• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

bjork

Here's what I'm currently working with. I've been treading water and just trying to catch dragon infestations because I'm kind of stuck everywhere else. On the special dungeons with multiple tiers, I can usually do the 15 and 25 stamina ones, and a couple of the 40s, but it's been 100+ days and I still don't know what I'm doing, heh.

I'm not sure who's good now and who's good later. I leveled Hello Kitty people because I like them, but they're not in any of my teams except Lilith Kuromi, because the special is 0 defense for one turn. But that's in an attacker team and that character is a devil so idk.

asjyqAU.png

keVTai4.png

EamWnmD.png

Here's what I'm currently working with. I've been treading water and just trying to catch dragon infestations because I'm kind of stuck everywhere else. On the special dungeons with multiple tiers, I can usually do the 15 and 25 stamina ones, and a couple of the 40s, but it's been 100+ days and I still don't know what I'm doing, heh.

I'm not sure who's good now and who's good later. I leveled Hello Kitty people because I like them, but they're not in any of my teams except Lilith Kuromi, because the special is 0 defense for one turn. But that's in an attacker team and that character is a devil so idk.
How far in Challenge Dungeons are you able to get? Lv5 frequently gives out Noels as rewards which can help with the exp grind.

Nut took me pretty far until I got better at the game and rolled Urd for an easy farming team. I'd try her out with just whatever blue team you can throw together, and work on your combos. Sumire is pretty solid too, with more end game potential. I can't give you end game team advice, since I'm not there myself yet, but you should be able to start tackling harder stuff with Nut.

Also, this series of guides was the single best source of information when I was first starting out: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...by-day-guide-to-pad-early-game-edition.38606/. It was super helpful to learn what I should be working on each day. I'd start with the early game guide, to make sure there's not something you've overlooked, and then just advance through the mid and late game guides when you get to them.

If you need someone that runs Nut, add me : 302,982,304. I have her up always because I have a few friends that run her, other than that It's 99% Urd until I switch to Typhon. I also have Sumire if you got that route. Just message me to put her up.

bjork

How far in Challenge Dungeons are you able to get? Lv5 frequently gives out Noels as rewards which can help with the exp grind.

I can get the first three no problem, then Lv4 shuts me down every time. But if I can figure out a better team build, maybe I can make it happen.

Nut took me pretty far until I got better at the game and rolled Urd for an easy farming team. I'd try her out with just whatever blue team you can throw together, and work on your combos. Sumire is pretty solid too, with more end game potential. I can't give you end game team advice, since I'm not there myself yet, but you should be able to start tackling harder stuff with Nut.

Also, this series of guides was the single best source of information when I was first starting out: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...by-day-guide-to-pad-early-game-edition.38606/. It was super helpful to learn what I should be working on each day. I'd start with the early game guide, to make sure there's not something you've overlooked, and then just advance through the mid and late game guides when you get to them.

If you need someone that runs Nut, add me : 302,982,304. I have her up always because I have a few friends that run her, other than that It's 99% Urd until I switch to Typhon. I also have Sumire if you got that route. Just message me to put her up.

I'll check out Nut and this guide. Hopefully I can make some decent progress. Thanks, guys. :)

bjork

What teams do you run, incidentally? My no-REM account has similar dark subs and can tackle most Lv4 and even some Lv5 dungeons.

The two main teams I work with:

1. Phantom Dragon, Anima
Immortal Dragon, Cursed Wyrm
Icedragon Plesios
ForestBahn
Tornado Holy Dragon
- usually with an Anima friend leader

2. Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke
Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore
Final Nightmare Harley Quinn
Lilith Kuromi
Flashing-Clawed Cyberbeast, Leonis

I tried to build around types with a leader that boosts that skill. I gave Kali a shot awhile back but I'm awful at getting all the types required for her boost each turn.

The two main teams I work with:

1. Phantom Dragon, Anima
Immortal Dragon, Cursed Wyrm
Icedragon Plesios
ForestBahn
Tornado Holy Dragon
- usually with an Anima friend leader

2. Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke
Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore
Final Nightmare Harley Quinn
Lilith Kuromi
Flashing-Clawed Cyberbeast, Leonis

I tried to build around types with a leader that boosts that skill. I gave Kali a shot awhile back but I'm awful at getting all the types required for her boost each turn.

I would try Nut and the best blues you can fit on the team as subs. If you can activate her leader skill with 5 combos, you're going to be good for most of the early stuff. Building a team early you really want a decent multiplier that's not too hard to activate and as few colors as possible. Even if you're building off a type, like dragon or devil, for the most burst potential you want one or two colors.

Also, make sure you're rolling in the pal egg machine event going on now. There's a lot of really good monsters in there that could make great subs on late game teams or even leaders for you now.

Have you considered trying a healer team? Something like L Meta, L Kali, Arcline, Echidna, Fuu, friend L Meta. That would net you a 12.25x attack multiplier and a small health bonus from the friend L Meta and has a good set of actives. If you can tackle Friday Expert, you'd also be able to uevo Ganesha to get another double TPA healer.

bjork

I would try Nut and the best blues you can fit on the team as subs. If you can activate her leader skill with 5 combos, you're going to be good for most of the early stuff. Building a team early you really want a decent multiplier that's not too hard to activate and as few colors as possible. Even if you're building off a type, like dragon or devil, for the most burst potential you want one or two colors.

Also, make sure you're rolling in the pal egg machine event going on now. There's a lot of really good monsters in there that could make great subs on late game teams or even leaders for you now.

I'm up to Vesta Cave and Legendary Dragon's Footprints on normal dungeons, but I'm not sure how far in that is. I just know there's a bunch of close calls on the stuff I have cleared, maybe more luck than anything, heh. Been pulling in the pal event, but I only kept Highlander so far. Everyone else has been fed.

Have you considered trying a healer team? Something like L Meta, L Kali, Arcline, Echidna, Fuu, friend L Meta. That would net you a 12.25x attack multiplier and a small health bonus from the friend L Meta and has a good set of actives. If you can tackle Friday Expert, you'd also be able to uevo Ganesha to get another double TPA healer.

I'll give it a shot and see how well I can go. One thing I like about this game is that even when I'm stuck like this, it's still fun to play. :)

Kyuur

@Bjork, I would personally go with:

Sumire
Amberjack
Blodin
Nut
Beach Frost Demon
Sumire friends

Blue Odin / Nut (once she gets uvo) would deal a ton of damage. Ideally you'd be matching two water combos, one with 5 for the leader and one 4 for TPA. Additional TPAs if you can fit them. Should beat a ton of content. :) You're going to need to get them max evolved and awakened though, especially Blodin.

New pantheon are system heartbreakers, neat.

bjork

writing all this down, heh.

I'll check back in, in awhile, and hopefully I'm at least somewhat up to speed. I have no expectation of being on the level of any thread regulars, but if I can get to where I can clear stuff, I'll be fine with that. :)

writing all this down, heh.

I'll check back in, in awhile, and hopefully I'm at least somewhat up to speed. I have no expectation of being on the level of any thread regulars, but if I can get to where I can clear stuff, I'll be fine with that. :)
I think the thing that would benefit you the most would be to look at template builds for your "popular" leaders, then iterate where necessary. Coming up with your own brews is fun, but you should look at already explored territory first.

The new descend boss Volsungr would be an amazing SS Isis sub but for the damage debuff. But considering my entire team is attackers, it probably won't be worth it.

Wow, took like 5 runs for a dark Xuanzang to show up. Would have raged if he didn't drop.

I just ran it and got Tengu, Dark Xuanzang, and Yoroku! Had to use one stone because I flubbed wadatsumi hard, but I'm happy with it! I don't have a maxed team and haven't tried any of these guys in their respective descends, so it was pretty big for me. Did it with my Urd team. I now know I can get the mats for Awoken Yomi, and hopefully I can roll a Haku eventually.

Tried Descend 2 and wiped on floor one, so I think that might be it for today.

All in all, descended carnival did not disappoint.

Dandte

Make sure to run the Experience of a Lifetime special dungeon for easy rank EXP. Nothing will attack you so don't worry about dying.

Big thanks for the tipps, especially for the "the Experience of a Lifetime special dungeon". My rank jumped from 45 to 59, which allows me to use

Nr. 232 Verche, the knight of the sky

a leader and

Nr 362 Odin
Nr. 751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
Nr. 251 Dub-mythlit
Nr. 247 Du-sapphilit

as subs.

I also could build a nice Nr. 636 Baal team i guess.
I wish i would have logged in casually, it would have so many stones :(

i read the forum guide, and i guess i should focus on the normal dungeons and increase my rank/cost.

ccbfan

You guys must have amazing luck or inversely I have terrible luck since 3 runs and I only have a light dragon thing (+1 though) to show for it.

Super easy with A Ama team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did a single run because i needed one more Tengu for Orochi and all 5 bosses dropped...very col. not that i need them...but still cool.

LuffyZoro

Big thanks for the tipps, especially for the "the Experience of a Lifetime special dungeon". My rank jumped from 45 to 59, which allows me to use

Nr. 232 Verche, the knight of the sky

a leader and

Nr 362 Odin
Nr. 751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
Nr. 251 Dub-mythlit
Nr. 247 Du-sapphilit

as subs.

I also could build a nice Nr. 636 Baal team i guess.
I wish i would have logged in casually, it would have so many stones :(

i read the forum guide, and i guess i should focus on the normal dungeons and increase my rank/cost.

Using Kirin as your leader and subs that cover Fire, Water and Light will give you a lot more damage if you can activate her consistently.

coy

Oh thank godfest, Group D's 2nd Descend Carnival is 8:30 PM. I thought it'd be at 12:30 PM during lunch break so when I didn't see it, I was afraid I missed out entirely.

Semi-OT but I had some excellent chilaquiles verdes for lunch and I may have been too food comatose to do well in the carnival.

bjork

I accidentally went into the descended thing this morning and the first fight is Goemon. I thought, "maybe if I can hang for awhile, I'll use stones to get through this." Like four turns later I was dead with almost none of his health gone, haha.

Been having fun trying these suggested team builds on Keepers today. Is there value in keeping these knight looking dudes with Guard Break?

hermit7

I accidentally went into the descended thing this morning and the first fight is Goemon. I thought, "maybe if I can hang for awhile, I'll use stones to get through this." Like four turns later I was dead with almost none of his health gone, haha.

Been having fun trying these suggested team builds on Keepers today. Is there value in keeping these knight looking dudes with Guard Break?

For now I would honestly focus on having the team cost to run your teams, getting some levels and worrying about these types of things later.

Your blue box is quite good, and can take you places.

Guard break is decent but is pretty much a early game sub only, once you have better subs (maybe try and find a way to get berserk for another short cool down orb change to round out the team)

Super busy day. Completely missed both my carnival hours. Didn't really need anything anyway and hopefully next time will be during 10x +eggs. I just hope I didn't miss out on the clear stones in case they reset next time. Or do the clear records persist like King Carnival?

Negator

1/10 durga skillups. game pls. pls.

3/20. Dear god why.

5/23. Damn. That didn't feel good at all, lol. At least I came out of it with about 25 plus eggs.

razterik

I just hope I didn't miss out on the clear stones in case they reset next time. Or do the clear records persist like King Carnival?

It's only one stone for completing all four dungeons. And it's never been reset or renewed to my knowledge outside the extra stone for buying the coin dungeon version.

Basically you didn't miss anything and can clear it next week or so when it returns. Hopefully we get the boosted event drop rates soon -- only got Tengu, Dark Xuanzang, and Yinping drops. No hope for coin version without 2x.

hermit7

It's hard to get above 20k hp with a healer team that has no hp boost. I figured it out and burst with Fuu + chibi Valkyrie + Venus to kill Goemon in the first turn.

I have been seeing some setups that use raph x ama as leads. The 2x hp is really helpful to hit thresholds, and ammy has great attack. Naturally rcv doesn't really get impacted because they are healers.

What are people's thoughts on the next pantheon for awoken evos? I am hoping for either angels or for devils.

Angels I would rather get a second evo with more awakenings before awoken evos.

Devils meanwhile have 2 evos (at least some of them) and their actives are far too long to be effective leads or subs really without skill ups.

Rixa

What about Arrival Carnival? Did you kill Goemon before he attacked?

His ama is +297 I think. paired with another, he can probably survive the first turn.

It's hard to get above 20k hp with a healer team that has no hp boost. I figured it out and burst with Fuu + chibi Valkyrie + Venus to kill Goemon in the first turn.

I was thinking that I do that Arrival Carnival, but new run was so late here 23.30. Then I looked dungeon and notice that Goemon is first opponent. Not sure I could survive long enough with my wood team (HP max 28k or so) to get skills up and do enough damage.

So decided that I need sleep more than frustration and I have better chances to obtain Zhou Yu in its own dungeon.

ZombAid82

I'm seriously considering to quit this
fucking
game entirely!
4 fucking Stones for Stamina yesterday, and i died 8/9 times!
The only run i survived once, was the first one, but didn't get the Tengu i wanted!!!
Why aren't there more Hyper Verdandi's in my friend list.

BTW thanks Sasuke, for your HyperDandi! Only with her, i could do it.....
Is there any possibilty for a bad player as myself to get my Skillup for my Verd?

cw_sasuke

I'm seriously considering to quit this
fucking
game entirely!
4 fucking Stones for Stamina yesterday, and i died 8/9 times!
The only run i survived once, was the first one, but didn't get the Tengu i wanted!!!
Why aren't there more Hyper Verdandi's in my friend list.

BTW thanks Sasuke, for your HyperDandi! Only with her, i could do it.....
Is there any possibilty for a bad player as myself to get my Skillup for my Verd?

Sucks to hear - Desc Carnival can be tough if you dont have a team that has cleared a couple of Desc before. What does your team look like nowdays ? Verdandi can clear the Trifruit stage you need for skill-ups but you will likely need a 5-turn orb changer, and someone like GZL in addition to other TPA dmg dealers. There are probably other options...but thats how i always beat it.

I know we have a couple more Gaffers with Hypered Verdandis like coy, atlantaguy etc. so make sure to add them as well if you dont have them. Did you use you Best Friend feature already ? If you mainly run Verdandi it would be best to use it on someone who has her maxed and up all time - this way you can farm forever without issues.

Dandte

Using Kirin as your leader and subs that cover Fire, Water and Light will give you a lot more damage if you can activate her consistently.
I tried, but it Looks like i Need more Training to handle situations Where i don't have the right orbs. Same as the Batman Full dark Team.
Today i Used a Friend masquerade gusest inazami, what a beast!
Also did a rem Halloween pull, got a Silver + egg with Thumbelina....Looks like she is kinda useless but has a nice atk Stat.

Ducarmel

Descend Carnival trolled me hard yesterday. Because I was busy I only could run it 4 times, decided to get the stone another day and just do Carnival 1. Unlike my jp runs I rarely get Dark Xuanzang invades, yesterday she invaded all four times but never dropped.

cw_sasuke

I tried, but it Looks like i Need more Training to handle situations Where i don't have the right orbs. Same as the Batman Full dark Team.
Today i Used a Friend masquerade gusest inazami, what a beast!
Also did a rem Halloween pull, got a Silver + egg with Thumbelina....Looks like she is kinda useless but has a nice atk Stat.

I think you would better off saving your stones for the Players Choice Godfest in a month...for new players without many Gods its probably the best way to spend their orbs and you will likely end up with a couple good leaders and top tier subs.

bjork

Threw a pull and got Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang. Seems like a pretty decent unit, so I might try a wood team now as well.

Dandte

I think you would better off saving your stones for the Players Choice Godfest in a month...for new players without many Gods its probably the best way to spend their orbs and you will likely end up with a couple good leaders and top tier subs.
Looks like it's the Same as optc. Do we get 1 Stone for free every day or only during Special Events. Iirc when i Started 2+ years ago, they were kinda rare

Top Bottom