• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Man I can't even beat zaerog. I find it so difficult for some reason. I think my team is alright for it, but I don't know.

I have beaten all the rushes without stoning so it should be doable.

Man I can't even beat zaerog. I find it so difficult for some reason. I think my team is alright for it, but I don't know.

I have beaten all the rushes without stoning so it should be doable.
Are you getting hit pretty hard by the levelup mechanic? GFEs tend to be disproportionately affected by it because they have high team cost.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not even using many GFE.

Bastet,vishnu,meimei,meimei,verd,bastet

I am not sure. I will beat it today but it is a letdown a bit.

You have more or less the perfect squad for the stage...assuming the units are max skilled. Whats the issue ? I havent beaten the stage THAT often but the only really issue is floor 9 when you have to do the 6 combos twice...imo.

Just yolo'd halloREM.

Got the 6* Halloween Laila. I'm out, after buying Halloween Kali and now getting another 6* REM exclusive I'm out.

Now is she worth skilling up...

Not even using many GFE.

Bastet,vishnu,meimei,meimei,verd,bastet

I am not sure. I will beat it today but it is a letdown a bit.

That team is capable of crushing Zaerog. How are your skill levels? I could see it being nasty if Vishnu and the Bastets aren't maxed. I've been running it with a similar team (replace one Meimei with a Liu Bei). Really, floors 1-7 should all be pretty simple. The real key is to conserve your orb changes for floors 8 and 10, and make sure you have a Bastet skill activation for when you head into floor 10. You should pretty much never need to use them earlier, especially since Vishnu can help keep you stocked on orbs. Bestcat just hits so hard that most of the dungeon shouldn't even be getting a chance to touch you. I think all but one or two of my deaths so far have come from floor 9's combo shenanigans.

Here's what I've been doing for each floor. Really, the combo requirements are pretty lax for a Legend Plus dungeon.

Floor 1: 5 combo with green TPA + red match. If you don't have enough orbs, use Bastet active.
Floor 2: 5 combo.
Floor 3: 5 combo + TPA should be enough to take out the knight and seriously wound a side unit, letting you kill the next turn. 7 combo + TPA should break defense and kill all 3.
Floor 4: TPA + combo hard. None of the pirates are too dangerous. Only really nasty situation would be having Awilda erase greens with her preemptive, but since she doesn't hit hard, it's not too dangerous even when that happens.
Floor 5: TPA + combo hard. Like the pirates, these guys are pretty harmless.
Floor 6: 5 combo
Floor 7: 6 combo + TPA should be safe I think, even against a red dragon. This floor has yet to kill me, so I'm not super sure on what's safe or not. Activate a skill if you're worried. I think 5 + TPA should be sufficient if there's no Red.
Floor 8: One of the few dangerous floors. Should be pretty harmless if you get a timer higher than 2 on the heavy metal, but if you get a 2 timer and don't have many greens, you can go ahead and use a board convert. 7 combo + 2x TPA + skill should be plenty to one-shot the heavy metal, if it comes to that. Just be sure you have a Bastet active one turn from activating when this ends (so you can use it in time for floor 10).
Floor 9: Choke hard and die.
Floor 10: Activate Bastet so Zaerog will strip the buff instead of doing anything worthwhile. Combo as hard as you can. If you can 7 combo + TPA here, you can probably take off nice chunk of his health, which gives you more wiggle room. Second turn orb change. 7 combo + a few TPAs should be lethal. Even if you don't kill, you should be able to do enough damage that Zaerog will heal + attempt to skill bind. Killing the next turn is then easy, since he'll be water element and will take double damage. The one way you can get screwed over here is if you had to spend one of your three board converts on floor 8, then get bad boards with both of your remaining board changers, but even that can be mitigated if your Vishnu comes back online in time.

hermit7

You have more or less the perfect squad for the stage...assuming the units are max skilled. Whats the issue ? I havent beaten the stage THAT often but the only really issue is floor 9 when you have to do the 6 combos twice...imo.

I just need to get the combo on 9 which is the issue. Every other round it is like 7 combos and then round 9 I just don't hit the combo requirement.

Skill levels are Bastet 1, vishnu max, meimei max, meimei 1 verd one off max, friend Bastet max

I was going to finish skilling up susano before meimei 2 and Bastet I don't see the need of having maxed out because her skill is redundant (and a little pointless). I could sub out meimei 2 for a maxed Artemis or a lei bei who is one off.

zoku88

My zaerog refuses to skill up. I'm not so great at this dungeon, so it's a pain. Need skill rotation for my light kali.

Also, did they add enhanced heal orbs to bard Robin in Japan? Seems like an odd awakening for him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just need to get the combo on 9 which is the issue. Every other round it is like 7 combos and then round 9 I just don't hit the combo requirement.

Skill levels are Bastet 1, vishnu max, meimei max, meimei 1 verd one off max, friend Bastet max

I was going to finish skilling up susano before meimei 2 and Bastet I don't see the need of having maxed out because her skill is redundant (and a little pointless). I could sub out meimei 2 for a maxed Artemis or a lei bei who is one off.

I feel you man...thats my issue as well. Honestly most of the time i dont even need to use a skill until floor 8/9...just like you hitting +7 combos but once it says "6 combos or you die"...well...lets just say im cracking under pressure xD

But you you will def. 0-stone it - which should be okay for the first time unless you want to farm him this time.

Negator

I didn't realize Descended Carnival had all those other floors. Damn. Need a Medjedra bad. Why is this an urgent dungeon...I'll be at work dammit!

Also, did they add enhanced heal orbs to bard Robin in Japan? Seems like an odd awakening for him.
He breaks hearts at least. And anything is better than those dumb stat awakenings.

I didn't realize Descended Carnival had all those other floors. Damn. Need a Medjedra bad. Why is this an urgent dungeon...I'll be at work dammit!
Are all of those available during the one hour or do they rotate?

Jagernaut

Yes! Cleared Zaerog8 with Bastet on the first try. I failed last time with Krishna. Used Bastet skill first turn to wait out his shield and make him debuff, killed him on the 2nd turn with Liu Bei active. 6 combo with 1 tpa + 2 sky combos = over 8 million wood damage.

Verdandi has +100 and friend Bastet is +297, every one else has no plusses.

SxBNA8T.jpg

4A8I7nc.jpg

hermit7

He breaks hearts at least. And anything is better than those dumb stat awakenings.

Are all of those available during the one hour or do they rotate?

Would also like to know this answer.

I see that there are 4 different descended carnivals, so I am hoping tomorrow is just the first. (or they are all put together like metals)

It's been a while but I think they're all put together (the first run in JP didn't have the 3k carnival, I think?)

Either way it got put on permanent? coin dungeon rotation in JP soon after debut so you don't have to anguish yourself too bad about making the time to run it.

ccbfan

Whats the drop rate on Descend carnival.

Really need all the ones from cost limited dungeons.

Everyone one looks like easy mindless wins with A.Amu.

Speaking of which anyone running A.Amu? Could always use more since it probably my most used team now.

I have a near 297 one that I'm gonna 297. Not sure If I'm gonna max skill it though since the skills not really something I have trouble keeping charged. Yellow piis are probably going to my Kirin or Thor when they get awoken. (Some already went to my Venus)

hermit7

Speaking of which anyone running A.Amu? Could always use more since it probably my most used team now.

I have a near 297 one that I'm gonna 297. Not sure If I'm gonna max skill it though since the skills not really something I have trouble keeping charged. Yellow piis are probably going to my Kirin or Thor when they get awoken. (Some already went to my Venus)

I have an Awoken ammy that is up sometimes. Currently is skill level 3, but will be maxed as soon as I get more light pii.

Then Kirin will be the next pii target.

I heard the drop rate is around 40 percent, which is decent enough so long as you're running the dungeon that you want.

Ducarmel

I usually get 2-3 drops a run and, 4-5 during boosted drop rates. There were 1 or 2 runs I can remember when I only got 1 egg.

Good luck with Dark Xuanzang, cant find my post but i remember on my jp account running Descended Carnival 1 like 10 times before she invaded to get the 1 I needed.

On my NA I need 2 Dark Xuanzang, 3 if I decide to change my DD Haku. :(

zoku88

I have a max skilled ama. Very few pluses on her though.

I have her up sometimes. 316932332

yami4ct

Pretty good article on Elia and Grisar
https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2015/10/22/farmable-monster-analysis-elia-grisar/

For those thinking about using pys or spending stamina/time max skilling them.

I think their value depends heavily on where you are in the game and your leaders. If you're maining Awoken Kirin and you've already maxed your other subs, her added value does justify the extreme cost. If you're not a whale, it'll be a long road, but she adds a ton of value in that situation.

For most teams, and for many players who aren't super late game just doing cleanup work on their main squad, they should be spending their stones and stamina elsewhere. I do think for late game non-whales, Eila at least can be worth it. I think Grisar is a tougher sell. For the squads he's good on, he's not as massive an improvement over his alternatives as Eila is.

jay23

I think their value depends heavily on where you are in the game and your leaders. If you're maining Awoken Kirin and you've already maxed your other subs, her added value does justify the extreme cost. If you're not a whale, it'll be a long road, but she adds a ton of value in that situation.

For most teams, and for many players who aren't super late game just doing cleanup work on their main squad, they should be spending their stones and stamina elsewhere. I do think for late game non-whales, Eila at least can be worth it. I think Grisar is a tougher sell. For the squads he's good on, he's not as massive an improvement over his alternatives as Eila is.

I've been playing this game for 430 days and I still don't know who I'm maining. Shiva is my go to lead right now but I haven't invested any of the plus eggs I have on her. I'm afraid of investing plus eggs on a team just for it to become irrelevant in a couple of months.

Still preparing my Awoken Kirin team, need to max skill both of my L.Kalis. Already have SQ and apollo max skilled.

Just give me the word gung ho

hermit7

I've been playing this game for 430 days and I still don't know who I'm maining. Shiva is my go to lead right now but I haven't invested any of the plus eggs I have on her. I'm afraid of investing plus eggs on a team just for it to become irrelevant in a couple of months.

Still preparing my Awoken Kirin team, need to max skill both of my L.Kalis. Already have SQ and apollo max skilled.

Just give me the word gung ho

Nice, I have Fagan all set, just need some levels on the blue one.

Need two more for Haku so I may get Haku first and then Kirin and then finally the second Haku.

coy

I'm getting kinda boned being in Group D tomorrow. I'll be driving to work during the early time then only half hour for lunch during the later time. That's not enough time to complete the set so I've got to be selective on which bosses to go for.

Negator

Group C here. Half of the first one is during my lunch break and the second one is IMMEDIATELY after work ends. How sad is it that I'm going to go to the break room to play PAD after work...

coy

Group C here. Half of the first one is during my lunch break and the second one is IMMEDIATELY after work ends. How sad is it that I'm going to go to the break room to play PAD after work...
I've taken extended bathroom breaks to run Star Vault. They must think I have a weak constitution with the lengthy breaks.

coy

Nice work! I wish I had time to commit to running this but it just ain't happening today like I wanted to. Will hope this falls on a weekend or holiday next time.

2/15 on Z8 skillups today, bringing me up to skill level 8. Very disappointing. I was hoping to finish him off today. Time to wait another month for my next chance....

Kyuur

Anyone else think Zaerog8's unevolved form is far better looking than its evolved. In a sort of 'I have achieved my perfect form' way.

yami4ct

I love it when the free jewel dungeons drop the jewel I want on the first go. Now only 2 more yellows before I have all the jewels for Awoken Kirin. God dang is she an investment. That evolved Fagan is a killer.

Rixa

Finished my 6th 297. Disparity between my +eggs only seem to be getting wider.

5h2JChO.jpg

Wish they would sell stat-specific +eggs for MP.

Pst if you wrap picturese around [ QUOTE ] tags [ /QUOTE ] they aint so big.

How does that Descended Carnival work? Iam at C group and for me its 19:30 - 20:30 EET (very good time). Are all the 4 dungeons open at the same time?

Dandte

Heyho, i want to get back into pad. I Started over a year+(Maybe Even 2 ) ago and stopped playing. Then i Came back for the Batman and nge Events. Lately i got the itch to Play some pad, so i will Start again. The only Problem is, that i don't know if it is worth to start over or not.

I'm currently Rank 45 with a total cost of 53 and Here is my box:

Ok, i don't unserstand the iOS imgur App...
http://imgur.com/a/GVPMs

"story wise" i' m in the Tower of nature dungeon 3 and Special dungeon in the Second Main dungeon.

Can i Build a decent Team for the Moment? Iirc i Used the Self healing siren a lot.

Kirin has endgame potential but she's not exactly beginner friendly (you'll have to learn how to puzzle hard eventually anyways though, and ANUBIS is an even more extreme version for very crazy players). Batman is usually fine enough to lead with for day to day situations early on, so try building a dark team with him.

The Halloween dungeon currently running drops a lot of monsters useful for a dark team, so as long as you can deal with the newbie sucker punch (the fireballs have 54,000 defense and 1000 hp) you can farm the lower difficulties. Bane can deal with the gimmick once he's evolved, but idk if you can get that to happen before the dungeon closes.

Make sure to run the Experience of a Lifetime special dungeon for easy rank EXP. Nothing will attack you so don't worry about dying.

Quantum

2.5x skill up is a lie

- I hate RNG.

- been collecting the % discounts on itunes cards recently - willing to buy stones - com'on gungho figure out how to tempt me to spend:

- I have no use for players choice gods
- the Halloween cards are just terrible - seriously even the art is messy and loud.
- Shiva Dragon team has just about killed my desire to obtain anything else - probably the reverse effect then was intended.
- I see no reason to farm/stone dungeons hoping for an invade that then only maximally skills up a mob 1/4 - I can do math.

- I'm guessing its just that gungho is finding itself is a tough place, with more "whale" type players running out of content and the new cards not really being that interesting - they are forced to introduce more power creep which either ostracizes new players or annoys the whales because when failing a dungeon it feels less like the players fault and more like bullshit RNG manipulation.

And Scene.

J0dy77

Can we take a second to look at Awoken I&I and her buffs? I feel like she's flying under the radar but could be a beast of a team. The fact that her active skill got buffed to two turns and her leader is already at 14.4 when running dual I&I is a ton of potential. Throw in a Sarasvati and a bunch of orb changers and she's got a ton of burst.

Anyone plan on running her? She might become my new farm lead.

bjork

I can finally clear Keeper of the Rainbow in one go. Hopefully this means I can evolve a bunch of characters soon. I might just gem my way through Keeper of the Gold so I can get Light Kali's ultimate done and over with.

I can finally clear Keeper of the Rainbow in one go. Hopefully this means I can evolve a bunch of characters soon. I might just gem my way through Keeper of the Gold so I can get Light Kali's ultimate done and over with.
Keeper of Gold costs 3,000 MP, so if you are planning on using more than 5 stones per run you would be better served chucking stones into the gold demon dragon, selling whatever comes out, and buying a keeper from the MP shop.

bjork

I don't know of the gold demon dragon, but I only have like 300 coins. I don't think I have any units worth many coins, tbh.

razterik

If you're at the point where you can't handle Gold Keeper yet, ultimate Kali isn't going to do much more for you than the regular version. I'd hold onto PAL points and pray he drops from the evo carnival PAL machine when it comes next. Just switch focus to something else until then.

Would not buy evo mats with MP ever. Or five stone for them for that matter.

ccbfan

Can we take a second to look at Awoken I&I and her buffs? I feel like she's flying under the radar but could be a beast of a team. The fact that her active skill got buffed to two turns and her leader is already at 14.4 when running dual I&I is a ton of potential. Throw in a Sarasvati and a bunch of orb changers and she's got a ton of burst.

Anyone plan on running her? She might become my new farm lead.

A new monster is coming out thats similar leader skill to I&I except 2x hp instead of 2.5 RCV. She's also an orb changer and have great awakenings.

The Japanese Tier list already have both I&I and this new monster and Thor and his new partner as S tier teams.

Awoken Norse is basically going to be a much superior version of Ronia/Beel teams.

I'm already excited about my.

Freyr, A Leilan, Urd, Ronia, Rodin

or

Thor, Apoc, A Ama, Apollo, A Venus/Valk

Top Bottom