• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

Wow - for the first time ever i cleared all Challenge Stages on my first attempt :eek:

Nice pull def. could have been worse :)

PS: Once we Nut she will be even more awesome - we just need to get the Water Desc. so she can be skilled up easier. All those lovely OE Awakenings.

Congrats for clearings :). Yeah waiting for uevo to be nut for peanuts or something. My blue team is not ready but I will definetly skillup her.

Btw just noticed that I have 2 days time to try some skillups for DQ, maybe I do it.

zoku88

Took Awoken Ama for a test spin against God of Judgement today.

It's almost impossible to lose. The only thing that does enough damage to KO is Hera Ur. My non-plussed team only has about 18K HP.

Kind of takes a while, though.

Quantum

Are they inebriated?

they are acting odd with the unusual giggling and off topic comments - this is one of the worst streams so far. not professional, and not campy enough to be entertaining.

the # of viewers hasn't been improving, remember the tiered strategy they had

14k viewers.... lol right.

jay23

I have enough shynpy to max skill ilya or I could save them for awoken Kirin. May have enough for both by the time she gets here, we're getting a free shynpy from the stream.

Negator

At first I had nothing to Pii up with these Shynpy, now I have to choose between Awoken Ra, Awoken Amaterasu, and Awoken Sakuya. Damn.

I have a notepad file that I use to keep track of my challenge dungeon mail in order, this isn't exactly ideal, lol. I plan to fill it out though, with the last two Challenge Descends and the last four challenge dungeons. They don't seem too terrible, I just have to not suck.

Yeah I have probably enough shynpys for Elia, but I also have Amaterasu and Sakuya to think about. Elia would be amazing on so many teams, but 10 pys is alot...

hermit7

Need 3 more piis for Amaterasu, then will work on getting enough for Kirin.

Have 6 badpy right now and no one to feed them too, thinking of just giving them to bikinidora because I don't want to evolve fairies. Could also use them on hkali, but Angelits when they are around are easy enough to farm.

J0dy77

So I pulled the rem outside of Godfest for what might be the first time ever. Directors choice and the valks were too tempting.

Blue maiden Valk

Thank you and I'm done. Really wanted dark but no complaints.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
*ok-lets-prepare-bastet-for a-nordis-attempts*

Passive. 50% Wood & Light damage reduction..

Nevermind. WIll just wait for 2x Halloween Dungeon.

So I pulled the rem outside of Godfest for what might be the first time ever. Directors choice and the valks were too tempting.

Blue maiden Valk

Thank you and I'm done. Really wanted dark but no complaints.

Sweet - time to spread the Blue Love here. Also with Poring Tower Up you can max skill her.

Rixa

Added some space to inventory figured that better add than pull some junk.

Pulled 3 times. Claymore (dupe), Thanatos (dupe), Gabriel o_, Nut gets some love. Gabriel came at lvl 49/50, nice surprise.

Iam not selling Claymore, if she will get some evo in the longrun. If not, let them rot in my inventory.

Happy about Gabriel o/.

J0dy77

Anyone have awoken Venus I can borrow to clear sandalphon?

Sweet - time to spread the Blue Love here. Also with Poring Tower Up you can max skill her.

Yeah. I was actually a little mad that I had to find stamina for poring tower now. Was going to completely skip it. First world problems right? Lol

Ducarmel

^I put mine up.

800 days on my NA account!

Iffy on pulling FF colab, on my jp I got Yuna, Sephiroth, and Squall max skilled too. I was using them at the time because the meta was a bit even, then they just fell off. No need for Yuna as a leader when I have Kite and Hathor, nor as a sub I have D.Iza. Sephiroth I was looking forward to playing with him but I don't have the subs to make him work as a leader, and as a sub, A.Yomi is better and his haste skill is kind of useless with that long ass cd. Squall if I ever make a red team he will have a sub spot.

I still have my Yuna BFF, Fauve!

J0dy77

^I put mine up.

800 days on my NA account!

Iffy on pulling FF colab, on my jp I got Yuna, Sephiroth, and Squall max skilled too. I was using them at the time because the meta was a bit even, then they just fell off. No need for Yuna as a leader when I have Kite and Hathor, nor as a sub I have D.Iza. Sephiroth I was looking forward to playing with him but I don't have the subs to make him work as a leader, and as a sub, A.Yomi is better and his haste skill is kind of useless with that long ass cd. Squall if I ever make a red team he will have a sub spot.

I still have my Yuna BFF, Fauve!

Thanks. I realized I didn't need it. I was thinking of wadatsumi dungeon. I just rolled over sandalphon with urd shiva dragon.

Is nice to see FF making its way over here but I'm not going to pull. The cards are extremely underwhelming now.

cw_sasuke

Yeah the Power Creep is crazy....a couple of month ago i would have lost my shit for the FF Collabo - but now ? I will pull once the Collabo comes back and these units get Uevos but right now they wouldnt improve my box.

I just hope that a lackluster response to the FF Gacha doesnt mean that they will be even more justified to skip Collabos for the western market.
Yeah. I was actually a little mad that I had to find stamina for poring tower now. Was going to completely skip it. First world problems right? Lol

Heh i know that feeling...always the same..at first you are very happy that you pulled a great unit and the 2nd thought is...shit one more unit to level, feed tamadras and max skill *first-world*problems*

Ducarmel

Is it a trap I recall the gold rates being pretty good, remember multiple reports of people getting like 3 golds in 3-5 pulls.

Or do you mean trap in the sense the collab is outdated?

Jagernaut

If you've been playing a while players choice is a crapshoot. There will be a lot of cards you don't want or already have. Plus I actually had worse luck than usual.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
so, I'm rank 20 now and working on the Tower of Giants, which is kicking my ass.

It seems really hard to make any progress unless I get an OP Helper.

Is there any low level farming advice? I've been doing runs of Demeter Forest for more green subs and feeders for my subs.

Should I attempt any of the special dungeons? the last one I tried was just a waste of stamina as I died.

cw_sasuke

so, I'm rank 20 now and working on the Tower of Giants, which is kicking my ass.

Is there any low level farming advice? I've been doing runs of Demeter Forest for more green subs and feeders for my subs.

Should I attempt any of the special dungeons? the last one I tried was just a waste of stamina as I died.

Hmm.. What does your team look like? Have you used your Best Friend option yet? If you chose a friend with fitting Top Tier leaders you can use their leaders non stop which can be quite helpful when starting out.

Also you should pull from the PAL Egg machine... You might get lucky and pull useful units like Valk.

But in general if you just started is normal that the stages take more effort at first... Once you rank up and can use better subs on your team you will steamroll this stage without issues.

bjork

I'm nowhere near the level of anyone else in here, but I found good success early on with a friend leader using an Echidna, and running "Dragons of the Tower" in the Tower of Giants tree repeatedly until I was about rank 50.

I don't know if it's available at rank 20, but there's a "once in a lifetime" special dungeon that is basically free ranks ups. Not sure what the stamina requirement is on it, though.

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
I'm nowhere near the level of anyone else in here, but I found good success early on with a friend leader using an Echidna, and running "Dragons of the Tower" in the Tower of Giants tree repeatedly until I was about rank 50.

I don't know if it's available at rank 20, but there's a "once in a lifetime" special dungeon that is basically free ranks ups. Not sure what the stamina requirement is on it, though.

i7timUw

These are p much my best monster choices right now.

edit: Ugh, not sure why the img tag isn't working. Here:

http://imgur.com/i7timUw

Rixa

Toss me a friend request so you get one more leader that helps you in Tower of Giants.
My ID: 347976340

StMeph

I have about 150k monster points right now. How good is the current Halloween D. Kali? Seems like basically a 2nd L. Kali (which I could use for my single L. Kali) with new art, but while that's good, it doesn't seem strong enough to warrant a purchase due not really enabling any new team builds for me.

hermit7

i7timUw

These are p much my best monster choices right now.

edit: Ugh, not sure why the img tag isn't working. Here:

http://imgur.com/i7timUw

You're doing alright. Definitely roll all your pal rolls and try and get a highlander. Would make your team much more stable with green orbs. Also add Osiris if you have the cost to your Bastet team. Great sub and will be a staple for your team down the line.

An alternative for highlander would be to run the lowest level of poring and get a green slime to drop they offer the same skill that you can use. If you get more than one it is awesome and you could use multiples.

Also sometimes they give piis for gifts, try not to use them on monsters with farmable skills, use them on cards that you aren't able to skill yet.

J0dy77

Is it a trap I recall the gold rates being pretty good, remember multiple reports of people getting like 3 golds in 3-5 pulls.

Or do you mean trap in the sense the collab is outdated?

For me, the pc Godfest is the ultimate troll. So many cards that I already have and the luck and rates that things drop is a big mystery. Saved 80 stones the last time for complete trolling.

PC Godfest is great for new players starting out. Long term players are better off focusing on higher rate pantheon times.

VRjjrF8l.jpg

Couldn't help but sing boyz to men - hard to say goodbye during this feed. Realizing awoken yomi is way too far off for me. I decided to buff d.kali and focus on the combo teams.

hermit7

I have about 150k monster points right now. How good is the current Halloween D. Kali? Seems like basically a 2nd L. Kali (which I could use for my single L. Kali) with new art, but while that's good, it doesn't seem strong enough to warrant a purchase due not really enabling any new team builds for me.

I bought hkali for use purely as a sub, and don't regret it one bit.

Will slide into kirin teams automatically alongside regular lkali. And if you want to use her for a lead her hp multiplier has situational uses where it allows you to absorb preemptives that you might not have survived.

If you dont have need for those uses you can probably pass.

Tower of Giants is considered the first wall that new players face, so don't feel disheartened if you start having struggles.

Try to rank up enough that you have 30 stamina, then run the "Experience of a Lifetime" special dungeon that's currently up and watch your rank EXP go bwooooooooooop

Kwhit10

For me, the pc Godfest is the ultimate troll. So many cards that I already have and the luck and rates that things drop is a big mystery. Saved 80 stones the last time for complete trolling.

PC Godfest is great for new players starting out. Long term players are better off focusing on higher rate pantheon times.

VRjjrF8l.jpg

Couldn't help but sing boyz to men - hard to say goodbye during this feed. Realizing awoken yomi is way too far off for me. I decided to buff d.kali and focus on the combo teams.

A while back I had the same choice, give about 150+ eggs to yomi or dkali, I chose dkali and she if almost hyper and will be my 2nd after lkali.

Seeing people's reaction to awoken yomi, and not having the right subs makes me glad I chose dkali.

cw_sasuke

Lets be real - DKali is the best unit in the game...if you are lucky enough to have her she will likely be always the priority Numero Uno.

PS. Okay time to farm some Blonia Skill-Ups.

Negator

Can go ahead and scratch off that all attribute U&Y team I posted. Max levelled my Kaede with the green snowglobe and Kaede/G.Valk/Skuld or SQ can go right into the Verdandi/Bastet team for those dungeons.

hermit7

Same thing happened to me. Except I had killed her and then failed to proc on the next floor even though I had my skills. Decided to just wipe, there will be plenty more opportunities to get her without wasting a stone.

She is not too bad of an invade, the dark one is more intimidating with that 7 million hp.

jay23

Whoa dark monster has 7 million HP? How do I look at what their stats will be if they invade? I can't find the info anywhere on pdx.

jay23

That feel when you're level 258 but still can't beat Zeus Vulcan/Mercury consistently :( lol

Just look at the descend for the day. Similar to jewel invades it shows their stats.

Diagoldos is today.

Ah ok I didn't even bother looking in there, diagoldos is not a descended I want to farm. I think Satan would be my best bet for Grisar. Awoken ra or kirin can handle the 7mill dark HP easily.

Negator

My best bet is probably to try and farm a D.Izanami while Elia is invading. I accept that max skilling both of them is going to be a long term process so I will do it in chunks.

zoku88

That feel when you're level 258 but still can't beat Zeus Vulcan/Mercury consistently :( lol

Ah ok I didn't even bother looking in there, diagoldos is not a descended I want to farm. I think Satan would be my best bet for Grisar. Awoken ra or kirin can handle the 7mill dark HP easily.

I can beat Mercury consistently only because A. Parvati makes it a breeze.

Vulcan still gives me trouble. But A. Amaterasu makes it pretty easy. (Really, only Hera Ur can kill you.)

razterik

Challenge level 10, 1 stone. Flubbed a combo on Z&H and ate a Super Nova. Otherwise smooth sailing.

Don't even know what to do with my stamina until 10x comes. Guess I'll go finish Nordis and Halloween for the stones.

Top Bottom