• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Went for a pull in the director's carnival. Pulled Venus. As a non dupe, I'm OK with that. Her awakenings are very nice, though her active seems more annoying than useful.

Was originally only going to clear the Halloween dungeon for the stone, but I pulled the HREM a few times and got Alraune and Laila so I skilled both of them up, including the witch Cockatrice since I didn't pull HBlonia today. Ran Master until Alraune was maxed, then switched to Expert with a Rodin/Rodin/Goemon/Goemon/Tengu/Rodin semi-push-button team to finish Laila. Don't know if it's 100%, but I got the Cockatrice/Wicked Lady every time on 2x Expert.

Nothing else to farm for now, so I guess I'll clear some of the challenges. Don't want to run the worthless Diagoldos dungeon just for a chance at an invade.

Negator

Failed divine realm on Zeus, got no green orbs even with Vishnu active. Uuuughdsjfdsghajsdklgdhskfj

Edit: OH GOD I finally cleared it lol! Jesus christ. Got my Badpy to max skill Awoken Yomi!

hermit7

Tried running zeus mercury with awoken ammy. Man that is a strange team style. Died to hera is, but i was blowing stamina.

Team is really odd, and as long as you can take a hit you heal back to 100 percent. Neptune was a cake walk even clearing out poison orbs you can't die.

I don't see it it as being more than a pure farming team, but chibi valk was hitting for about 1.4 million with tpa.

coy

Failed divine realm on Zeus, got no green orbs even with Vishnu active. Uuuughdsjfdsghajsdklgdhskfj

Edit: OH GOD I finally cleared it lol! Jesus christ. Got my Badpy to max skill Awoken Yomi!
I remember you first starting out as it was not very long ago and now you can clear Legend Plus content. That is really impressive so grats on that!

I'm still debating on pulling the carnival for the chance at a non-green Valk (have 2) even knowing how difficult it'd be. Like a lot of the veterans here, PCGF may not be the best use of stones for pulls. I'll check out the lineup prior to making a decision, naturally.

J0dy77

Went for a pull in the director's carnival. Pulled Venus. As a non dupe, I'm OK with that. Her awakenings are very nice, though her active seems more annoying than useful.

Her active skill desperately needs a buff. She's a great lead for wadatsumi, makes it very easy when the challenge dungeon comes around.

Her active skill desperately needs a buff. She's a great lead for wadatsumi, makes it very easy when the challenge dungeon comes around.
I've already got a basically foolproof Wadatsumi team using SS Isis. So I guess Venus won't get much use for a while. I don't have any great light teams at the moment anyway.

Speaking of Isis, she makes challenge 8 the easiest dungeon ever...unless you get four straight turns of dark skyfall against Raphael. The game always manages to find the flaw in a team and destroy me with it.

Rixa

I have 3 Flampys inbox. Should I use them to AS?
What a pain it was to do, atleast got some room to inbox.
Screenshot_2015-10-25-18-11-17.png
Screenshot_2015-10-25-18-12-01.png

Edit:
Eventually I ccould do this team, where units would be:
- AS
- CaoCao R/G
- Awoken Hino
- BDA Uriel
- R/L Leilan
^^ Then I have Chiyome, Tsubaki, Ares, Laila, Leilan (dupe), Mitsuki (2x). How should I do it?

hermit7

Thanks, will save them to it.
I would encourage awakening leilan too. Rows are not a big deal and the awakenings are just better.

Uriel is a good sub with good rcv which will help because without eggs shiva teams have very lackluster recovery, so his high rcv with shiva and friend x2.25 will be helpful.

Lost 99 stamina last night due to this:
hLLTvuk.jpg

Making me reconsider changing to the unbindable version simply to make this team more stable. I really like having delay for devils/Hathor but I don't use those teams very often these days.

Happy to finish this off on the second attempt though:
KfbQwAt.jpg

Rixa

I would encourage awakening leilan too. Rows are not a big deal and the awakenings are just better.

Uriel is a good sub with good rcv which will help because without eggs shiva teams have very lackluster recovery, so his high rcv with shiva and friend x2.25 will be helpful.
My plan in the very long run is to awoken my another Leilan and keep R/L version. Iam missing all the materials required to Awoken her.
So much cards to level & somehow to get enough Tamadras. It doesnt help that Tama villages normally are at the times when Iam sleeping.

Ducarmel

Current jp event what cards are actually getting the 10x MP. I tried selling some just now doesn't seem like anything is selling more then 5 or 10 mp points.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
Jeeze. My luck train keeps going. Spent my first eggs on a egg pull and got Horus. I can't even field him with my Bastet because of my low rank haha.

Negator

I remember you first starting out as it was not very long ago and now you can clear Legend Plus content. That is really impressive so grats on that!

Thank you! After rage stoning for stamina after losing twice I managed to clear the last dungeon and completed the entire descended challenge! Awoken Hinokagutsuchi is now max skilled!

(shortly after I die to floor 1 of C7, lol)

I'm not sure what I would want my next Flampy target to be. Would they be better put towards Awoken Shiva or to Phoenix Rider?

hermit7

Thank you! After rage stoning for stamina after losing twice I managed to clear the last dungeon and completed the entire descended challenge! Awoken Hinokagutsuchi is now max skilled!

(shortly after I die to floor 1 of C7, lol)

I'm not sure what I would want my next Flampy target to be. Would they be better put towards Awoken Shiva or to Phoenix Rider?

Probably Phoenix rider, shivas active is decent but you don't really need multiples on short cool downs.

Phoenix rider can only be better on a shorter cool down I think.

I just started playing and I started using PadGuide to look what timed dungeons are for me but the dungeons are not showing up for me. Take today the Hunt Emerald Dragons was supposed to show up at 6 for my group which is D. The dungeon never showed up though.

yami4ct

Angel and Reaper are supposed to invade Iza today right? Either my luck is real bad or the invade rates are terrible. I've had better luck with jewels.

I'm mostly looking to skill up DIza, but I would like to take home an Angel.

Kwhit10

Angel and Reaper are supposed to invade Iza today right? Either my luck is real bad or the invade rates are terrible. I've had better luck with jewels.

I did iza 15 times today to max skill. Never got an invade either.

I read that the invade rate is only 10% for the Angel and Reaper on mythical, as opposed to 15% for the Jewels. I've run into one Elia today, in about 8 runs or so.

Epic Drop

So is She Green Dark or Green Blue?

Yep, that's what I'm thinking.

Really hoping that she and Loki break the trend we've seen so far for awoken Norse, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd really like something a little more exciting than yet anther 2.5atk 2.5rcv.

razterik

ROFL

No cat butt or pig chan makes me sad.

Still super cute.

Rolled 8 times on HalloREM. Got HAlarune as first roll and Hopdet as last. 27k of MP chibi golds between them. Those gold eggs used to be so exciting and now I just wonder what garbage it's going to be this time. Platinum eggs when.

ROFL

No cat butt or pig chan makes me sad.

Still super cute.

Rolled 8 times on HalloREM. Got HAlarune as first roll and Hopdet as last. 27k of MP chibi golds between them. Those gold eggs used to be so exciting and now I just wonder what garbage it's going to be this time. Platinum eggs when.
They already got rainbow eggs in padw

hermit7

Padx reporting descended carnival for Tuesday!

Here comes awoken haku and awoken yomi!

Huh... Saw it on reddit but not actually Padx.

Maybe not.

Negator

If we do get it soon that would be awesome. Need a Kaguyahime and a Xuanzang and want to bank two gaias and two extra Xuanzang for later.

Quantum

They already got rainbow eggs in padw

can't wait till we get that in the US...

/s

- had elia invade yesterday during attempt to skill izi, 16 skill levels? holy shit this is FAL all over again. no way.
- nice stats, but not way I'll ever try to skill up something like that ever again.

- I don't even use the skilled FAL anymore.

Kyuur

Alright Freyja, I guess its wood row time:

Freyja/Freyja/Artemis/Artemis/Artemis/Sasuke

Optionally Kushinada for pre-empts?

Not that I can build this team :(

Jagernaut

What are your fast farming teams for zaerog8?
I can finish the dungeon with Bastet but its tedious... :(

What's the strategy with Bastet? Kill in 1 shot or get him below 50%, let him heal up, and kill when he is all blue? I haven't beat this dungeon yet.

raiot

The Strategy is simple. Use Bastet skill, do whatever you want because he has a 75% dmg shield up in the first round. Then he will clear your Buffs, looses the 75% Shield and you can kill him. Hopefully in 1 Go or you are fucked... :). Its VERY important to use a Buff that he can clear. If you don't have one up, he will bind your subs and its Game Over.

My Team is: Bastet, Kaede, Vishnu, Vishnu, Awoken Meimei, Bastet. All Max skilled. The only + are on the enemy Leader

I bring along GZL for the last stage, but to be honest it's more of a precaution in case I get a terrible board change. Bastet is about as easy as it gets I think, but don't lose focus. I've already failed once because I forgot to pop her active on Z8's first turn.

GZL's leader skill update is awesome, but its overshadowed by DMeta's. Still holding onto hope for an eventual uvo.

Edit:I think you can safely knock him into blue. I think his heal will be highest priority, so that's probably a solid strategy.

raiot

I bring along GZL for the last stage, but to be honest it's more of a precaution in case I get a terrible board change. Bastet is about as easy as it gets I think, but don't lose focus. I've already failed once because I forgot to pop her active on Z8's first turn.

GZL's leader skill update is awesome, but its overshadowed by DMeta's. Still holding onto hope for an eventual uvo.

Edit:I think you can safely knock him into blue. I think his heal will be highest priority, so that's probably a solid strategy.

But only if you are skill bind proof! :)

1 Zaerog skillup down, 9 to go. Probably going to tackle the rest of these in one or two sittings tonight, I just hope I have the mental stamina to keep it up. Bastet more or less trivializes the dungeon, but floor 9 is still scary every time I go there. It's funny, because I can combo six pretty easily even without Bastet's time extends, but the moment the dungeon says, "6 or die" I start choking.

1 Zaerog skillup down, 9 to go. Probably going to tackle the rest of these in one or two sittings tonight, I just hope I have the mental stamina to keep it up. Bastet more or less trivializes the dungeon, but floor 9 is still scary every time I go there. It's funny, because I can combo six pretty easily even without Bastet's time extends, but the moment the dungeon says, "6 or die" I start choking.
practice makes perfect? After watching people fall to that floor I started intentionally aiming for 7+ combos while farming Hera-Sowilo, and I seldom fail the challenge now. Even if I choke, I choke into a 6 combo.

Gave Typhon a try today. I lucked into rolling pretty sweet subs for him. Went Typhon/Aketchi/aketchi/satsuki/kurone with a hyper max friend. I wasn't expecting it, but it's my best team hands down. He's so fun to use. I just need to level that team up a ton. He's really fun to play. And that buff coming is going to be real nice.

Top Bottom