya squad as well. Best of both worlds and different playstyle between both leads.

I'm missing Haku so I can't run a really good Yolo team.... But I will def. run Sakuya - ever really could get into Ra. Matching 5 colors for any kind of damage was just too annoying compared to other leaders I play.
Good have everything ready for ammy. Need tengu for yomi but have zero teams that can do it. Maybe asuka?
I did it with GYP who has a similar Leaders kill. If you have good subs and orb changers you should have too much issues. Just bring along a unit like Ra Tamadra to clear stage 4.

J0dy77

Are you going to skill up Z8. I couldn't imagine feeding him away after skilling him up.

That said you probably can't go wrong with Yomi. He seems super strong as a leader, and you can use him as a sub in the dark-focused Kirin team some people are using for arena.

I am and I would depending on his status in game at the time. I have beelzebub hypermaxed after feeding him 5 piis but his time is done. His replacement is almost max but won't be max skill. I guess it is a pretty big difference with z8, he's going to be a nightmare to max skill.

I'll probably end up focusing on the yomi team since it is a different style from the color match teams. I already have Ra and horus for that roll.

hermit7

I am happy that they are offering both to be honest. Jewels for awokens and piis for awoken skill ups.

I have 4 badpy in my box waiting on what to do with them, either bikinidora or hold them. I hate levelling and evoking mats for skills, while I do need a xuangzang for awoken haku still.

Or I could wait and use them for yomi when he comes out for his board enhance and extra time. It is a hard call to make.

razterik

Ra - have 220 eggs on l. Kali already and 50 or so on ra and dark kali. I could dump all of them here and be be very close to a full 297 team if I put them on sun quan and dark kali.

Yomi - could dump the 297 on yomi and 220 on zaerog8. Already have max skill dizanami and other strong dark cards.

Kirin - I was leaning towards yomi team before the kirin awoken was announced. Could give her the 297 and Apollo the 220.

I like dumping + eggs in farmable cards like z8, Beelzebub, echidna because I can always replace them as the meta shifts. Maybe I'll put them on dizanami and z8 and run yomi. This way I can always feed then away later. Thoughts?

Dark Izanami would be my first choice to +297 because she fits on all three of those teams and several other meta teams like Z8 and Shiva/Yomi Dragons if you get them.

Z8 is not a bad selection, either, but I don't think of him as best-in-slot until he's max skill. I'd wait until you've achieved that.

Dark Kali subs almost everywhere and is irreplaceable. A.Yomi is a little less valuable a sub, but a great lead. She uses the Iza and Z8 anyway, so plussing them is the same as her.

A.Sakuya is fine if you're leading with her in the future. Would not plus Apollo, he's only an okay sub for her and you don't seem to have much use for him outside that team.

I was wondering why the Descended Challenge reward list felt familiar -- this is actually Descended Challenge 5 that showed up a while back in JP. PADX getting the dungeon somewhat mixed up again.

Everyone happy we're still getting half piis is going to be crying about no piis next time during Descended Challenge 6, heh.

J0dy77

Dark Izanami would be my first choice to +297 because she fits on all three of those teams and several other meta teams like Z8 and Shiva/Yomi Dragons if you get them.

Z8 is not a bad selection, either, but I don't think of him as best-in-slot until he's max skill. I'd wait until you've achieved that.

Dark Kali subs almost everywhere and is irreplaceable. A.Yomi is a little less valuable a sub, but a great lead. She uses the Iza and Z8 anyway, so plussing them is the same as her.

A.Sakuya is fine if you're leading with her in the future. Would not plus Apollo, he's only an okay sub for her and you don't seem to have much use for him outside that team.

I was wondering why the Descended Challenge reward list felt familiar -- this is actually Descended Challenge 5 that showed up a while back in JP. PADX getting the dungeon somewhat mixed up again.

Everyone happy we're still getting half piis is going to be crying about no piis next time during Descended Challenge 6, heh.

Only thing holding me back from + dizanami is her awful awakenings. Plus I never seem to use her on current teams even though she's max skilled. Her awful rcv isn't worth the active. + eggs would fix that though.

I'm going to try out awoken yomi when we finally get the awoken and decide how I feel from there.

jay23

Not sure what to do with this guy

Dvj048R.jpg

Don't know what team you can put together with him as a leader. His active seems really good but I don't have any wood row monsters.

Pretty big PAD week for me. Hit 60 days, rolled Urd last god fest and already have a killer farming team with her that puts my old Nut team to shame. Made it to rank 150 for my memorial egg roll and got Yomi. I'm dreaming of running awoken Yomi, but I'm so far away from that. Nice to have an S tier lead in my box to grow in to.

Kyuur

:)

Evolving U&Y next week, then its just a matter of his super ult coming around. Really need to work on skilling everyone (particularly U&Y, Alfecca) and get some U&Y friends!

Don't know what team you can put together with him as a leader. His active seems really good but I don't have any wood row monsters.

If we ever get the HxH collab
we never will
, a great Gon sub? Other then that, I'd store him and wait for a great wood row leader to come along.

Rixa

:)
and get some U&Y friends!

Its a shame that my alt is on EU land, it has U & Y as leader (tho Iam mostly using Verdandi, since my U & Y subs kinda suck).

Funny looking that HREM machine, got gold egg and was kinda surprised to see TPA Lilith (artstyle is nice).

^^ Speaking of sucky U & Y subs, Chibi Lilith is one candidate to sub role now...

Negator

Spent every little bit of stamina possible trying to acquire and skill up an Echidna on my alt account. Came out with a Level 57 Echidna with Level 3 menace. Damn, fed so many Nagas.

hermit7

Ended up using 300,000 mp on hkali.

Figure she will be an a star on multiple teams, namely Ra (no Dkali) as well as awoken sakuya.

That team I think is going to be kirin/lkali/hkali/chibi valk/Indra/kirin

Indra is the flex spot and can be replaced with Apollo or another sub if needed, but I like his ability to reduce damage.

Thoughts?

scottnak

I still use Snow White in my LKali team. Low cost with heart making & bind heal helps with flexibility :D

Pulled her again and mini red sonia. hum hum

Also the Halloween Dungeon music is awesome :D

Rixa

I still use Snow White in my LKali team. Low cost with heart making & bind heal helps with flexibility :D

Good to hear, I have max leveled Shining Goddess of Secrets Kali (I need Keeper of Gold for uevo) and no clue about subs :).

Edit: If you want to toy around with PSG T&S, I did put it to first slot after giving some +eggs and one Globe + other exp stuff (got room to inventory):
Didnt have enough Tamas tho :(.

smbu2000

Rolled the Halloween REM twice on my iPad. 2 gold eggs! Mini Lilith and Mini LMeta...uhhh... I don't really use my regular D/L Lilith and I have 3 LMetas already. My main one is already max skilled with a decent amount of plus eggs and I use her on my Ra team. Mini LMeta will probably just rot in my box.

Finished Levi off the other day running Sowilo. Need to get used to playing with him as he's more like Horus instead of Vegito/Kite since you can't use hearts as one of the colors. That HP boost makes him very forgiving (tanky) though.

I've been continuing to run Sowilo (10x descend and the 1.5x coin dungeon drop bonus is nice!) and I've gotten my recently acquired LKali #2 up to over 170 plus eggs so far. Lagging far behind on ATK eggs though.

Adjusted my A.Ra team a bit. Currently with Ra/LKali/LKali/Yomi/LMeta. Everybody hyper except for LKali #2. Maybe I should try and plus my A.Isis next.

Haven't been trying as hard on my iPad, but I've gotten my A.Shiva to near 200 eggs.

cw_sasuke

Hmm..so thats the locked orb mechanics - this could really be trouble in some tougher dungeons. Board/orbchanger active might not necessarily mean instant kill with too many locked orbs.

I have him as well - will give him a try once i have used Tamadras on him. We should be getting Artemis GD soon so im looking forward the team. Glad that i didnt max skill Astaroth for nothing after all lol.
2 Silvers from Hrem its a trap.

Well I didnt have Snow White and the first pull is really nice :).
Nice...T&S is one of the best pulls in this machine.
Finished Levi off the other day running Sowilo. Need to get used to playing with him as he's more like Horus instead of Vegito/Kite since you can't use hearts as one of the colors. That HP boost makes him very forgiving (tanky) though.

I've been continuing to run Sowilo (10x descend and the 1.5x coin dungeon drop bonus is nice!) and I've gotten my recently acquired LKali #2 up to over 170 plus eggs so far. Lagging far behind on ATK eggs though.

Adjusted my A.Ra team a bit. Currently with Ra/LKali/LKali/Yomi/LMeta. Everybody hyper except for LKali #2. Maybe I should try and plus my A.Isis next.

Haven't been trying as hard on my iPad, but I've gotten my A.Shiva to near 200 eggs.
Good to see you Levi Hypermaxed.

Wondering when we will get the 10x Decs Events - seems like they are even better than 3x Normals/Star Vault. Which team did you use to farm Hera-Sowilo ? I think i could use my Verdandi team with a little modifcation to get through the stage fast....esp. once she gets her Uevo.

Cob32

Feel so dumb. Been playing up till rank40 and only just realised the idea of this game is to use one orb and shuffle together combos. Up till now I've just been matching any 3.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Did one pull. I can't remember the last time I wasn't screwed by special REM, but it's not today. Hope to use it sometime down the line.

Best dark unbinder, dedicated unbinder for DL Kali.

Feel so dumb. Been playing up till rank40 and only just realised the idea of this game is to use one orb and shuffle together combos. Up till now I've just been matching any 3.

Blame the tutorial...the tutorial simply does not elaborate the combo stuff good enough, or makes you be aware of this mechanism.
Some japs are really insanely good at making combos and cascading orbs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeU4KBQgw8

Anyway pulled the trigger and bought DL Kali...hopefully her power can justify the cost in C10 sometimes. So tempted to feed a +297 Kirin to her...or feed the +297 tamadra which is originally prepared for the Radragon.

Sopdet and Thoth is pretty good, better than many gold cards I think.

Anyone buying that MP Kaliween?

Ended up using 300,000 mp on hkali.

Figure she will be an a star on multiple teams, namely Ra (no Dkali) as well as awoken sakuya.

That team I think is going to be kirin/lkali/hkali/chibi valk/Indra/kirin
Thoughts?

As soon as I woke up this morning I bought my Halloween Kali. immediately fed her a tama and a dark Noel so I could get some production on her. Took over the flex spot on my A Ra team, and she will go on awoken Sakuya whenever I get around to her.

Jonsoncao

Banned
As soon as I woke up this morning I bought my Halloween Kali. immediately fed her a tama and a dark Noel so I could get some production on her. Took over the flex spot on my A Ra team, and she will go on awoken Sakuya whenever I get around to her.

Hey Zip, are we friends yet? Can you add me 348 285 288?

cw_sasuke

So I did a Yolo pull because everyone seems to be doing at least one.

Gold Egg. Halloween Blonia.

I don't have regular Blonia but I feel quite indifferent about her. Have to check on what she could be used on.

Edit:

Oh didn't realize she is a Dark unit... So are all the other Halloween units. Hmm...

I'm missing a orb changer for Yomi.

Ducarmel

Decided to do 3 pulls on my NA and 2 on my jp

On my Na I got H.Iza and 2x H.S&T, well I guess 2 cards that can do Xuanzang.

On my jp I did not get any Halloween cards, but I did get chibi valk, and belial. Will hold on to Belial to see what Gunho has in plan for the Archdemons. but getting Chibi Valk is pretty exciting for me.

So I got C.Valk and ilya for my A. Sakuya all I'm really missing is Kali, it really puts me closer to pulling the trigger and just sell cards to get H.Kali.

I might pull one more time on my jp later.

Hey Zip, are we friends yet? Can you add me 348 285 288?

We are not friends, yet. I just sent the invite. I have to say, I love seeing the +297 awoken shiva up!

Edit: I yolo rolled Halloween REM, got a chibi Ronia. I've kept some chibi monsters, but not all of them. Is she worth more as Monster Points? (Especially since I still have three Ronias?)

Jonsoncao

Banned
We are not friends, yet. I just sent the invite. I have to say, I love seeing the +297 awoken shiva up!

Edit: I yolo rolled Halloween REM, got a chibi Ronia. I've kept some chibi monsters, but not all of them. Is she worth more as Monster Points? (Especially since I still have three Ronias?)

IMO Chibi Ronia is worth more than regular Ronia in a Beelz/Ronia team. The ideal composition would be
Beelz/Chibi Ronia/Ronia/Pandora/Lu Bu+ Friend Ronia

In this case, because of the two fire rows provided by the Chibi version, even if you got orb trolled by Ronia, you still are able to pull an easy 2m-3m dmg on a fire heavy binary board (assuming all are hypermaxed).

With Ronia's active will be brought down to 12CD in the near future, this team would be up on turn 2.

hermit7

IMO Chibi Ronia is worth more than regular Ronia in a Beelz/Ronia team. The ideal composition would be
Beelz/Chibi Ronia/Ronia/Pandora/Lu Bu+ Friend Ronia

In this case, because of the two fire rows provided by the Chibi version, even if you got orb trolled by Ronia, you still are able to pull an easy 2m-3m dmg on a fire heavy binary board (assuming all are hypermaxed).

With Ronia's active will be brought down to 12CD in the near future, this team would be up on turn 2.

I agree with you, but unless you really need to burst more than one floor, I have found that other subs that provide orb changers are more ideal.

When running ronia I have been using Beelz,Pandora,lubu,Haku,hanzo,friend ronia. 8 rows, decent amount of skill boosts and still leigh rcv.

Now that dvalk has devil type I would probably switch her in for hanzo. More rcv and 2 tpa for clearing trash floors more easily.

cw_sasuke

It makes sense when you think about it

Heh yeah it does - didnt pay too much attention before because i wasnt planning to roll.

The more i think about it ..the more happy i am with Halloween Blonia. Yeah she is no A.Haku but she is better than my other boardchanger options.

Yomi - Z8/Satsuki/Halloween Blonia/Flex

For Flex i have Dark Iza, D/B Oku, Goetia. I would prefer D/B Oku even if he isnt skilled yet...then again only one orb changer probably isnt enough.

Kyuur

Down on third try! Died to keeper (accident) and Griffin (no wood orbs) the first two times. They res'd eachother a couple times near the end giving me time for Vishnu to come off bind (he got hit by Thoth both times) and wreck them.

Only 1 more Pi for max skill Orochi!

Quantum

So I did a Yolo pull because everyone seems to be doing at least one.

Gold Egg. Halloween Blonia.

I don't have regular Blonia but I feel quite indifferent about her. Have to check on what she could be used on.

Edit:

Oh didn't realize she is a Dark unit... So are all the other Halloween units. Hmm...

I'm missing a orb changer for Yomi.

your luck is absolutely insane.

seady

When is Descended Carnival going to come to US?
It will be the only way I will get a Tengu.... the regular stage is too hard.

I need Tengu for Ultimate Evo...

yami4ct

Was down on H. Kali compared to L. Kali for a while (mainly as light cards are better for my teams), but I just realized she lets you have 3 L. Kali actives on an A. Ra team as opposed to 2 L's and 1 D. That's actually kind of interesting.

I'll never afford her, but the theorycrafting is fun. It's nice for those who've never been able to pull a natural L. Kali. I've pulled 2 on each of my accounts, so the last thing I need is more L. Kali, but still cool.

Jagernaut

When is Descended Carnival going to come to US?
It will be the only way I will get a Tengu.... the regular stage is too hard.

I need Tengu for Ultimate Evo...

The lower difficulty is not that hard but only a 40% drop. I got 1 today for Awoken Yomi. I sacrificed the ultimate Tengu I already had to make Awoken Susano.

Jagernaut

Was down on H. Kali compared to L. Kali for a while (mainly as light cards are better for my teams), but I just realized she lets you have 3 L. Kali actives on an A. Ra team as opposed to 2 L's and 1 D. That's actually kind of interesting.

I'll never afford her, but the theorycrafting is fun. It's nice for those who've never been able to pull a natural L. Kali. I've pulled 2 on each of my accounts, so the last thing I need is more L. Kali, but still cool.

I hit 1000 days today and have never pulled a Kali (or Ltron). I only have 215k mp and can't spend it all on H Kali. I'll just hope to pull a L Kali eventually.

Top Bottom