• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another great event... Skill up rate, Izanami, Z8, Poring Tower, Challenges etc.

I could get used to it xD

Edit:.. Oh Angel Invade as well... Nice.

PS. At 1.5x drop ...which difficulty should i run the Halloween stage for Blonia skill ups ? Master..? Same question for the 2x drop days.

Rixa

Damn :( had to stone this but atleast got stone back and my first Beelze.
Screenshot_2015-10-22-10-24-41.png
Screenshot_2015-10-22-10-26-09.png
At first try died to Astaroth then I switched one sub to Bane and Astaroth popped again.

cw_sasuke

Hmm I have to say Dill Sirius max skilled on A.Yomi is quite the help.... High RCV and TPAs as well.
I have basically the same question^^
Good... Two people means it's more likely that someone will respond to us xD

razterik

I cleared out lower stages of Halloween on 1.5x in JP and got the drop every time for floor 4. I'm going to go ahead and say that the drop rate is similar to the Summer dungeon, and you can run the 15 or 25 stamina stages during bonus rates for those skill up drops.

cw_sasuke

I cleared out lower stages of Halloween on 1.5x in JP and got the drop every time for floor 4. I'm going to go ahead and say that the drop rate is similar to the Summer dungeon, and you can run the 15 or 25 stamina stages during bonus rates for those skill up drops.
Nice exactly what I wanted to hear... Will give 15 stamina a shot and work my way up depending on the results.

razterik

Next JP event announced has a few interesting notes.

Finally the return of 10x MP for Descend and Number dragon drops. Looks like it might still be worthwhile to hold those drops, GC.

Also a "big increase" in plus egg rate for the Halloween dungeon. It's possible this might come to NA, could be useful to wait on running for skill ups until next week, if you're stoning anyway.

Secret Godfest starts on Halloween and lasts three days. Sometimes this means new pantheon or exclusives, especially with a stream coming beforehand. Could just be some special lineup or rates, though.

Guys I saved 70 Stones for the PC Godfest but this Carnival has so many Monsters I want including Bastet on a Green Carnival. It also has Siva and all the Valks. I want to go all in...do I?

razterik

Next JP stream is Nov 3 so the timing doesn't quite line up for new pantheon.

Ah, you're right. For some reason I thought it was end of this month. Wonder what crazy REM combo they'll throw at us then. They always try to make them extra enticing when special REMs are running alongside.

I'm curious if the upcoming balance changes will get announced before the stream or not. It's been really quiet this week.

Also, Zeus Vulcan where dammit. Can't evolve my JP ShivDra without him.

J0dy77

So disapointed with Awoken Yomi. I see the appeal and why it works but I don't have the + eggs to invest to make up for the terrible RCV or max skill Z8. Looks like I'll focus on Ra and Kirin teams.

More synergy between subs but potential to lose to the same dungeons

cw_sasuke

I feel not having optimal skilled subs is more of an issue with Yomi compared to the Egypt Awoken Gods.

If you don't have one max skilled Z8 and A.Haku you Def. consider the investment needed to have a functioning team... Not even talking about the potential +egg investment.

Def. will have an easier time with Sakuya were the subs I'll use are already max skilled.
Still glad that I have Yomi since she is very solid sub in couple of teams and my dark team was always be a longterm project.

smbu2000

Well I had decent luck skilling up my D.LKali. Only took about 20 Angelits to max skill her. Glad I had a chance to skill her up before the skills change at the end of the month (JP).

I also got a great when I fed her the dark snow globe I got from the current challenge dungeons and I was able to max level her too. Just need one more awakening as I had decent luck with the babies I picked up during the Friday dungeon.

I'm having terrible luck getting ATK plus eggs though. I'm still trying to hyper my LKali #2 (just need a few more ATK eggs) and now that I've gotten my D.LKali going I've fed her the extra HP/RCV eggs I've picked up. She is currently at HP 60, RCV 67 and ATK 1...from a baby tama that had a plus egg... It's going to take forever to get all of the ATK plus eggs I'm lacking. -_-;

Nice - so you have the perfect Ra Team in place - should be worth the investment. DO you also have (A) Sakuya ? If so why do you prefer Ra for the next Light...because of the better subs ? You could probably run a kick as Dark Sakuya team as well with your Dark subs.

Also congrats on D LKali....perfection :-D
I do have a Sakuya, but I'm just slowly working on the Awoken evo mats. She's not really my main priority. She seems okay in her Awoken form, but it's easier to just use Ra and have the 100x multiplier with only 5 combos minimum (as opposed to 10.)
Her skill is nice with the 20% gravity/bind recovery, but Ra's skill is more useful for me. The 77,777 damage comes in handy a lot and the 3 seconds of movement time makes matching orbs much easier. It also overwrites boss time movement slowdowns like on D.Izanami.

That's probably why I prefer to use Kite as a leader over Yomi. I can have a 64x attack with a minimum of 4 combos (4 different colors of course.) With a minimum of 4 combos and having 5 dark orbs as one my Vegeta by himself was able to overcome the 600k defense of the lits on floor 2 of the Friday dungeon.

I wouldn't mind trying out a D.LKali team as well since my LKalis would fit in nicely on the team. The HP/RCV boost for God/Devil types would be nice as well. It's too bad my Kite/Levi don't fit in with the team. Kite is a devil, but his skill puts up wood orbs instead of water ones. Levi puts out the required colors, but he is Attacker/Machine and wouldn't get the HP/RCV bonus.
So disapointed with Awoken Yomi. I see the appeal and why it works but I don't have the + eggs to invest to make up for the terrible RCV or max skill Z8. Looks like I'll focus on Ra and Kirin teams.

Kite is roughly the same, which is why I use my hyper LMeta on the team to give a nice RCV boost to the team (1160 RCV by herself!), but that wouldn't work on a primarily dark Yomi team.

J0dy77

The team I've truly fallen in love with of late is Urd and pairing her with all of my whale Shiva dragon friends. I'm seriously considering dumping a lot of eggs into the team since I have almost every ideal sub for fire. I already run my hypermax horus on the team and have, ares, yamato, r. valk, awoken minerva, etc etc.

There is so much burst on this team. I've beaten all of the challenge dungeons up through floor 8 the last couple times they've come around. Didn't try to push any higher and just switched to Ra. It may work.

My only wish is that there was an easy way to skillup ares.

The team I've truly fallen in love with of late is Urd and pairing her with all of my whale Shiva dragon friends. I'm seriously considering dumping a lot of eggs into the team since I have almost every ideal sub for fire. I already run my hypermax horus on the team and have, ares, yamato, r. valk, awoken minerva, etc etc.

There is so much burst on this team. I've beaten all of the challenge dungeons up through floor 8 the last couple times they've come around. Didn't try to push any higher and just switched to Ra. It may work.

I do the same thing using my Verdandi team with with friends awoken Bastets, I think even after i get a bastet of my own I will occasionally use this pairing for some stuff.

Jagernaut

Guys I saved 70 Stones for the PC Godfest but this Carnival has so many Monsters I want including Bastet on a Green Carnival. It also has Siva and all the Valks. I want to go all in...do I?

Wood carnival ends today and won't overlap with the Directors Choice carnival. This carnival has a pretty good lineup. I really want a red Valk for all my fire teams and I also want dark Valk, Isis, Uriel, Michael, Ceres, and GZL.

To commemorate 8MM Downloads in North America, a special Director’s Choice Carnival has been assembled with 3x Rates! Featured monsters pop out at level 30 and above, and all monsters are guaranteed +Egg status!

*The +Egg guarantee will apply to both the monsters from the Rare Egg Machine and the Halloween Egg Machine during the duration of this Director’s Choice Carnival event.

See the full lineup below:

★6
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang

972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

★5
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang

620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra

122 Minerva
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
128 Venus
130 Hades

I have some amazing red subs, but only Urd and Ares are gods. I really wish I had Yamato and RValk to make pairing with Shiva Dragon more feasible (on top of their general usefulness as red subs).

For Ares why not just run super kings?

Jagernaut

Super kings wastes xp when your cards are maxed but it's still better than skilling Ares up the hard way with Groove Coaster (which I did originally), no guarantee that the red one drops.

J0dy77

I have some amazing red subs, but only Urd and Ares are gods. I really wish I had Yamato and RValk to make pairing with Shiva Dragon more feasible (on top of their general usefulness as red subs).

For Ares why not just run super kings?

I think you can get away with one sub not being a god type, with all of the TPA and Rows you can make up the damage. Minerva isn't a god in awoken form but fits the team well with the low CD active.

Super kings you say? Didn't even realize Ares was on rotation. Thanks for the heads up.

hermit7

Ah, you're right. For some reason I thought it was end of this month. Wonder what crazy REM combo they'll throw at us then. They always try to make them extra enticing when special REMs are running alongside.

I'm curious if the upcoming balance changes will get announced before the stream or not. It's been really quiet this week.

Also, Zeus Vulcan where dammit. Can't evolve my JP ShivDra without him.

Yeah it does seem to be really quiet, I am waiting for Nepthys and Hathor uevos still as well as Freyja and Loki awokens too, which we know are upcoming.

I hope there is another cycle of god dragons, the revealed ones are decent but nothing really is pulling me towards any of them. A new pantheon seems likely, but again the past two have been kind of let downs, angels 2.0 were a wash and are really not used outside of niche teams.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
so I just decided to try this game. after 4 rerolls, I got Bastet, who is on the "good characters" listing.

So I guess I should keep her? As a ROTK fan, I wish I had one of them as my starter, but I don't know if it's worth it to keep rerolling.

What should I be focusing on if I go with Bastet?

hermit7

so I just decided to try this game. after 4 rerolls, I got Bastet, who is on the "good characters" listing.

So I guess I should keep her? As a ROTK fan, I wish I had one of them as my starter, but I don't know if it's worth it to keep rerolling.

Ideal starter. Load up on green subs and you will be set. Top tier lead overall.

Try and get a highlander from the premium egg machine. Over the next week or so they will be available. It is honestly going to be a great opportunity to get some low cost subs to start out.

Don't roll in the rare egg machine until godfest and save your stones for that.

She'll lead anything but you'll want to focus on tossing in as many green cards as you can for her team that focus on the two prong attack awakening skill later on. If you happen to pick up a keeper of rainbow, put him on there as a big stat stick as you continue to level your team.

Be sure to hit up the gaf friends list I could use the pal point you could use some hyper max leads to help carry as you start out.

Quantum

as already stated, good lead.

Having played 950 ish days I would recommend playing for a week or so to learn how you like to play before rolling for an S tier lead.

rows, combos, tpa - each plays a bit differently, I think its more important to like the way you play and not be locked into a style because of a lead.

part of my best memories in the game stem from the early part of the game - its much easier to rush through, but still worth it to take time and learn the dynamics of different teams.

if you plan to iap, the initial lead is irrelevant (imho).

initial goals are to rank up. more stamina will afford you more play time also read the posts in the OP if you aren't familiar with the game - its simple, but using sites like pdx to understand what you are going up again can be invaluable.

vsyklSD.jpg

Hypermax #6 (5.96 technically... but let's ignore that) done, welcome to the club Shiva. Gonna cool it for the rest of the event and finish up some dungeons I've been neglecting I think.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
I have so little clue right now what any of this is, I just followed the guide for rerolling. I hope to get some handle on it tonight.

and it really doesn't matter what starter I picked right? I picked the red one.

I don't plan on doing IAP because I already play the Final Fantasy Record Keeper as my main game that I do spend some money on, this is just going to be a side game for me while waiting on stamina for that game.

I added my character to the spread sheet.

Thanks!

I have so little clue right now what any of this is, I just followed the guide for rerolling. I hope to get some handle on it tonight.

I don't plan on doing IAP because I already play the Final Fantasy Record Keeper as my main game that I do spend some money on, this is just going to be a side game for me while waiting on stamina for that game.

Thanks!
Only thing the starter changes is the little jewel next to your name. Should have gone green if you wanted to be an iconoclast, but nobody really pays attention to it so oh well.

J0dy77

Thanks!

Welcome to the game and the thread. A lot of us long time players don't reference that spreadsheet but are still on there. Send us in game invites and add @gaf to your name so we know your GAF. I always make room and keep a GAF player on my list.

Have fun learning the game, ask any questions in here while you're learning. We'll do our best to answer.

To answer your first eventual question, yes you should consider rerolling during next weekend's godfest to make sure you get a decent starting card.

P.s. this will overtake FF for you soon, very soon. :)

donjezzy

Finally got to Ult Evo Zaerog8. I have no idea how im gonna get close to max skilling him tho. It took me 6 stones to beat him in the first place. should probably work on max skilling my pandora and persephone first and going from there.

hermit7

For those that are looking to awaken sakuya when she comes out try running Dragon rush for Fagan if you can, drops evolved so all you need is jewels.

Spent a good portion of the day attempting to get one to drop (kept spawning fatty) before I finally got one.

Will be all ready for her when she comes out just need some xp for Zho yu or whatever his name is.

yami4ct

For those that are looking to awaken sakuya when she comes out try running Dragon rush for Fagan if you can, drops evolved so all you need is jewels.

Spent a goodvlortion of the day attempting to get one to drop (kept spawning fatty) before I finally got one.

Will be all ready for her when she comes out just need some xp for Zho yu or whatever his name is.

If I have no top tier teams already and my best squad uses regular evo Kirin, Dragon Rush probably isn't an option is it? Seems like that'd be pretty tricky to accomplish.

hermit7

If I have no top tier teams already and my best squad uses regular evo Kirin, Dragon Rush probably isn't an option is it? Seems like that'd be pretty tricky to accomplish.

Tricky only because of zaerog and you don't know if he is going to absorb dark or light for 4 turns.

It is actually a pretty easy dungeon.

Floor one and two are burst able, three you have 4 turns but he turns a random orb to fire.

Four you have 5 turns to burst him before he kills you.

Five you can stall a bit, hits for 11k per turn until you get to half then you have one turn before he kills.

Six is either dark Fagan, light Fagan or fatty. Light has 5 turn skill bind, dark has 5 turn -2 sec orb movement. Fatty is fatty.

Zaerog has 50/50 light or dark absorb and 7 million health. Burst able with light so long as he doesn't absorb it.

Definitely doable and the easiest rush I think.

Do you guys have any opinions on my best A.Yomi team? I'm in need of a dark team.

The team I've been playing with is Yomi/Haku/Pandora/D.Iza/Beach Valk/Yomi.

Dark box:

Yomi/Haku/Z8/--/--/Yomi

Satsuki for one of the filler as a primo sub if you ever get one. Last slots goes to anything you want depending on the dungeon. From what you got: D.iza, Beach valk, Beachdora, another Z8 or even a Zuoh if you want more board change.

I feel not having optimal skilled subs is more of an issue with Yomi compared to the Egypt Awoken Gods.

If you don't have one max skilled Z8 and A.Haku you Def. consider the investment needed to have a functioning team... Not even talking about the potential +egg investment.
I'm feeling a little bit of regret for egging Yomi despite not having her ideal subs. Hopefully, she'll stay relevant long enough until I max skill a Z8/DIza or roll a duplicate Haku. Until then she can be a situational sub for Lkali/Bastet, I guess.

Bastet is probably the best starting roll in the game for a new player. It forces you to learn how to combo if you want to do meaningful damage but 4-7 combos isn't too difficult of a learning curve. Team composition is flexible enough that you don't need specific subs early on. And you won't regret investing in Bastet since she is still a top tier lead for endgame content.

Negator

What a dick. Glad this is done.

I think I can manage the two rushes. Then again thats what I said when Devil Challenge was here and I failed over and over and over.

IQbwf8Hl.jpeg

Zaerog has 50/50 light or dark absorb and 7 million health. Burst able with light so long as he doesn't absorb it.

Definitely doable and the easiest rush I think.
Bringing a delay or two makes light absorb trivial. Typically, I shield the first turn gravity and store hearts. Turn two, I heal up to survive the 19k hit. Turn three, I delay and wait out the light absorb.

hermit7

Bringing a delay or two makes light absorb trivial. Typically, I shield the first turn gravity and store hearts. Turn two, I heal up to survive the 19k hit. Turn three, I delay and wait out the light absorb.

Yeah I typically don't have any of those colors when I run it so I am able to delay with caocao and then burst the second turn with leilan or Urd. It just should be known when the dungeon is being attempted.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
And even then you can just change it in the settings.

How? I can't find it under the Others section.

Welcome to the game and the thread. A lot of us long time players don't reference that spreadsheet but are still on there. Send us in game invites and add @gaf to your name so we know your GAF. I always make room and keep a GAF player on my list.

Have fun learning the game, ask any questions in here while you're learning. We'll do our best to answer.

To answer your first eventual question, yes you should consider rerolling during next weekend's godfest to make sure you get a decent starting card.

wait, reroll during Godfest? I thought Bastet was good enough.

Negator

How? I can't find it under the Others section.

wait, reroll during Godfest? I thought Bastet was good enough.

He probably didn't see that you got Bastet. Bastet is a great leader from the beginning all the way to endgame.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you can't change the color. Oops.

FZZ

Banned
I just realized you can get valk, highlander, and berserk from this PEM event

Holy fuck. Last year these fuckers were in the REM.

My ideal Yomi team will be Yomi/Haku/Haku/Pandora/Zaerog Inf.But it takes a lot of stone to hypermax.
Is it good, guys?
Well.

Yomi/Haku/Z8/--/--/Yomi

Add as many dongs(Satsuki, A.Haku, A.Hades,etc), shields(D.iza, anything else offcolor) and orb changing/dropping to your taste.

Having one A.Haku is good enough, Satsuki and Z8 should keep you stocked with enhanced dark orbs for most of the floors with Haku there for an emergency. If you had a beachdora, you could justify keeping her on the team over other subs but normal Pandora lacks the prongs, all you're getting out of that slot is orb changing. You will likely want to replace her with some kind of donger down the road.

Top Bottom