• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I knew I should have farmed more Keepers of Rainbow yesterday. Sorry Yomi, you'll have to wait.

As for Amaterasu, what's the best choice for a friend leader with her? Double A Ama is some pretty ridiculous RCV, but I would imagine some sort of HP booster would be better?
Who needs HP when you can zombie back from any hit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxxyELF6qKY

A.Ammy's main issue is her awful ATK, so get her hypermaxed if you want to invest in the team.

Kyuur

Ugh, Zeus-Dios down to 1% HP and no orbs fall for me to finish him off. Worst feeling, time to wait for stamina to regen.

J0dy77

That feeling when Awoken Yomi surprisingly becomes active and you forgot to level up a dark izanami for feeding. :(

What's the quickest way to get some dark exp right now? lol

Unlike attacker ammy, awoken Ammy is better than healer ammy. I will lose 5 skill ups, but that's not a big deal.

Now changing D/L Yomi, max skilled for awoken Yomi. That's tough. Change the world at 13 turns is awesome, it's a garanteed activation for awoken Ra with a good board. That can be huge.

Not having another Yomi makes that decision hard.

Projects! Awoken Ammy and finishing awoken susano.

Jonsoncao

Banned
That feeling when Awoken Yomi surprisingly becomes active and you forgot to level up a dark izanami for feeding. :(

Burn 50m coins to get Extreme king metal for an hour and then a few stones.

Ducarmel

Now changing D/L Yomi, max skilled for awoken Yomi. That's tough. Change the world at 13 turns is awesome, it's a garanteed activation for awoken Ra with a good board. That can be huge.

Not having another Yomi makes that decision hard.

Time extension awakenings make CTW kind of useless. I guess if you don't have the REM subs to have 7 or more it might be hard for 100% activation every board, but to me even 5 is enough. A.Yomi new skill does give you 5 seconds on top of the awakenings to move the orbs and on a shorter cd. In my experience using her on my JP account I never have trouble activating the board, and I consider myself average at puzzle solving.

It did bother me initially when Yomi lost ctw but now it bothers me that Venus still has it I wish they gave her a new skill. like 5 seconds to move and heal full health, gravity, bind clear, anything.

I regret piiing up A.Hades since he never gets any use, plus Asmo needs one more Pii to max skill too. The recent challenge dungeons all put Badpys beyond the reach of my teams too, unfortunately.

I regret piiing up A.Hades since he never gets any use, plus Asmo needs one more Pii to max skill too. The recent challenge dungeons all put Badpys beyond the reach of my teams too, unfortunately.
I feel like I dodged a bullet by putting him last on my badpy priority list. Though I might have to roll with him as a Yomi sub until I get more dark prong options.

Does DKali make sense as an Awoken Yomi sub? I'm looking at A.Haku, Zaerog8, DIzanami as the staples. I guess a second Z8 would be ideal, but I haven't even max skilled one yet.

DKali fills out the 100% SBR and she's hypermaxed, so she pads out the stats a bit. But her active doesn't fit at all. Not sure who I would put there instead though: Okuninushi, Asmodeus, maybe Dill Sirius? Any thoughts?

coy

1 badpy from hyper Yomi. I still have the Divine Realm to tackle which I should be able to do with Parvati barring any awful luck or poor performance.

I had an evolved DIza that I must've drunkenly fed for a skillup chance during the last event as I couldn't find her last night. Thankfully, I did the Izanami dungeon a few days ago and got one back and even had all the evo mats.

Same. I am 1 from max skilling him but wish I saved them as he is mainly used for farming purposes since I moved away from devils.

Does DKali make sense as an Awoken Yomi sub? I'm looking at A.Haku, Zaerog8, DIzanami as the staples. I guess a second Z8 would be ideal, but I haven't even max skilled one yet.

DKali fills out the 100% SBR and she's hypermaxed, so she pads out the stats a bit. But her active doesn't fit at all. Not sure who I would put there instead though: Okuninushi, Asmodeus, maybe Dill Sirius? Any thoughts?
I am in a similar situation with D.Kali and Okuni but no Z8. Time was a factor when the dungeon was around so hopefully it comes back soon. In the meantime, I have A.Anubus in there as a filler until I get my 2nd Haku awoken. Dreading doing Xuanzang again. Anyhow, Okuni is a solid choice for the time being.

razterik

Dark Kali fits okay, but she's probably not giving you enough dark orbs most of the time.

Satsuki is generally preferred for extra haste, TPA damage, an orb change and skill bind resist. A second Z8 or A.Haku would fit easily.

But D/B Okuninushi is a great sub as well. His damage boost isn't usually necessary, but he brings solid awakenings and a useful delay.

Jagernaut

I'll put together a A Yomi team after I get 2 more dark orbs. I have:

Satsuki - need 1 more skillup
D Izanami - max skilled
Haku - max skilled D/D, have held off on changing her to A Haku, wish I had a dupe

I need a Zaerog 8 but not looking forward to max skilling him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have played around a but with Tommy and she is fun to play... Missing a bunch of Awakenings on my dark subs still, so it's difficult to figure out what works best right now.

Satsuki and Z8 will he used for sure. As Board changer I will likely use Halloween Sonia of I can max skill her. Leaves only one spot for either DIza or Okuni... Hmm.

RCV on the team right now is horrible... That's a major issue. Probably will have to use DIza until I skill up Okuni.

I think you will probably want to add another orb changer... Without the 5 dark orbs things can get nasty quite fast lol.

coy

Wish I had Satsuki. I have not uttered those words since I was 18 and broken up with my gf while living in Japan named, you guessed it, Satsuki. I also have an ex named Rose and similar sentiments came up when I chose to main her for SFIV.

ZombAid82

Yes, got my first kaguyahime! 0-Stone!!! I'm so proud of myself^^
BTW is there anyone who uses frequently a gadius as lead. I wanna try some dungeon with him. Send me a friend request: 342 752 347

I am in a similar situation with D.Kali and Okuni but no Z8. Time was a factor when the dungeon was around so hopefully it comes back soon. In the meantime, I have A.Anubus in there as a filler until I get my 2nd Haku awoken. Dreading doing Xuanzang again. Anyhow, Okuni is a solid choice for the time being.

I think you will probably want to add another orb changer... Without the 5 dark orbs things can get nasty quite fast lol.

Dark Kali fits okay, but she's probably not giving you enough dark orbs most of the time.

Satsuki is generally preferred for extra haste, TPA damage, an orb change and skill bind resist. A second Z8 or A.Haku would fit easily.

But D/B Okuninushi is a great sub as well. His damage boost isn't usually necessary, but he brings solid awakenings and a useful delay.
Yeah Satsuki would be awesome. I'll probably toy around with Okuni and Dill Sirius and see which I like better for now. Hopefully the wizard series will be among the incoming buffs and Sirius will get some more awakenings/stats.

J0dy77

Dumped all of my stamina into emerald dungeon to evo dizanami feeder. Totally worth it. 4 piis later and she's ready for her trial runs.

IzSY5frl.jpg

J0dy77

Dumped all of my stamina into emerald dungeon to evo dizanami feeder. Totally worth it. 4 piis later and she's ready for her trial runs.

Took him/her for a quick test drive... hate it immediately. lol

This team cannot function without Z8 max skilled. I'm going to have to shelve it until I climb that major mountain. Without the consistent dark orbs and the requirement to match 6 combos with a guaranteed 5 dark is just way too inconsistent. It's easier to activate Ra consistently than keep up with this round after round. The team is only going to have one or two orb creators at most with limited usage in dungeon on it's own.

hermit7

This team cannot function without Z8 max skilled. I'm going to have to shelve it until I climb that major mountain. Without the consistent dark orbs and the requirement to match 6 combos with a guaranteed 5 dark is just way too inconsistent. It's easier to activate Ra consistently than keep up with this round after round. The team is only going to have one or two orb creators at most with limited usage in dungeon on it's own.

That is an interesting perspective. I may just keep using Bastet and Shiva. I will awaken yomi for her usage as a sub, which is still very useful, but I have been max skilling all my subs to make those teams much more consistent.

cw_sasuke

Yeah without max skilled orb generators you will be out of fuel after couple of rounds. Def. isnt as easy like Bastet to play. Def. more of a longterm project since my Z8 isn't even evolved or skilled yet.

Yeah I need Z8 to come back asap. I need to get him max skilled.

I really want my Yomi team to work out. At the moment Bastet is my only S tier leader, and I'd love to have another option for the high difficulty dungeons.

J0dy77

Yeah without max skilled orb generators you will be out of fuel after couple of rounds. Def. isnt as easy like Bastet to play. Def. more of a longterm project since my Z8 isn't even evolved or skilled yet.

The nice thing about her is that you have a TON of orb time on the team, pop an active and you can clear any board. It's 3 seconds just between the leaders. You can make the matches happen, you just need the dark orbs. I might switch to the very short cooldown orb changers for more testing until z8 is ready. Right now I have max skilled Persephone and Haku on the team but the cooldowns are just too long to use consistently.

Actually A.Yomi might be good on sub duty even without skill levels. He/She starts off at a lower CD than max skilled CTW and the active is pretty close to a strict upgrade.

Negator

I have a Haku and two Pandora I can use as orb changers for the team while I wait for some of the better ones. Definitely going to pray for Descended carnival for Xuanzang to awaken my Haku.

J0dy77

Actually A.Yomi might be good on sub duty even without skill levels. He/She starts off at a lower CD than max skilled CTW and the active is pretty close to a strict upgrade.

She's 100% better in Awoken form. Better stats and much better active. Change the world is great but has a long cooldown. With the extra 5 seconds I get from her active and time extend awakenings I can pretty much solve any full board with that amount of time. I don't need the free orb movement.

Jagernaut

Which Tamadra dungeon is more efficient, the 50 stamina or 99 stamina? The 99 stamina will give you at least 4 babies while the 50 stamina might troll you with chibidras but you can run it twice for the same stamina.

razterik

So far, I actually agree with this somewhat. Even with Z8, I'm having to solve away the entire board to achieve decent results. Coming from my Z8 and Shiva Dragon teams where I can just active my way to victory, this is a lot more effort than I'm accustomed to. I've always relied a lot of A.Shiva's lower activation cap and orb change subs to brute force when I didn't want to combo hard enough.

It might be good training for my combo abilities, I suppose. I don't regret hyper maxing her at all. She'll still be a great sub and the team should shine brighter in 7x6 boards where it's easier to rack up higher combo counts.

hermit7

Which Tamadra dungeon is more efficient, the 50 stamina or 99 stamina? The 99 stamina will give you at least 4 babies while the 50 stamina might troll you with chibidras but you can run it twice for the same stamina.

I think 50 stamina is more efficient for that reason.

Same 33% chance of a Tamadra on the last floor as well.

cw_sasuke

Yeah unless you need the Odin Skill ups 59 stamina is better.

Got a couple Tamadras for my dark units... So far so good. But honestly I never realized how bad the RCV is for most of the dark units I have. Played almost exclusive blue and green units were all solid character have rather higher RCV... So weird.

To be fair the units aren't all leveled yet but still the difference is quite high... At least the Hp figures are high even with +egg investment.

Stalling with A. Yomi is impossible right now for me, a heartmaker ala Pandora is probably also a must.

Besides all tha the.... Playing Yomi is very fun, longterm project though.

hermit7

Yeah unless you need the Odin Skill ups 59 stamina is better.

Got a couple Tamadras for my dark units... So far so good. But honestly I never realized how bad the RCV is for most of the dark units I have. Played almost exclusive blue and green units were all solid character have rather higher RCV... So weird.

To be fair the units aren't all leveled yet but still the difference is quite high... At least the Hp figures are high even with +egg investment.

Stalling with A. Yomi is impossible right now for me, a heartmaker ala Pandora is probably also a must.

Besides all tha the.... Playing Yomi is very fun, longterm project though.

Spent 4 stones on Tamadra retreat and was able to awaken amaterasu, Artemis, hkali, uriel, mayima, Nepthys, and chibi valk. Got really good rates today. Have a few more cards but they can all wait.

coy

After a couple of flubs, beat Divine Realm for the last badpy needed to hyper Yomi. I am still debating who to use until I get Z8 though I completely forgot I had a max skill Persephone as a possibility.

Looking at True Dragon Realm, I believe I can get through this with my Parvati team. I still want Kaede, Perseus, and/or Vishnu to help realize this team's potential, but it feels good being able to get through these tougher descends without them. And with 10x descends coming at some point, +egging both Parvati and Yomi teams will be much quicker.

I've also got 85 stones for either the PCGF or a choice godfest. I have several PCGF candidates so it may not be a good investment when it shows up, but I'd need to see the lineup first. Yomi making it makes more sense now but expect to see Lucifer still in the mix.

Jagernaut

I ran the 99 stamina Tamadra dungeon once for the stone and then used the rest of my stamina to run the 50 stamina twice.

I cleaned out my box and sold cards I probably won't use like my 2nd Godin and 4th Ronia and I'm up to 283k mp. I'm not sure what to spend it on when I get to 300k.

Is Shiva dragon worth it if I already have Awoken Shiva? For fire gods I have Yamato, 3 Ares (only 1 skilled and evolved), Set, Horus, Krishna, Ame, Awoken Hera Ur, and mini Cao Cao.

I don't have any Kali's so H Kali is tempting as a sub but if I pull a L Kali I'd rather use her as a lead.

For Neptune dragon I have these water gods : 2 Hermes (only 1 skilled and evolved), blue Valk, Gabriel, I&I, U&Y, and Bodin.

hermit7

I ran the 99 stamina Tamadra dungeon once for the stone and then used the rest of my stamina to run the 50 stamina twice.

I cleaned out my box and sold cards I probably won't use like my 2nd Godin and 4th Ronia and I'm up to 283k mp. I'm not sure what to spend it on when I get to 300k.

Is Shiva dragon worth it if I already have Awoken Shiva? For fire gods I have Yamato, 3 Ares (only 1 skilled and evolved), Set, Horus, Krishna, Ame, Awoken Hera Ur, and mini Cao Cao.

I don't have any Kali's so H Kali is tempting as a sub but if I pull a L Kali I'd rather use her as a lead.

For Neptune dragon I have these water gods : 2 Hermes (only 1 skilled and evolved), blue Valk, Gabriel, I&I, U&Y, and Bodin.

I think shiva Dragon is more of a farming monsters. With the ares however you would be all set with tons of rows. I bought hkali for the sole means of having a dupe that covers dark for Ra and kirin, but as a lead she does have significant use, a little less powerful but her added health and rcv for devils shouldn't be overlooked. Saw that a hyper ed team had over 45k health.

Neptune is quite good, but the active is a little redundant and you do have good subs. If your averse to getting kali, he might be the best option for you.

Jagernaut

Also a new update for Android users that supports Android 6.0

Edit. Poring Tower and Green Sprite, excellent, my chibi Valk and Perseus need skillups.

Do Elia/Grisar invades replace jewels? I still need 2 dark jewels for Awoken Yomi.

12141543_1157645387597385_1106120514738909752_n.png

*8 Million North America Downloads Event*
[Duration]: 10/23 (Mon), 12:00 AM (PDT) - 11/3 (Tues), 11:59 PM(PST)

What a milestone! 8 million downloads--thank you so much North America!

To celebrate this event, we are introducing the all new Angels of Fate event! Are you ready to take on Elia and Grisar? See here for more details:http://on.fb.me/1MaeY1l

■① Daily Login Bonuses
10/23 - 11/3 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT/PST) the following day.

■② New Challengers
There can’t be much scarier than taking on the most difficult dungeons in Puzzle & Dragons!
10/25 - 10/26 - Ultimate Devil Rush!
10/27 - 10/28 - Ultimate Dragon Rush!
10/29 - 10/30 - Ultimate Yamato Rush!
10/31 - 11/1 - Ultimate God Rush!

■③ Almost Off Cooldown!
A new slew of special and Challenge dungeons have been prepared to help improve your teams. Enjoy!
10/23 - 10/25 - Poring Tower
10/28 - 10/30 - Green Sprite
10/23 - 11/1 - Challenge Dungeons!

■④ Preparing for Battle
Prepare yourselves for the Angels of Fate with some experience for you and your monsters! The Experience of Lifetime dungeon not only provides valuable experience of ranking up, but can be used for Power-Up Fusion and Arbiter of Judgement, Metatron skill-ups!

10/23 - 11/3 - Experience of a Lifetime

■⑤ Special Event Content
Its roars will tear the sky and make the earth rumble!

10/23 - 10/25 - ????????????

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Angels of Fate invade from 10/23 through 11/3!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1MaeY1l
10/23 - Takeminakata Descended!
10/24 - Diagoldos Descended!
10/25 - Izanami Descended!
10/26 - Kanetsugu!
10/26 - Zaerog∞ Descended!
10/27 - Mephisto Descended!
10/28 - Satan Descended!
10/29 - Hera-Ur Descended!
10/30 - Grimoires Descended!
10/31 - Aamir Descended!
10/31 - Dragon Zombie
11/1 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
11/1 - Zhang Fei!!
11/2 - Zhou Yu!!
11/2 - ????????????
11/3 - Heracles Descended!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
10/23 - 10/29 - Orb Change Carnival

Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [begins at 10/23 (Mon), 12:00 AM (PDT), extends until 11/4 (Wed), 12:00 PM (PST)]

Fusion Bonus:
2.5x Skill Up rate

hermit7

Also a new update for Android users that supports Android 6.0

Edit. Poring Tower and Green Sprite, excellent, my chibi Valk and Perseus need skillups.

Do Elia/Grisar invades replace jewels? I still need 2 dark jewels for Awoken Yomi.

No jewels this event I don't think. It is only Elia and the devil.

I want to max out Elia but I doubt that will happen, needs too many skills and her invade is hard I have heard.

yami4ct

We're finally getting Angel invades? Stoked for that. Sad for what in means for jewels, but she's a legit great sub if you put the effort in.

jay23

So they will invade in any of the listed descendeds? Need to make sure I acquire both.

Had one of the most annoying pad days trying to get 1 Azure Demon Mask, wasted all my stamina on Wednesday dungeon smh.

yami4ct

So they will invade in any of the listed descendeds? Need to make sure I acquire both.

Had one of the most annoying pad days trying to get 1 Azure Demon Mask, wasted all my stamina on Wednesday dungeon smh.

I believe Angel invades some Descends and Reaper the others, that way you know what invade you're looking at before you throw stamina at a dungeon.

hermit7

8 hour rotations. For 8 hours angel will invade and then it will rotate to the devil. Rinse and repeat.

razterik

The way Ilya and Grilled work in JP is they both invade the daily descend, but rotate which one appears every 8 hours. It's not quite as frustrating as figuring out jewel invades for Rush dungeons, but it's not fun either.

All Shiva Dragon needs is an Ares or two and maybe Tomato. You're good to go, maybe want a red board change of any kind as flex sub.

Shiva Dragon can put out way more damage than A.Shiva and is far easier to use. I think if you do any decent amount of dungeon farming, he's worth it.

razterik

It doesn't really matter outside Challenge level 9/10 difficulty. A.Leilan might be your best bet. I run Summer Urd, who is a god type, but W/R. Verdandi also works this way. I would pick something that pairs nicely with a secondary orb change if board fix is necessary.

Rixa

Care to enlighten me:

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
10/23 - 10/29 - Orb Change Carnival

What is included to this OCC? Is it worth of using PAL pts at all? (Beside when youre nearing max PAL).

Top Bottom