• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

donjezzy

im open to bf someone who has water leads. over the past few weeks I gotten a karin, sarasvati and andromeda, but realized only one of my friends currently has a water lead lol. I usually keep a awoken shiva and a hypermax nephthys for farming in my two slots and keep my bf slot changed for request. if anyone is intrested lmk!

padherder.com/user/dman41s

Negator

im open to bf someone who has water leads. over the past few weeks I gotten a karin, sarasvati and andromeda, but realized only one of my friends currently has a water lead lol. I usually keep a awoken shiva and a hypermax nephthys for farming in my two slots and keep my bf slot changed for request. if anyone is intrested lmk!

padherder.com/user/dman41s

If youre interested, I have a 297 Skuld that is usually up. I have some grass leads too if you ever want to switch.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Negatorz

razterik

im open to bf someone who has water leads.

Are you sure you want to waste your BFF slot to a blue lead instead to zaerog8?

As the person who probably runs the most hyper blues here, I agree with the above. I've largely stopped using my blues outside goofing around because they don't have much endgame viability besides Neptune Dragon teams right now. You've got several variations of Z8 teams that will take you far further than a largely unskilled and unplussed blue box. But there is some major commitment required either way. You will have to max skill some cards like A.Haku/Pandora/Satsuki, pick up key sub Dark Izanami and skill up and ultimate evolve Z8 himself. Most of this effort will strengthen your Nephthys squads in the meantime.

Negator

Makes me sad that it's not even close that blue is the worst color right now. They should buff one of the blue combo leaders or something.

Speaking of blue leads, I could use some more A.Lakshmi friends. Bonus points if you also happen to run Krishna, Kanna, or Hathor. I only use these occasionally though so these aren't hypermaxed (but are all max skilled except Hathor).

My usual hypermaxed lead rotation includes Dmeta, Pandora, Lkali, Bastet. A.Yomi hopefully will be hypermaxed by the time she arrives in NA.

Would be excellent if somebody who runs one or two from the first group also happens to run one or two from the second group.

Jagernaut

Makes me sad that it's not even close that blue is the worst color right now. They should buff one of the blue combo leaders or something.

Awoken Orochi should have been the blue equivalent of Awoken Bastet and Awoken Shiva but they messed up. He needs a serious buff.

hermit7

Yeah I have a lot of good blue leads and subs but can't use any because none are really top tier and I can clear dungeons with other teams.

Blue is also the most rem dependent generally. There are no all star subs, and a lot of the GFE that are blue are 6* monsters, which means that they are so much more rare.

At least verd and urd are 5*, but skuld, blonia, and blodin are all 6* as well as the new one that just came out.

Sumire is 5, but she doesn't have any real excellent subs on the level of caocao or hino. And all the big tpa creatures for blue have situational skills at best (Orochi and blodin)

Jagernaut

Speaking of blue leads, I could use some more A.Lakshmi friends. Bonus points if you also happen to run Krishna, Kanna, or Hathor. I only use these occasionally though so these aren't hypermaxed (but are all max skilled except Hathor).

My usual hypermaxed lead rotation includes Dmeta, Pandora, Lkali, Bastet. A.Yomi hopefully will be hypermaxed by the time she arrives in NA.

Would be excellent if somebody who runs one or two from the first group also happens to run one or two from the second group.

I need more Dtron friends. I also have Awoken Bastet, Awoken Lakshmi and Krishna - all max skilled but no plusses, and can put them up if you need them. I plan to make Awoken Yomi when I gather all the materials.

hermit7

Skill ups have been hard this event for me. Have an Apollo I levelled from 1-99 got 4 skills. Fed over 3 million in extra exp from super golds alone and got zero skill ups. Total of maybe 40 or 45 super golds. Ares has been the same way to be honest. He is sitting at level 6 after maybe 15 rubies without a skill up.

These are the worst 2 I think I have ever encountered skilling up. I have for the most part been quite lucky.

donjezzy

As the person who probably runs the most hyper blues here, I agree with the above. I've largely stopped using my blues outside goofing around because they don't have much endgame viability besides Neptune Dragon teams right now. You've got several variations of Z8 teams that will take you far further than a largely unskilled and unplussed blue box. But there is some major commitment required either way. You will have to max skill some cards like A.Haku/Pandora/Satsuki, pick up key sub Dark Izanami and skill up and ultimate evolve Z8 himself. Most of this effort will strengthen your Nephthys squads in the meantime.

thank you guys for the information. I guess I was trying to find a tank and burst team with each color. but I'll keep with my dark teams atm and use my others situationally.

yami4ct

Ok, I updated my japanese PadHerder

https://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ctjp/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

I forgot how hard it is to make a good team when you don't already have a great team ready to farm mats. My current thought is my best team is

Kirin/L.Kali/L.Kali/Verche/Susano/A. Kirin

Is that the best I can do? It's a great team long term, but can it actually get me all the mats I need to evolve it to the full A. Kirin squad? Speaking of which, what is the easiest way to get Tengu and Fagan? I assume Fagan's technical is still the best way to grab him, but is the Descend Carnival the best way to grab Tengu?

1/17 on D Izanami today. This is the third time I've tried to skill her up and is actually the first time I've gotten any skillups on her at all. Desire sensor hard at work.

Jagernaut

1/17 on D Izanami today. This is the third time I've tried to skill her up and is actually the first time I've gotten any skillups on her at all. Desire sensor hard at work.

Are you running Izanami descend or Dark Bowl Dragon? Dark Bowl is in the coin dungeon right now. I max skilled Diza when we had the Dark Bowl dungeon for 2 whole weeks.

Negator

Are you running Izanami descend or Dark Bowl Dragon? Dark Bowl is in the coin dungeon right now. I max skilled Diza when we had the Dark Bowl dungeon for 2 whole weeks.

I figure it would be better to run D Iza today while it's up anyway, especially if you need Blue jewels.

Alright fellas can anybody explain to me ultimate evolutions? When there are more than one option, if I choose one do I have the option to switch to the other at a later point?

Which ultimate evo do I choose for these? If I have the option, do I always try and opt for "Awoken _____" version?

• War Deity Minerva
  1. War Deity, Saint Minerva
  2. War Deity, Dark Minerva
  3. Awoken Minerva
  • Fortune Deity Lakshmi
  1. Heavenly Fortune Goddess
  2. Lakshmi or Purple Lotus Chanter, Lakshmi
  3. Awoken Lakshmi
  • Love Deity, Feline Bastet
  1. Feline Deity of Harmony, Bastet
  2. Moonlit Feline Goddess, Bastet
  3. Awoken Bastet
  • Loki, the God of Guile
  1. Loki, the Finisher
  2. Cunning Trickster God, Loki
  • Batman+BW Attack
  1. Batman+BW Stealth
  2. Batman+Batmobile

You can always revert an Ultimate Evolution.

And generally the new Awokens are better than the previous Ults. Whether you have the mats and they would be more useful in the interim in other forms is another story

If you want to switch to another ult, you have to first devolve it back to the base evolved form by feeding it one of each ~lit. idk why they haven't made it an option in the UI yet

Minerva and Lakshmi are hot garbage until Awoken form, so always go Awoken for them.

Each of Bastet's forms are good, it just depends on how far in the game you are and how able you are to acquire the materials to perform the busty.

Loki is getting an awoken form very soon in JP, so about 4-5 months in NA. If you don't have an immediate need for either of the forms I'd hold off on him.

Batman+BW Stealth has better typing but Batman+Batmobile has a better leader skill and awakenings. Again, Batmobile is better unless you have an immediate need for what BW Stealth provides.

Jagernaut

Batman+Batmobile is better in every way except for the loss of devil type. If that's not a problem, evolve him right away. I have one and he's a good farming lead, clears King of Gods very easily.

You can always revert an Ultimate Evolution.

And generally the new Awokens are better than the previous Ults. Whether you have the mats and they would be more useful in the interim in other forms is another story

If you want to switch to another ult, you have to first devolve it back to the base evolved form by feeding it one of each ~lit. idk why they haven't made it an option in the UI yet

Minerva and Lakshmi are hot garbage until Awoken form, so always go Awoken for them.

Each of Bastet's forms are good, it just depends on how far in the game you are and how able you are to acquire the materials to perform the busty.

Loki is getting an awoken form very soon in JP, so about 4-5 months in NA. If you don't have an immediate need for either of the forms I'd hold off on him.

Batman+BW Stealth has better typing but Batman+Batmobile has a better leader skill and awakenings. Again, Batmobile is better unless you have an immediate need for what BW Stealth provides.

Makes sense.

So in the case of Awoken Bastet, I need an Awoken Sphinx beforehand. Is that something that can drop from completing a dungeon? Or do I have to go through another somewhat long process to get that as well?

Negator

Makes sense.

So in the case of Awoken Bastet, I need an Awoken Sphinx beforehand. Is that something that can drop from completing a dungeon? Or do I have to go through another somewhat long process to get that as well?

You can get Sphinx from Sphinx Descended. It's not a terribly hard dungeon if you have a pretty decent team. You will also need a Medjedra and that dungeon is pretty difficult if your team is not 100% skill bind resistant.

You can get Sphinx from Sphinx Descended. It's not a terribly hard dungeon if you have a pretty decent team. You will also need a Medjedra and that dungeon is pretty difficult if your team is not 100% skill bind resistant.

Huh. Alright then.

I don't think my teams are good enough to go through those ______ Descended dungeons yet but I'm getting closer I think.

Huh. Alright then.

I don't think my teams are good enough to go through those ______ Descended dungeons yet but I'm getting closer I think.

Sphinx Descended is super easy but also super gimmicky. As long as you're prepared for all the sucker punches that dungeon throws at you it's easy. Recently cleared it on my no-REM account with the following team.
tsXtkNz.jpg

Honestly though Awoken Bastet won't even be "useful" to you until endgame due to the nature of how her leader skill works. The other two forms will help you get to that point though.

razterik

Cosmo, slot Minerva in JP when you get a chance? Running Sowilo again and she's the most consistent lead I have for it until my ShivDra is up to speed.

razterik

Hey, it let's me snore my way through and I don't have to think out combos. Shiva is way faster, but there are a few risky floors if I'm not paying attention. Maybe I should use Verdandi, but I don't have a good burst option for the final floor. I'll give it a shot later and see if it works better.

razterik

Guess my Verdandi team is roughly as efficient as Minerva. You can switch to that if you'd prefer, Cosmo, I'm pretty sure you have one. Either is fine, thanks.

Descended Challenge 2 rerun starts Monday. This might be the best exclusive thing NA has done. More easy piis is fantastic.

razterik

If you rolled the REM with those 50 stones, you'd probably have gained twice as much MP. Not that it matters if you already committed to the box space beforehand, but I certainly wouldn't expand box space to hold those drops.

Funny how MP has diminished the worth of stones for box space beyond a certain point, though not as much as BFs have extremely devalued friend slot expansion.

Well like I said, they're just incidental drops from farming for other things like jewels, latents, or other skillups from those dungeons. Also got a lot of multiple drops from dungeons like the Rush dungeons. Whereas I'd normally just feed them away for exp, I figure might as well hold onto as many of them as I can spare the space for in hopes for some decent MP. No way am I farming them for the purpose of MP.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tengu Desc will be back already tomorrow - guess A.Yomi/Amaterasu cant be too far off.

J0dy77

So I finally got around to max skilling a second echidna. Which opens up the +220 eggs I have on the first echidna when I feed her away. I'm also maxing out a replacement beelzebub so I can feed his +297. Need help deciding where to put all the eggs.

I have three viable S tier teams that I can choose from

Ra - have 220 eggs on l. Kali already and 50 or so on ra and dark kali. I could dump all of them here and be be very close to a full 297 team if I put them on sun quan and dark kali.

Yomi - could dump the 297 on yomi and 220 on zaerog8. Already have max skill dizanami and other strong dark cards.

Kirin - I was leaning towards yomi team before the kirin awoken was announced. Could give her the 297 and Apollo the 220.

I like dumping + eggs in farmable cards like z8, Beelzebub, echidna because I can always replace them as the meta shifts. Maybe I'll put them on dizanami and z8 and run yomi. This way I can always feed then away later. Thoughts?

yami4ct

Descended Challenge 2 supposedly has 5 jewels, 5 Piis. My feelings about this are mixed.

Well, I guess Piis were kind of a ridiculously good reward for the challenge those dungeons required. You also have the fact that GungHo has raised the value of jewels significantly by not running the invade events as often. It's 100% a downgrade, but it's not as disappointing a downgrade as it would've been a couple months ago. I'll still take some free jewels.

Thoughts?
Are you going to skill up Z8. I couldn't imagine feeding him away after skilling him up.

That said you probably can't go wrong with Yomi. He seems super strong as a leader, and you can use him as a sub in the dark-focused Kirin team some people are using for arena.

Top Bottom