• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Fist of the north star is returning in Japan.

Hopefully it comes back in NA as well with ults, gold rem monsters are getting skill ups, which is nice.

Hopefully the ults are good, I have Ken and Toki rotting away in my box.

Rixa

Is Persephone uevo one of the best dark heartmakers? I have one and just noticed that I could uevo it for future use. Getting more green masks aint problem since its the only weekday high dungeon that I can clear.

In Finnish word "Perse" = ass

scottnak

Previews of the overall card buffs/rebalancing are also coming out on twitter!

LZL, Thumbelina, Gaudius, Dark Meta, Red Guan Yu... probably more coming out as I speak :O

yami4ct

Some of these buffs are nice, but I really dislike the half measure of buffing things that should have Ults already. Gadius, RGY, and LZL all should've been ulted. These buffs might give them some niche new uses, but it doesn't fix their problems overall.

L. Valk buff is interesting. Not sure exactly how useful the heart orb enhance is, but it's something. I'd love to see her get another TPA, but given she's farmable and they don't want to eat too much of Chibi Valk's lunch, that'll never happen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is Persephone uevo one of the best dark heartmakers? I have one and just noticed that I could uevo it for future use. Getting more green masks aint problem since its the only weekday high dungeon that I can clear.

Oh learned something new again.. Heh.

Persephone is one of the best dark double orb changers yes. Talking about Heartmakers... I think you just pulled one of the best from the Halloween REM.

I thought the same thing but I'm trying to think of a reason to use Wee Jas when Awoken Amaterasu exists now.

What I really want is Mamiya. :p
Hehe well if I had Amaterasu I wouldn't care either - she is the perfect Cleric imo and would also fit well on my Bastet team. Well can't have it all xD

Don't roll. My friends rolled and got their Shivas and Bastets. Motivated me to roll for Bastet My 70 stones and I got nothing but two Valks and a dupe Anubis. I really am getting tired of this gambling gatcha bullshit. I saved for months. I gotta go to bed.

Rixa

Oh learned something new again.. Heh.

Persephone is one of the best dark double orb changers yes. Talking about Heartmakers... I think you just pulled one of the best from the Halloween REM.
And I already forgot it :p, atleast it gets one more awoken.

Screenshot_2015-10-23-10-34-47.png

J0dy77

How? I can't find it under the Others section.

wait, reroll during Godfest? I thought Bastet was good enough.

Sorry about that, didn't realize you rolled bastet to start. She is more than capable and you're set for a long time. Good luck enjoying the game without the tedium some suffer with Re rolling. 😀

J0dy77

If you meant heart breakers, yes. She's the best in game for dark. Amazing awakenings.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Is there a recommended team to farm the tamadra spotted? event?

even in the easiest difficulty i struggle.

Solved my own problem..LKali + Vegito hypermax friend.

ZombAid82

She'll lead anything but you'll want to focus on tossing in as many green cards as you can for her team that focus on the two prong attack awakening skill later on. If you happen to pick up a keeper of rainbow, put him on there as a big stat stick as you continue to level your team.

Be sure to hit up the gaf friends list I could use the pal point you could use some hyper max leads to help carry as you start out.

Is there a possibility for me, to be written down on this list?

Edit: NVM, i can add myself^^

I'm gonna add the shit out of y'all^^

Ducarmel

I got Ceres, so should I just sell my thumbalina's? I can only think of using her in low cost but I have kind of given up on those dungeons and if I did want to make a team it probably be low cost dark.

All the other buffs, are ok, I do have 2 Gadius on my jp acocunt, 1 on NA, I wonder if there is some kind of system team that can be made with this buff.

Missed out on FotNS on my jp account if the ultimates are worth it I will roll hard, the announcement does not seem to mention Toki but i hope he get something i have one on my NA just sitting there.

cw_sasuke

Its done - finally max skilled Izanami !!
Dont know how much i had to feed her - probably like 40 copies in total - crazy.

4/6 A.Yomi subs max skilled - Halloween Blonia and Z8 are left. Should be fun...right ?
I got Ceres, so should I just sell my thumbalina's? I can only think of using her in low cost but I have kind of given up on those dungeons and if I did want to make a team it probably be low cost dark.
Thumeblina/Fairy Tale Girls update looks nice - one more option for the non Ceres/Amaterasu owning Green Teams. She might get a useful UEVO in the future but if you have Ceres i doubt you will ever really need her.

PS. Anyone encountered Elia yet ? :-D

Do you guys have any opinions on my best A.Yomi team? I'm in need of a dark team.

The team I've been playing with is Yomi/Haku/Pandora/D.Iza/Beach Valk/Yomi.

Dark box:
Work on Z8 to replace Beach Valk. Also work on Batman+Disruptor. His delay is useful for the high challenge levels with uevo Vishnu in them.

Well.

Add as many dongs(Satsuki, A.Haku, A.Hades,etc), shields(D.iza, anything else offcolor) and orb changing/dropping to your taste.

Having one A.Haku is good enough, Satsuki and Z8 should keep you stocked with enhanced dark orbs for most of the floors with Haku there for an emergency. If you had a beachdora, you could justify keeping her on the team over other subs but normal Pandora lacks the prongs, all you're getting out of that slot is orb changing. You will likely want to replace her with some kind of donger down the road.
Pandora's heartmaking is more useful than prongs the vast majority of the time. The team isn't like Bastet where you need a spiker. You're usually getting around 800k-1+mil off of each unit with combos including the 5 orb match. It's not hard to get A.Haku to do 3-4+mil by herself with an orb change.

Some of these buffs are nice, but I really dislike the half measure of buffing things that should have Ults already. Gadius, RGY, and LZL all should've been ulted. These buffs might give them some niche new uses, but it doesn't fix their problems overall.
I agree some of those monsters are overdue for ults, but I'd rather they buff existing monsters than give them evos beyond the reach of less fortunate players.

LZL buff looks very nice. It's a shame I don't have amazing subs for him.

Thumbelina is a nice buff. It would have been really easy to give her an ult and pump her stats a bit though. Wish they'd gone that route with the fairy tail girls.

Psyched for that Gadius buff. I've been saying for a while that the long CD on the 4 color board changers made no sense. The haste effect on top of that is even better. I've been toying with a Tsubaki-led haste team, and Gadius was gonna be on the team anyway, so this is amazing.

LuffyZoro

As someone with a (nearly) hyper LZL, I'm excited about the buff. 2.5x is enough to clear most trash mobs while healing up again, and more damage at full health is always welcome.

J0dy77

Is there a recommended team to farm the tamadra spotted? event?

even in the easiest difficulty i struggle.

Solved my own problem..LKali + Vegito hypermax friend.

Poison is your friend for these dungeons. I run double lilith and double ra for these dungeons and can just activate each round to one shot the round.

bjork

I had some stones so I used the halloween machine and got "Spirit of the Masequerade, Alraune." Boosts Healer and Devil attack by 3X and also heals 5X when matching orbs. Is this something I can build a solid team around?

Decided to roll in this carnival, used about half of my stones I was planning on spending in PCGF. Got the following:

Hattori Hanzo
Vritra
Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang x2
Parvati
Neptune
Berry Dragon
Strawberry Dragon
Hades

LZL with his buff looks like he'll be my new farming lead, to go with my DQ, LMeta, and Valk. I'll have to look into it. Hanzo will probably get a lot of use, not too sure about the rest of them but I think it really helped round out my box. No dupes except the 2nd LZL.

I had some stones so I used the halloween machine and got "Spirit of the Masequerade, Alraune." Boosts Healer and Devil attack by 3X and also heals 5X when matching orbs. Is this something I can build a solid team around?

Nice pull. She's more of a sub than a leader though. If you've got any good dark leaders, she'll be a nice fit for a lot of descends. If you do want to build a team around her though, I imagine you could pair her with an Awoken Amaterasu for a decent healer team. 9-12x modifier depending on HP and very significant health gain on orb match isn't bad, but it's not amazing either. Would be pretty grindy too, so don't pursue that if you want dungeons to go quickly.

Jagernaut

Decided to roll in this carnival, used about half of my stones I was planning on spending in PCGF. Got the following:

Hattori Hanzo
Vritra
Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang x2
Parvati
Neptune
Berry Dragon
Strawberry Dragon
Hades

LZL with his buff looks like he'll be my new farming lead, to go with my DQ, LMeta, and Valk. I'll have to look into it. Hanzo will probably get a lot of use, not too sure about the rest of them but I think it really helped round out my box. No dupes except the 2nd LZL.

LZL buff is really nice and you can pair him with Awoken Amaterasu for a 20x at full hp/7.5x minimum team.

Awoken Parvati is really strong if you have her key subs - Perseus, Michael, Verdandi, and even Amitaka.

Edit. This special PAL machine is good. I got my last stubborn skill up on Leeza and some skillups on Set and others. I'm also saving some blue pirates for U&Y's reduced cooldown.

Kyuur

Oh shiiiiit these buffs!

- Gadius gets 1 turn haste and reduced CD!
- DMeta getting scaling attack (likey reverse Norn?)
- I&I gets 2 turns of x2, and Enhanced Heal Orb (that's a brand new awakening isn't it?)!

Other ones bound to make people happy too. Excited to see the rest!

I rolled in the bad idea carnival and it lived up to its fake name

I think the odds of me rolling power were better than anything a PCGF could have offered, so I'm not too bent out of shape over it.

I rolled in the bad idea carnival and it lived up to its fake name

I think the odds of me rolling power were better than anything a PCGF could have offered, so I'm not too bent out of shape over it.
Coming down from yesterdays heartache. I was angry I didn't wait till PCGF but I think my odds of getting Bastet were better here and I did get two Valks. I have a lot of the monsters that will be in the PCGF and have no interest in most of them. It just stings to roll 70 hard earned stones and again be denied a bastet. I have her best subs and she's my favorite combo lead. Twice Anubis has showed up in her place. Just got to keep telling myself I was unlucky and it was not a bad move rolling now.

Kyuur

Rolled once, light Wee Jas! Pool is growing, I also have Arcline, Wukong, Fuma Kotoro and Fuu. Non-REM, Athena, Valk and Iza. Don't think there really is anything to make a solid light team yet, but I'd love to get Ammy and make a healer team with WJ/Arcline and two other future subs. Maybe I'll try and pick up Elia this event.

smbu2000

Got my 2nd LKali hyper (finally got those missing ATK eggs) and I'm now working on my D.LKali. I've had a slight bit of luck on my last few runs, but she's currently in the 80's for both HP/RCV and just cracked the 20 mark with ATK eggs...Going to take awhile to get all of those ATK eggs.

HnK collab is coming back, yay! Very excited about it. My Kenshiro and Raoh will also be getting uevos. Even happier to see that. I might roll a little bit to try and get the new characters (and Toki) but probably not much. Kenshiro and Raoh are both max skilled (using mainly piis) so I can focus on skilling up other characters.
I wonder what their uevos will look like. I might have to make one/or both of them my next hyper targets.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
So, there's an event going on, so I take it I should start blowing my PAL points on pal egg rolls, right?

if I'm focusing on my monogreen subs, there's not much point in me keeping the evo material subs of other colors, right? I can just use them for xp fodder?

ZombAid82

So, there's an event going on, so I take it I should start blowing my PAL points on pal egg rolls, right?

if I'm focusing on my monogreen subs, there's not much point in me keeping the evo material subs of other colors, right? I can just use them for xp fodder?

If u have the possiblity to save some, do that, because your gonna need them later. I'm Rank 200 now and i could shoot myself in the face, what i used sometimes as XP-Fodder...

Since you're just starting out, you're in a kind of odd situation. The event is for skillup fodders, which may not be too useful since you don't have a very developed box, but the event is also dropping Pengdra and Dragon Kings, which are excellent exp fodder, and there's a small chance you could get a Highlander, who would be a fantastic sub for your Bastet. If you manage to get a Highlander, I'd probably hold off on rolling further. Most of the other things you'd roll would just end up clogging your box.

As for upgrade materials, lots of units will use off-color materials for some evolutions. Be sure to look at upgrade routes for stuff you're planning on developing so you don't throw out any materials you'll want down the line. And if you come into any rare evo materials, definitely hold onto them. For the easy stuff it's not too big a deal to feed/sell if you need to box space.

You never know what the REM might spit out for you down the line. Even if you're working on monogreen at the moment... well just try and see how many players in this thread are using the same team they were planning on building when they first started the game.

Negator

Do you guys remember my very first posts when I first started? I wanted to play and rerolled for Bastet and got her in my 3rd REM roll. I had to abandon ship for a while because I couldn't roll any good green subs and got a whole lot of water stuff.

You truly never know how the REM will do to you so always be prepared.

Do you guys remember my very first posts when I first started? I wanted to play and rerolled for Bastet and got her in my 3rd REM roll. I had to abandon ship for a while because I couldn't roll any good green subs and got a whole lot of water stuff.

I built an optimal Bastet team while rolling for hanzo over a few months. Now I use Verdandi and I roll for Bastet. Got Hanzo now that I rarely use dmeta. PaD is funny like that.

I built an optimal Bastet team while rolling for hanzo over a few months. Now I use Verdandi and I roll for Bastet. Got Hanzo now that I rarely use dmeta. PaD is funny like that.
Unless you have the expendable income to whale hard, chasing one particular card is likely result in heartbreak and regret. In all my godfests, I think I've only gotten a card I targeted twice. Most of my good rolls were unexpected bounties while hoping for something else. Desire sensor is too strong in this game.

Just use what you have and the rest will take care of itself. Roll when the cards you want are there but don't set yourself up for disappointment.

Unless you have the expendable income to whale hard, chasing one particular card is likely result in heartbreak and regret. In all my godfests, I think I've only gotten a card I targeted twice. Most of my good rolls were unexpected bounties while hoping for something else. Desire sensor is too strong in this game.

Just use what you have and the rest will take care of itself. Roll when the cards you want are there but don't set yourself up for disappointment.

I been on PaD since day one. I know how it works but I never stop chasing and being crushed. You'll see me have meltdowns every couple of godfests lol. No whaling here either.

Rixa

Yoloed once from REM because "everyone" has yoloed, not going to yolo more :).

I think(?) I made good pull, seems to be outside of event. Not sure what Iam going to do with it.

I started with Nut after many rerolls. Then I got Verdandi some weeks & pulls later and from that time onwards my Nut has been collecting dust.

linsivvi

Never bothered to do it before, but with descended challenge and 2.5x skill up I max skilled Athena with just a few stones. Easier than I thought.

cw_sasuke

Wow - for the first time ever i cleared all Challenge Stages on my first attempt :eek:

quickmemo_2015-10-23-gxa1q.png

Had to stone once on Zeus&Hera though because...well...you cant really survive getting once you get hit for 80k lol. Def. my best played Challenge - Based Susano, the missing puzzle piece.

Usually i have Perseus on that last spot - but with Beelzebub & Hera-Ur Back 2 Back as well as having to heal for Preempts i went Verdandi. Worked out perfect even though i didnt need her to Heal up for Hera Preemt so i could use her active to kill her instead.
Yep, got her on my first try :)
Nice - havent done any Desc today but hope i can get them tomorrow.
Pandora's heartmaking is more useful than prongs the vast majority of the time. The team isn't like Bastet where you need a spiker. You're usually getting around 800k-1+mil off of each unit with combos including the 5 orb match. It's not hard to get A.Haku to do 3-4+mil by herself with an orb change.
Having played some more with her i have to agree - Satsuki is a nice to have but she doesnt seem to make a mayor difference...if you can active you will hit for around 6-10 million per round with higher level subs anyway.

If my Pandora was max skilled i would put her on that team asap....but for now Satsuki is the better and max skilled option. Persephone is great but as with all double orb changers on combo leaders it can be difficult to clear the board after it.
Awesome pull i would love to get her as well - i dont wanna skill up Aamir lol.
Yoloed once from REM because "everyone" has yoloed, not going to yolo more :).

I think(?) I made good pull, seems to be outside of event. Not sure what Iam going to do with it.

I started with Nut after many rerolls. Then I got Verdandi some weeks & pulls later and from that time onwards my Nut has been collecting dust.
Nice pull def. could have been worse :)

PS: Once we Nut she will be even more awesome - we just need to get the Water Desc. so she can be skilled up easier. All those lovely OE Awakenings.

Top Bottom