• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Nut took me pretty far until I got better at the game and rolled Urd for an easy farming team. I'd try her out with just whatever blue team you can throw together, and work on your combos. Sumire is pretty solid too, with more end game potential. I can't give you end game team advice, since I'm not there myself yet, but you should be able to start tackling harder stuff with Nut.

Also, this series of guides was the single best source of information when I was first starting out: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...by-day-guide-to-pad-early-game-edition.38606/. It was super helpful to learn what I should be working on each day. I'd start with the early game guide, to make sure there's not something you've overlooked, and then just advance through the mid and late game guides when you get to the

Just wanted to thank you for posting that guide. I'm just a bit behind where bjork seems to be and that early guide/mid game guide is really useful. Reading it makes me realize I made some bad calls (got rid of the resistance dragons pretty early on.) I'm rank 69 and II haven't been able to get to Castle of Satan in the Abyss yet. Having trouble.on the dark technical dungeon. Hoping this guide will help me out.

I don't think the resist dragons are necessary at all anymore. Lot of guides still seem to assume a 2013 metagame when many things to help beginners catch up were added over the past year.

Ducarmel

I am always put on the spot with JP godfest. Do I go for the pantheons I am interested in or do I go for the Kali's that are mixed in with a pantheon I do not want..

ZombAid82

Sucks to hear - Desc Carnival can be tough if you dont have a team that has cleared a couple of Desc before. What does your team look like nowdays ? Verdandi can clear the Trifruit stage you need for skill-ups but you will likely need a 5-turn orb changer, and someone like GZL in addition to other TPA dmg dealers. There are probably other options...but thats how i always beat it.

I know we have a couple more Gaffers with Hypered Verdandis like coy, atlantaguy etc. so make sure to add them as well if you dont have them. Did you use you Best Friend feature already ? If you mainly run Verdandi it would be best to use it on someone who has her maxed and up all time - this way you can farm forever without issues.

My Team: Verd, Verd, Griffin Rider, Echidna, ChuChu and Hyper Friend Verd.

Can i Change my best friend right now? Unforunaly it is at the Moment on a Rodin, which i use as my farm Team with Ame no Uzume, Lu Bu, Ares, Persephone, Echidna and Rodin Friend.

Edit: Isn't the trifruit another Skill atm? I can't clear that Trifruit dungeon btw....

Negator

Best friends reset every couple of months, so you would have to wait unless someone who hasn't used thiers yet BFFs you.

Norn skillup rotation is probably going to happen next month. The skillups rotate monthly. Verdandi uses the green/light trifruit for skills.

Edit: anxiously waiting for more info on D. Meta

J0dy77

I am always put on the spot with JP godfest. Do I go for the pantheons I am interested in or do I go for the Kali's that are mixed in with a pantheon I do not want..

Depends on your team needs I guess. I always throw a pull or two when the GF exclusives I want are on higher rate. I'll pull more to go after the pantheon gods. I've done very well as a Non IAP with completing pantheons I really wanted but making sure I focus my rolls around them (that and dumb luck).

Jagernaut

Posted by Unknown_PC on puzzleanddragonsforum:

New
JP iOS version is up apparently. Dmeta LS numbers:

Static dark portion is 1.35x HP/ATK
Scaling ATK portion is 1x between 100~80% HP, 3x when under 80% HP, 4x when under 50% HP

So it should be

80% - 100% hp - 1.82x atk
50% - 79% hp - 16.4x atk
< 50% hp - 29.16x atk

That's almost a double atk boost for being under 50% hp. And no more type restrictions. Nice.

Edit. Now that they have removed the type restrictions from Awoken Horus and Dtron, what about Awoken Ra and U&Y?

ZeroAKA

So it should be

50% - 79% hp - 16.4x atk
< 50% hp - 29.16x atk

That's almost a double atk boost for being under 50% hp. And no more type restrictions. Nice.

Edit. Now that they have removed the type restrictions from Awoken Horus and Dtron, what about Awoken Ra and U&Y?
And now I want a DMeta again. Why didn't LMeta get a leader skill buff?

Goldrush

Are the Angel and Reaper just good farmable cards or are they there plans for them to be fusion material/new gameplay mechanics later? Got duplicates and now, considering how much stamina went into obtaining one, I'm wondering if I should feed it for a chance at skill up or save it.

Ducarmel

Just wanted to thank you for posting that guide. I'm just a bit behind where bjork seems to be and that early guide/mid game guide is really useful. Reading it makes me realize I made some bad calls (got rid of the resistance dragons pretty early on.) I'm rank 69 and II haven't been able to get to Castle of Satan in the Abyss yet. Having trouble.on the dark technical dungeon. Hoping this guide will help me out.

No problem. Yeah, the guide is a little dated but it's a great place to start. The game is a bit overwhelming at first and I found it immensely helpful to have a reference on what to do day to day.

Can i Change my best friend right now? Unforunaly it is at the Moment on a Rodin, which i use as my farm Team with Ame no Uzume, Lu Bu, Ares, Persephone, Echidna and Rodin Friend.

Edit: Isn't the trifruit another Skill atm? I can't clear that Trifruit dungeon btw....

You can try sending your BF a message to see if he has any other monsters. I just randomly found a guy when I turned 50 on pad forums, and I just used whatever he had up at the time, but now I message him to put up different leads and he's pretty responsive. He seems like kind of a whale, so if I ask him if he has a certain lead, it's usually a yes.

Bladelaw

I've been poking my head around here for a while. I've been slowly building my team, possibly wrong but hey I'm not playing super seriously. I have a good base to work from (I think) but my account level is too low (70) to really put out a stacked team.

I guess I'm looking for help on what to focus on next.

My main team is The Norn of the Past Urd (red/blue), Okuninushi (purple), and 1 cost fillers.

The big names I have access to:
The Norn Verdandi
The Norn of the Past Urd
Okuninushi
Sun Wukong
Ra (x2)
Baal

Then a bunch of multicolored filler.

ZombAid82

You can try sending your BF a message to see if he has any other monsters. I just randomly found a guy when I turned 50 on pad forums, and I just used whatever he had up at the time, but now I message him to put up different leads and he's pretty responsive. He seems like kind of a whale, so if I ask him if he has a certain lead, it's usually a yes.

I asked my BF, but he doesn't have one :-(

I've been poking my head around here for a while. I've been slowly building my team, possibly wrong but hey I'm not playing super seriously. I have a good base to work from (I think) but my account level is too low (70) to really put out a stacked team.

My main team is The Norn of the Past Urd (red/blue), Okuninushi (purple), and 1 cost fillers.

The Norn Verdandi
The Norn of the Past Urd
Okuninushi
Sun Wukong
Ra (x2)
Baal

Depending on the rest of your subs Urd or Verdandi. Save all your stones and try to pull some good subs in next month's Players Choice Godfest.

Cool. Haven't really used Google Play Games - I assume this will work for PAD. Finally the world can see my mediocre matching skills lol.

The Norn Verdandi
The Norn of the Past Urd
Okuninushi
Sun Wukong
Ra (x2)
Baal

Based on that, I'd run with Urd or Verdandi (whichever you have the best subs for, most friends for, or are already invested in) for now. Then gradually start learning how to play Okuni or Ra.

Bladelaw

Depending on the rest of your subs Urd or Verdandi. Save all your stones and try to pull some good subs in next month's Players Choice Godfest.

You have a lot of great leaders to work with. I would go mono red or green with Urd or Verdandi until you can fill out more subs.

So basically keep pushing level ups to get a team cost increase to start adding more big guns that I'll hopefully pick up in the player's choice pick?

I can work with that. Basically those mega XP fests they've done recently have been a huge shot in the arm to my play time.

What's some good red/blue/green filler? I find Expert levels are a crapshoot on whether I sweep or wipe and novice/int difficulties are always a sweep but don't give that much XP.

So basically keep pushing level ups to get a team cost increase to start adding more big guns that I'll hopefully pick up in the player's choice pick?

I can work with that. Basically those mega XP fests they've done recently have been a huge shot in the arm to my play time.

What's some good red/blue/green filler? I find Expert levels are a crapshoot on whether I sweep or wipe and novice/int difficulties are always a sweep but don't give that much XP.

Urd Guide

Verdandi Guide

The two guides served me well. They cover both REM and farmable subs for the leaders you are using.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

How much burst damage does your team per round ? Or specific how much hard does Griffin Rider hits when when you clear 3 or 4 wood TPAs ? With 3 Verdandis you have 3x burst options per run, so you should be able to clear the stage soon...might need a skilled Echidna or a Poison Unit like Lillith to have an easier time on floor 3.

Def. try to pull another Wood damage dealer for your Verdandi team on upcoming Godfests, should improve your overall team performance a lot.
So it should be

50% - 79% hp - 16.4x atk
< 50% hp - 29.16x atk

Well guess its finally time to give DMeta a shot. Still no Hanzo but i dont care anymore about him. It was said before that you dont even need to bother with her if you dont have Hanzo, so we will see. I have a feeling this Dark team will be used more often than A.Yomi - since she is in direct competition with A.Bastet for me and i dont have a max skilled Z8 yet.

This means i need to max skill Pandora through Dark Carnival now...urgh.

Jagernaut

How much burst damage does your team per round ? Or specific how much hard does Griffin Rider hits when when you clear 3 or 4 wood TPAs ? With 3 Verdandis you have 3x burst options per run, so you should be able to clear the stage soon...might need a skilled Echidna or a Poison Unit like Lillith to have an easier time on floor 3.

Def. try to pull another Wood damage dealer for your Verdandi team on upcoming Godfests, should improve your overall team performance a lot.

Well guess its finally time to give DMeta a shot. Still no Hanzo but i dont care anymore about him. It was said before that you dont even need to bother with her if you dont have Hanzo, so we will see. I have a feeling this Dark team will be used more often than A.Yomi - since she is in direct competition with A.Bastet for me and i dont have a max skilled Z8 yet.

This means i need to max skill Pandora through Dark Carnival now...urgh.

You don't need Hanzo but if you use Haku it's still good to have someone to combo with her like Satsuki, or even Cyclone Devil Dragon.

Thanks for the guides!

Probably sticking with Urd since I went through the trouble to evolve her and fill out her awakenings.

Urd is really fun, and super easy to farm stuff. I'm working on my Typhon team for end content, but I imagine I'll spend most of my time using Urd for day to day stuff.

Mine should be max level the next time we get Ruby dragons, and has +110 plus eggs. Add me if you want, she's up 99% of the time. My ID is 302,982,304.

cw_sasuke

You don't need Hanzo but if you use Haku it's still good to have someone to combo with her like Satsuki, or even Cyclone Devil Dragon.

Guess its good that i also dont have Haku - no issues here :)

I could run DMeta/Flex(Vampire Lord)/Pandora/Persephone/Halloween Blonia/DMeta once we get her. Need to work on those skill ups first though.

coy

I love seeing the influx of newer or returning players in here.

I've been keeping Yomi up 24/7 which means Verdandi is pulling me less PAL points. I need to not neglect her as I have a couple dozen on my FL at any time, several here from GAF. I can't wait for her uevo to arrive. I'm also building up my 2nd Meimei for her team thanks to the Descend Carnival. Same goes for my 2nd Haku.

I also have the mats to finally awaken Orochi, but my water teams trail the other ones in terms of end-game viability. I need a good leader as Blonia is the best I got. I do have I&I and will awaken her to see how that goes.

Bladelaw

Urd is really fun, and super easy to farm stuff. I'm working on my Typhon team for end content, but I imagine I'll spend most of my time using Urd for day to day stuff.

Mine should be max level the next time we get Ruby dragons, and has +110 plus eggs. Add me if you want, she's up 99% of the time. My ID is 302,982,304.

Cool, my ID is 359,468,351

I may need to open a friend slot. you can do that right?

ccbfan

The ability to use CDD and Vamp Lord/Shadow Dragon Knight with Meta is a huge buff for me with DMeta,

My DMeta teams always had two problems, how do I get rid of hearts and nothing to combo my Haku with.

Dandte

Guys,

i ran into a box space problem and don't have gems for box space increase. The problem is, i don't remember which units are orth to keep and which don't. f.e. the tamadras (?) are used to activate awoken skills, right? But do i need f.e. the fluffy blue sheeps or all the dragon plants/seeds?

I also ran into my first road block usind the 2xatk god team + masquerade guest inazami. I'm currently stuck at Tomb of the Saint-Deep at Hades. I can get him down to like 15% but then he kills me. With orb luck i should be able to kill him.

I also need to clear my friendlist. Most of them weren't online for 600+ days -.- btw, is it correct that i can use non-friend leaders captain leader skills, it seems so apparently.

And this is my current box which needs some dusting:
EmL15rd.jpg

zoku88

^Dandte Yes, non-friends leader skills work now.
Use this team:

Sakuya Verche Asuka (random water that doesn't mess with you) Odin

That should be good enough for where you are. (if that fits in your cost limit)

Given that the weekday dungeons are 2x always now, I wouldn't worry about keeping stocks of materials, if you need box space.

Man, this is killing me. I have all of the mats for A. Yomi, but I can't devolve her because I currently don't have the *lits necessary D:

Man, this is killing me. I have all of the mats for A. Yomi, but I can't devolve her because I currently don't have the *lits necessary D:
Haha this is me whenever a split uvo comes out. It's mostly because of my unofficial 300 box space challenge (aka I'm too cheap to expand my box).

I'm really liking Yomi though. I have the 3/4 perfect subs (A. Haku, Zaerog, DIzanami) and since I've been using Dill Sirius where Satsuki would be. Already took down no RCV True Endless no problem. Once I get Z8 max skilled I'll be in business.

zoku88

Haha this is me whenever a split uvo comes out. It's mostly because of my unofficial 300 box space challenge (aka I'm too cheap to expand my box).

I'm really liking Yomi though. I have the 3/4 perfect subs (A. Haku, Zaerog, DIzanami) and since I've been using Dill Sirius where Satsuki would be. Already took down no RCV True Endless no problem. Once I get Z8 max skilled I'll be in business.

I'll probably be doing A. Haku A,Haku Zaerog and Diza long term.

I probably won't use Zaerog yet since I wasn't able to skill him :S

Dandte

^Dandte Yes, non-friends leader skills work now.
Use this team:

Sakuya Verche Asuka (random water that doesn't mess with you) Odin

That should be good enough for where you are. (if that fits in your cost limit)

Given that the weekday dungeons are 2x always now, I wouldn't worry about keeping stocks of materials, if you need box space.

Ah sry. i forgot to mention my rank and cost. I'm currently rank 61 with a max cost of 66, so your mentioned team wouldn't work :/ i currently farming exp, using my god 2xatk boost or asuka attacker team.

cw_sasuke

And just like that I'm feeling even better about my Halloween Sonia pull.. Seems like Satsuki is a good fit as well.

... And 50k HP..nuts.

DMeta is now super flexible without the type restrictions, so I wouldn't worry about having those exact same subs. There will be plenty of viable subs. The team in that vid is far from ideal, but I guess works perfectly fine for that specific dungeon. Surprised that player doesn't have Claire Valk which is strictly better than DValk. Any version of Haku would combo with Satsuki for even more damage than HBlonia, but I guess it's unnecessary overkill and takes a tad longer to combo when farming easy dungeons. DMeta lacking a SBR seems to be the biggest limiter of subs if you want full SBR. I could see HAlraune being a common sub as an unbindable bind clearer(with Haste) and 2 SBRs.

razterik

So the OG whale leader back in the top tier?

No. Any high tier leader can clear mech dragon rush without problem. And that team looks pretty aweful, honestly. She's better now and at least worth running in some instances, but still has many issues. Show me an Ultimate Arena clear and I'll be impressed.

New Castor is probably the preferred double skill bind resist sub. Even works in multiples to open up a flex slot.

razterik

So, what IS the ideal D.Meta team? Does it involve a bunch of Beach Pandas and Beach Valkyire?

If I was building one right now, it'd probably be something like Dark Tron/A.Haku/Castor/Bikini Pandora/Satsuki/Dark Tron. Pandora could be regular version or Akechi. Satsuki could be Z8, Bikini Claire, Grisar, something with a skill boost and skill bind resist.

NA uevos and Arena are up now. Not ready to toss stamina at it yet.

If I was building one right now, it'd probably be something like Dark Tron/A.Haku/Castor/Bikini Pandora/Satsuki/Dark Tron. Pandora could be regular version or Akechi. Satsuki could be Z8, Bikini Claire, Grisar, something with a skill boost and skill bind resist.
Why do you need that 9th/10th skill boost in that final slot? Aren't all those actives less than 9/10 turns when max skilled?

hermit7

EU just got uvos for Ame, Osiris, Nut

and &#65333;&#65324;&#65332;&#65321;&#65325;&#65313;&#65332;&#65317;&#12288;&#65313;&#65330;&#65317;&#65326;&#65313;

Excited for Ame, bind clearing is going to be sweet when needed for shiva. Finally good to have a solid cleric for red teams. and the rcv boost is also pretty helpful for those situations where you might need that extra bit of healing.

Nut is an awesome sub already with 4 turn orb change, as is Osiris. Just wish I could pull one.

razterik

Why do you need that 9th/10th skill boost in that final slot? Aren't all those actives less than 9/10 turns when max skilled?

9 turns for A.Haku. It's workable with 8 skill boosts and a faster haste, but 9 is usually better so you don't potentially waste an active.

This is easier to achieve with regular Pandora and/or Z8, but I'm not sure I would want them over the alternatives.

Top Bottom